Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, zenithwit said:

At least by running, Scottie was able to get the camera to pan away from the Houseguests quickly.

...and scared the hell out of Julie in the process - BONUS!!!  ;>

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I'm jealous of your ability to forget Jeff, Jordan, and Brendan. I wish I could.

!!!CLOWNSHOE!!!

Sorry - kneejerk response when I see Jeff’s name pop up.

!!!CLOWNSHOE!!!

;)

37 minutes ago, Lamima said:

He cant play in it anyway.

Right, but according to the instructions Julie stated before the (false) comp start, Fessy does have a role in the comp: accepting the tokens from the participating HGs to take a turn at the track.  Explaining to Fessy how to do that was easily a half-hour or so on its own.  ;>

• Love 9

To follow up on my "no DR spoilers" post: I think the reason why it bugs me is because the DR is supposed to be the one place where the HGs get some privacy. Yes, conversations are filmed in there for the show. But it's also where they can go to talk to a therapist, have a moment to decompress, have a moment to be themselves and now they don't even get that because Vegas wants more retweets and love thrown at her. 

Just leave the DR shit alone. Stick to feed outages and comp results. The DR shit seems so tacky and tasteless to me.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

This season has it all.  Now broken lollipops, heh!

And if Vegas is spoiling Vegas is spoiling.  The DR should be spoiled the most since it is the most hidden from us.  If you want to remain unspoiled about the DR you basically have to skip the whole spoiler thread in general because it is just that, the spoiler thread.  Hell Survivor and The Amazing Race threads spoil the winners if known on a particular season.  DR stuff is small potatoes to that.

Edited by green
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

And another question for everyone. If you were on BB, what would your silly move that would appear in the opening credits?

How much voguing can I do in a second and a half?

• Love 8

Re:  Pregnancy...

We've discussed allowing a pregnant woman to play before in this thread.  I think allowing a pregnant woman to play creates a significant potential liability and publicity problem for the show (if, for example, the fetus were injured during a comp).  There are certain types of liability that you can't contract out of.  If it were me, there's a bunch of competitions that I would not let a pregnant woman participate in (like the slip-and-slide) because it poses a significant risk to the show if she's injured.

But, as far as barring a pregnant woman from the show entirely... given the accommodations made for Christmas, it might be possible that BB could make legally appropriate accommodations for a pregnant woman.  But I don't know enough about the inner workings of the show to say for sure.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

To follow up on my "no DR spoilers" post: I think the reason why it bugs me is because the DR is supposed to be the one place where the HGs get some privacy. Yes, conversations are filmed in there for the show. But it's also where they can go to talk to a therapist, have a moment to decompress, have a moment to be themselves and now they don't even get that because Vegas wants more retweets and love thrown at her. 

Just leave the DR shit alone. Stick to feed outages and comp results. The DR shit seems so tacky and tasteless to me.

Agreed. It's fun to just find out who won a comp etc. But I don't think it's fair to spill stuff that they are talking about with production that is on a personal level. Now anyone going to play next season and knows about this will be really guarded because Vegas just blasts their secrets everywhere. 

• Love 3
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed. It's fun to just find out who won a comp etc. But I don't think it's fair to spill stuff that they are talking about with production that is on a personal level. Now anyone going to play next season and knows about this will be really guarded because Vegas just blasts their secrets everywhere. 

And that is why there is a separate spoiler thread just for the competitions here. 

Ans I doubt if many people know about Vegas who would go on this show. And hell people forget their are cameras in the house going 24/7 most of the time.  As far as what people say in the DR that is shown on TV a lot anyway.  It is already considered not private.  Plus stuff is just read off a teleprompter anyway.  I don't think this will effect anything at all in the least.

• Love 1

I've made and destroyed dinner and washed the dishes already. C'mon, Big Brother. Just have them all play rock/paper/scissors until there's a single winner and we can move the fuck on with Haleigh versus Fessy on the block.

2 minutes ago, green said:

Ans I doubt if many people know about Vegas who would go on this show. And hell people forget their are cameras in the house going 24/7 most of the time.  As far as what people say in the DR that is shown on TV a lot anyway.  It is already considered not private.  Plus stuff is just read off a teleprompter anyway.  I don't think this will effect anything at all in the least.

Sure, they film in the DR. But if a HG asks to speak to a therapist, I bet they turn the cameras off and don't film. But Vegas tweets about it. That's not cool.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Remember that BB OTT comp where the mirrors kept breaking?  Good times.  Or boring times.  Take your pick.

I don't know what OTT is other than the first part of the word Otter.

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

And...Angela won. Goodbye, consecutive different HOHs!

That's probably best for Brett, though.

He can play next week.

So does she target Sam or Fessy/Hay?

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

And...Angela won. Goodbye, consecutive different HOHs!

I was waiting until I saw a key around someone's neck.

Just now, Callaphera said:

Per Vegas, Angela won HoH. 

2 minutes ago, green said:

I don't know what OTT is other than the first part of the word Otter.

OTT stands for Over The Top.  Is was essentially a lives feeds only version of BB where America was heavily involved and voted for the winner.  Jason Roy from BB17 was on it.  I think most people who watched it were hesitant at first but ended up loving it in the end.  I think there are a few edited episodes on CBS All Access.

Speaking of "America", have we heard this bunch talk about "America" often?  I can't recall many incidents which is refreshing.

• Love 2
Just now, vb68 said:

That's probably best for Brett, though.

He can play next week.

So does she target Sam or Fessy/Hay?

