Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E09: BB App Store #3; Nominations #3

• Start Topic

Is it safe to assume that all three Power Applications can be used in the same week, one right after the other? 

If so, how would that work?

They're all used at different times so I see no reason why they couldn't be used in the same week. Bayleigh has to use her power at some point before nominations are announced; Tyler apparently must use his at the nomination ceremony; Sam's doesn't come into play until after the eviction ceremony. 

I'm just not sure how exactly Bayleigh uses her "Identity Theft" app - does she go straight up to the HoH and tell him she has the power to make the nominations and that he/she has to take blame/credit for them? Or does she go into the Diary Room and they take over, so the HoH never knows who took their place?

Also not sure what happens if one of those nominations happened to be Tyler and he used his cloud to avoid it. I'm assuming the real HoH would have to come up with a replacement on the spot rather than Bayleigh. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Is it safe to assume that all three Power Applications can be used in the same week, one right after the other? 

If so, how would that work?

I hope how this plays out goes so horribly wrong just so TPTB look bad and have to scramble just to try and set things right.  It would be even better if it all happened on a double eviction night when there is a time crunch, and having all three Power Applications used right then.

Only next week.  Too late for this week because Bay's has to be used before the nominations and Sam's expires after next week.  This is the last week Sam has power over her power app too.  If she doesn't use it this week then next week it would go automatically to whoever gets evicted.  Period.  (Julie would probably tell the evictee with Sam having nothing to do with it at that point).

If this happens next week -- the only week i the entire game all three powers are active -- it would be very weird but possible.  Here is a scenario numbers wise.

1. Only if HOH is won by someone on Tyler's side. 

2. Bay steals the noms and puts up people from Tyler's side. 

3. Tyler gets wind that if Bay's side wins veto they changed their mind and want Tyler up instead.  He uses his power to block that at the veto ceremony. 

4. The fourth evictee would automatically get Sam's old power which is now out of her control and would go to one of the other nominees from Tyler's side.

Only other scenario is that Bay leaks her power to enough people and Tyler gets wind that she intends to steal the noms and put him up so he uses his power pre-noms instead of at the veto.  Sam's former power would still go to the fourth evictee anyway even if the other side wins veto and puts Tyler back up. 

In other words, if Sam does NOT use her power THIS week and Bay DOES use her power NEXT week then Sam's former power could block Bay's power and she will waste it.  Tyler would half waste his if he uses it.  He could instead gamble that Sam's former power will save him as in he is willing to play the challenge to get back in the house immediately upon eviction if the votes go against him.

There will be a pop quiz on this at any time.  Study hard, heh.

If Bay's side wins HOH it is all moot because Bay won't steal their noms next week.

Long way of saying I doubt all three will happen the same week though the two happening at once later is a decent possibility.  But it would be so awesome if all three were played at once.  That would be one wild and entertaining ride.

• Love 1

Seeing as we may be faced with a "true love torn apart" scenario this week, perhaps the DR can sub out Haleigh's Hamlet punishment with one based on Bro-meo and Juliet? "Oh, Winston, Winston, wherefore art thou, Winston?"

• Love 6

I am really happy one of the Bros might go home. They are so annoying and really Level 6 needed to sweat and lose some people too. 

I am glad Bayleigh won the power app. I know everyone on social media was voting for her. So, her winning is not different then Sam or Tyler winning but I guess everyone has opinion on things. Anyways, I am happy she will be safe for 1-2 more weeks. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I am really happy one of the Bros might go home. They are so annoying and really Level 6 needed to sweat and lose some people too. 

I am glad Bayleigh won the power app. I know everyone on social media was voting for her. So, her winning is not different then Sam or Tyler winning but I guess everyone has opinion on things. Anyways, I am happy she will be safe for 1-2 more weeks. 

Everybosy on social media?  I doubt that seriously.  Not unless there is some Head of Social Media that tells everyone who to vote for and they all obey.  Also not everyone is into "social media."  I'm fine with Bay winning but really it isn't an everyone in lockstep sort to of thing. 

