Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This show.

JC is telling Faysal that he absolutely can't use the veto and that he won't talk to Faysal or Bayleigh if Faysal uses the veto.

No Fessy is definitely using the veto. a chance to get away from JC's verbal diarrhea?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, zorak said:

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here asked if she was wearing dirty plastic bags in her hair when she had it on the other day.  

*raises hand* That would be me.

I really want to know what fairies put dirty plastic bags in their hair, because what?

• Love 5
Just now, kellog010 said:

CBS replaying "On my Daughter's Birthday". It's killing me. Obvioulsy, CBS did not get the memo it was a holiday.

They should put a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen to let the viewers know it was actually Rockstar's daughter's birthday eve.  We wouldn't want America to get confused about what day this national holiday actually occurs.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Is the veto ceremony happening now?  It's old episodes on the feeds right now.

Fixing the back sliding door. The handle broke.

S6 are so bad at this game. Wait until someone is HOH to talk to them.

• Love 1

How did the JC Bayleigh conversation go over in the feeds?  Because the way it seemed to unfold on the show I’m kinda with JC here. He tried to explain how the m word is bad using Gay and F%#^^*#T and when she still didn’t seem to get it he used the N word maybe he should have said ‘The N word’ but I think he was trying to make that point. 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

How did the JC Bayleigh conversation go over in the feeds?  Because the way it seemed to unfold on the show I’m kinda with JC here. He tried to explain how the m word is bad using Gay and F%#^^*#T and when she still didn’t seem to get it he used the N word maybe he should have said ‘The N word’ but I think he was trying to make that point. 

The issue is that he continued to argue about how he somehow has the right to use the term, because it is used a lot in his community. He just kept doubling down on the issue and refused to back down at all. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

Bayleigh understood right away with his first reference but understandably and rightly lost her shit when JC doubled down with the second example. It's hard to say exactly what happened because the feeds were down for 45 minutes immediately after Bayleigh told him that he couldn't use that word. When they came back, JC had already been called to the DR for a spanking and Bayleigh and JC were already discussing the aftermath in the lounge. The feeds showed none of it but we got some of the angry voices over the ambient microphones when HGs would get out of bed and go to the bathroom. So of course, we don't know exactly what was said over the entire hour and what we could hear wasn't a whole hell of a lot. JC seemed rather unrepentant afterwards when he was trying to explain to Brett what had happened (Brett was half awake and really didn't give a shit). Most of the HGs who were awake at one point during the discussion just said things like "I don't understand why he doesn't just apologize?"

I stayed up to watch it all go down on the feeds because damn it, you just do not go to bed in the middle of a moment like that.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The issue is that he continued to argue about how he somehow has the right to use the term, because it is used a lot in his community. He just kept doubling down on the issue and refused to back down at all. 

I don't think it was quite equivalent to "I have the right to use the n-word all the time because I get called bigoted stuff too." It was more like "I am trying to give you, during this one discussion, an emotional sense that the m-word and the n-word are similar."

He still should not have done it, but I THINK he finally let go of trying to justify his use of it in the discussion, and now understands that he shouldn't have used the full word even to make a point. 

• Love 10
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Did she say stuff about the outfits that I missed?  Or just what was said in her nom speech?

she said that Hay and Kait wear loose-fitting clothes and hang all over guys which is part of why she nominated them. she said that guys like Tyler flirt too but they're men and can't help themselves.

She also said this to Hay:

"There is a soulmate out there for you and he is Channing Tatum and perfect and he might see this show."

Hay: "The speech didn't bother me."
Sam: "I think it did bother you and that's good."
Hay: "I'm more upset that my family will see this out of context."
Sam: "it clearly bothered you and that's a good thing. You have a conscience. You're in there braiding your hair thinking my mom's watching this."

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

she said that Hay and Kait wear loose-fitting clothes and hang all over guys which is part of why she nominated them. 

OK.  Thank you.

I honestly thought the above picture was RS and not Sam!

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

she said that Hay and Kait wear loose-fitting clothes and hang all over guys which is part of why she nominated them. 

Sam didn't say the "loose fitting clothing" bit as part of the nom speech. That was afterwards, when she was talking to Rachel in the HoH room. Only the "hanging on the young men" and "opposite of female empowerment" and "should have more respect for yourself" was part of the nom speech.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Sam didn't say the "loose fitting clothing" bit as part of the nom speech. That was afterwards, when she was talking to Rachel in the HoH room. Only the "hanging on the young men" and "opposite of female empowerment" and "should have more respect for yourself" was part of the nom speech.

Yeah. I forgot. I guess Sam's just been on such a slut-shaming spree that I forgot she limited her nomination speech to only three Handmaid's Tale talking points.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Yeah. I forgot. I guess Sam's just been on such a slut-shaming spree that I forgot she limited her nomination speech to only three Handmaid's Tale talking points.

