Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I’m just annoyed that I don’t know if I’m looking forward to OTA scenes since I worry Diggle is still going to be S7 Diggle or pretend Felicity “pushed him out” and he was in no way in the wrong or Arrow is just going to pretend none of Diggle’s behavior before 707 happened. 

• Love 3

They think they're slick trying to win me over with cute OTA pics and an OTA cake, as if that means something about the episode! I won't be fooled...yet. 😂

8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

So on a scale of 1 to Oliver when a villain mentions Felicity's name, how mad is Beth right now about that name list being discovered?

Probably Oliver when a villain says Felicity’s name, not sure if she’s Oliver when a villain has/attacks Felicity. 

• Love 6

Just for some perspective, MG is co-writing the episode with Emilio Ortega Aldrich, who has co-written some good Felicity/Olicity episodes: 618 (Fundamentals), 604 (Reversal), 512 (Bratva), 420 (Genesis), 411 (AWOL), 406 (Lost Souls). 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Maybe the present will connect to why Thea isn't with Roy in the future? Not trying to automatically jump to Thea's gonna die but 150 is a milestone episode, they seem to be treating like one at least, deaths are usually moments used for milestones and Kirk was bragging about killing someone. I don't like the spec but I'm curious. 

I thought he's supposed to have killed someone in the episodes they've already filmed? 

chromatic_pic Did you go to Fresh Cuts?
bex_tk @chromatic_pic more like visited an old friend and had him clean me up :D
bex_tk @scumkitty I was only in town for like 6 hours!!! Next round for sure

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe they'll bring back a bunch of old characters, in a kind of "all the heroes past friends and allys all come together to help fight a big threat" kind of thing, and thats why Sin is coming back? Because that would be a pretty awesome way to celebrate the shows 150th episode. 

Forgive me if this has already been said, ( I posted this comment before reading the subsequent pages) but with SA's tweet about the 150th and then using "The Office" Gif, now I wonder if they could possibly film it in a documentary style, with people that know them kind of talking about their impact.  That seems nuts for a show like Arrow but they did something kind of similar on Stargate Sg-1 and it turned out to be a hugely emotional episode.  (They also killed a beloved side character so I vote not to replicate that part)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Forgive me if this has already been said, ( I posted this comment before reading the subsequent pages) but with SA's tweet about the 150th and then using "The Office" Gif, now I wonder if they could possibly film it in a documentary style, with people that know them kind of talking about their impact.  That seems nuts for a show like Arrow but they did something kind of similar on Stargate Sg-1 and it turned out to be a hugely emotional episode.  (They also killed a beloved side character so I vote not to replicate that part)

Oh, here I was thinking we were gonna get volleyball at a picnic, Felicity spraining her ankle and going to the hospital and finding out she’s pregnant ala Jim and Pam, LOL.

Documentary style makes much more sense.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, way2interested said:

From what I can read, it's SA, KC, DR, EBR, CH, EK, RG, KA space space space WH 

That seem to be the order they had back in season two and on until KC was fired.  I wonder if it's just habit ingrained from the past.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I don’t know if he’s implying anything specific about the episode or he’s saying it’s just another day at the office.

Has he used the Gif before?

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

First photo of Maya:

The fact that they keep describing her as a "street fighter and thief" and that she's talked about her character growing up in a rough environment makes me think her childhood/family life wasn't very stable and the Queen household was fractured. And that really bums me out. I'm hoping we learn really soon in the FFs that William's estrangement from O & F, and Maya's rough life (assuming she's their kid) are very recent developments.

2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The fact that they keep describing her as a "street fighter and thief" and that she's talked about her character growing up in a rough environment makes me think her childhood/family life wasn't very stable and the Queen household was fractured. And that really bums me out. I'm hoping we learn really soon in the FFs that William's estrangement from O & F, and Maya's rough life (assuming she's their kid) are very recent developments.

Maybe the rough environment she’s referring to is the garbage can that is Star City. 

• Love 17

Maya!

13 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I don’t think that necessarily means a fractured home. I think growing up in Star City with two Vigilante parents would be a tough environment/upbringing. And I imagine her life was probably threatened a few times too, knowing the usual villain M.O. Assuming she is their daughter, of course! 😂

12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe the rough environment she’s referring to is the garbage can that is Star City. 

I hope so. Just the idea of Olicity having a kid who turns into a thief bums me out -- unless it's a very recent development. It's the danger of holding back so much in the FFs -- I get that they want to build suspense while underlining how bleak the Star City is 20 years from now, but I'm really going to need some evidence that it hasn't been bleak for 20 years. I'm not expecting their life to be Ivy Town 2.0, but gawd we need some hope about the future ASAP. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I hope so. Just the idea of Olicity having a kid who turns into a thief bums me out -- unless it's a very recent development. It's the danger of holding back so much in the FFs -- I get that they want to build suspense while underlining how bleak the Star City is 20 years from now, but I'm really going to need some evidence that it hasn't been bleak for 20 years. I'm not expecting their life to be Ivy Town 2.0, but gawd we need some hope about the future ASAP. 

I think we’ll just be introduced to her as a thief, which in the current environment isn’t the worst thing. She could just be doing what she has to in order to survive and then we’ll find out more as they reveal what exactly is or isn’t going on in the future and how long it’s been a dumpster fire. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think we also have to remember they're trying to keep her identity a secret other than a few vague details. 

Just like we're told Oliver and Felicity abandoned William but they haven't given us a definitive timeline for that yet. 

I think they are also trying to make her as different from William as possible. William is Felicity, Maya is Oliver. William will get behind the computer, Maya will get in the ring.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If you save the photo embedded in the article, then hit "Get Info," you see: "Arrow -- "Unmasked" -- Image Number: AR708b_0375b -- Pictured: Katherine McNamara as Mia -- Photo: Bettina Strauss/The CW -- © 2018 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved."

Thank you! 

I wonder what the point of changing her name would be, unless they want to telegraph to comics fans that she’s the future Speedy. I wonder if one of those is just a cover for something she’s working on in the Glades and the other is her real name? 

Edited by apinknightmare
13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I see a redditor is already angry in the replies to that tweet. Good, good, let the hate flow through you. 

All I want from 7x08 is lots of Olicity and redditors to cry. 

• Love 11
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I wonder what the point of changing her name would be, unless they want to telegraph to comics fans that she’s the future Thea. I wonder if one of those is just a cover for something she’s working on in the Glades and the other is her real name? 

Could be, sort of like with Tina/Dinah. The names are even similar in both cases. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The whole article repeatedly refers to her as Maya, but if CW publicity sent out pictures with her name as Mia, Maya could just be a cover to not give it away (an attempt and a fail). 

If it is ... poor Beth. She keeps trying so hard to keep any spoilers from getting out and everyone (especially the CW) is failing her. 

• Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

If it is ... poor Beth. She keeps trying so hard to keep any spoilers from getting out and everyone (especially the CW) is failing her. 

True! If they’re hiding her real name, someone’s gonna get the job of checking the metadata on their publicity stills. If not, then she’s gonna start adding contradictory info to these pics, LOL. 

I still don’t get why they’d change her name twice if her name is in fact, Mia. The casting notice called her Jessie Bowden, or something like it. If her name is Mia and they wanted to hide it, why change it to Maya? 🤔😂

14 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I prefer Maya, but whatever. I'm not picky.

I'd prefer Mia because Maya is my name. The spelling is different, but the pronounciation is the same. And it's just odd. I was hoping it was a placeholder like Tina.