And honestly people should be careful about this type of voting thing.  People go out to the voting sites and sign away even more of their privacy and data to be sold off by those sites as well as CBS.  Is that risk worth it to vote about some silly stuff on some trashy reality show?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, green said:

Everybosy on social media?  I doubt that seriously.  Not unless there is some Head of Social Media that tells everyone who to vote for and they all obey.  Also not everyone is into "social media."  I'm fine with Bay winning but really it isn't an everyone in lockstep sort to of thing. 

And honestly people should be careful about this type of voting thing.  People go out to the voting sites and sign away even more of their privacy and data to be sold off by those sites as well as CBS.  Is that risk worth it to vote about some silly stuff on some trashy reality show?

Everyone is probably an exaggeration but pretty much all the big accounts who follow BB, people who like Bayleigh and some of former BB HG were all telling their followers to vote for Bayleigh. I am not saying everyone voted her but majority were pretty motivated to vote and keep her safe for the time being. 

Just because a lot of people here in this Forum don't talk about Bayleigh does not mean she doesn't have fans. Just saying questioning her's but not Tyler's or Sam's seemed weird to me. That is all.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

Everyone is probably an exaggeration but pretty much all the big accounts who follow BB, people who like Bayleigh and some of former BB HG were all telling their followers to vote for Bayleigh. I am not saying everyone voted her but majority were pretty motivated to vote and keep her safe for the time being. 

Just because a lot of people here in this Forum don't talk about Bayleigh does not mean she doesn't have fans. Just saying questioning her's but not Tyler's or Sam's seemed weird to me. That is all.

I didn't question her vote any more than I do the other two.  I don't trust any of the votes at all.  Production decides in the end with input from voters no doubt.  All three of these people add something to their show so I could see them select each of them on their own.  I can also see how they got voted by fans because:

(1) Sam was a robot and it was funny and caught people's attention and because she couldn't socialize like the rest.  No tbecause she was a good playere.

(2) Tyler because he was a good player and saved Sam the first week and had to babysit a mad woman the second week.

(3) Bayleigh because she was Juliet to Swaggy's Romeo a la the Cody and Whatshername couple from last season.  Sympathy for that and for how she screwed her game up until now by getting in a silly shomance.  Now she is a real player in the game finally and I'm looking forward to seeing the real Bayleigh in action.

I was just questioning why you thought everyone would vote for her like 100%.  And if former BB contestants were promoting her I would assume people would rebel about being told who to vote for by these people because who wants to be told by anyone what to do let alone by shallow mactor types.   But then I never was a "follower" of anyone online and I don't get why on earth anyone would be.  I'm just a born rebel that questions everything.  So that's on me I guess.

Honestly i was trying to attack you or anything.  I just don't get online herd mentality it this sounded like that to me.

Edited by green
22 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I don't really keep up with what people do on social media. But it seemed weird, to me, that she got it - because I couldn't think of anything she did that would be considered "trending". Neither good nor bad. I don't remember seeing much out of her at all the last few episodes; she's just been cuddling with Swaggy. Sam and Tyler made more sense because they seemed to have more going on. Sam had the robot thing, which did alienate her in the house, but made her more compelling to viewers. And Tyler has been instrumental in much that has happened in the house since day one. Bayleigh is...just...there. 

I could even understand Kaitlyn getting it over Bayleigh. Kaitlyn is insufferable, but her antics might make her "trend" in a negative way. 

• Love 1

I didn't think she got 100% or even 70%  of the vote. Like I said it was an exaggeration. She just got more votes than the rest and who knows how small of a margin that was. And, there is a lot of people who follow big accounts that do what the person they are following tells them. It is why social media is such a huge presence in most our daily lives now. 

Bayleigh might not have done anything in the eyes of some fans here but my understanding the treatment Swaggy and by association Bay got during the last 2 weeks motivated people on twitter and Tumblr in to keeping her safe. Honestly, a lot of people were feeling sympathetic toward Swaggy which surprised me but I understood. Kaitlyn made him look good. She was making a lot claims about Swaggy which angered people and the edit sympathetic BB gave her did not help. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

That said, over the past few years, isn't [Haleigh] the third BB contestant that was going to college at Texas A&M?

