Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, doesntworkonwood said:

It's a bit more 'off' this year though, because I didn't really care about the newbies. I do care about Diggle, and I've spent the past 6 years caring about Diggle and his story. I know Diggle, and this 'pod' Diggle isn't him. I don't expect him to fully support Felicity at all, in fact he should be the one to talk her down. Instead he's making up lies and ignoring facts (like her pushing him away and that Diaz tried and almost succeeded in murdering her). They're throwing him under a bus for 'plot' and 'shock' reasons, which shows that they're putting plot over character once more. I was hoping for more from Beth. 

This is especially bothering me. Has anyone except for Watson even acknowledged that Felicity was almost killed after 701?

Dinah told her to go back to witness protection, where she was almost killed. (She even seemed to care more about Laurel being under SCPD protection than Felicity's safety, though I do tend to zone out a bit during Dinah's scenes, so I don't know if that was simply because of her SCPD officers or what.) 

Diggle thinks she should just "move on" even though that's impossible to do when the person who just almost killed her is still out there and for all they knew, could have tried to do that again and again until he succeeded. In 702, Diggle seemed to think that having ARGUS watching her was enough ... even though ARGUS was watching her in 701 when she was attacked. 

• Love 11

The problem I have is that I don’t know if they’re deliberately writing the team as not seeming to be that concerned about Felicity almost being killed to drive the flash forwards or if it’s an accidental outcome of writing for the flash forwards.  

With this show it’s hard to tell because there have been so many times where they’ve been shocked that audience reaction hasn’t gone the way they anticipated.  

The one thing I know for sure is that I will be really annoyed if Diggle, Dinah and Curtis get any words of thanks from Oliver for assisting Felicity to capture Diaz or secure his release from prison. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

The one thing I know for sure is that I will be really annoyed if Diggle, Dinah and Curtis get any words of thanks from Oliver for assisting Felicity to capture Diaz or secure his release from prison. 

I’m looking at it this way: it can’t be as bad as when Chase got the credit for getting Diggle out of prison and Felicity got nothing except judgment for working with Helix. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

He’s going to hit on Felicity right? And then Oliver interrupts and Olicity have a moment and Max just huffs off? 

Fanfic says so. 

Fanfic tells me Diggle is always an awesome supportive friend to Felicity and often takes her side when Oliver makes terrible relationship decisions. Guys, fanfic lies.

That said, random character to bring back, even if they needed a club he hates Oliver because Ollie slept with his fiancé at the rehearsal dinner (gross Ollie) so maybe a crack about that? 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I think the most likely thing is that she's Olicity's kid. It fits with the whole baby/no baby thing. BS's if they really want to troll. ;) 2nd place would be random unconnected fighter. I just couldn't remember if there were some unexplored possibilities that were obvious. Someone said a few days ago that even in this season of no spoilers we'd called a lot of it on here. 

If they reaaaaaally want to troll they'll have her call BS "Mom" only to reveal later that crazy BS made off with Olicity's child and that's why Felicity finally went over the edge. Hehe very soapy! 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

If they reaaaaaally want to troll they'll have her call BS "Mom" only to reveal later that crazy BS made off with Olicity's child and that's why Felicity finally went over the edge. Hehe very soapy! 

I'm way more petty. I'm hoping twenty years from now they've forgotten who BS is. "Remember that person we use to know in the DA office. What was her name again?" 

I mean it's been ten years since I graduated high school and I've forgotten the names of some of my teachers and class mates so it's totally believable they could forget BS 😉

• Love 4
On 11/21/2018 at 10:49 PM, Trisha said:

What ever happened to that Tumblr/Twitter person who was insisting they had a spoiler about Felicity dying 8 years ago in the FFs? Have they slunk away in shame?

I’m really curious about how much screentime they’re going to devote to the Olicity reunion in 708 (especially if 707 is all set in the prison). It sounds like they are going to be on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster following his release, since EBR teased the ‘kiss with scars’ and them getting waylaid (and hopefully way laid!) on the way to a fancy event — plus the ep also needs to set up the bad place she said their relationship is at when heading into the crossover in 709. Basically I’m hoping everyone else gets little to no screentime and we’re treated to an Olicity angst buffet!

