Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It's kind of weird that Angela after her experiences with gymnastics would choose to go into modeling, a profession even more cutthroat, competitive, and full of abuse.

I think her backround is why she can do modeling. She handles rejection well, is diversified in her pursuits ( has a small printing company),and can stand up for herself or walk away. I feel she has an inner confidence and peace.

• Love 5

I do find it interesting that in spite of Sams anger at Tyler, she never blew his two secrets. She had every opportunity to blab about his cloud power and never did. Lord knows Rockstar has speculated about it endlessly to her. She always changes the subject.

and she has never outed him as a BB superfan which could really damage his game considering everyone thinks he doesn’t know BB that well.

She has also not revealed that Brett and Tyler’s argument was completely fake.

So, as messed up as she is, she obviously has a sense of honor about keeping secrets.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

I do find it interesting that in spite of Sams anger at Tyler, she never blew his two secrets. She had every opportunity to blab about his cloud power and never did. Lord knows Rockstar has speculated about it endlessly to her. She always changes the subject.

and she has never outed him as a BB superfan which could really damage his game considering everyone thinks he doesn’t know BB that well.

She has also not revealed that Brett and Tyler’s argument was completely fake.

So, as messed up as she is, she obviously has a sense of honor about keeping secrets.

I think she's also in love with him. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, gunderda said:

And does she NEVER wash her hair?? Because I can't believe that color has lasted this long.  Unless Sam has been dying it each week. 

It's weird. For that color, she probably would've had to bleach her hair first and then color it that bright hue. But she clearly has roots, so she's not touching it up and if she's not touching it up, I would assume she's not coloring what's not new growth, too. Plus, where is she getting any of these supplies from? I could swear past women got hair color in HOH baskets, but I don't know about other times?

But yeah, the color is so vibrant that it's actually distracting me to wonder how it could be after this long. It could be a combo of not washing as frequently with using a shampoo/conditioner for colored hair when she does. But still, that purpley color should be way duller and more faded than it is and it mystifies me.

As you can tell, I worked in a salon for a good while once upon a time.

• Love 1

Angela also said she had the Female Athletic Triad (?) - her coach was obsessed with the team having zero body fat, and she was basically anorexic because of it. She didn't have a menstrual cycle. And she had osteoporosis. I believe this was after gymnastics, while she was pole vaulting but maybe I got the timeline wrong. 

Her story also explains why she seems so even-keeled no matter what happens. She's a competitor, but also knows there's a limit and has been through much worse. 

ETA: She also told Sam that she wouldn't shave her head for 500k (Sam was in disbelief!) because she loves her job. So she isn't bloodthirsty for money. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 6

I'm a huge gymnastics stan so I love Angela even more after hearing her background.

I can't even fathom how cool it would be if a former college gymnast that I knew of was in the Big Brother house.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 1

Truthfully, Tyler shouldn't take Angela down, that way he stays true to telling Hay that he would "leave the noms the same if he won Hacker of Veto".

Or would Angela run the risk of getting evicted if she were against NotStar? Kaycee better to put up if he does use it?

Tyler has his app for what, 1 more week then it has expired?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Her mother pushed her in gymnastics to the point she had no childhood.  She remembers doing homework until 2 am and she knew that was the time because the street sweeper came by at the same time every morning. She would cry knowing she only had 4 hours left to sleep.   She got too tall for gymnastics so decided to do pole vaulting because she found that many former gymnasts went to that sport when they grew too tall.  That is part one.  Listening to part 2 now. 

Thank you for that (incredibly depressing) recap - poor Angela. :( No wonder she's so good at being the Ice Queen. I take Little Girls In Pretty Boxes as gospel, and one of the core points there was that showing weakness in front of already tyrannical parents and/or coaches = very, very bad.

25 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Around 2:30ish this morning in the HOH room: 

Scottie speculating Kaycee, Angela, and Tyler are in an alliance and have been working together from the beginning. Kaitlyn was a shield that was used to take out Swaggy and then taken out when she became a liability.

"we are giving them too much credit" - Haleigh 

Sweetie. Pumpkin. I suppose I should implore you to stop snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but since I'm a fan of the other side... keep up the good work!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

For once I kinda wish there was a way to get the votes NOT in L6's favor.  RS is better for team good feeds. 

