Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Brett, Angela, and Winston are in the storage room talking.  They are convinced that Faysal is behind Scottie's nominations.  And the fact that Brett and Winston are even entertaining the possibility that Scottie put up Winston as a pawn is laughable.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Sam is pitching herself to Scottie as a replacement nominee.  Tyler is in the room, too.

Tyler has also thrown out Kaitlyn as a possibility because she nominated Scottie.

Sam says Tyler and Scottie are her two favorite people in the house.

This is such a weird dynamic. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

Angela is also talking about why it would be better for Sam to use her power this week before it expires.  She says it would be bad if she doesn't use it this week and then one of Winston's side gets HOH during that 4th week.

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Angela is also talking about why it would be better for Sam to use her power this week before it expires.  She says it would be bad if she doesn't use it this week and then one of Winston's side gets HOH during that 4th week.

I knew this would come up. Surprised it took this long.

• Love 1

Sam is putting Winston in the same category as she put Swaggy.  She says if you agree to work with him, you agree to lose to him.  She doesn't like how Brett and Winston have made mean comments about other people in her presence.  She says she's made note of that.

Sam, Tyler, and Scottie are making some pinky promise right now (an alliance?) about the 3 of them.

• Love 2
(edited)

She's pitching an alliance of Tyler, her, and Scottie for "a long time."

So much for all her protestations that she's really not interested in playing.  

Tyler must be going "Oh fuck...." in his head right now. This is another complication he doesn't need..

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3

Sam says that Tyler and Scottie are her 2 favorites since day one.

What are the odds that Sam will use her power if Winston or Brett or anyone else from Level 6 gets evicted?  She seems really anti-Winston.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

What are the odds that Sam will use her power if Winston or Brett or anyone else from Level 6 gets evicted?  She seems really anti-Winston.

She wants to be a replacement and she said "trust me."  I missed if they came to any conclusion on that, though.

I'm not really liking Sam in this conversation. She's coming off very judgmental and rather hypocritical IMHO. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5

Scottie:  "Sam smiles and I melt."  Prior to that he was saying to her that he doesn't know how it is that she is the only person who seems to be able to get him to do what whatever she wants.

• Love 2

I think it's because he knows she's the only person who tells him things without any ulterior motives because she doesn't HAVE a plan at ALL at the moment besides "hey, let's everyone be cool to each other," which is nice, but it sure ain't a plan for winning Big Brother.

• Love 1

There was zero mention of Rachel when Winston, Angela, and Brett were in the storage room earlier and Winston brought up Angela playing in the veto comp.  Winston told her that it would be safest for Angela to play in the veto comp and if that were the case, it would be best for Winston to throw it to her so she could use it on him and they'd both be safe then.  Did it not occur to the 3 of them that Rachel would go up against Brett in that scenario?  Because Scottie said to Tyler and Sam that Rachel and Angela told Scottie they'd do whatever he wants and he says he'll put the other one up if Angela or Rachel actually use the veto.  I don't think he told Angela and Rachel what will happen to them if they use it.  If he did, Angela didn't mention it to Brett and Winston during their storage room convo tonight.

6 minutes ago, zorak said:

Because Scottie said to Tyler and Sam that Rachel and Angela told Scottie they'd do whatever he wants and he says he'll put the other one up if Angela or Rachel actually use the veto. 

We will see. I think Sam might still demand to go up.  I never heard Scottie directly say "No."

15 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, you better believe Tyler is throwing that veto

It's more than that. Sam has really boxed him in during his whole conversation, and he's basically stuck with this three person alliance that's going to require Houdini to work around.

For someone who (falsely) claims to not want to actively play the game, Sam knows how to make a giant mess. First throwing Winston under the bus last night and now with Tyler.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, urusai said:

I so wanted the swaggy shirts he threw to the audience to get thrown back at him.