It would be a great Christmas present for the Olicity fans. One can only hope. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
Apparently I added an S where it shouldn’t be.
  • Love 1

I'm trying not to raise my expectations, since I assume 95% of this episode is going to take place in the prison, but I generally trust Lindsay and Laura Hurley, so the fact that they liked this episode so much seems promising.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:
I'm trying not to raise my expectations, since I assume 95% of this episode is going to take place in the prison, but I generally trust Lindsay and Laura Hurley, so the fact that they liked this episode so much seems promising.

I would appreciate 3D getting absolutely stomped for 42 minutes, but #KidVicious still stinking up Vancouver doesn't give me much hope that I'll get what I want. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I would appreciate 3D getting absolutely stomped for 42 minutes, but #KidVicious still stinking up Vancouver doesn't give me much hope that I'll get what I want. 

Don’t bring logic into this, let me hope until the episode finishes airing.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I don't know, I'm wary about this episode. I was skimming reddit and saw someone post they had spoilers and were happy about what happens ... and you know reddit.

That person LOVES 3D though, and all they've ever really wanted was Diaz to be a formidable villain and comic accurate, so I guess he is in this (although they did hint that he comes out of the fight a ~loser).

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

And it's not an all or nothing thing. Just because reddit likes an episode doesn't mean it's bad just like if tumblr likes an episode doesn't means it's bad.

One of this person's reasons for liking it included Felicity not being in it very much (assuming their spoilers are correct), so I don't blame @insomniadreams88 for being wary, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

That person LOVES 3D though, and all they've ever really wanted was Diaz to be a formidable villain and comic accurate, so I guess he is in this (although they did hint that he comes out of the fight a ~loser).

True. I think it's just my hatred of all things Diaz that's affecting my judgment already. And if they suddenly make him a "worthy" villain, it's not like we're going to forget everything that happened before 707. 

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

And it's not an all or nothing thing. Just because reddit likes an episode doesn't mean it's bad just like if tumblr likes an episode doesn't means it's bad.

Oh, very true, and I don't even know if I expect the episode to be bad. I just don't know if I'm going to think it's as great as I feel it's been hyped as, from the press and reddit. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

One of this person's reasons for liking it included Felicity not being in it very much, so I don't blame @insomniadreams88 for being wary, LOL.

Honestly, I feel like I wouldn't mind Felicity not being in it much if I didn't expect to also see FFs where Dinah's everywhere, you know? 

I completely understand why it's going to be Oliver's episode and I want an Oliver-centric episode, especially since it's going to be the last one he's in prison for -- I wouldn't feel the same if say, we knew he wasn't going to get out until 711 or later and we had to sit through a prison-centric episode after already seeing him there for 6 episodes and knowing he'd be there for multiple episodes after. 

But isn't this also the episode introducing KM? Meaning FFs? Meaning more Dinah and "Felicity is totally dead and evil and we don't care" nonsense. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Honestly, I feel like I wouldn't mind Felicity not being in it much if I didn't expect to also see FFs where Dinah's everywhere, you know? 

They can put Dinah's dumb ass in it all they like if I get to watch an O/F reunion. 

But isn't this also the episode introducing KM? Meaning FFs? Meaning more Dinah and "Felicity is totally dead and evil and we don't care" nonsense. 

Yeah, I think so - I'm guessing they're going to go see Blackstar who will either be her or lead them to her.  

I'm also guessing (if she is O/F's daughter) that we won't find out for a while and I'm morbidly curious how they might pull that off. I'm also curious about whether or not William is going to know who she is. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

One of this person's reasons for liking it included Felicity not being in it very much (assuming their spoilers are correct), so I don't blame @insomniadreams88 for being wary, LOL.

Definitely fair to judge, then! The original argument was just that someone on reddit like it in general which = eh, this episode might be not good (later clarified as just "not good as hyped," which I actually agree is a fair criticism). I mean, last time I checked reddit, they were pretty anti-newbie and mad at Diggle as well, so it would at least probably mean that Curtis wouldn't be saving the day or anything.

I completely understand why it's going to be Oliver's episode and I want an Oliver-centric episode, especially since it's going to be the last one he's in prison for

And I get the meh-ness for the flashforwards, but tbh because it's an Oliver-centric episode is the reason why I think it might actually be pretty good, especially since Laura Hurley loves heroic Oliver. 

7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Likely, and there's also a chance for a glimpse of older Oliver (per SA's "I can't show my face because spoilers" post during 707 filming), which would fit the Oliver-focused story.

