Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E08: Live Eviction #2; Head of Household #3

• Start Topic

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Scottie will do Tyler's bidding this week. 

I don't know...after refusing to be a goon for Saggy, I wonder if he's not as malleable as the houseguests think he is.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Scottie do the fake shocked face after Saggy was evicted, even though Scottie was one of the votes - if so, he's playing the game.  As refreshing as I find Tyler's quiet stealth gameplay, I also want to believe that Scottie (and Sam, for that matter) have a lot more gameplay in them then we're being led to believe.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Season after season of Julie having to repeatedly tell the HGs during this type of competition to reset their True/False spinning answer blocks, after just about every question.  Grating.  Production could easily install motors that spin the answer blocks to automatically reset everyone's answers.

Nooooo.  That would take away one of my favorite parts of the live episodes, watching Julie get increasingly irritated that she keeps having to repeat herself.

I’m still waiting to see what happens if one of the hamsters just DOES NOT RESET.  Does the set fall over?  Everyone gets electrocuted? Julie throws up her cards and walks off the set?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Scottie: I appreciate the flattery, but I’m nobody’s goon.  I vote to evict Chris.

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

That thought had occurred to me as well, but I dunno; the tension in Scottie’s voice when he said his “goon” line seemed a good bit more... personal, at least to me.  My take was during the pre-episode blackout, either:

• Chris stepped on the gas too much in hardball-pressuring Scottie to vote for Chris to stay, or;
  • In Chris’ campaigning attempts to the other HGs, Scottie overheard Chris say something personally disparaging about Scottie - something like, “oh, don’t worry about Scottie - I have that goon in my back pocket and can direct his vote any way I want.”

I admit, I did not understand Scottie's statement while voting.  He seemed really bitter about it.  I read the live feed thread, and nothing anyone posted there indicated anything I would think would lead to that sort of anger from Scottie.  I mean, I'm happy he said it, and voted for Chris while wearing a Swaggy C t-shirt, but it leaves a lot of questions.  It seems there are very important interactions and game play that are either being hidden from the feeds, or production isn't paying proper attention and is unaware of these happenings in the house so the feeds aren't showing it.  It is very sloppy work.  I hope production combs through their footage and airs something on Sunday to explain Scottie's bitter statement and vote.

Which...since Scottie is HOH, they might actually have to do!  Yay!  I think this will be a very interesting week.  Scottie has shown he's nobody's goon with that vote, he's not in any of the alliances, and he's a SuperFan.  It will be interesting to see what dynamic is used with him.  Tyler is playing a smooth game, but Scottie ain't dumb and he's going to know that when Tyler starts trying to bro up with him, something is up. 

Man, I love it when a strong floater is HOH.  <rubs hands with glee>  This is going to be good!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hjmugillecuty said:

On Rob Has A Podcast, they mentioned that in Swaggy's plea before the votes (on the episode) he said something about his goons wearing his shirts, and he specifically told Scottie how good he looked.

Meaning Swaggy literally called the people in shirts "goons"? I do remember him commenting on Scottie's attire during his speech and was annoyed that the camera didn't pan over. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, NickPappagiorgio said:

But he sort of learned to swim for this so now when’s he’s fleeing the deadly ghettos of Connecticut to babysit white kids in a pool he can be super fun! Right?

Bwahahhahaha!!

Edited by xKHANx
(edited)
2 hours ago, hjmugillecuty said:

On Rob Has A Podcast, they mentioned that in Swaggy's plea before the votes (on the episode) he said something about his goons wearing his shirts, and he specifically told Scottie how good he looked.

I missed any “goon” reference in Scraggy’s plea - but to be honest he was talking so fast, 3/4 of what he said shot right past me without landing at Comprehension Airport.  I think I do recall a “Scottie, looking good” or something similar in the midst of the vocal tumult.

But - is that ALL it would take to flip Scottie’s vote...?

Edited by Nashville
Typo
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

Well, she looks a lot better with her hair covering up that damn mole on her forehead.  That thing deserves its own zipcode.  Considering that Haleigh's done some modeling  work, you would think she could have had it removed.  Maybe they'll set her up with an appointment with Dr. Will after the finale.

Just...Awesome.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Sadly, tho, we'll probably see his shirts, what he didn't toss out to the audience like he was a rock star, he surely left with Baleigh so she won't forget his smell.

Unfortunately they reek of desperation and hubris as well.

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If there weren't any "keyboard warriors", social media wouldn't exist.

And you say that like it would be a BAD thing....

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She's said something like that several times now. Maybe to Fessy as well? About it being "for the higher good". I guess it's more of zen-shtick she keeps trying to peddle. Nobody's buying. 