I'm a wrestling fan (Please be kind and don't judge...) and when Chris did that I had a flashback to when John Cena threw his t-shirt out into the crowd in Philly.  This being Philly (The same people who booed Santa Claus and threw ice balls at him) the fan that caught the shirt turned around wiped his butt on the shirt and threw it back at Cena.  Now I would have loved to see that happen to Swaggy.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:58 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Also, note a pattern of the flipper winning HOH that very night.

It's two for two.

That was the first thing that ran through my mind as well.  It's good to flip.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, Nashville said:

Maybe he and Survivor’s Donathan should go bowling.

There is no reason for me to laugh so hard at this, but I pictured it in my mind and I could not stop laughing.  Thank you for that.  Donathan FTW!

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, zorak said:

Faysal was briefly rocking the Flock of Seagulls hair.

Faysal hair.png

You forced me to favorite your comment.  How could I not favorite any comment about Flock of Seagulls?  Oddly enough I was watching that video on YouTube the other day.  I can't help it I am an 80's kid and I have a thing for cheesy New Wave music.

• Love 5

Watching Winston blow up his game on BBAD. Remembering how he claimed to be such a mastermind and comp fiend when he first came in to the house and now seeing that he’s never come close to winning anything, his social game sucks and when he gets nominated, he does exactly the worse possible thing and threatens the HOH! JC couldn’t believe his stupidity and seemed truly appalled. All Brett has to do now is lay low because by the end of the week, no one will vote to keep Winston.

• Love 2
(edited)

So - does Sam have a martyr complex, is she playing a really REALLY deep game, or is she simply that itchy to use her Power App?  I’m guessing the third, because it’s the only option where Sam begging Scottie to use her as a renom makes even half a shred of sense.  Overtly burning the App directly communicates to the other HGs that Sam had AND used it, and eliminates (or severely reduces, anyway) any targeting born of paranoia.

Of course it also means Sam has to win some kind of comp, or she’s out of the House for good.

So there’s THAT.  :P

Edited by Nashville
Editor went nuts and triple-posted. :P
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, zorak said:

Rockstar really has a hate on for Brett.  Her voice just drips with hatred every time she says his name.  Part of me wants Winston to be evicted and then have Brett win HOH and throw her on the block.  I would love to see her reaction to his douchey planned speech he was talking about a few days ago in which he will say that he's nominating her for all the good looking guys who have been bullied by girls like her. 

It's not even just because he called her a floater (she's not quite a floater, but just useless in general). I think it's because he told her straight up that he wasn't attracted to her a while back. I don't think she liked that very much, especially with him flirting with half of the other girls. 

7 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Rockstar is lucky that she's with a group of rather inert personalities because I could see how some actual minorities could start to find her "woke" thing offensive. She acts like she has to suffer the effects of prejudice and bigotry every day. She doesn't. At the end of the day she's a white hipsterish chick. The most people will think about her is that she's quirky. It's just a horrible look on anyone and I can't believe she doesn't have the self-awareness to realize that no, she doesn't have to face Islamophobic prejudices the way Fessy probably does.

Yeah, I think Rockstar displays some "white saviour" bullshit, as if she's part of the "in crowd" with the minorities. Which, girl, no. You're simply just an ally. Stop making it seem like you know the struggles. 

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

So - does Sam have a martyr complex, is she playing a really REALLY deep game, or is she simply that itchy to use her Power App?  I’m guessing the third, because it’s the only option where Sam begging Scottie to use her as a renom makes even half a shred of sense.  Overtly burning the App directly communicates to the other HGs that Sam had AND used it, and eliminates (or severely reduces, anyway) any targeting born of paranoia.

Of course it also means Sam has to win some kind of comp, or she’s out of the House for good.

So there’s THAT.  :P

It KINDA makes sense. This week, the power is in Sam's control. Next week, the power is essentially not hers anymore. She wants to have the choice in using the power. Plus, she's not going home next week, no matter what. The only upside to her saving her power this week is because nobody knows it can be used next week. Most of them think it's only good for three weeks. 

