Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, missyb said:

He is like Teflon Tyler. Kind of amazing. 

Big difference between Tyler and Paul. Tyler is nice, quiet. Not a blow hard like Paul was. He does not demand anything, lets others take the lead. He is a clam influence and Paul was an agitator. 

Oh I'm not saying Tyler is like Paul. Just saying he's reaching Paul-levels of mind control in the house.

I do think though that I think Brett will be Tyler's undoing. I feel like Brett;s game is going to get more and more dangerous and harder to control. Except I think Brett has maybe more of a mean streak than Tyler? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, missyb said:

Callaphera, thanks for the great clips. Priceless.  What a night. 

Not a problem. They're not mine (I wish my feeds were as clear as that), I just scooped them from the reddit thread once I saw them up for those that missed it/can't flashback/don't have the feeds but want to see the whole shebang. I was following the discussion in four different places because it was so hilarious. 

I can't believe I'm awake and ready for another day of Rockstar batshit insanity. 

1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Just watched the clips @Callaphera posted and I realized Angie kept using the word "showmance" when talking about Brett during the whole pan banging debacle. It made me wonder about where the root of her disdain for him *really* stems from.

Either we're separated at birth or share a brain because I was thinking the exact same thing when Rockstar started her "I won't stand in my truth, I'm going to lie" and then went on and on about their secret relationship and making out in the camera's blindspots and whatnot. She kept bringing up last night (before pots and pans) that she wasn't a young, pretty girl like everyone else in the house and Brett flirted with all the young, pretty girls in the house but he had never ever even looked at her until he threw down that lie about her wanting to flip the vote and pin it on Kaitlyn. Whether it's jealousy or she's hurt by her exclusion, I don't know, but I really think there might be something there. 

To be fair, Brett has done his own amount of shit-talking about Rockstar. I remember hearing him once or twice calling her unattractive but Rockstar went above and beyond with the "I loooove Brett" and "He has a micro-penis!" shit last night. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Here is Sam's "rules of my HoH" speech.

See, normally I would jump for joy at seeing an HoH lay down the law like that. But coupled with her angrily yelling at Tyler to drop from the HoH comp and telling everyone to skedaddle from the bathroom because Sam wanted to her on her makeup in peace and quiet, I'm not a fan. Part of Big Brother is the social aspect and you're only HoH for a week. I mean, if you want to be on the block next week because of your HoH Dictatorship...

• Love 11
Just now, Callaphera said:

See, normally I would jump for joy at seeing an HoH lay down the law like that. But coupled with her angrily yelling at Tyler to drop from the HoH comp and telling everyone to skedaddle from the bathroom because Sam wanted to her on her makeup in peace and quiet, I'm not a fan. Part of Big Brother is the social aspect and you're only HoH for a week. I mean, if you want to be on the block next week because of your HoH Dictatorship...

ESPECIALLY knowing that her HoH has a great chance of being nullified. 

• Love 3
Just now, Callaphera said:

Sam did say this morning that even she doesn't really plan on spending a lot of time in the HOH room this week.  Whether or not that holds true remains to be seen.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Here is Sam's "rules of my HoH" speech.

While I can respect her not wanting anyone in the HOH room during her time there, her speech came off as very 'Look at meeeeeeeeee!  Pay attention to meeeeeeeeee now!'

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

ESPECIALLY knowing that her HoH has a great chance of being nullified. 

Which might be why she's acting this way but I think it's just the real Sam bubbling out from under the surface of that "I'm so nice and sweet, just a country bumpkin" facade. 

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Sam did say this morning that even she doesn't really plan on spending a lot of time in the HOH room this week.  Whether or not that holds true remains to be seen.

Because don't you know, she's above such petty things as the Head of Household. She's going to remain on slop with the rest of the Have Nots (but she'll drink her champagne)! She's going to put the remote up on the fridge because she's not going to use the spycam! That Sam sure is a nice girl! 