Working backwards…

Matt Clines (BB19) only had the one shirt, which was a University of Texas shirt, but at 33 he was too old to be a student, obviously.  Unless they have graduate classes in eating cereal.

Morgan Willett (BBOTT) was a recent graduate of UT.  (She's only 22, so fairly new.)

No BB18 connections that I can think of.

Clayton "Thunderbuns" Honeycutt (BB17) went to A&M and played varsity football there.

No BB16, to my knowledge.

And our "beloved" Little Monster, Aaryn "Aryan" Gries of BB15 infamy, was a student at Texas State, not A&M.  (Her Jury House showmance, Jessie Kowalski, was a UT grad, 25 at the time to Aaryn's 21.)

Apologies if I've missed anyone. It's a big state down there.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I didn't think she got 100% or even 70%  of the vote. Like I said it was an exaggeration. She just got more votes than the rest and who knows how small of a margin that was. And, there is a lot of people who follow big accounts that do what the person they are following tells them. It is why social media is such a huge presence in most our daily lives now. 

Bayleigh might not have done anything in the eyes of some fans here but my understanding the treatment Swaggy and by association Bay got during the last 2 weeks motivated people on twitter and Tumblr in to keeping her safe. Honestly, a lot of people were feeling sympathetic toward Swaggy which surprised me but I understood. Kaitlyn made him look good. She was making a lot claims about Swaggy which angered people and the edit sympathetic BB gave her did not help. 

I find it so depressing that this is the way democracy will end.  But thanks for filling me in.  I absolutely refuse to use either Twitter or Facebook or any other platform like that (Tumblr or Instagram etc etc) even if they stuck a gun to my head.

I don't understand the second part at all.  First Swaggy wanted to be king of everything though Julie played his audition tape where he had actually thought out a good approach.  But he didn't follow his own advice but did the exact opposite. 

Then he just crawled under the covers and shomanced his game away.   Either approach was bad for his game.  Just ask Cody who took the same path last season.  Neither were treated badly and Cody treated his own alliance bad right off so he was worse than Swaggy.  But in the end they both got themselves out. 

But in both cases both Bayleigh and Whatshername benefited once the male member of the showmance left.  But Whatshername didn't take advantage of it and blew it with Cody's return yet again.  Hopefully Swaggy doesn't come back so Bayleigh won't blow it anymore and start playing a game called BB.

Edited by green
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, green said:

Only next week.  Too late for this week because Bay's has to be used before the nominations and Sam's expires after next week.  This is the last week Sam has power over her power app too.  If she doesn't use it this week then next week it would go automatically to whoever gets evicted.  Period.  (Julie would probably tell the evictee with Sam having nothing to do with it at that point).

If this happens next week -- the only week i the entire game all three powers are active -- it would be very weird but possible.  Here is a scenario numbers wise.

1. Only if HOH is won by someone on Tyler's side. 

2. Bay steals the noms and puts up people from Tyler's side. 

3. Tyler gets wind that if Bay's side wins veto they changed their mind and want Tyler up instead.  He uses his power to block that at the veto ceremony. 

4. The fourth evictee would automatically get Sam's old power which is now out of her control and would go to one of the other nominees from Tyler's side.

Only other scenario is that Bay leaks her power to enough people and Tyler gets wind that she intends to steal the noms and put him up so he uses his power pre-noms instead of at the veto.  Sam's former power would still go to the fourth evictee anyway even if the other side wins veto and puts Tyler back up. 

In other words, if Sam does NOT use her power THIS week and Bay DOES use her power NEXT week then Sam's former power could block Bay's power and she will waste it.  Tyler would half waste his if he uses it.  He could instead gamble that Sam's former power will save him as in he is willing to play the challenge to get back in the house immediately upon eviction if the votes go against him.