And does she NEVER wash her hair?? Because I can't believe that color has lasted this long.  Unless Sam has been dying it each week. 

I think Rockstar did get some hair dye like a week or two ago before the live show and Sam did it for her. I remember them talking about it and being surprised because it used to be that hair dye was something you got when you won HoH. I'm pretty sure they just slapped it on top of the old colour and didn't touch the roots. 

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

I don't think she meant the feeds. I think she meant what is shown on the TV shown.  Sam likes to play this naive little girl but she's pretty knowledgable about pop culture and likely well aware of how a tv show could be edited to portray you.

Okay but here's my problem with that: Sam claims that she's never seen a single second of a single minute of a single episode of a single season. She is downright adamant about it. It's why I keep accusing her of playing a long con. But let's say I believe Sam and she really never has seen the show. Then she would have no idea what the audience is, what the editing is like, how the show is presented and would have no idea how she's coming across - unless she's one of those weirdly naive people that think they don't edit reality shows to fit the narrative the show wants to push? 

Big Brother editing is different from other reality competition shows IMO. Because it happens on the fly, it's influenced sometimes by what we see happen and react to on the feeds, and because it doesn't matter who you are or how you come across on the feeds, they can - and have - changed the narrative to fit what Production wants (case in point: Evel Dick). 

Really, I just want Sam to stop railing on and on about these 10 year old girls who are watching her and looking up to her. This isn't American Ninja Warrior where you need to top the sob story that came before you in order to get some airtime. This is Big Brother. As Raven learned, this isn't the place for sob stories and inspirational messages. This is the place where you hold onto a slippery wiener for dear life while getting pelted with mustard and ketchup and where we point and laugh at the ineptitude of The Hive. 

Sam's gonna be heartbroken when there isn't a crowd of ten year old girls holding sparkly signs saying "We <3 Sam!" waiting for her when the show is over and everyone is heading home. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

It's weird. For that color, she probably would've had to bleach her hair first and then color it that bright hue. But she clearly has roots, so she's not touching it up and if she's not touching it up, I would assume she's not coloring what's not new growth, too. Plus, where is she getting any of these supplies from? I could swear past women got hair color in HOH baskets, but I don't know about other times?

But yeah, the color is so vibrant that it's actually distracting me to wonder how it could be after this long. It could be a combo of not washing as frequently with using a shampoo/conditioner for colored hair when she does. But still, that purpley color should be way duller and more faded than it is and it mystifies me.

As you can tell, I worked in a salon for a good while once upon a time.

I can only remember once when RS got new hair dye and it was at least 3 weeks ago - her original color faded quite a bit. And when RS actually does her hair (on Thursdays) it looks SO good and I get super jealous that it's holding in her hair this long. I do know she left it on a pretty long time though. 

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

A lot of people with colored hair don't wash it that often so yea there is that. Also, Sam has dyed it at least once.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think Rockstar did get some hair dye like a week or two ago before the live show and Sam did it for her. I remember them talking about it and being surprised because it used to be that hair dye was something you got when you won HoH. I'm pretty sure they just slapped it on top of the old colour and didn't touch the roots. 

Sam did the roots too but since that's her natural color I don't think it stuck quite as well or obviously looks darker, but her bleached part looks way good for being done 2-3 weeks ago. Normally that shit fades so fast.  I watched Sam do it for RS that day.

• Love 1
Just now, gunderda said:

Sam did the roots too but since that's her natural color I don't think it stuck quite as well or obviously looks darker, but her bleached part looks way good for being done 2-3 weeks ago. Normally that shit fades so fast.  I watched Sam do it for RS that day.

Oh don't tell me that. I've been growing out my Rachel Reilly red in order to do galaxy hair soon. 

• Love 2

Sam was telling Angela and Kaycee how she feels crappy from not sleeping and eating like shit.   Maybe she has multiple personality disorder and switches personalities and talks shit to people and then switched back to nice sam having no recollection of saying certain things to people.

half joking half serious. 

