Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Duck, Duck, Goosed

• Start Topic

When, Hagood, invites her friends from Savannah back to her Southern roots for some good ole' duck hunting, Hannah tries to find out the truth about Catherine's "other guy." Meanwhile, Lyle decides to move away from Catherine and their tumultuous relationship. But a silly prank between Louis and Lyle turns sour when an innocent tussle becomes a little too close for comfort. 

Duck hunting and pranks - sounds like a recipe for disaster.   Given that this is SC: Savannah, it may be a recipe for boredom.  

• Love 1
(edited)

For god sakes, Lyle, grow some balls!!

Hagood's family home and property is to die for. What a beautiful childhood she must have had. She sure grew up with the best of everything and yet doesn't behave like a spoiled bitch even though her parents still finance her lifestyle. (looking at you, Catherine)

I realized tonight that Hannah is beautiful. She can do better than sock boy Luis. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11

Hannah and Hagood are both sweetly pretty, very girls next door-esque—-they’re nowhere near as beautiful as the Charleston or New Orleans gals, but they’re attractive. Catherine is just whatever. It’s the dudes who really are NOT attractive...I mean when friggin Daniel is pushed as the “hot one”, I think that says it all.

Sorry folks, I can’t riff on this show as cruely as I used to((offensive language and all!))...this show still sucks though. I had a moment where I was thinking I needed to start a drinking game based on how often I heard “so good” throughout that painfully awkward dinner. I won’t even share what I immediately thought when Hagoof put that blood on her face.

Hagood’s family farm is lovely. Anddddd that’s all I’ve got.

• Love 3

I think the whole cast needs to sit down and watch some reality tv to see how it should be done.  They are all so bland and then Catherine goes and breaks the very basic rule of wearing the same sweater in two different scenes, ostensibly on two different days (first in meeting up with Hannah at H's apartment for the post-slumber party discussion and second when she was getting in the car to go to the therapist).  Catherine also seems to be a danger on the highway with the "look ma, no hands" technique of driving.  And why does Lyle look like he's wearing pancake makeup in most of his scenes?  It's Louis with the scabbed face, so what gives with that makeup?

On another note, Hagood's mother looks so, so much like a teacher I had in high school that she is giving me flashbacks.   And speaking of Hagood, when she was first introduced, she was described as dating one of Lyle's friends.  So, is she still dating him?  Is he trying to be the "Jason" of this franchise, and that's why we don't see him?  I wish they'd address this...unless that's just a made up line to link her into the group, which would not surprise me.

• Love 5
(edited)

Since I regularly moan about the stupidity of realty TV stars, I need to give credit when it's due. I like Hagood (makes me think Hagar the Horrible, an old comic strip). She's living the true southern-charmed life, with her healthy good looks, beautiful property and family ties, seeming ambition to make something of herself, and calm manners. I love that she intends to help run the family's business. I don't know anything about sake, but it seems like a potentially smart tie-in with the rice business.

I had the good fortune to work in rural coastal SC, and it's stunningly beautiful.

Her mom however is quite the martinet and seemed very nervous about being on TV. Hagood does that respectful "yes ma'am" thing even as her mother drives her crazy. ("Hagood! I had to lift heavy boxes out of the car!!") Hagood reminds me a bit of Chelsea on original recipe Southern Charm.

The others? Nincompoops. They act like children and I can't be bothered with their trifles.

I think the aimless Catherine is headed for a blowsy drunken adulthood.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7

I am not sure if y'all have read this but Catherine's uncle is Chris Cooper who has won an academy award and her father looks just like him!!  Poor Lyle is just in love with the girl. 

I live in the south so Hagood just sounds normal.  So many folks have their parents surname as first names down here.  She is sweet with her mother, still is very polite even though she guilt trips her and tries to run her life.  Her mother did make me laugh when she was seemingly mocking her saying 'Sak-ay' 

Count me in on thinking Hannah is really pretty....she does look like Kate Middleton as someone has pointed out.  Louis is just not cute at all to me and I really do not need to see Daniel's bare butt on my screen....he is not attractive to me at all.  I guess they think he is the show's Craig?  

I don't mind not having a ton of drama......I really like watching the beautiful homes on this show.  Brandon's house is so gorgeous.....I think he is living the most charmed life of them all.      

• Love 9

I’m in the minority, but I like Katherine if for no other reason than the fact that she turned down the proposal.  I just can’t with Lyle.

Hannah is probably my least favorite on the show.   She just seems like she’s always disappointed in someone. 

I really like Haygood.  Her mom can be a little overbearing, but I love that she’s encouraging her daughter to pursue her art.  A lot of parents would be the exact opposite, but Haywood seems to have some genuine talent.

• Love 2

Does Brandon occupy the entire house? It seems as if everyone always heads upstairs.