Personally, I'm waiting for the "women shouldn't be able to read, it's the man's job" reference to come up.

I knew sitting through that last torturous and bad season of The Handmaid's Tale was coming to come in handy one day. 

• Love 7

These girls have some very good flexibility !! Bay loves yoga and obviously enjoys teaching it. Sam has ballet skills that are serving her quite well in Bays yoga routine. She has mad balance skills. 
I thought the master yoga was Kaitlin but I havent seen her do this with anyone. I am impressed !

26 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Bayleigh understood right away with his first reference but understandably and rightly lost her shit when JC doubled down with the second example. It's hard to say exactly what happened because the feeds were down for 45 minutes immediately after Bayleigh told him that he couldn't use that word. When they came back, JC had already been called to the DR for a spanking and Bayleigh and JC were already discussing the aftermath in the lounge. The feeds showed none of it but we got some of the angry voices over the ambient microphones when HGs would get out of bed and go to the bathroom. So of course, we don't know exactly what was said over the entire hour and what we could hear wasn't a whole hell of a lot. JC seemed rather unrepentant afterwards when he was trying to explain to Brett what had happened (Brett was half awake and really didn't give a shit). Most of the HGs who were awake at one point during the discussion just said things like "I don't understand why he doesn't just apologize?"

I stayed up to watch it all go down on the feeds because damn it, you just do not go to bed in the middle of a moment like that.

I actually don't think she understood with the first reference, for the sole reason that she used the word AGAIN, and said "so, *m-word* is JUST a word", which is where JC dropped the full n-word.

Not that JC was right either. I made my thoughts clear in the episode thread about how I thought he was wrong too, but it seems like the missing geometry room conversation, even knowing it went on for almost an hour, filled in some possible gaps. I wish I could have seen the entire conversation, because the edit didn't make Bayleigh come off well at all, especially when dropping the f-word into the debate.

Both handled that badly, but it's good to have more context with it. JC should have apologized more but I felt neither were trying to see each other's side of the debate at all, and that's where things fell apart.

In other news, Sam told Angela/Brett that Rockstar's going up.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I actually don't think she understood with the first reference, for the sole reason that she used the word AGAIN, and said "so, *m-word* is JUST a word", which is where JC dropped the full n-word.

Both times that I've seen that moment, I thought JC was cutting Bayleigh off before she could finish her sentence/thought but yeah, I will admit that neither of them came out of it looking like a million bucks but from what could be heard from JC during the confrontation (on the feeds at least), he really didn't seem to see the problem with using the N-word. Like, at all. 

6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

In other news, Sam told Angela/Brett that Rockstar's going up.

It's Christmas in July!

• Love 6

Very cool Angela. I hope we get a competition that highlights your skills.

Tooms ?‏ @Tooms_BB 23m23 minutes ago

More

Since Angela doesn't seem to be on #BB20 this year, here's a video of her pole vaulting.

0:10 / 0:10

11 replies20 retweets120 likes

Tooms ?‏ @Tooms_BB 23m23 minutes ago

More

• Love 3
Just now, Callaphera said:

Both times that I've seen that moment, I thought JC was cutting Bayleigh off before she could finish her sentence/thought but yeah, I will admit that neither of them came out of it looking like a million bucks but from what could be heard from JC during the confrontation (on the feeds at least), he really didn't seem to see the problem with using the N-word. Like, at all. 

Oh yeah, he definitely intended to use that word. It was NOT a slip. And maybe he was even working up to it, even before Bayleigh said what she said. I just wanted to point out that she didn't seem to get the first reference with how casually she used the word right after. If she understood how offensive the word was, she wouldn't have said what she said. I totally forgot that she said that statement on the feeds, as well. 

Before tonight's episode, I thought JC was the more ridiculous one and Bayleigh did nothing wrong. Now, I think both said some very wrong things and Bayleigh also said some wrong things. That being said, we knew this was coming at some point, since Bayleigh had an argument with JC hours before that debate that offended him about who the "woman" in a potential JC/Fessy relationship would be, and she didn't take that well either. I've noticed that she doesn't seem to take being wrong very well. She goes defensive, which isn't the worst thing, but it's a definite flaw of hers. 

And I genuinely like Bayleigh. She's in my top five favourite houseguests this season. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Before tonight's episode, I thought JC was the more ridiculous one and Bayleigh did nothing wrong. Now, I think both said some very wrong things and Bayleigh also said some wrong things. That being said, we knew this was coming at some point, since Bayleigh had an argument with JC hours before that debate that offended him about who the "woman" in a potential JC/Fessy relationship would be, and she didn't take that well either. I've noticed that she doesn't seem to take being wrong very well. She goes defensive, which isn't the worst thing, but it's a definite flaw of hers. 

And I genuinely like Bayleigh. She's in my top five favourite houseguests this season. 