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Oh don't tell me that. I've been growing out my Rachel Reilly red in order to do galaxy hair soon. 

cold showers or no showers!  I just can't do it.   I did a really pretty purple shadow root back in December.  That maybe lasted a week.  Then a couple months ago I did a copper/pink color and it lasted longer but no more than a month. I love my hot and daily showers lol 

I think RS is talking to tyler about the votes but I can't get myself to switch to it. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Victim Noises said:

I'm a huge gymnastics stan so I love Angela even more after hearing her background.

I can't even fathom how cool it would be if a former college gymnast that I knew of was in the Big Brother house.

Maybe Shawn or Nastia will end up on CBB. 

15 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Thank you for that (incredibly depressing) recap - poor Angela. :( No wonder she's so good at being the Ice Queen. I take Little Girls In Pretty Boxes as gospel, and one of the core points there was that showing weakness in front of already tyrannical parents and/or coaches = very, very bad.

They are rereleasing Little Girls in Pretty Boxes with a forward by Jamie Dantzscher.  Lifetime did a movie in the late 90's based on the book.  Very little has changed.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Sam was telling Angela and Kaycee how she feels crappy from not sleeping and eating like shit.   Maybe she has multiple personality disorder and switches personalities and talks shit to people and then switched back to nice sam having no recollection of saying certain things to people.

half joking half serious. 

But it wouldn't be "nice Sam" and "evil Sam."  It would be Sam (sweet at times, or angry or sad or happy or whatever) and then an "alter" personality...or two or three or more.  The alters would not be Sam.  Sam would remember the moments in her life when she is herself.  Typically, when a person goes into an alter personality, they have a blackout and don't remember anything that happened while the alter is active.  The alter could be a different age or gender, speak in a completely different voice (which, yes, I know people have mentioned her accent changing), and present him/herself with totally different mannerisms, likes, and dislikes than the actual person.  

It's hard to explain and movies do a crappy job of presenting what it's really like (although Sybil was good).  I had a relative with the disorder and I only observed it twice that I know of, which was incredible considering how often I was in the presence of the relative.  I may have observed it more than that, but I was young and probably wouldn't have been sure of what I was witnessing until I got older and it was explained to me.  

I think we could find out that something is going on with Sam.  It's just hard to tell with the edits and game play.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Oh so echo this.  I purely loved the Hay/Tyler pre-nom conversation - when Tyler went to Hailey and flat-out said, “Look - after you Hacker-nommed me, we both know we’re gunning for each other now, and you have HoH this week.  I know you’re putting me OTB sometime, so... are you nomming me outright, or are you BD’ing me?  And what are the strategic implications for both of us of either move?”  Even if you don’t like Tyler, you had to love THAT.  :)

I think Tyler’s manner-of-fact approach absolutely took Hay by surprise, and her “I’m considering NOT putting you up” response was telling; Hay was being cagey, but she obviously viewed the notion of NOT nomming Tyler as the remotest of possibilities - and Tyler both recognized and accepted that, calmly and without the usual histrionics.  Stellar.

This, 100%. I know the feeds and the show would be boring if everyone were able to ice-game their way through it, but I do so very much appreciate those who can!!

19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Really, I just want Sam to stop railing on and on about these 10 year old girls who are watching her and looking up to her. This isn't American Ninja Warrior where you need to top the sob story that came before you in order to get some airtime. This is Big Brother. As Raven learned, this isn't the place for sob stories and inspirational messages. This is the place where you hold onto a slippery wiener for dear life while getting pelted with mustard and ketchup and where we point and laugh at the ineptitude of The Hive. 

They really should have that calligraphied on the wall where half these people have "Live Laugh Love" at home. Such a perfect encapsulation of the gravity of their situation...

14 minutes ago, gunderda said:

cold showers or no showers!  I just can't do it.   I did a really pretty purple shadow root back in December.  That maybe lasted a week.  Then a couple months ago I did a copper/pink color and it lasted longer but no more than a month. I love my hot and daily showers lol 

I dye my natural sunshine blonde (which looks fake af because I am a level ten daywalker) hair, a cherry coke ish auburn. I shower every day, but only wash my hair two or three times a week, and my dye holds on pretty well with bimonthly touch ups. But that might be because I don't have to bleach first?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

But it wouldn't be "nice Sam" and "evil Sam."  It would be Sam (sweet at times, or angry or sad or happy or whatever) and then an "alter" personality...or two or three or more.  The alters would not be Sam.  Sam would remember the moments in her life when she is herself.  Typically, when a person goes into an alter personality, they have a blackout and don't remember anything that happened while the alter is active.  The alter could be a different age or gender, speak in a completely different voice (which, yes, I know people have mentioned her accent changing), and present him/herself with totally different mannerisms, likes, and dislikes than the actual person.  