There will be a pop quiz on this at any time.  Study hard, heh.

If Bay's side wins HOH it is all moot because Bay won't steal their noms next week.

Long way of saying I doubt all three will happen the same week though the two happening at once later is a decent possibility.  But it would be so awesome if all three were played at once.  That would be one wild and entertaining ride.

My head aches.  Too much to take in!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I have been a Texas A&M football fan  far longer than I care to remember.  I think that university ought to be far more embarrassed about their football team's performance than Hayleigh.    That said, over the past few years, isn't she the third BB contestant that was going to college at Texas A&M?

Heh.  If A&M is anything like Auburn, you have a lot people who care about football and a lot who care about Hamlet, and the overlap is relatively small.

I'm still new to BB.  Is east Texas a common recruiting ground?

• Love 1
On 7/15/2018 at 10:17 PM, Wandering Snark said:

The internets say 10% of people are left handed while only 2% of people have green eyes. So if you ever meet a green eyed lefty you are beholding a righteous freak of nature, to the tune of .25% of the world.

My mom has green eyes and she’s left handed - plus!!!!! She was born on October 13th on a FRIDAY ? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

And our "beloved" Little Monster, Aaryn "Aryan" Gries of BB15 infamy, was a student at Texas State, not A&M.  (Her Jury House showmance, Jessie Kowalski, was a UT grad, 25 at the time to Aaryn's 21.) 

Hold. Up. I know this is OT, but I can't help myself. Aaryn and Jessie??! Mind: blown. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

Working backwards…

Matt Clines (BB19) only had the one shirt, which was a University of Texas shirt, but at 33 he was too old to be a student, obviously.  Unless they have graduate classes in eating cereal.

Morgan Willett (BBOTT) was a recent graduate of UT.  (She's only 22, so fairly new.)

No BB18 connections that I can think of.

Clayton "Thunderbuns" Honeycutt (BB17) went to A&M and played varsity football there.

No BB16, to my knowledge.

Apologies if I've missed anyone. It's a big state down there.

I vaguely remember Borey saying "Gig em" during voting on the live show.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Hold. Up. I know this is OT, but I can't help myself. Aaryn and Jessie??! Mind: blown. 

[OT] Short(ish) version:  Aaryn had had some f/f experience (she confessed this to Kaitlyn early on) and talked to Jessie in the house about having "lesbian freakout dreams" where she was kissing BB11's Lydia Tavera and was worried her parents would find out.  She also talked a lot about lesbians in general and once demonstrated proper "scissoring" technique with Amanda.

After Jessie's eviction, she developed a bad case of the Jury House hornies, but Judd (he said after re-entering) wasn't interested and Jessie was reduced to trying to masturbate under a blanket when they (and Candice) were watching a movie. Once Aaryn was evicted, apparently things took their course in the JH.

Post-show, Aaryn and Jessie got into a fight over Judd at the Las Vegas party.  (The Judd/Aaryn pairing was barely visible on the episodes but it was definitely clear from the feeds that he was into her.)  "Party Darty" chose Aaryn (really, Judd?) and BBCan1's Dr. Alec Beall got Jessie on the rebound in record time. (Also, Aaryn got into a big Twitter fight with Alec's housemate Liza Stinton claiming that Liza had tried to hook up with her.  Liza was pretty much "as if!")

About a month later (October), Aaryn tweeted excitedly about going to visit Jessie on Riverwalk in San Antonio.  This raised various eyebrows, and Aaryn followed with a tweet about how people don't know the full extent of HG relationships and they can change over time and enemies can become friends, hint-hint-hint.

However, this also works in reverse.  In November, Aaryn and Jessie got into a big Twitter fight and Aaryn outed the JH hook up, talking about how "you didn't mind me in jury" or something like that, complete with lots of kiss and scissor emojis.  She implied that it was mostly Jessie doing the servicing, but when Amanda confirmed the hookup on a podcast the next day, she said it had been more even.

