Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

I wonder what kind of idiot decision he's going to be making? As a prisoner his choices would be pretty limited - either escaping (which he said he wasn't going to do last episode, so it's a possibility), or Laurel is going to get him out and he decides to stick around for a little longer for some reason?

IDK why but I thought he might make another deal with ARGUS (and the FBI) or something. Like they let him out if he also works for them? It could play into the whole ARGUS is bad thing later on.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

IDK why but I thought he might make another deal with ARGUS (and the FBI) or something. Like they let him out if he also works for them? It could play into the whole ARGUS is bad thing later on.

Yeah, that's possible. Just what we need - another person in a mall security outfit!

• Love 4
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Is there nothing else happening in 7x07 that they just had to keep it to that very small description? 

I think it is predominantly an Oliver episode. Isn't this the one with the prison riot? 

12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I just think it's Chico being Chico with her descriptions, given that she even tweeted that she had no idea how to write the description for 707

Here's how you do:

JAMES BAMFORD DIRECTS AN EPIC EPISODE

NAKED PRISON FIGHTS IN AN EPIC EPISODE

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Here's how you do:

JAMES BAMFORD DIRECTS AN EPIC EPISODE

NAKED PRISON FIGHTS IN AN EPIC EPISODE

I love it, but to play defender if the prison fight is in the third act I doubt she wants to spoil it.

I'm guessing the decision might be him deciding to go back out as the GA in public maybe considering his whole "being whole in the light" speech in 705, to be paralleled in whatever flashforward scene he filmed in 707

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

In the Elseworlds promo released last night, Diggle and Barry (Oliver) are sparring in an ARGUS training room, so this is probably a good bet.

If they make Oliver wear that mall security uniform, I will scream. But I have to imagine they would put his skills to better use than that and put him out in the field.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 2

If he's Argus though, why is he still in the GA outfit in the crossover and in 708 (presumably, since SA made the comment about changing a costume by removing something while filming 708)?

I guess Team Arrow would work with Argus and then take over the shady Argus plot?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

If he's Argus though, why is he still in the GA outfit in the crossover and in 708 (presumably, since SA made the comment about changing a costume by removing something while filming 708)?

I guess Team Arrow would work with Argus and then take over the shady Argus plot?

Maybe they support his activities as Green Arrow as well as the team? It would give them a way around the anti-vigilante measure #100000000 (especially if Oliver goes out unmasked) and it would keep the immunity deals in place (not that this is how it would work IRL, but for Arrow it would make as much sense as anything else). 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

In the Elseworlds promo released last night, Diggle and Barry (Oliver) are sparring in an ARGUS training room, so this is probably a good bet.

If they make Oliver wear that mall security uniform, I will scream. But I have to imagine they would put his skills to better use than that and put him out in the field.

I just assumed he’d be wearing his GA outfit tbh. 

Yeah, I could buy it more if it's Oliver/Team Arrow working with Argus, since they have for years, rather than for Argus, since then it places more weight on Oliver just choosing to be GA again instead of trying to introduce an additional random "work for Argus" kind of deal that Oliver already kind of did back in the s3 flashbacks. And then they could go further in the plot of probably Oliver/the Team/later Diggle not wanting to do things with Argus anymore but tied to it because of the working relationship.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, I could buy it more if it's Oliver/Team Arrow working with Argus, since they have for years, rather than for Argus, since then it places more weight on Oliver just choosing to be GA again instead of trying to introduce an additional random "work for Argus" kind of deal that Oliver already kind of did back in the s3 flashbacks

I would guess - if this happens - that there might be a specific threat that they tap him to deal with, so in that respect I think they would be working for ARGUS, with the option of operating freely as Green Arrow after whatever it is that they needed his help with is taken care of. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I would guess - if this happens - that there might be a specific threat that they tap him to deal with, so in that respect I think they would be working for ARGUS, with the option of operating freely as Green Arrow after whatever it is that they needed his help with is taken care of. 

Yeah, something like that, but I'm still seeing it like Oliver would be like a consultant or partner rather than like agent or actual employee like Diggle or Curtis. It's the whole 705/706 gimmick of them basically trying to just free Oliver as Oliver with no mention of needing a deal is what's ultimately making me wary about Argus really having anything to do with his freedom, unless it's a last minute set-up in 706 like 622 with Watson for 623.

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm officially scared of your "Shattered Lives" spec now ??????

I don't think that an episode called "My Name is Emiko Queen" suddenly changes into a big Olicity-drama episode just because a name change. Also, it doesn't seem like SA filmed much for 710 due to the crossover.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I don't think that an episode called "My Name is Emiko Queen" suddenly changes into a big Olicity-drama episode just because a name change. Also, it doesn't seem like SA filmed much for 710 due to the crossover.

