Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Episode 5

Lydia draws Charlotte deeper into her web, but should Charlotte compromise herself in the hope of catching Lydia red-handed? Lucy finds herself playing a dangerous game with Fallon which could have disastrous consequences.

Original airdate: 8/1/18

I actually thought that a lot happened in this episode. Emily is pregnant, Charles confronts his mother about the attack and sort of sides with his mother over Emily. William and Margaret are reconciled, the justice and Amelia are engaged, Fanny finds out that she gets to keep her baby, Lucy more or less confirms to her guy that she killed Sir George (how stupid was that?), and Charlotte gets busted in her attempt to bring Quigley down.

I knew there was no way that Charlotte's plan would work (how could they guarantee that their man wouldn't be outbid?) but I didn't expect her to be found out in this episode. I'm worried for her but feel confident that she'll survive whatever happens since Jessica Brown Findlay is basically the lead along with Samantha Morton. Plus the guy who got ejected from Quigley's will likely be able to raise the alarm in time for Margaret and her people to keep anything really bad from happening. I'm guessing there's no chance of that poor girl escaping thougn. So sad and cruel. 

The marquess talks about his sister's reputation like it's already damaged so maybe that's why she never married. I can't decide if he knows about the kid or not. I feel like his days have to be numbered especially if he ends up raping this girl.

I'm still nervous that Lucy's guy is going to get psycho on her. She's acting like she completely trusts him and is 100% comfortable with him. I realize she doesn't know everything that the audience knows, but she got a vibe of the crazy that's in him with the pomegranate scene so I know she knows that there's something off about this guy.

Quigley's scenes with the chief justice continue to be amusing. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I actually thought that a lot happened in this episode. Emily is pregnant, Charles confronts his mother about the attack and sort of sides with his mother over Emily. William and Margaret are reconciled, the justice and Amelia are engaged, Fanny finds out that she gets to keep her baby, Lucy more or less confirms to her guy that she killed Sir George (how stupid was that?), and Charlotte gets busted in her attempt to bring Quigley down.

I knew there was no way that Charlotte's plan would work (how could they guarantee that their man wouldn't be outbid?) but I didn't expect her to be found out in this episode. I'm worried for her but feel confident that she'll survive whatever happens since Jessica Brown Findlay is basically the lead along with Samantha Morton. Plus the guy who got ejected from Quigley's will likely be able to raise the alarm in time for Margaret and her people to keep anything really bad from happening. I'm guessing there's no chance of that poor girl escaping thougn. So sad and cruel. 

The marquess talks about his sister's reputation like it's already damaged so maybe that's why she never married. I can't decide if he knows about the kid or not. I feel like his days have to be numbered especially if he ends up raping this girl.

I'm still nervous that Lucy's guy is going to get psycho on her. She's acting like she completely trusts him and is 100% comfortable with him. I realize she doesn't know everything that the audience knows, but she got a vibe of the crazy that's in him with the pomegranate scene so I know she knows that there's something off about this guy.

Quigley's scenes with the chief justice continue to be amusing. 

I think Emily lied about the pregnancy. Felt more like a move out of desperation to keep Charles on her side against his mother.

• Love 7

And this, Lucy, is why you don't start getting a crush on the evil bad boy frat brother just because he gave you the best sex of your teenaged life. Before you know it he has you playing with knives, doing drugs, and confessing all your secrets which he'll probably tell all over campus. All their parts were like an 18th Century cautionary Lifetime movie -- something along the lines of "Mother, May I Sleep with (Lord) Murder?"

I feel so bad for her, she's probably all of seventeen and he's what? In his late twenties or early thirties? He's a twisted monster with all sorts of class and race superiority issues (when he was talking about the Spartans killing Helots because of the latter's inferior blood, he was chilling because you could see that he 100% believed that shit is how the world should be). He's the sort of man that no matter what era he lives in, will always be on the evil and wrong side of history.

The way Liddington talked to Fanny and how Blayne talks to and treats Isabella is absolutely appalling. All these noble men are total overflowing trashcans and someone needs to take the trash out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

The Magistrate is a sweet man. and I really want Amelia to marry him, but I am disappointed Amelia doesn't do it from her own choice and soul searching.  She was portrayed as strong and independent so far, making her own moral rules and applying diplomacy, but now she buckles under the first bit of pressure? Nah, it doesn't fit. It feels like very bad writing to me. At least she should have had a night long prayer about it, or something.