Blech. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Either we're separated at birth or share a brain because I was thinking the exact same thing when Rockstar started her "I won't stand in my truth, I'm going to lie" and then went on and on about their secret relationship and making out in the camera's blindspots and whatnot. She kept bringing up last night (before pots and pans) that she wasn't a young, pretty girl like everyone else in the house and Brett flirted with all the young, pretty girls in the house but he had never ever even looked at her until he threw down that lie about her wanting to flip the vote and pin it on Kaitlyn. Whether it's jealousy or she's hurt by her exclusion, I don't know, but I really think there might be something there. 

To be fair, Brett has done his own amount of shit-talking about Rockstar. I remember hearing him once or twice calling her unattractive but Rockstar went above and beyond with the "I loooove Brett" and "He has a micro-penis!" shit last night. 

Yeah, it's just a little too much for me to not think there's not at least a tiny bit of an attraction there (and I didn't even catch her saying all that stuff about young pretty girls). It may not even being something she's conscious of, but after everything she's said, I can't help but wonder.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Yeah, it's just a little too much for me to not think there's not at least a tiny bit of an attraction there (and I didn't even catch her saying all that stuff about young pretty girls). It may not even being something she's conscious of, but after everything she's said, I can't help but wonder.

She 100%(!) wants to hit it and knows she has no shot, and she's using the ridiculous lie* as an excuse to vent her bitterness about it. This level of acting out is totally uncalled for. Hilarious and delicious for us to watch, but uncalled for.

* The only reason it worked is her way OTT reaction. Of course, Brett [translation: Tyler] knew that, and that's why they picked her and not Haleigh for ex, but still. If she'd kept to the initial meme-worthy shock face, she could have had a rational conversation about it with her allies later and moved on.

• Love 3

There;s a couple issues here. One is that as a game move, it was brilliant on Tyler/Brett's part. However I think there was undoubtedly a real "pick on the ugly girl" complex here. Brett wouldn't do the same thing to, say, Bayeigh and Haleigh because he still enjoys their company and finds them attractive. So basically Brett was making a big game move and being a dick at the same time.

The other issue is that RS has made her insecurities and hangups so known (and broadcasted them so much) that people know they can push her buttons.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Figster said:

Sam just doesn't understand the social aspect of being HOH, that's what the problem is to me.  Sure, she can kick everyone out and stay up there all by herself eating all her snacks and whatnot if she really wants to, and people can cheer her on if they want to for her "bravery" for that.  Just proves again how bad she is at this game imo lol.

My opinion differs from yours, based on consideration of a single question: exactly which HGs are going to take issue with this?

1. True allies/friends?  Doubtful.  One could reasonably expect true allies and friends to respect Sam enough to have no trouble giving due consideration to her boundaries.
  2. Fake allies/friends? Probably.  If their primary intention is to hang around the HoH sponging off Sam and trying to pick up tidbits of info they can use to stab her in the back, though, then who gives a shit what they think or how they feel?  No amount of simple hospitality is going to dissuade their mendacious behavior, so it’s wasted effort to try.  Fuck’em.
  3. Sam keeping her ears open for which HGs do start bellyaching about her conditions might help clarify which HGs fall into #2.  ;)

56 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

So Tyler was the swing vote to evict Winston and Brett knew that and his speech was to make it seem like it was Rockstar who was going to vote to evict Winston? 

Rockstar, Kaitlyn, Haleigh, whoever - doesn’t matter.  So long as Brett’s goal was to (a) set the stage for a flip from the vote S6 S5 expected, (b) obscure the identity of the actual flipper (Tyler), and (c) sow FUD and dissension within S6’s S5’s ranks as to who DID flip - mission really fucking accomplished!  :>

52 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The lengths these people will go to to protect Tyler is insane.

I’d say it was more along the lines of protecting L6 L5 than protecting any single member thereof - even if it’s Teflon Ty - but YMMV.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kaitlyn spilling to Tyler about what she thinks is Sam's power to flip two votes.