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Oh man, I'd love to see a Sam HoH, if only because she would be hard pressed to actually nominate anyone. "Can I just skip this week, please?"

To imagine we almost came close to a Sam HOH last week!

Also, she's been doing quite well in the comps. She hasn't gotten last since that first comp and the HOH comp.

• Love 6

Y’all, why was Sam in that tiny space behind the bed on the floor in the HOH room when she was in there with Tyler and Scottie? 

The meeting was awkward from start to finish; Sam hiding from the cameras (quite unsuccessfully) added an entire jar’s worth of maraschino cherry weirdness. 

And then there’s Haleigh and Nonstar...they’re both toxic and need to go. 

• Love 2

DR obviously trying to influence Sam because this came out of nowhere. 

I don't think Sam understands the game very well. She says she only trusts Tyler and Scottie yet wants to totally screw over Scottie's week as HOH. She makes no sense. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

So - does Sam have a martyr complex, is she playing a really REALLY deep game, or is she simply that itchy to use her Power App?  I’m guessing the third, because it’s the only option where Sam begging Scottie to use her as a renom makes even half a shred of sense.  

Don't forget she was trying to force Tyler and Scottie into an official alliance with her, which is fine, but goes against everything she's been saying. She's playing the game.  

1 hour ago, cork dork said:

Y’all, why was Sam in that tiny space behind the bed on the floor in the HOH room when she was in there with Tyler and Scottie? 

The meeting was awkward from start to finish; Sam hiding from the cameras (quite unsuccessfully) added an entire jar’s worth of maraschino cherry weirdness. 

And then there’s Haleigh and Nonstar...they’re both toxic and need to go. 

I didn’t understand Sam’s motive of wanting to be the replacement nom. Is it to keep one of the Bros and herself safe? But wouldn’t that anger Scottie? But there is no guarantee who will be coming back into the house next week, so it would be advantageous for her to use the power this week. I’m sooooo confused!!! LOL!

Ugh! Nonstar! LOL! She can go anytime now. Smug Rockstar is awful. 

Does Haileigh not like Rachel just because of Fessy? It doesn’t make sense. She can go too.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

But there is no guarantee who will be coming back into the house next week, so it would be advantageous for her to use the power this week. I’m sooooo confused!!! LOL!

I don't see how it's advantageous to get yourself voted out and *then* have to win a challenge to get back into the house vs keeping yourself safe and letting it happen next week.

It's not like Sam has any huge enemies in the house (outside of maybe Rachel). Why would she care if someone came back into the house?

• Love 3

Jokers has a conversation between Tyler and Sam, that I did not see, after the HOH meeting with Scottie where she said this...

Sam then explains that the problem with waiting until next week is that it will just be offered to whoever leaves and nobody will know that it WAS hers, and since they've told people she has it she would have to explain that she doesn't anymore. Which would make me look like a liar because people will think she didn't really have it or for as long as they thought.

Sam confirms that she promised the power to Kaitlyn if she goes this week.

....it still doesn't make sense. But that's what she's thinking.

• Love 1

I think it *kind of* makes sense. She wants to use it and get credit for using it. 

What doesn't make sense is wanting to use it on herself by choice. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I think it *kind of* makes sense. She wants to use it and get credit for using it. 

What doesn't make sense is wanting to use it on herself by choice. 

Exactly. 

I'm sure the challenge to get back in is relatively easy but there's still no reason to risk it.

Assuming one of the bros comes down after the veto and Kaitlyn is the replacement, I don't think Scottie is gonna be cool with the house voting out Kaitlyn so Sam can use her power.

• Love 2

Tyler: The thing I'd be worried about this week is if you do go up against a bro, and YOU get evicted then you come back and both bros are still here - then Scottie finds out that you had this power and used it on yourself he will be upset.
Sam: Then we should tell Scottie that I have the power.
Tyler: NO! You should tell Scottie not to put you on the block!
Sam: I really think it would be ok, against Brett I'm sure people would vote him out.
Tyler: I think that Brett may have more alliances or ties than you think. He's good with a lot of people.
Sam: How is that possible? 
Tyler: That's what people do.