I thought that the issue was that the two of them have very poor listening skills. They were ironically both coming from the same place but not listening to each other. When they finally did listen to each other you can see that they hugged it out and understood each other. But both of them need to listen before speaking.

One thing about Bay is that she's sort of in a weird spot where she spent so much of the first few "getting to know you" weeks holed up with Swaggy that I think her comfort level with the house is just not where it needs to be at this point in the game. So she's just now finding out peoples' quirks and touchy points. I like her too but she still doesn't have anyone she's truly close to.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

So, it's not "too mean" anymore?

I actually wondered if this was her decision when she came out with the bubble stuff and commented about trying to make a hula hoop for Rockstar.  Apparently it's not too mean if you give the person a few gifts before throwing them on the block.  Seems like Sam logic, lol

• Love 3

JC is a super control freak. He is a little irate with Tyler for not telling him that Kaitlin said she has feelings for Tyler. he wants to know everything. In his eyes, he is running things and needs all the information. 
He is starting to boss Tyler around and telling him what he has to do. Treating him like he treats FEssy.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I actually wondered if this was her decision when she came out with the bubble stuff and commented about trying to make a hula hoop for Rockstar.  Apparently it's not too mean if you give the person a few gifts before throwing them on the block.  Seems like Sam logic, lol

I think having, like, half the house name Rockstar as their preferred replacement/who they would put up might have helped, too. Because Sam is all about the house being a peaceful and loving place and all the gameplay being left to the competitions and the competitions only.

• Love 4

JC comes across as way too aggressive and pushy no matter who he's talking to about game.  Tyler seems to be actually controlling things while maintaining an extremely laid back attitude about everything.  He makes suggestions but never demands things the way that JC/Kaitlyn do.  

• Love 5

Watching the show now and I am getting excited that I may get a glimpse of Angela.  I am dead serious.  I haven't seen her yet, that I am aware of. 

JC was also complaining big time to Brett about how Rachel would not leave the Have Not room when he wanted a few minutes to talk to Fessy. She would not leave ! He made the same complaint when he wanted to have some private words with Sam and Rachel would not leave the bathroom. Control Freak ! I think he is setting up Rachel as the next target. He want sher out. She is getting closer to FEssy and he does not like it. 
Tyler also trying to tell JC that there may be a power that both girls stay. JC should not try so hard to campaign against Kaitlin. Finally he almost comes right out and says there is a power. Do not do anything until after veto ceremony.

I think Tyler is going to have to cut JC real soon. JC is going to be very jealous that  he does not know all the info that Tyler knows. His radar is already way way up that Tyler is not telling him something.

• Love 7

Sam has declared to JC and Tyler that on Sundays she thinks that they should all do something nice for the person who is having the hardest time.  That's why she did the bubbles for Rockstar.

• Love 7

JC may be setting himself up for his own demise in this conversation with Tyler.  As he pushes on and on about how they need to get Kaitlyn out, possibly exposing Tyler as a byproduct, it seems like the wheels are turning in Tyler's head.  He tells JC to wait and not do anything until after the veto ceremony, but he definitely seems a little scared of what JC might do.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, leocadia said:

JC may be setting himself up for his own demise in this conversation with Tyler.  As he pushes on and on about how they need to get Kaitlyn out, possibly exposing Tyler as a byproduct, it seems like the wheels are turning in Tyler's head.  He tells JC to wait and not do anything until after the veto ceremony, but he definitely seems a little scared of what JC might do.

I agree. After this conversation in the HN room and upstairs loft, I think Tyler is thinking they will need to cut JC soon. He is painting a target on Rachel too and I dont think Tyler likes that.

• Love 2

Someone here said before that they thought Sam was going for America's Favorite Houseguest over actually winning. I feel like she's blown that now. Too bad. So sad.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, kellog010 said:

I wonder how many hours a day Winston will watch feeds for his Bro. I miss him the house. I liked the Bro's together. I do think, without Winston in the house, Brett's bro-ness has toned down some.

ETA: JC pushing Fessy just now to not use veto.

Winston left more bitter than Swaggy.  He was super bitter in all his interviews. He just can't admit good game play. Or, that his allaince had to choose between to members.I am not sure he is going to watch for awhile. He needs to chill out. It was not just a game to him.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, leocadia said:

3 minutes ago, missyb said:

I agree. After this conversation in the HN room and upstairs loft, I think Tyler is thinking they will need to cut JC soon. He is painting a target on Rachel too and I dont think Tyler likes that.

I also agree. I think JC is overplaying and going a little too off-script for Tyler.

One of the reasons why I think Tyler mostly sticks to his L5 alliance is for the most part, they just have a quick convo about their plan and then chill for the rest of week. They don't need to constantly validate their alliance.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 6

I like watching all the HG's do different workouts and exercises. Season 15 Elissa had the best looking sports bras. I ended up buying a bunch of them and they are my favorites.

• Love 3