Yeah - I imagine that the main shattered life is Emiko's, maybe Robert's, and whoever Emiko's mother is (and Oliver, for realizing yet again that his dad was a shitbag). 

• Love 1

I’m expecting Talia to be Emiko’s mom now, purely because I feel like they bought her back last episode for more than we saw. 

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Did CW fall behind in releasing the episode descriptions? 707 airs in 2 weeks, these normally come out 3 weeks in advance. We should up to 708 this week. Odd

Just on Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow. Flash's and Supergirl's descriptions had elements that were revealed from this week's episodes (or at least is what I would guess is the defense since the descriptions reference things that were revealed in 505 of Flash and 405 of Supergirl), so I guess Chico was figuring the same for Arrow, but ended up being super vague in the end anyway. Hopefully that doesn't carry over to this week and they all still get released today/tomorrow like usual.

Edited by way2interested
11 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Please God don’t let Oliver make another decision without Felicity’s input that leads to more fracture. 

This.  But I'm not really worried.  

I would think she'd be ok with him agreeing to do something he normally would have as GA to get out of jail without any question of her support.  In reality, they should be having a conversation about any major choice before making it, but I'll settle for any choice that might not clearly be something the other would approve of since the realities of television have couples doing things for dramatic reveals or off screen to speed the story up.

14 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm sorry is Bamford supposed to be some sort of attraction? OMG this episode is directed by JAMES BAMFORD!!!

Chico:  Bamford! Bamford ! Bamford!

Regular viewer:  Who?

If it is the prison riot episode, the description could be something like "After the recent developments / ending of Level 2 at Slabside, things come to a violent head." the description writes itself. "Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a choice that will affect his entire life, as well as the lives of everyone he cares about"  happens multiple times a season.

• Love 1

That whole "affect his entire life" bit is probably linked to whatever we see in the flashforwards. At least I'm assuming?

Anyone think it's possible we could see Oliver fighting against the vigilante resistance in the future? 

Here's a really crazy theory: ARGUS is the big bad in the future in Star City. And they're holding Felicity hostage to make Oliver work for them (connects to a deal he makes in 707 to get out of prison). So, the public thinks Felicity's dead (hence Dinah's statement). But Oliver knows she's not? It's messy and there are probably lots of holes and reasons why it wouldn't work. But it would at least sort of connect Oliver and ARGUS' storylines. 

I definitely think ARGUS is the big bad in the future. And Oliver making a deal with them basically connects the storyline that has been building in 7a. 

IDK about them holding Felicity hostage or anything though. I can't quite figure out what they're doing there except to give all the "kids" a reason to continue the whole legacy. The only thing I feel pretty sure about is that if her death is a fakeout, they're gonna act like she's really dead for a while, if not most of the season because they're trolls like that and they hate me. ?

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just realised Bamford is directing the reunion ???

Is he directing the possible Olicity dessert too?

If it's in 708, no.

Also, to be fair to him, it's not like he's never directed an Olicity moment or has directed them all badly. 502, 608, and 701 had really good Olicity scenes.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Isn't he doing 707? I was sure he was. 

30 secs of Olicity seeing each other at the end over a desk it will be. 

But that's not the director's decision, that's a writing decision. 

Now, if we can't properly enjoy the reunion because of a shaky camera, that's on him. 

They have to be building to ARGUS as the bad guys, maybe in time for next seasons crossover, or for the flash forwards. They've brought up the ARGUS controlled future in LoT, some possible meta drama with Nora in The Flash, Digg is realizing, yet again, that ARGUS is shady, and Supergirl is going super hard on their aliens as persecuted story. Thematically, and logically, it makes total sense for them to go full on dark side. Its basically been building towards this since Suicide Squad, but now that ARGUS and meta humans and such are becoming a bigger part of the story, it seems like the perfect time to drop that hammer. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But that's not the director's decision, that's a writing decision. 

Now, if we can't properly enjoy the reunion because of a shaky camera, that's on him. 

Isn't he the one responsible for not pointing the camera at their hands?

Yes I'm bitter about 623 still.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm assuming from someone whose casting hasn't been announced yet? Probably for a flashforward? Maybe JJ? 

I'd guess SS who plays Emiko since they did the whole "soon" thing and would have been in like 3-4 episodes by then, but then if they reveal someone in the flashforwards in like 706 I guess that would be a good guess too

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think I'm just not into his work. Some of those were decent but definitely not in my top 10.

Yeah, that's fine (although their 701 is now in my top 10 imo). I'm just saying there's a huge difference between "decent" and defining his work as "30 secs of Olicity seeing each other at the end over a desk it will be." Bitterness at something he did doesn't define what he will do 

• Love 2