And that was pretty much that.  Aaryn started her wedding planning business and married a guy.  No word on if she's managed to do her eyebrows properly. [/OT]

22 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I vaguely remember Borey saying "Gig em" during voting on the live show.

I honestly didn't even remember Corey's existence.  I was like "Paul, Paulie, Victor, Jozea…no Texans there."  Never has a man so deserved his obscurity.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I love the bros, too, and am hoping they both get to stay.

If one has to go, I prefer it be Winston, but I'd rather they both manage to stay. 

Usually, I am totally turned off by bro-dudes, but these two are laughing at themselves. They know they're being ridiculous, so it works for me.

Or, I've been misted...

I don't mind the Bros.  I don't love them, don't hate them.  But they are somewhat entertaining, and there are definitely others I would like to see leave before them.

4 hours ago, green said:

You're right - Of course not everyone on social media wanted Bay to win.   I doubt it was even a majority.  I'm very active on social media, as are many people I know, and in my experience most people do not vote according to what someone else tells them to do.  Kids maybe, who are following other kids they think are "cool", and yes some adults are easily swayed.  But other than that, no.   Social media is powerful in other ways for sure.  But "everybody on social media" has different opinions.   It depends where you look on social media, who you follow, what groups you belong to, etc.  If I follow different people than you do, I'll see different opinions and points of view than you will, often vastly different.  You're absolutely right - It isn't an everyone in lockstep sort of thing.  Bay won because of whatever criteria BB uses to determine that (even if it's just them deciding), not because everyone on social media wanted her to win.

eta:  Some of this is in reply to later posts.  I had trouble quoting.  :-(

Edited by DebbieM4
had trouble with quotes
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, Wandering Snark said:

The internets say 10% of people are left handed while only 2% of people have green eyes. So if you ever meet a green eyed lefty you are beholding a righteous freak of nature, to the tune of .25% of the world.

I have green eyes!  I had no idea we were a rare breed.  But thinking on it, I once hung out a lot with two green-eyed friends which seemed really odd at the time.  

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, springbarb said:

Do they get to keep the Hamlet script when Hayleigh isn't reading it? Because that would be awesome. (And consequently, they probably don't.)

Assigning parts, performing the play for fun, improving their minds, educating themselves . . .  yeah, no.  Probably can't keep the script.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

The geek was on fleek. I think whoever wrote that line should feel very ashamed and regret all their choices in life.

What is that stuff growing on Brett's face?

Is there something unrequited going on between Winston and Brett? I feel like one of them is a lot more serious about the bromance than the other, in a "heading for a heartbreak" kind of way.

Wait, what? They just showed an ad for Kevin Hart's ripoff of Wipeout and Tyler is going to be competing on it. Is BB20 already in the bag for Tyler? That seems guaranteed to help him over the other houseguests unless they're all going to be on that show.

Dumpass. Sounds like a horrible intestinal condition. Poor JC.

The biggest move ever? Yeah, stay delusional, Kaitlyn.

I guess America rewarded Bayleigh for being rid of that albatross of a showmance.

Isn't it possible that Tyler did TKO first and then was cast to BB?

• Love 4

Isn't it possible that Tyler did TKO first and then was cast to BB?

Yes but it still looks to me like CBS/BB is sort of officially favoring Tyler. Not that they haven't done it before in previous seasons but this seems next-level blatant to me. The ad made it look like Tyler was already a huge celebrity. I'm wavering on my BB support of him now.

• Love 1

I am glad Bayleigh won the power app. I know everyone on social media was voting for her. 

Has anyone here actually voted yet this season, and can explain how it works? From what I understand it's not simply a matter of going to the CBS website and "liking" certain players - it's a lot more involved than that. The in-show description said the "trending" players are determined by the way participants answer certain questions. So I've imagined they have different questions every week like "Which houseguest do you think is most likely to do so-and-so" and "Which houseguest do you think is most likely to be a so-and-so" etc.  