I'm happy because Brett's not going on the block. Angela would put JC up, if Sam won veto and took Fessy down, before Brett. 

I do think Angela's putting up Fessy/Haleigh. I think L6 talked about that last night. It would be stupid of them not to.

• Love 5

Well, I really despise Angela, so I can’t be happy about this, but the horrible part of me loves the fact that she’s gonna toe the party line, and boot either Fessie or Hayleigh, pretty much guaranteeing she won’t win the game, between her snotty good-bye messages and this move. 

• Love 12
Just now, Katesus7 said:

Well, I really despise Angela, so I can’t be happy about this, but the horrible part of me loves the fact that she’s gonna toe the party line, and boot either Fessie or Hayleigh, pretty much guaranteeing she won’t win the game, between her snotty good-bye messages and this move. 

It's nice that Fessy/Haleigh will be blindsided this week. They actually might think they're safe with Angela and Tyler!

• Love 6

I'd much rather have a cancelled eviction than a Battle Back. Of course I'll root for my favorites to get back in, but it kind of sucks for whoever gets out this week since they outlasted the competition. 

I guess Rockstar got screwed by a twist, so it'd be nice for her to get back in. And it'd be interesting to see if she still thinks Sam voted for her or not. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do think Angela's putting up Fessy/Haleigh. I think L6 talked about that last night. It would be stupid of them not to.

Maybe we'll get a Fessy/Haleigh blindside nomination?  That could be fun especially if Angela amplifies her "Ice Queen" persona. 

• Love 2
Just now, Skyfall said:

Ang needs to do Sam and JC and backdoor Hay or Fess

That might not be good because Haleigh or Fessy may win veto and not use it. Plus, they'll be more pissed if they're backdoored. It's better to nominate them outright and give them time to process their blindside.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

And another question for everyone. If you were on BB, what would your silly move that would appear in the opening credits?

Since I doubt they'd let me scowl and flip the bird, I'd have to pass.

I really need to see Brett screaming "My lollipop is broken!" /TAR    This is what happens when you use non-Lollipop Guild labor.  

• Love 23
Just now, vb68 said:

I really would not want Fessy to finally be evicted only to come right back in.

I'd laugh if this happened, only because who else would get evicted, come back in, and then STILL think they could work with Tyler and Angela and think they'd be good with the house? I'm positive Fessy would!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

Maybe they are a big Jeff/Jordan fan?

ON RUSEV DAY OF ALL DAYS!

Every day is Rusev day.  Funny when they had the woman do the voiceover for the hacker I thought of Lana.

40 minutes ago, Slider said:

I wasn't implying that Vegas had the control, because clearly they don't.  Also, producers are the ones that are asking them the questions in the diary room.  They are there all the time.  A production assistant on the ground or a friend or spouse would easily be found out - it's too obvious when their phones are out.

This, I have worked on commercial and television sets in the past (granted not on the scale of Big Brother) and there was always a producer on set.

7 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

I didn't watch OTT so I wouldn't know.

Neither did I, there was no way I was going to pay to watch a season of the show.

11 hours ago, HighMaintenance said:

No, I'm not really interested in being "famous", I'd just like to see if I could outsmart and outplay some fellow hammies.

Your avatar is awesome.  I am a big Dark Shadows fan.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

But what if Fessy gets blindside evicted, comes back in, and then gets blindside evicted the following week?  That would be really funny.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

The houseguests have been speculating about a battle back, right?  I think they would rather target Haleigh assuming she is less likely of the two to win the battle back.  Plus, Fessy is WAY more easy to manipulate that Haleigh.

• Love 1

This is hilarious. Haleigh is right on the money about her going up and being a target, and Fessy's shutting her down. I just can't at Fessy's stupidity. He's gonna be so confused when him and Haleigh are on the block tomorrow. 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

How many weeks have we said that about this season and something happens? Lol

Sure, but I've seen an Ice Queen HoH before. The only thing that made it interesting was Haleigh winning the first Hacker comp and Bayleigh losing her marbles. Angela herself? Meh. I was turned off by her and Brett body shaming Rockstar in the HoH bedroom.

L6 is The Brigade 2.0. They're not going to Foutté themselves when they have a clear path to victory. Yawn. Even watching them eat their own isn't going to be that interesting. It almost never is. 

The only thing that could keep this week interesting for me is Haleigh and Fessy trying to throw each other under the bus or Sam loses her shit but Sam has been losing her shit for awhile now and it's starting to lose its luster unless she starts pulling something newer and crazier out of her ass. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Ang needs to do Sam and JC and backdoor Hay or Fess

No way.  Putting up Hay/Fessy means you get one of them for sure.  Sam and JC up would make the House a living hell all week long as they would both go bonkers but in different ways.  No need to do that and risk both Hay and Fessy staying.  Sam and JC up is a Fessy type of move guaranteed to get one of your own allies out while leaving two enemies behind. 

And they don't know about the battle back so you can't take that into their calculations either.

Regards that:  I'd love to see Scotty vs Fessy in a battle back.  Well I'd love NOT to see a battle back period but if I had to have one then those two fighting it out would be fun. 

Hay has always been the person I liked least after Swaggy so I'd love to see her go too but Scotty would probably guilt trip his way to throwing the battle back to her he is that dumb.

If it is one of Fessy or Hay I'd want Rockstar to win. But if would have to come down to naming a color starting with the letter "p" because that is the only way I imagine she might get an answer right.

Edited by green
  • Love 4