So, what a hair brained scheme was that? With the magistrate and Fanny's policeman plus some more muscleman, a raid on a whorehouse would be enough to save the girl, and make kidnap stick. How would they explain to the magistrate "this girl was kidnapped", girl "eh, no, I was hired as a housemaid. If anyone kidnapped me it was the black dude in golden spandex". I get that the house is protected by what-s-his-name-client, but not that much. It would be better to involve the magistrate than, ehm, what? lowering the girl out of the window against her will? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Lydia Quigley has the upper hand not just because of her intelligence but because of her connections. The 5 headed beast is a fail because they don't really have any connections. Ultimately this is a battle between the 1% and everyone else. Lydia's strategy is always been to position herself with the top tier people and benefit from that association. It's what has saved her the last two episodes.

The smarter Charlotte strategy would have been to do the same. Charlotte has been in Golden Square for awhile and her only real connection is Lady Fitz...a woman with money but as powerless as she is.

I actually like Lucy although her character is more mysterious than Charlotte. I think she is harder to read and it's more difficult to understand her motivations. She doesn't have Charlotte's easy charm and I think there is visible rage beneath the surface. I also don't think she's as caring as Charlotte either. While I don't think she's a murderer...being a prostitute is not for her.

Justice Hunt and Amelia is a fail. He would better with Violet.

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of Justice Hunt and don't think that Amelia is going to be happy with him. 

3 hours ago, dmc said:

Lydia Quigley has the upper hand not just because of her intelligence but because of her connections. The 5 headed beast is a fail because they don't really have any connections. Ultimately this is a battle between the 1% and everyone else. Lydia's strategy is always been to position herself with the top tier people and benefit from that association. It's what has saved her the last two episodes.

The smarter Charlotte strategy would have been to do the same. Charlotte has been in Golden Square for awhile and her only real connection is Lady Fitz...a woman with money but as powerless as she is.

I think a big problem with the five headed beast is that they have little patience for playing a long game. Charlotte could have brought Quigley down if she'd waited and continued to gather information. I thought that the idea was for Charlotte to make herself indispensable to Quigley so that Quigley continued to rely on her more and more until Charlotte was able to close a trap and take over Golden Square in every sense. Turn Quigley into a powerless victim as she's made so many other women.

Instead she went for a fast, half cocked plan where multiple things were out of their control. There wasn't a guarantee that their guy would be the highest bidder. (What if the marquess wasn't the only one willing to bid more than £200? It's not like Charlotte could have forced each guy to keep from bidding higher.) There was no guarantee that Quigley would allow the "winner" to take the girl away from Golden Square. In fact she has every reason to not comply with that request. Then there's the whole affair with the necklace. Including the necklace in the money purse reeks of a person not having enough money to deliver simple cash. Their guy already stands out because of his skin color and they give him a woman's necklace and think that this won't be suspicious especially to a person like Quigley? Why would any rich dude have some woman's necklace in his pocket especially knowing that he'd be bidding with other rich guys? Also, just assuming that Quigley did allow the guy to leave with the girl? What is it that the girl can say that would condemn Quigley? The whole plan was stupid IMO.  I thought Charlotte was smarter than that.

Charlotte would have been more helpful to the girl if she'd told her to get out of the carriage while Quigley was talking with Amelia's mother. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I'm not a fan of Justice Hunt and don't think that Amelia is going to be happy with him. 

I think a big problem with the five headed beast is that they have little patience for playing a long game. Charlotte could have brought Quigley down if she'd waited and continued to gather information. I thought that the idea was for Charlotte to make herself indispensable to Quigley so that Quigley continued to rely on her more and more until Charlotte was able to close a trap and take over Golden Square in every sense. Turn Quigley into a powerless victim as she's made so many other women.