Tyler looks perplexed.

Boy, just keep your trap shut, nod and say "ok, sure". 

Boy I can't believe nobody knows it was Tyler.  I mean they always know pretty shortly after the vote.  Go Tyler!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think Sam thinks of herself as America and production's favorite.

I think that's a key thing in understanding Sam's actions and motivations like her HOH Rules. I do think she sees herself as the favorite and got that assumption when she got the first app.  I think that's the root of some of her arrogance. Probably not all of it, but a good deal of it.

1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

Kaitlyn currently asking why everything has to be about Kaitlyn, as she continues to make everything about Kaitlyn.

Likewise everything you need to know about Kait summarized into one sentence so well.

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

So Tyler was the swing vote to evict Winston and Brett knew that and his speech was to make it seem like it was Rockstar who was going to vote to evict Winston? 

No, Tyler was never ever the swing vote. He helped Brett with that strategy, if not mastermind the whole thing to further demolish the few strands of S6 left standing. It's quite hilarious how after every vote S6 has no idea what hit them.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Also- this might be an unpopular opinion- but I would swear on any family member dead or alive in this game to win $500K. Maybe that makes me a shady/s**tty person- but eh whatever I don't care. 

I'm recalling Jonny Fairplay (??) on Survivor,  who "killed off" his dear old gramma to get ahead in the game. He was the shady/s**ty person of his year when people finally found out.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I think that's a key thing in understanding Sam's actions and motivations like her HOH Rules. I do think she sees herself as the favorite and got that assumption when she got the first app.  I think that's the root of some of her arrogance. Probably not all of it, but a good deal of it.

I also think it's working. I think most of the casuals love Sam. It's only on the feeds that we see the darker side of her. Sort of like Jordan who had a real nasty unpleasant side (especially in BB13) that never made the show.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

There;s a couple issues here. One is that as a game move, it was brilliant on Tyler/Brett's part. However I think there was undoubtedly a real "pick on the ugly girl" complex here. Brett wouldn't do the same thing to, say, Bayeigh and Haleigh because he still enjoys their company and finds them attractive. So basically Brett was making a big game move and being a dick at the same time.

The other issue is that RS has made her insecurities and hangups so known (and broadcasted them so much) that people know they can push her buttons.

I think that Rockstar has made herself unattractive with her attitude and general animosity toward half of the house.  Pretty is as pretty does. 

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think it's working. I think most of the casuals love Sam. It's only on the feeds that we see the darker side of her. Sort of like Jordan who had a real nasty unpleasant side (especially in BB13) that never made the show.

That's why I said before that she reminds me of Donny. A lot of people disagreed, but it's really the same type of appeal. I remember him being very stubborn, inflexible, and not always very pleasant. That's not how he came across on TV.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think it's working. I think most of the casuals love Sam. It's only on the feeds that we see the darker side of her. 

Mmv, but I like her more because of the dark side, not less. Not everything - the financial interviews were asinine - but overall. Probably because I believe everyone has a dark side, and I don't trust people who like to maintain a 100% sweetness and light facade. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Mmv, but I like her more because of the dark side, not less. Not everything - the financial interviews were asinine - but overall. Probably because I believe everyone has a dark side, and I don't trust people who like to maintain a 100% sweetness and light facade. 

I agree - I like her because I don't think she's fake at all.  Everything she tells people, trying to comfort them, I think is 100% sincere.   Many people here don't think she knows how to play the game so there's no reason for her to be fake nice if she doesn't know how to play the game.  And it's ok for someone to get pissed off and say a mean thing about someone every once in awhile.

JC is similar just a little more crude in his way.  He doesn't like to see someone upset and he will try to comfort. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

That's why I said before that she reminds me of Donny. A lot of people disagreed, but it's really the same type of appeal. I remember him being very stubborn, inflexible, and not always very pleasant. That's not how he came across on TV.

I remember Donny on the feeds. He did become stubborn and inflexible but in fairness that was after weeks and weeks of always being shunned and put on slop and nominated. He also had a real personality conflict with Derrick. 