3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Has anyone here actually voted yet this season, and can explain how it works? From what I understand it's not simply a matter of going to the CBS website and "liking" certain players - it's a lot more involved than that. The in-show description said the "trending" players are determined by the way participants answer certain questions. So I've imagined they have different questions every week like "Which houseguest do you think is most likely to do so-and-so" and "Which houseguest do you think is most likely to be a so-and-so" etc.  

Well... voting is now over for the Apps, but it ran as follows:

• Voters were presented with a sequential set of (6?) questions, the answer to each was a HG.  Each question was presented individually on the web browser - you answered Q1, the screen then reloaded for Q2, etc.
  • Voters went through the screens making their selections, and at the end were presented with a Vote button to record their vote.  Clicking Vote meant your entire answer set was recorded as a single vote.
  • Voters could submit up to (I think) ten votes on a given polling.
5 minutes ago, Imhere said:

I think they go by Twitter for the trending. 

Nope, doesn’t have anything to do with real-life SM - just the answers to their poll questions.  TPTB simply hijacked the term “trending” for their purposes.

• Love 1

Thanks Nash . . . that's kind of what I figured. So, it sounds like the producers could definitely skew the questions to get the kind of answers they wanted. Like there's going to be a more obvious choice for specific questions they ask. "Who is most likely to sleep with Swaggy C?" Wow, you mean Bayleigh won? Surprise surprise!

• Love 1

Considering no “trend” numbers for the voting are shown during or after the vote, it’s not even a question of “skewing” the votes; Bae could’ve gotten a grand total of 3 votes from America, and we’ll never know it.  “Congratulations Bae!”  :P

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Thanks Nash . . . that's kind of what I figured. So, it sounds like the producers could definitely skew the questions to get the kind of answers they wanted. Like there's going to be a more obvious choice for specific questions they ask. "Who is most likely to sleep with Swaggy C?" Wow, you mean Bayleigh won? Surprise surprise!

The week that I voted (once they opened it up on the website - never could get the FB Messenger bot to work), they were pretty generic questions. "Who do you like the most?" "Who is the most annoying?" Stuff like that. But the kicker was, any response with the houseguest's name in it ADDED to their "trending" total. So the key was to answer the same person to all questions, essentially ignoring the content entirely.

All of that being "in theory," because Nashville is right - they could have made it all up completely. But I do absolutely buy that Bayleigh legitimately got the most votes for the third power; a Twitter search last week of "bb20" came up with one bajillion people that were voting for her, and very few that were voting for anyone else.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

The week that I voted (once they opened it up on the website - never could get the FB Messenger bot to work), they were pretty generic questions. "Who do you like the most?" "Who is the most annoying?" Stuff like that. But the kicker was, any response with the houseguest's name in it ADDED to their "trending" total. So the key was to answer the same person to all questions, essentially ignoring the content entirely.

Yeah, essentially their questions could have been phrased like this: "skdjhfkejrglihrgldjrglkerhlgkbjdrg?" and it shouldn't have affected the results at all, because the questions weren't the important part.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, essentially their questions could have been phrased like this: "skdjhfkejrglihrgldjrglkerhlgkbjdrg?" and it shouldn't have affected the results at all, because the questions weren't the important part.

The annoying thing is that I don't think they did a very good job of explaining that on the broadcasts. So casuals may have thought they were voting for Angela (for ex, sorry Angela!) to get the crap app, by answering with her name on the "bad" questions. As per usual, bang up job, TPTB!

• Love 2
On 7/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, Halting Hex said:

Particularly as a restaurant chain (T.G.I.Friday's, I believe) now uses it to refer to appetizers, offering "endless apps".  So…Friday's expects you to eat your phone, is that it?

Actually I started waiting tables in the late 70s and appetizers were always "apps".  CB = cheeseburger; O = onion etc.  When apps came out for phones I was all, "I would like the full app platter with extra zucchini instead of cauliflower...................

I can't believe I missed the episode.  I just zoned out and was jumping around the channels like nothing was on.  I can be such a ding dong.

Thanks for the updates @Nashville.

• Love 1