Instead she went for a fast, half cocked plan where multiple things were out of their control. There wasn't a guarantee that their guy would be the highest bidder. (What if the marquess wasn't the only one willing to bid more than £200? It's not like Charlotte could have forced each guy to keep from bidding higher.) There was no guarantee that Quigley would allow the "winner" to take the girl away from Golden Square. In fact she has every reason to not comply with that request. Then there's the whole affair with the necklace. Including the necklace in the money purse reeks of a person not having enough money to deliver simple cash. Their guy already stands out because of his skin color and they give him a woman's necklace and think that this won't be suspicious especially to a person like Quigley? Why would any rich dude have some woman's necklace in his pocket especially knowing that he'd be bidding with other rich guys? Also, just assuming that Quigley did allow the guy to leave with the girl? What is it that the girl can say that would condemn Quigley? The whole plan was stupid IMO.  I thought Charlotte was smarter than that.

Charlotte would have been more helpful to the girl if she'd told her to get out of the carriage while Quigley was talking with Amelia's mother. 

Agreed it was an awful plan

2 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I did think Charlotte decided just that, to throw the girl out of the carriage and tell her to run, but she waited too long and Quigley was at the door already.  I have to agree with everything you've said. I was very surprised at how quick and sudden their plan took effect. I thought it would surely go into another season, a slow burn to finally put Quigley down. It was going along nicely, then suddenly became so rushed. It was almost as if they heard the series was going to be cancelled and had to wrap up! Charlotte, and all of them actually, seemed to completely forget that Quigley is smart and manipulating and it would take careful conniving to put one over on her. They were very sloppy. You could see Quigley catching on that something was wrong. Charlotte was too eager, several times, for one. Too bad Will wasn't involved, he would have probably coached them through it better. He's a bit sharper than the rest of them.

• Love 2

I thought Charlotte was smarter/tougher than that.

charlie felt something when Emily put his hand on her stomach, so maybe she really is pregnant.

im kind of hoping Fallon has it in him to fall for Lucy.  He is pretty much a class snob though.  

He has a bit of a stick up his ass and is too serious for his own good, but I don't think Hunt is that bad. He is definitely one of the better quality men we have seen in this show, imo. However, yeah, Amelia isn't going to be happy with him because she is a lesbian and in love with Violet. But to be honest, in the time and place she is living in, she could do much worse then a decent man that makes a decent living, like ending up under Quigley's thumb. I'm curious how this love triangle will turn out.

6 hours ago, ferjy said:

I was very surprised at how quick and sudden their plan took effect. I thought it would surely go into another season, a slow burn to finally put Quigley down. It was going along nicely, then suddenly became so rushed. It was almost as if they heard the series was going to be cancelled and had to wrap up! Charlotte, and all of them actually, seemed to completely forget that Quigley is smart and manipulating and it would take careful conniving to put one over on her.

Come to think of it, yeah, it has been pretty fast. Though maybe the rush is to reset the status quo so that we don't have to lose anyone at all, this season or in the possible next season. As devious as she is, Quigley being gone anytime soon wouldn't work well for the show. She is an excellent antagonist and the show kind of needs her. Though the thought kind of makes me fear cancellation, especially since I've heard at least one of the main cast has an upcoming television acting gig elsewhere.

• Love 1
(edited)

Once again, Charles proves that he's utterly worthless. His girls are being attacked and his reaction is to do nothing? I did laugh a little at Nancy using her professional skills to find out who sent the two guys to Emily's house.

Lucy, YOU IN DANGER, GIRL. When pillow talk turns to how murderers are noble and superior, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. But no, stay there, let him talk you into doing drugs, and then confess you've killed one of his friends. Great job, Lucy!

As disgusting as it is, I like that the show is depicting how women were treated - unable to even have access to their own money. Isabella is forced to beg her brother for the money that their father left her because she is a woman and therefore needs a guardian to oversee her spending. Never mind the fact that he spends more than she asked for on gambling in one hand of cards. Obviously she's too irresponsible to spend her own money and he's the fiscally responsible one.

So how long before Hunt catches Violet and Amelia making out?

20 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

And this, Lucy, is why you don't start getting a crush on the evil bad boy frat brother just because he gave you the best sex of your teenaged life. Before you know it he has you playing with knives, doing drugs, and confessing all your secrets which he'll probably tell all over campus. All their parts were like an 18th Century cautionary Lifetime movie -- something along the lines of "Mother, May I Sleep with (Lord) Murder?"