It's hard to explain and movies do a crappy job of presenting what it's really like (although Sybil was good).  I had a relative with the disorder and I only observed it twice that I know of, which was incredible considering how often I was in the presence of the relative.  I may have observed it more than that, but I was young and probably wouldn't have been sure of what I was witnessing until I got older and it was explained to me.  

I think we could find out that something is going on with Sam.  It's just hard to tell with the edits and game play.  

But it's almost like she has no idea that she essentially called Haleigh and Kaitlyn hussy's or that she went into a fit of rage about Angela eating healthy all the time. Because she goes back to those same exact people and talks against what she was preaching.  That's why it's reminding me of the disorder. 

2 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

They really should have that calligraphied on the wall where half these people have "Live Laugh Love" at home. Such a perfect encapsulation of the gravity of their situation...

... damn it, I'm already making up a crochet pattern to mimic that one emoji pillow in the house (the one that looks like it's pixelated) and now I'm gonna have to come up with a cross stitch pattern to hang in my kitchen. I never did finish last year's VICTIM NOISES cross stitch. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

This, 100%. I know the feeds and the show would be boring if everyone were able to ice-game their way through it, but I do so very much appreciate those who can!!

I dye my natural sunshine blonde (which looks fake af because I am a level ten daywalker) hair, a cherry coke ish auburn. I shower every day, but only wash my hair two or three times a week, and my dye holds on pretty well with bimonthly touch ups. But that might be because I don't have to bleach first?

Yea the more 'normal' colors tend to hold really well because they're permanent.  The non-normal colors (pink/purple/blue/green, etc...) are semi-permanent so they're harder to maintain.  I used to put a lot of red in my hair and I was always told not to wash as long as possible and use cold showers and it would last longer.  But red sticks in my hair really well. But I've also seen kids that get the fun colors and it lasts forever in their hair also so essentially it all just depends on a person's hair. 

I did a 'lilac' last fall which was more of a purple blue and it faded to this awful awful green. 

we are onto clips

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

... damn it, I'm already making up a crochet pattern to mimic that one emoji pillow in the house (the one that looks like it's pixelated) and now I'm gonna have to come up with a cross stitch pattern to hang in my kitchen. I never did finish last year's VICTIM NOISES cross stitch. 

Hey, you've talked about not working and being bored, I'm just trying to help a sister out! :D

• Love 1

Callaphera, I need to take you behind the bleachers and get you pregnant....your perspective on Sandi Griffith is SPOT ON!

When my phone wasn't acting a complete ass this weekend, I read all the posts to keep in the loop; you in particular had one about Sam that I wanted so bad to co-sign on but was afraid of the stupid phone.

I truly believe she's conning us and all this victim/naive bullshit is a pathetic attempt for attention.  Like it was mentioned, if she were serious about wishing herself dead I'm sure Production would have snatched her ass out of the game.

Bottom line either play the game or D-the-fuck-OR!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Victim Noises said:

Victim, did you see this video of 16yo angela?

Edited by missyb
7 minutes ago, missyb said:

Victim, did you see this video of 16yo angela?

Yes I did. Seems like she was right at the level to be recruited by the mid-tier gymnastics schools that were interested in her.

Staying in gymnastics when you've grown to 5'10" is seriously NO JOKE LOL. It's really hard the taller you get.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 1

I wonder if Angela's experiences in gymnastics explains her randomly hostile attitudes towards other women. I know in elite gymnastics gymnasts are often pitted against each other with the idea of making them "tougher." Shannon Miller was notorious for tattling to the coaches that she saw this or that gymnast eating or drinking water. Angela behind the cold exterior seems to have some trust issues regarding women as in she doesn't think friendship from women (Bay, Rachel) could be genuine.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I read that an immediately thought of Rachel saying "I definitely want to jump on those big weiners!"