My thing with Sam is she's so bitter and angry sometimes but her position in the house has been secure, she has allies, there's been no one outwardly unpleasant or nasty to her, and this is after she's done some things that in other seasons would have not gone over well, like that night of financial interviews.

I also don't remember Donny constantly talking about how amazing and good he was the way Sam does every day.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I remember Donny on the feeds. He did become stubborn and inflexible but in fairness that was after weeks and weeks of always being shunned and put on slop and nominated. He also had a real personality conflict with Derrick. 

My thing with Sam is she's so bitter and angry sometimes but her position in the house has been secure, she has allies, there's been no one outwardly unpleasant or nasty to her, and this is after she's done some things that in other seasons would have not gone over well, like that night of financial interviews.

I also don't remember Donny constantly talking about how amazing and good he was the way Sam does every day.

Or Donny calling other HGs "fat whores" and then giggling about it to the rest of the Have Not crew.

ETA but unrelated: BB, I will pay you real money (okay, not really) if you put Victoria's crow story on the previous season clips. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

The interesting part about how the houseguests react about Sam is that...none of them seem particularly annoyed with her. In fact, the people I thought would take the biggest issue with Sam's attitude are the ones defending her. Brett/Angela had a conversation about Sam last night and they were both commenting on Sam being in a bad mood yesterday and the day before, but Brett was defending her, saying that he understood that she was stressed out, on slop, and going through nicotine withdrawal, plus with everyone taking advantage of her cooking and cleaning and doing people's hair and makeup for the eviction. And then, after Sam kicking everyone out of her HOH room, he was still fine with that and they both said that she deserved the decompression! 

The only person who visibly doesn't like Sam is Kaitlyn, and it's the oddest thing, since Sam's gotten on my nerves a lot these past two weeks. She can be so rude and awful toward people and yet....either people are biting their tongue, or they aren't really affected by it. 

Sam does get on my nerves a lot. I don't hate her and think she does think she means well, but I'm not really into her anymore. She does have her stronger moments, such as calming Rockstar down and not taking her noise at 2am. But other than that, she can be fairly cruel and she's not this America's Sweetheart. Just let her own her cruel and nasty side, show. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I agree - I like her because I don't think she's fake at all.  Everything she tells people, trying to comfort them, I think is 100% sincere.   Many people here don't think she knows how to play the game so there's no reason for her to be fake nice if she doesn't know how to play the game.  And it's ok for someone to get pissed off and say a mean thing about someone every once in awhile.

Yep. And if it turns out she IS playing - or decides to start at some point - being the designated soother is great jury management. Sort of the antithesis of Paul's parade of bullshit, instigation, and nastiness. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Sam has allies?  No, she really doesn't.  And THAT is the problem.  People are dreaming if they really think Tyler is seriously looking out for her

Tyler is to some degree. I don't know if he would save her over any L5 ally or not. It probably depends on the circumstances. But he definitely wants her making the jury likely because she would almost surely be a vote for him in a finale two against anyone. Once they hit the jury, I think she becomes more expenable to Tyler. He won't personally vote her out, though.

• Love 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, vb68 said:

That was my fave thing about Donny! He was such an undercover bitch in the best way. And like others said, he never called himself the nicest person ever.

This seems so early for noms. And long.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sam does get on my nerves a lot. I don't hate her and think she does think she means well, but I'm not really into her anymore. She does have her stronger moments, such as calming Rockstar down and not taking her noise at 2am. But other than that, she can be fairly cruel and she's not this America's Sweetheart. Just let her own her cruel and nasty side, show. 

I also think oddly production's love of Sam makes those unpleasant sides more obvious on the feeds. The cameras are rarely off Sam. Whereas Angela can go hours without ever making an appearance on camera Sam is there all the time. So the feed watchers really all sides of her, for better or for worse. So it's more frustrating to see the pre-packaged Sam segments on the show. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

And like others said, he never called himself the nicest person ever.