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm also guessing (if she is O/F's daughter) that we won't find out for a while

I can't imagine them keeping it longer than 708 if 708 is looking to be the "Olicity deal with their problems" episode and Beth and Oscar wrote it after also writing the reveal of Older William

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Definitely fair to judge, then! The original argument was just that someone on reddit like it in general which = eh, this episode might be not good (later clarified as just "not good as hyped," which I actually agree is a fair criticism). I mean, last time I checked reddit, they were pretty anti-newbie and mad at Diggle as well, so it would at least probably mean that Curtis wouldn't be saving the day or anything.

Yes, I understand what the argument was which is why I pointed out what this person wrote specifically about this episode. 

12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I can't imagine them keeping it longer than 708 if 708 is looking to be the "Olicity deal with their problems" episode and Beth and Oscar wrote it after also writing the reveal of Older William

I guess we'll see! Seven episodes of prison was tough to imagine at one point and yet here we are. 

Reading the criticisms of the FF'd, and it's bumming me out how uncreative these writers are. They could have done anything with the FF'd but opted for doom and gloom. I would have rather watched the cliched happy Olicity family that gets pulled back into the vigilante game when something goes wrong. Finds out his kids have been training in secret maybe with Felicity's  or Uncle Digg who's not a jerk's help. 

But I'm sure the writers know best and the more Dinah/JH the better, and implying Felicity went evil and then died is the superlative story choice. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I guess we'll see! Seven episodes of prison was tough to imagine at one point and yet here we are. 

Olicity actually getting together and getting married was once tough to imagine too and yet here we are XD. So, yeah, it's a flip of a coin and we'll see.

• Love 1

I'm expecting a 1 minute Olicity reunion at the end of the episode. Nothing in depth till 7x08.

I don't think I know what I'm expecting from Maya's introduction. Is she Blackstar? Is she Olicity's daughter? If so, good or bad? Does she know who her parents are? Is she with Oliver? Is Oliver even alive? 

Sea was filming for this episode so I'm thinking the plots go A) Oliver B) FFs C) NGA. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Reading the criticisms of the FF'd, and it's bumming me out how uncreative these writers are. They could have done anything with the FF'd but opted for doom and gloom. I would have rather watched the cliched happy Olicity family that gets pulled back into the vigilante game when something goes wrong. Finds out his kids have been training in secret maybe with Felicity's  or Uncle Digg who's not a jerk's help. 

But I'm sure the writers know best and the more Dinah/JH the better, and implying Felicity went evil and then died is the superlative story choice. 

I think that centering the flash forwards around a mystery regarding Felicity was a great idea, especially if it's one that lasts for a while. Not that it isn't frustrating - it is, but people who love her and hate her will be interested in where it goes (although, yeah...for very different reasons). Having Dinah feature heavily and making the city a complete nightmare were not great ideas though, agreed!

• Love 12

I don't know if this is a spoiler or just another Nocking Point collaboration, so I'm posting it here to be safe (yes, that's Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling sitting at the table with Drew Harding)...

13 hours ago, Featherhat said:

That said, random character to bring back, even if they needed a club he hates Oliver because Ollie slept with his fiancé at the rehearsal dinner (gross Ollie) so maybe a crack about that? 

Whatever happened to Verdant? Thea was running it in s3, but did it just disappear when she joined Oliver at City Hall in s4? Why can't they have the party there even if they did sell it?

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Whatever happened to Verdant? Thea was running it in s3, but did it just disappear when she joined Oliver at City Hall in s4? Why can't they have the party there even if they did sell it?

Season three they faked Roy as the Green Arrow so the police took over the lair and found "evidence" that he did it all alone.  So I guess at that point they abandoned Verdant? Oliver and Felicity left town and Thea was now a full time vigilante.  So that was that?   

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe that’s where Malcolm grew his clones and how he’ll (regrettably) come back to the show? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

From what I’ve seen on Tumblr about the episode, I think we might have to wait until 708. 

Could you tell me what's being said?

I really don't care for an ep of Oliver fighting in jail but that sounds like the gist of the ep.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Could you tell me what's being said?

I really don't care for an ep of Oliver fighting in jail but that sounds like the gist of the ep.

I dont remember how I found it but I read something about not expecting to see the big reunion in 707. Don’t know if it was reliable or not and can’t find it again. 