A+ for this perfect summary! I shall now picture Tori Spelling in an old tyme-y gown and a giant powdered wig while running away from her crazy boyfriend through the urine drenched mud of London.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

I don’t think that this plan, such as it was, was the Capital P Plan. I think Charlotte wanted to save the new girl and let that rush her into something reckless. She seemed good with playing the long game until her morals forced her to make a move, albeit a stupid one. 

Also stupid is how careless everyone is when discussing their super secret plans. Rasselas, Cherry, even Quigley, seem to be able to overhear important, incriminating conversations with very little effort, and it’s frustrating and silly. Can no one shut a damn door and whisper around here? 

I like Hunt too, and see him as a good match for Amelia, not least because if she marries him she’ll be living with her girlfriend. Convenient! 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Once again, Charles proves that he's utterly worthless. His girls are being attacked and his reaction is to do nothing? I did laugh a little at Nancy using her professional skills to find out who sent the two guys to Emily's house.

Lucy, YOU IN DANGER, GIRL. When pillow talk turns to how murderers are noble and superior, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. But no, stay there, let him talk you into doing drugs, and then confess you've killed one of his friends. Great job, Lucy!

As disgusting as it is, I like that the show is depicting how women were treated - unable to even have access to their own money. Isabella is forced to beg her brother for the money that their father left her because she is a woman and therefore needs a guardian to oversee her spending. Never mind the fact that he spends more than she asked for on gambling in one hand of cards. Obviously she's too irresponsible to spend her own money and he's the fiscally responsible one.

So how long before Hunt catches Violet and Amelia making out?

A+ for this perfect summary! I shall now picture Tori Spelling in an old tyme-y gown and a giant powdered wig while running away from her crazy boyfriend through the urine drenched mud of London.

I must be missing something. Why does Emily want him around? Even inventing a pregnancy ploy to keep him? I thought she would have been happy to be shod of him. He's not good looking, has no brains, has no money since mama has disowned him and is a cowardly custard.  Is it that she's hoping he'll still get his legacy from Quigley? I really can't see any other reason.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I don’t think that this plan, such as it was, was the Capital P Plan. I think Charlotte wanted to save the new girl and let that rush her into something reckless. She seemed good with playing the long game until her morals forced her to make a move, albeit a stupid one. 

Also stupid is how careless everyone is when discussing their super secret plans. Rasselas, Cherry, even Quigley, seem to be able to overhear important, incriminating conversations with very little effort, and it’s frustrating and silly. Can no one shut a damn door and whisper around here? 

I like Hunt too, and see him as a good match for Amelia, not least because if she marries him she’ll be living with her girlfriend. Convenient! 

lol I've shouted the same at the TV set week after week. They might as well stand in the street with a bullhorn announcing it for everyone to hear.

• Love 4

Oh, that was not the best plan. So many ways for that to go badly, and it totally did. Although, to be fair to the five headed dog and company, Quigley is rich and well connected, and thats pretty much all you need to get away with literal murder around these parts. Also, stop talking about your plans right in the middle of places! Especially when your like "how in the world could she know about our plan?!" while talking about their plan in crowded rooms! 

I really cant tell if Lucy is playing Lord FancyHair, just doing her job, or is actually falling for his psycho charms. Maybe all three? Its hard to tell with Lucy, she alternately plays close to the chest, or lets everything out in violent stabbing sessions. She clearly has a rage in her, and she isnt great at hiding it, so it makes sense that she would just use that as part of her sexy. Also, maybe dont get high and tell your creepy keeper about how you stabbed one of his friends to death?

Charlotte is a smart woman, but she tends to play the short game, especially when it comes to schemes. 

Hunt is actually growing on me, and I am way more interested in the triangle between him, Amelia, and Violet. I can get why Amelia would want to marry Hunt, he makes money, has a respectable position, and is a basically a decent guy. For that time and place, she could do a lot worse. But, she loves Violet, who also lives with him, so...awkward. I think Amelia and Hunt could be alright together, but, again, Amelia is probably a lesbian, or bisexual, and is definitely into someone else. Hunt might have a massive stick up his ass, but he does seem to want to do the right thing, and is going to more trouble to try and get justice for poor Kitty than most people would. 

Quigley is a fun villain, but watching her lying to that poor girl and drugging her to be raped was just horrifying to watch. I hope she gets taken down hard. 

They remember the weird friendship between Amelia and Rasselas! Nice!