This is boiler-plate New Age verbiage to justify something you know somebody isn't going to like -  to be said in your most holier-than-thou tone - " I know you don't like it but it is for the highest and best good for all."  Meaning:  I'm not responsible because it's God's divine plan.

ETA:  Yeah, that's pretty cynical. 

On the positive side  I use it in my own life as kind of a "not my will, but Thine" reminder  when things don't go MY way.  It's also related to "sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."

I don't mean to set myself up as the New Age-whisper, but K. is just putting out so much BS.  She is somewhat accurate but so self-serving with it all. She's kind of like the dark side of The Force. That's not the way it's meant to be.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

FYI - present and accounted for.  :>

s/b "present OR accounted for."  Sorry Nashville, but this was one of my late father's pet peeves and I can't help but respond.   I know you're better than this so I'll blame it on the hangover you must have after last night.

ETA: Dear ole Dad was a real stickler for linguistic accuracy.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Well, she looks a lot better with her hair covering up that damn mole on her forehead.  That thing deserves its own zipcode.  Considering that Haleigh's done some modeling  work, you would think she could have had it removed. 

When you're a model it's called a beauty mark, and looking "too perfect" can be a bad thing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, hjmugillecuty said:

Thank you!  I do not DVR the eps.  Would it be possible for somebody to transcribe Swaggy's exact wording re: his goons?

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Scottie will do Tyler's bidding this week. 

LOL - so Scottie is going to be Tyler's "goon" this week?

• Love 1

The relevant bit came after Swaggy told Julie not to stop him, thus:

Now I know my outfit is flawless and I know I got the goons wearing "Swaggy" T-shirts, but don't pay attention to that.

Then he went on to shade HGs for being outside and working on their tans all day, so I guess he wasn't seeking Angela and Rachel's votes, at least.  Then he concluded with:

What [the viewers] want is for you to keep the swaggiest guy there is, the swaggiest guy there was, and the swaggiest guy there ever will be;  Swaggy C.  And, Scottie? (Points) You look amazing, my brother.

• Love 4
(edited)

On rewatching for that transcription ^, I noted that when Julie asked Faysal for his vote, he said "you know how I rock" and showed his "Swaggy C" tee.  Then Scotty came right after and despite also wearing his "Swaggy" swag, voted the other way.  So not as predictive as Fessy thought, I guess.

Which is apparently by design.  In his Chenterview, Swaggy said that wearing the t-shirts was Scottie's idea.  In other words, Scottie came up with this way to identify who would be voting to keep Swaggy…knowing that he wasn't.  He was laying preparations to throw anybody who didn't wear the shirt under the bus with the others in the group.  Nicely Machiavellian.

So I guess Haleigh and Rockstar had better tread lightly then.  Since the new HoH has "evidence" that one of them "flipped" on keeping Swaggy.  

Heck, it's already cost Haleigh a goodbye hug from Swaggy.   (She seems to have survived, though.)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, greyflannel said:

If they set up these challenges by The Price is Right rules, and you suck at math, why don't you just write 1?

I have said many times that's exactly what I would do. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to math, even simple addition and subtraction, so my only hope would be to try to win it Price Is Right style.

10 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Too many damn shout-outs and hallway pas de deux

Which reminds me, they showed a clip (maybe it was Wednesday's show?) of Kaitlyn and I think Winston passing each other in the voting hallway and she asked him who to vote for. I thought they weren't allowed to discuss the voting once it's started. Or maybe that's just a BB Canada rule? (Or maybe it's not a rule at all and I'm just insane?)

10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

You can eliminate an empty quote box by backspacing until it disappears.

Sometimes I get trapped inside the empty quote box and can't get out or delete it. I'm so bad with technology lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I know that's meant as a joke, but Connecticut has plenty of ghettos.  Chris is from Bridgeport, which is one of the most violent cities in America, only in the 18th percentile as far as safety goes.  So he's probably damn happy he got those suburban babysitting gigs, and pissed that he threw away a summer's worth of paid vacation.

Thanks for (presumably) doing the research on this! As a Nutmegger myself, I know there is WAAAY more than the average level of affluence in this state, but there are also some pretty legitimately dangerous areas. (Hat City 4 Life.)

I rewound to check, and it seemed pretty clear that Sam completely threw the HoH (as I'm guessing others did too) with her "lil ole me?" gesture before Julie announced the correct answer. Excellent move for her.

(edited)
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Wow thanks for that interview.  He just goes on and on and on and on about winning TWO competitions.  And I thought he just won one.  The one against Angela.  The other he was just one of seven people who found something in the dark and his something had the magic writing on it or something, not the first something found even.