• Love 1

Truthfully, Tyler shouldn't take Angela down, that way he stays true to telling Hay that he would "leave the noms the same if he won Hacker of Veto".

Why is he even using it? What's the point? Angela comes down and Kaycee goes up . . . what's the difference? It's still one L6 player against Rockstar, and Tyler has showed his hand to Haleigh, Faysal, and Scottie. What's in this for him? Or Level 6, for that matter?

Tylers DR's are great. He is laughing with us. 

Uh, I'm not part of "us," clearly. There's something about him and Brett laughing at how stupid the other people are that rubs me the wrong way. I just find it distasteful somehow. Yeah, Haleigh and Co. are dummies, but crowing about how you're taking advantage of dummies isn't a great look IMO. "Look at me! They're stupid and I'm taking advantage of them! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" 

Yeah, no.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Uh, I'm not part of "us," clearly. There's something about him and Brett laughing at how stupid the other people are that rubs me the wrong way. I just find it distasteful somehow. Yeah, Haleigh and Co. are dummies, but crowing about how you're taking advantage of dummies isn't a great look IMO. "Look at me! They're stupid and I'm taking advantage of them! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" 

Yeah, no.

But that's exactly what Haleigh/Rockstar have been doing all week, especially after thinking that Tyler will use the Veto on Rockstar. I've come to accept that that's just Big Brother. Everyone will trash talk and talk about other HGs at some point (there's almost nothing else to think about in there!). I'm just happy this season seems to be tame compared to other seasons - like others have pointed out, there's no shunning - they all still hang out, cook dinner for each other, etc.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Odds that the feeds come back and Sam is Samming?

If she's flipping her shit in the DR, does that count as Samming? Or only flipping her shit in the house / to another houseguest?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Tylers DR's are great. He is laughing with us. 

Uh, I'm not part of "us," clearly. There's something about him and Brett laughing at how stupid the other people are that rubs me the wrong way.

THIS!  I find Poodlehead to be a smug little fucker and Brett is no better.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Why is he even using it? What's the point? Angela comes down and Kaycee goes up . . . what's the difference? It's still one L6 player against Rockstar, and Tyler has showed his hand to Haleigh, Faysal, and Scottie. What's in this for him? Or Level 6, for that matter?

Kaycee is more liked than Angela.  L6 thinks that Kaycee on the block is more likely to guarantee that RS goes home.  Also, JC is less likely to flip with Kaycee vs RS.  Tyler using the veto is just him returning the favor for Angela using it on him.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, missyb said:

Just yeck! Watching Paul's piss poor smug bossy face in the reruns. Hated the season.

I wonder if the popularity of this season showed Production including Vets in the cast is not better. I hope so.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think it's more like the WAY they're smugging is sort of boring. Brett has more of a sense of humor than Tyler but in order for this kind of thing to work, you need someone more witty and able to laugh about the situation in a way where the viewers are laughing with you.

Exhibit A:

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Slider said:

Kaycee is more liked than Angela.  L6 thinks that Kaycee on the block is more likely to guarantee that RS goes home.  Also, JC is less likely to flip with Kaycee vs RS.  Tyler using the veto is just him returning the favor for Angela using it on him.  

And Kaycee still thinks she'd probably have Sam's vote, whereas Angela definitely would not. I think she's definitely wrong there, but Sam has talked about helping her game as much as she could, so I can't really blame her for thinking that.

I also prefer bragging about your game moves over ranting about privilege and worth. I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot of that the next couple days.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5

When RS was running down her hit list to Sam the other day, Sam was like she's not sure she could vote out KC, Brett or Tyler in her scenarios. So could be a slight chance that Sam may just decide to vote out RS. Either way, I look forward to seeing Fessy's expression on Thursday when the votes are read. 

• Love 4

Sam and RS having a smoke

sam to RS "going into next week... angela and brett are bigger targets than you"  RS "if i get to stay" 

Sam "I feel like you have the vote... but i don't know for sure...."

Sam "stay positive - like we talked about"

sam "i think it was meant to happen this way.. and it will be alright"

maybe she will take this one better than Bayleigh's eviction?

• Love 2