• Love 3

Charlotte and group need to do to some deeper thinking and planning if they really want to take down Lydia.  I'm not really sure how the plan was suppose to work other than the guy get the poor drugged girl out before anything could happen to her - which doesn't really help them get Lydia.  I guess they thought the black fighter was good choice since he's a good fighter but really he stood out too much in the bidding group. 

So does Lydia know Charlotte was plotting to take her down or just plotting to save the poor girl?  In that last scene with Charlotte and Lydia when Lydia locked her in that bedroom, Charlotte looked so vulnerable.  I think in this series she's much more forlorn and vulnerable than in series 1 where she seemed to be in command.

Lucy is now bothering me.  I don't really like the scenes with her and Lord Fallon.

Has is ever been covered how/why Mrs. Scanlon?(Ameila's mother) became blind?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

charlie felt something when Emily put his hand on her stomach, so maybe she really is pregnant.

If he felt something, it was imagined.  I really don't think Emily is pregnant--it was far too convenient for that to just pop up now, especially when the show has done nothing to hint at it prior to this.  Plus, Emily knows how to manipulate Charles and throwing a lie out there like that is definitely within character.  It's the one thing she has that that will form a tie with Charles that Lydia can't break.

BUT...if she was pregnant, she clearly not far enough along for anyone to feel anything on the outside (she wouldn't even be far enough along for "butterflies").  And, even if she was far enough along, it would be next to impossible for Charles to feel anything through the layers of clothing she is wearing.

I also had a hard time watching Lydia groom the young woman--even though we knew what was going to happen and we have seen it before.  I think it was Charlotte's discomfort that made it more distressing to the audience.  I did think that the man they had as the imposter (sorry, can't remember his name) did a convincing job until the necklace came out.  Also, sans wig, he is quite the eye candy.  

I am starting to feel that Lucy isn't even part of this show.  The Lucy/Fallon dynamic is interesting, but it no longer seems especially connected to anything else going on.  I'm hoping that they can reconnect it to the rest of the story, but right now I'm kind of resenting their scenes because I feel it is outside of the narrative.

• Love 3

I like Justice Hunt and have been rooting for him to be the rare voice of male morality ... but I have a feeling that what’s going to happen is that after the wedding, he will discover Amelia and Violet together, and turn evil.

(This show isn’t as soul-draining as THT, but it does have to keep everyone right on the brink of disaster.)

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Pachengala said:

This was my take too.  I didn't get any sense that any of them thought what they were doing was the ideal master plan but something they were trying to do on the fly once they realized another virgin was being set up to be sold and raped RIGHT NOW and Charlotte was being dragged in deep enough to be complicit.  Although that does beg the question what was the longterm plan?  It's great that they're all on the same side even if they really need to stop talking about it so audibly often in public places, but did they have even a general idea of how they intended to go about this before Quigley forced their hand?  Also, our little group has three bawds between them.  They really don't know any other less distinctive men they could have used as their ringer once they decided to proceed?

It was interesting watching Charlotte who likes to believe she's too jaded to be shocked or surprised by much growing increasingly uncomfortable with the setup as she was being made more and more of an accessory.   Most of Quigley's extracurriculars in this area have either been girls we either didn't get to know anything about or the scenes cut off well before we had to watch any of it play out.  Quigley's early line to Charlotte that Margaret never had the stomach for it was pretty telling.

Amelia and Isabella felt like opposite sides of the same coin this week in how their choices were being made for them by other people and defined by their access to money.  As always, I'm left wondering just how much the Marquess really does know about Isabella's situation.  They're not 20-year-olds and I think we're supposed to assume he's been her financial guardian for at least most of their adult lives.  We know she doesn't have a husband or he'd be in control of her finances like George Howard was with Carolyn last season.   Without control of her money, what kind of trouble does he think she's been able to get in?  I will say I wish the show gave Liv Tyler more to do than sit around in various towering hair pieces and speak in the same breathy voice she used in Lord of the Rings, but maybe that's the limit of her abilities.  I haven't seen enough of her other work to know.  By every standard of the day and especially given her situation as a penniless street preacher, Hunt is an extremely eligible match for Amelia and it's hard under those circumstances to be too upset at Florence trying to force the issue.  The only reason they're not on the street is that they're living on the charity of a whorehouse while preaching against said whorehouses, and if the rumor is out there about Amelia and Violet it probably is the best thing from her standpoint to nail down a respectable marriage before that rumor becomes too public and scares Hunt off.  That of course doesn't make it any more palatable to Amelia, but she's not really in a position to make a different choice either.