Love this bit:

"Sam got the power, and she was a robot all week. You’re not telling me people in America are talking more about a robot than Swaggy. I was upset and beside myself."

Yes, yes we are telling you that Sam the Robot was being talked about than you.

Love this one.  No you didn't go home directly because of Bay but that other bit ... hahahaha.

"But I didn’t go home because of Bayleigh; that wasn’t even public information."

And so much for there being a soft, sweet Chris under it all:

"Nothing I told Kaitlyn, Tyler and Sam was sincere. I knew I had to pull on those people’s hearts specifically if I was ever going to change them. The whole “Swaggy C” thing is not a persona; it’s who I am. But [Sam] thought it was a persona, so I had to play to what she thought and act like, “It’s just a cover-up. I’m really Christopher.” No! Chris is Swaggy C. ... "

Edited by green
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, green said:

Wow thanks for that interview.  So much for there being a soft, sweet Chris under it all:

I still don’t think he understands that Tyler is running the house. Maybe, after a few days of watching the season he’ll get it. Who am I kidding?!?! He’s in denial and thinks he is somebody. That said, I could see Bay going far. If she gets an app and lays low she mostly likely could make jury. I’m not sure about her athletic prowess though. I don’t think she’s a comp beast. At least, I haven’t seen it. Has there been any endurance comps that she’s been involved in?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, green said:

Wow thanks for that interview.  He just goes on and on and on and on about winning TWO competitions.  And I thought he just won one.  The one against Angela.  The other he was just one of seven people who found something in the dark and his something had the magic writing on it or something, not the first something found even.

Love this bit:

Yes, yes we are telling you that Sam the Robot was being talked about than you.

Love this one.  No you didn't go home directly because of Bay but that other bit ... hahahaha.

And so much for there being a soft, sweet Chris under it all:

I forgot about the “public information”. First off, is he suggesting that no one knew he was sleeping with Bay? Secondly, does he think he was so sly that the viewers didn’t see or know it either? Yup! He’s such a played loser. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I have to wonder how much digging Chris was allowed to do when he got voted out.  Does he know that very few people were buying into the Swaggy C crap?  Does he know how pretentious and annoying it is to nickname yourself and then speak about yourself in the third person?  I don't know?  Is he even allowed to look at the internet yet?  I really have no clue about when and where the houseguests are released.

That being said, he seems to have a narcissistic personality about Swaggy C.  Swaggy can do no wrong, everyone loves Swaggy.  No matter what he read, he would explain it away as internet trolls or losers, not that the people watching didn't like his bravado.

I'm glad he's gone.  Now, Scotty, just put Kaitlyn up for eviction and let's get the most annoying ones out of the house.  Then other personalities can come out and begin to aggrivate us.

Tyler is playing the best game but I am afraid he's gonna get caught and be eliminated too.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

I have to wonder how much digging Chris was allowed to do when he got voted out.  Does he know that very few people were buying into the Swaggy C crap?  Does he know how pretentious and annoying it is to nickname yourself and then speak about yourself in the third person?  I didn't t know?  Is he even allowed to look at the internet yet?  I really have no clue about when and where the houseguests are released.

That being said, he seems to have a narcissistic personality about Swaggy C.  Swaggy can do no wrong, everyone loves Swaggy.  No matter what he read, he would explain it away as internet trolls or losers, not that the people watching didn't like his bravado.

I'm glad he's gone.  Now, Scotty, just put Kaitlyn up for eviction and let's get the most annoying ones out of the house.  Then other personalities can come.out and begin to aggrivates us.

Tyler is playing the best game but I am afraid he's gonna get caught and be eliminated too.

Swaggy can look at anything he wants.  He is homeward bound.  The "tell" was Julie giving him  all the info.  He is already doing interviews etc.  The interview link above is to one done just 12 hours after the eviction so he probably hadn't had a chance to get online as of that interview and it shows.  He mentions sleeping so I assume BB put him up for overnight and for interviews the follow day or so then back to real life for him.  His 15 minutes of fame are over.

Sam's power app is the return to the game mechanism for one of the first four evictees this season ... if they pass the "challenge" which I assume will be pretty easy.  She must use it this week or she no longer can use it herself as the evictee the following week (the 4th one) will get it automatically so it will be used for sure.

2 hours ago, green said:

I thought [Chris] just won one [competition].  The one against Angela.  The other he was just one of seven people who found something in the dark and his something had the magic writing on it or something, not the first something found even.

No, it was Angela who "found the golden ticket" in the darkness.  Chris actually had a little something to swag about in the other competition, where he and his competition had to go up and down the rope, trying to make the word "houseguest" out of the letter-blocks.  That was a legitimate accomplishment, albeit not worth all the preening he did about it from the moment he came back into the house.  (To the point where Bayleigh had to go running after him to try and get him to check himself.  Didn't quite work, as we've seen.)