But im going into 707 not expecting a reunion so if we get it, it’ll be a nice surprise, instead of expecting one and feeling let down if we don’t. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I dont remember how I found it but I read something about not expecting to see the big reunion in 707. Don’t know if it was reliable or not and can’t find it again. 

But im going into 707 not expecting a reunion so if we get it, it’ll be a nice surprise, instead of expecting one and feeling let down if we don’t. 

Thanks for the warning. I'm totally bummed because it sounds like no reunion shot and then probably cut to a week later in 708 like I predicted. 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

From what I’ve seen on Tumblr about the episode, I think we might have to wait until 708. 

Honestly I expected waiting until 708 but I'M DYING HERE, BETH. WTF BETH.

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

a jump cut to the Flash Forward revealing Maya as William's sister.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I'll be really pleasantly surprised if they reveal it right away instead of dragging it out for mystery's sake. 

We could get both - Maya revealed to be William’s sister, but she calls Felicity by name instead of Mom to make viewers question who her mom is (but it’s simply that something happened and she’s mad so Felicity is Felicity instead of Mom right now). 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Honestly I kind of expected waiting until 708 but I'M DYING HERE, BETH. WTF BETH.

All I wanted was a 3 min hug and kiss and nose mush after 7 frigging eps of nothing. But that's asking too much apparently. 

I'm super wary about Reddit liking it. I can't see them liking an Olicitot. She could very well be BS's kid.

We could get both - Maya revealed to be William’s sister, but she calls Felicity by name instead of Mom to make viewers question who her mom is (but it’s simply that something happened and she’s mad so Felicity is Felicity instead of Mom right now). 

Yeah, maybe. I'd think it'd be difficult to keep something like that hidden for very long, but I guess that depends on whether they're going to try and sell William being so estranged that he doesn't know her or not. I could see her being revealed as his sister, and I could also see her being revealed with a "Maya?" and it being obvious that they know her but not how they know her. 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm super wary about Reddit liking it. I can't see them liking an Olicitot. She could very well be BS's kid.

Reddit hasn't liked anything - they haven't even seen it yet, neither has the person who said they had spoilers. 

This is what he/she had to say about it, if anyone's curious (I guess the "surprise end moment" could be a Maya thing or have something to do with Diaz):

Not gonna say who the source is out of respect. But let me just say this:

Anyone who has ever called Diaz a loser. Prepare to eat your words next episode :P

Also:

Prepare for a surprising end moment.

Prepare to also be very happy.

Prepare for incredible fights.

One of the best Arrow episodes ever.

BARELY ANY FELICITY SCENES.

Not gonna go into specific details in the sub, sorry :P but...

Get ready. 👀

I'm not expecting any flashforwards in 707, purely because cutting away to them would interrupt the whole tension of the prison stuff. Could be wrong though. 

And I still have my doubts they'll reveal who Maya really is in 708 (if she is their daughter, I'm like 95% sure). They could leave it hanging at the end of that episode, like maybe William recognizes her but doesn't reveal how he does. Maybe he sees her fighting and is shocked and is like "Maya?" and then the flashforward ends. That way they could drag it out until January. 

Or it's possible William won't recognize her at all because he's been absent for a few years and she's not the same Maya he left behind? That's another way of trolling the audience and making people believe William was just abandoned in boarding school and never came home. 

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

All I wanted was a 3 min hug and kiss and nose mush after 7 frigging eps of nothing. But that's asking too much apparently. 

I would've been satisfied with a hug and a kiss for 30 seconds right at the end of the episode, haha. But I can see them also wanting to just focus on the prison aspect rather than any kind of reunion. 

I really hope 708 gives us something good for Olicity after 7 episodes apart but I'm worried they're just gonna jump straight into more angst. Beth needs to dial it back. 

Anyone who has ever called Diaz a loser. Prepare to eat your words next episode :P

Also:

Prepare for a surprising end moment.

Prepare to also be very happy.

Prepare for incredible fights.

One of the best Arrow episodes ever.

BARELY ANY FELICITY SCENES.

1. I will never eat my words about Diaz because he's awful and so is KA.

2. I didn't expect much Felicity anyway but the way he caps-locked that announcement made me LOL. Oh, Reddit.

3. Surprising end moment? Prepare to be very happy? This could mean anything, haha.

Edited by Guest