Charles really is the worst.  I don't really know why Emily wants him either at this point unless she's holding onto hope that if she can outlast Lydia Quigley she'll get a piece of Golden Square through him.  Every episode I think this is going to be the one that Samantha Morton's cleavage breaks free of its corset and takes on a life of its own

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Every episode I think this is going to be the one that Samantha Morton's cleavage breaks free of its corset and takes on a life of its own

So true!  It really did seem to be on the verge of overflowing in this episode!

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Doesn't the house Emily & Charles live in belong to Quigley?  Would Emily have anything if Charles left her?

Quigley did give Emily the deed, but I doubt that’d count for much if/when Quigs decides to quit playing.

"I'll go home... to my Will." was an incredible bit of sass. I'm glad they've reconciled. I've missed them as a couple. It was a quiet thing but that fits their relationship. She wasn't wrong about Harriet but I can see why he was offended that she didn't trust him after everything they've been through.

Obviously the stallion thing was hilarious. It does make me wonder if Lydia's going to accidentally give the Lord Chief Justice a heart attack and lose her protector at some point.

I'm starting to like the Amelia/Violet/Justice Hurt love triangle. It's awkward af.

Glad Nancy was conveniently around to do that interrogation. But also eff Harriet for trying to get Will to come. Go find your own man.

Fallon was almost managing to not be creepy until he speech about how awesome killers are. There are red flags and there are billboards flashing warning signs. 

You can be a virgin without being nice. But every girl Lydia kidnaps is like the most adorably innocent bunny rabbit.

Why doesn't Harriet just take up with Webster rather than chasing after Will? He's handsome, strong, and oh yeah, really in her... unlike Will.

Liv Tyler looks so good in the gowns. Loved the magenta with the pale pink bodice.

I liked the writing of Florence in this episode. For all her high-minded talk, she was willing to stretch the bounds of modesty and send Amelia to Hunt with her hair uncovered. And they didn't have her talk about morality but about how Hunt could protect them. 

GAH! I hate him. Isabella's brother is awful. Throwing coins on the floor for her to pick up. Even the culls aren't that rude. 

When Emily said she was pregnant, I couldn't help thinking of Roxie in Chicago.

I worry about how deep Lucy is getting with Fallon. Knives, drugs... If this were a Lifetime movie, this is the point when she starts the downfall she can't come back from.

NO!!! God, I wish this was a show where the cavalry could run in guns blazing.

• Love 1

This is 100% accurate.

Instead she went for a fast, half cocked plan where multiple things were out of their control. 

I agree but I get why things happened the way they did. The problem with being undercover among criminals is that you start to get involved with the crimes. Charlotte couldn't risk getting so deep that Quigley was having her commit the crimes or being an accomplice. And she also wanted to save the girl. It's one thing to be undercover to do intel and another when someone wants you to murder a henchman. 

If they get married I foresee a lot of sexytimes between A&V while he's at work. Also tons of angst where Violet is jealous and Amelia is tormented and ashamed about the deception.

Hunt might have a massive stick up his ass, but he does seem to want to do the right thing, and is going to more trouble to try and get justice for poor Kitty than most people would. 

I can also foresee Amelia being his moral compass... until he finds out about Violet and has to decide whether to do the honorable thing or go back to being a punitive hard ass because his feelings are hurt. That's writing 101. 

Also, our little group has three bawds between them.  They really don't know any other less distinctive men they could have used as their ringer once they decided toproceed?

I think it would have been difficult to come up with a guy who was trustworthy and not widely known. You can't use Armitage or Hunt obviously. In their line of work, they know everyone in law enforcement so there's no possibility of sending someone undercover. And Mr. Holland is some kind of crime reporter/scandalmonger. Mrs. Wells doesn't seem to have any trustworthy regulars. I guess maybe Nancy could get one of her guys to do it even with the dominatrix thing, how could you trust them once they were alone in the house (without the two guys they sent with Webster)?

• Love 1