27 minutes ago, green said:

Sam's power app is the return to the game mechanism for one of the first four evictees this season ... if they pass the "challenge" which I assume will be pretty easy.  She must use it this week or she no longer can use it herself as the evictee the following week (the 4th one) will get it automatically so it will be used for sure.

I believe that if Sam doesn't use (or designate the use of) the power this week, it becomes automatic, but Sam is still eligible to benefit from its usage.  So she might hesitate to use it on another HG this week, knowing she would still hae it in her pocket should she need it next.

Of course, if Scottie is as subject to Tyler's whisperings as Kaitlyn was, the whole issue will be moot.  But I don't think Scottie's going to spend the week crying on Ty's chest. (Although, I grant you, I could be wrong.  Expect the unexpected!)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, green said:

[Chris’fer] just goes on and on and on and on about winning TWO competitions.  And I thought he just won one.  

Chris did win just one comp - but it was a two-parter, and he insists on counting each part as a separate win.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Which reminds me, they showed a clip (maybe it was Wednesday's show?) of Kaitlyn and I think Winston passing each other in the voting hallway and she asked him who to vote for. I thought they weren't allowed to discuss the voting once it's started. Or maybe that's just a BB Canada rule? (Or maybe it's not a rule at all and I'm just insane?)

It's definitely not enforced in BBCAN either (much of that show copies the US version).  Both are lax about rules.  The whole gimmicky stuff as the pass each other is just for the cameras too.  A problem is the whole voting procedure has never been very exciting anyway.  Survivor has always done it much better, though there's way more gameplay there anyway.

Edited by amazingracefan

Pretty sure the little hallway dances and crap started on BB Canada. At least that's the first time I ever remember seeing it. But I'm almost positive there's a rule (or at least, there was) about no discussing the voting once it starts. I don't ever remember seeing anyone on BB Canada or BB U.S. stop in that little hallway and discuss votes before.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've definitely seen votes confirmed before, maybe even earlier this year on BBCAN.  It's far from unknown.  At least when people talk before going into the DR you assume it must be about the vote.

Edited by amazingracefan
14 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Really? I've seen every season and I don't ever recall anybody ever telling another houseguest who they voted for while the voting was still going on. Interesting.

I seem to recall something involving Christmas last season, when Josh flipped away from her/Paul during the late Jason/Raven evictions, where she told him who she voted for in the hall and he cast “sympathy” votes as a result, but maybe I’m imagining that.

Cant find whoever educated me about Connecticut actually having a real ghetto that would suck to live in to quote for cred, but thanks! Big brother (viewers who post here) is teaching me things!

Still hate Swaggy. 

15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I forgot about the “public information”. First off, is he suggesting that no one knew he was sleeping with Bay? Secondly, does he think he was so sly that the viewers didn’t see or know it either? Yup! He’s such a played loser. 

Has he never watched the show??? Does he not understand cameras? Microphones? Does he somehow think a blanket over your head makes you invisible?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Just read another exit interview. 

"Viewers......were rooting for him"  ?????

Not this viewer.  Yeah he played the game,  but he was an awful person. Paul level of arrogance with even less to back it up.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Just read another exit interview. He seriously has no idea how to play this game. He’s wrong on every point. It really does show why he got played & evicted so early. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-20-swaggy-c-williams-eviction-interview-1126995

He is totally delusional.  Guy does not have one single clue.  Bay is so lucky not to have that albatross tied around her neck any longer.

• Love 2

I hated that; Jason was a walking billboard for his company.  So cheap.  

I suppose Chris may be trying to sell some "Swaggy C" clothing down the line.  He admires Paul so much ("he was robbed…twice!") so I guess he wants to follow in BobbleBeard's footsteps as a "designer".

Meantime, Faysal is wearing that "Fessy Fitness" wristband all the time, presumably to promote a business he is trying to launch.  He can leave, too.

(Not just for that, but it's annoying that the people I can't stand are the ones that Scottie will probably keep safe this week. [The same ones Kaitlyn gave preemptive safety to last week, as well.  I mean, I didn't mind Swaggy hitting the bricks, but it would have been nice to see the other "Foutte" jerks sweat a little, too.] Tyler really better have some mad skills…I mean, I guess Sam might use her power to give a second chance should the evictee be somebody I enjoy, but even that wouldn't be as enjoyable as losing Bayleigh or Rockstar or this sulky, smug, bozo.  Probably zero chance of any of that happening, though. Sigh.)