But I think Sam still has the same type of appeal in putting the personal over game playing, "I'm just me" very Southern type of charm.The houseguest you'd want for your neighbor. That's more what I'm getting at- why she might already have the votes locked up for America's Favorite.  

• Love 4
Just now, vb68 said:

But I think Sam still has the same type of appeal in putting the personal over game playing, "I'm just me" very Southern type of charm.The houseguest you'd want for your neighbor. That's more what I'm getting at- why she might already have the votes locked up for America's Favorite.  

I dunno, after her occasional flashes of anger, she might be more the type of neighbour that you see on Fear Thy Neighbour than the one you want to live next to.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, vb68 said:

And that's why I couldn't stand him either....same for Jordan.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Julie Chen: "Did Jocasta refuse to play in a competition because she was sick before or after..."

Ah, memories of Jocasta Poop Watch. 

I also remember Jocasta's exit interview. She said she knew she was getting evicted because "God told her so." Later in another interview she said that she knew because Derrick told her so that day while the feeds were down. 

Which basically summed up BB16.

• Love 5

S6 had the answer on who flipped and then... Kaitlyn conspiracy about Sam's power.  sigh,

What does "S6" stand for? I know L5/L6 is Level 5 or 6 but what does the S stand for in the other alliance?

Yay, a fellow Tyler hater! I'm glad there's someone else out there that hates him.

I don't hate Tyler, or even Brett. But I'm also not ready to say they're brilliant game players. They are simply aware enough to take advantage of the fact that the show casts real idiots. Tyler isn't brilliant because he can manipulate Kaitlyn and Sam. Kaitlyn and Sam are just crazy and stupid, respectively. So it's hard for me to admire either Tyler or Brett's game play. If they were up against anyone with half a brain these things wouldn't be working for them. 

Very similar to what happened with Derrick. It wasn't so much that he was brilliant, it was just that he was working with a bunch of dummies.

• Love 2

Oh, why is Paul on my feeds again? SIGH.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Which might be why she's acting this way but I think it's just the real Sam bubbling out from under the surface of that "I'm so nice and sweet, just a country bumpkin" facade. 

Because don't you know, she's above such petty things as the Head of Household. She's going to remain on slop with the rest of the Have Nots (but she'll drink her champagne)! She's going to put the remote up on the fridge because she's not going to use the spycam! That Sam sure is a nice girl! 

Blech. 

YES. I don't care for her at all. I don't think she has HOH-itis, I think that's just her. And I do kind of love her reclaiming the HOH room. But I seriously cannot stand her whole insistence that everything be light, and fun, in a game like BB. It's really annoying. I kind of hope her power burns her this week, but I have a feeling she's going to go far. Ugh. 

• Love 5

Kaitlyn and Haleigh are on the block I think.

Kaitlyn says she doesn't know what she or Haleigh did to make Sam think they don't respect themselves.  Interesting.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Oh, why is Paul on my feeds again? SIGH.

YES. I don't care for her at all. I don't think she has HOH-itis, I think that's just her. And I do kind of love her reclaiming the HOH room. But I seriously cannot stand her whole insistence that everything be light, and fun, in a game like BB. It's really annoying. I kind of hope her power burns her this week, but I have a feeling she's going to go far. Ugh. 

I actually don't think Sam is really playing to win anymore though. I think she's 100% gunning for America's Favorite prize and also thinking beyond the show. Sometimes I think her insistence on making so many types of food and her HomeEc in the HaveNot Room bits are auditions for post-show TV opportunities.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Kaitlyn and Haleigh are on the block I think.

Kaitlyn says she doesn't know what she or Haleigh did to make Sam think they don't respect themselves.  Interesting.

I'm pretty sure Sam told everyone else but them that they were safe, and it should be no surprise to them. Haleigh knew she was going up. 

I hear Rockstar's still bitching about Brett. She's never gonna let it go.

• Love 1