I am not sure if y'all have read this but Catherine's uncle is Chris Cooper who has won an academy award and her father looks just like him!!

Thank you! It was driving me nuts trying to figure out if I'd seen Catherine's father before. I adore Chris Cooper!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnieHeights said:

I am not sure if y'all have read this but Catherine's uncle is Chris Cooper who has won an academy award and her father looks just like him!! 

Yes! One of my favorite actors! 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

second when she was getting in the car to go to the therapist)

Also, where the hell was that therapist located she started at her apartment in Savannah and got on the freeway and by the end of that scene she was in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by biakbiak

Damn, Lyle still needs to grow some balls. However, I agree with the above poster who said poor guy, he’s just hopelessly in love with Catherine.

Catherine sucks, stringing him along for years. She is waiting to see if someone she really wants will marry her. If not, at age 36 she’ll throw in the towel and marry good old, reliable Lyle and then just cheat on him.  She has a very entitled air to her. 

I agree I don’t need to see Daniel’s bare ass-he does nothing for me. They go on about how hot he is and how all of the ladies love him. Where are his hookups then? 

Hagood has such a serene personality. Wish I was that calm when annoyed, lol. I agree-where is the guy she is dating that is a friend of Lyle’s? Her parent’s property is gorgeous but I thought, it would seem lonely growing up there as an only child. With siblings, a blast to be out exploring, but alone all the time out in the middle of nowhere? No thanks. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Catherine sucks, stringing him along for years. She is waiting to see if someone she really wants will marry her. If not, at age 36 she’ll throw in the towel and marry good old, reliable Lyle and then just cheat on him.  She has a very entitled air to her. 

And that’s exactly why I just don’t care for Catherine—-she truly reeks of gross entitlement. And over what? Just because she’s an upper middle class spoiled, lazy Southern chick?? I’d admittedly buy into it a bit if she were prettier or more talented or accomplished or more charming, but she’s none of that. She’s just there...and usually drunk and bored.

And that’s her problem: I think she’s just plain bored. Everything has come way too easily to her and she’s obviously never been truly challenged in her life—-even a potential husband came to her way too easily. This has contributed to her obvious lazy streak.

One thing I’ll give Hagood so far: she’s pretty and polite, and she was raised well enough to understand and pursue her true talents and ambitions. Yet she’s no Catherine, despite the fact that she’s got far more going for her in every single way than Catherine. 

• Love 6

No one is compelling here. 

Hagood is by far the best. She exudes southern charm and oh my word where she grew up!  

Ive had more interest in (will she or won’t she) sitting at a random bar overhearing an argument. Why would we care about Catherine or Lyle?  Boring!

Socks and Kate Middleton are equally boring. How many “you need to do better” convos must u suffice. He says he will never know another Hannah.  Yes!  That’s true!  There are plenty of women who won’t mother you.  Meeti them!  

And let her find a highly successful man who has it in spades.

• Love 7
On 7/31/2018 at 2:46 PM, biakbiak said:

Also, where the hell was that therapist located she started at her apartment in Savannah and got on the freeway and by the end of that scene she was in the middle of nowhere.

She crossed the Talmadge Bridge so she was in South Carolina.  Once on the SC side of the river, you've got to drive a minimum of 10 miles through "the middle of nowhere" as you so aptly put it, to get to anyplace where you might be able to see a counselor.  People from the South Carolina side often drive into Savannah for health care; not the other way around!  I was really disappointed that they never showed her arriving at her destination.  Next time we saw Catherine she was getting ready for the trip up to Hagood's family home.  Why would they just drop the story line?  Perhaps we'll see clips of her therapy session(s?) as flashbacks in a future episode?  Not that I truly care.  Both she and Lyle come across as complete and total idiots to me.

• Love 4

I'm surprised this show is still on the air it is so bad.   And Jesus, Lyle is so gross to me.  So is Catherine.  I'd almost rather have that tacky AF baggage handler/designer be back on the show.

• Love 5
On 7/31/2018 at 9:59 PM, Sage47 said:

I agree I don’t need to see Daniel’s bare ass-he does nothing for me

I think Daniel has great hair; however, it looks stoooopid!   Someone get him to a stylist and don't let him on my TV screen until he looks good.

• Love 3
On 8/14/2018 at 3:33 AM, Former Nun said:

I think Daniel has great hair; however, it looks stoooopid!   Someone get him to a stylist and don't let him on my TV screen until he looks good.

He’s so not the hottie this show desperately tries to portray him as. His hair is just longish and limp like a mop; if he insists on the hippie hair, then he needs to go a bit shorter and get it properly styled with actual layers and body. Jesus locks and man-buns aren’t for everyone, as he proves.

• Love 3