Via Jokers.

Good god, Sam is a mess.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, zorak said:

Bayleigh, Haleigh, and Rockstar are discussing the advantages of keeping Winston.  If they keep Winston, they're planning on putting him on the block every single time until he snaps.

Beautiful!

9 hours ago, Imhere said:

They all seem like floaters to me besides Tyler and Kaitlyn.

I'd say Tyler and Kaitlyn are like the biggest floaters. Despite what Rachel Reilly believes, a floater doesn't mean 'doesn't win comps.'

8 hours ago, zorak said:

There was zero mention of Rachel when Winston, Angela, and Brett were in the storage room earlier and Winston brought up Angela playing in the veto comp.  Winston told her that it would be safest for Angela to play in the veto comp and if that were the case, it would be best for Winston to throw it to her so she could use it on him and they'd both be safe then.  Did it not occur to the 3 of them that Rachel would go up against Brett in that scenario?  Because Scottie said to Tyler and Sam that Rachel and Angela told Scottie they'd do whatever he wants and he says he'll put the other one up if Angela or Rachel actually use the veto.  I don't think he told Angela and Rachel what will happen to them if they use it.  If he did, Angela didn't mention it to Brett and Winston during their storage room convo tonight.

I don't think those 3 really give a shit about Rachel. They'd drop her first for sure. And yet there's Rachel being the biggest Level 6 champion of them all. She'd probably evict herself before any of them. It's kinda sad.

8 hours ago, vb68 said:

For someone who (falsely) claims to not want to actively play the game, Sam knows how to make a giant mess. First throwing Winston under the bus last night and now with Tyler.

I love it. She's like an agent of chaos.

1 hour ago, vb68 said:

Don't forget she was trying to force Tyler and Scottie into an official alliance with her, which is fine, but goes against everything she's been saying. She's playing the game.  

I realzied that Sam's "Aw shucks, I'm not even playing this game!" was a fraud when she very clearly threw this past HOH.

50 minutes ago, Cutty said:

It's not like Sam has any huge enemies in the house (outside of maybe Rachel).

Wait, what?! Why is Rachel Sam's enemy? We were just discussing yesterday how odd it is that Sam would save Angela over Rachel since Rachel was so kind to her during the robot punishment. I haven't seen anything about Sam hating Rachel, but maybe she does and her not naming her as someone she would save actually made sense. What happened that made them enemies?

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, vb68 said:

So, you’re in the Option 2 camp then?

35 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

I didn’t understand Sam’s motive of wanting to be the replacement nom. Is it to keep one of the Bros and herself safe? But wouldn’t that anger Scottie? But there is no guarantee who will be coming back into the house next week, so it would be advantageous for her to use the power this week. I’m sooooo confused!!! LOL!

On the surface at least, Sam appears to be trying to do Scottie a favor by offering herself up as an automatic  Block renom should either Brett or Winston come off the Block - thereby saving Scottie from having to get more BOHH by nomming yet another HG, who might hold the nom against Scottie.  

Thing is, though, Scottie already has an automatic and relatively bloodless renom - Kaitlyn, who is an easy renom target because she put Scottie OTB last week.  Heck, Scottie has even already told Chakra Con so; before the Nom Ceremony when K asked if she (K) was going OTB, Scottie told her only if necessary as a post-PoV replacement nom.  So what little blood that nom might get on Scottie’s hands has already been shed.

Scottie also seems extremely uncomfortable with the notion of nomming Sam, and I can’t blame him.  Outside of Steve, Sam appears (to me, anyway) to be the only HG for whom Scottie has developed a relationship which is at least as strong socially as it is strategically.  Scottie doesn’t want Sam in jeopardy and has said so pretty emphatically, so Sam’s pressuring Scottie to promise Sam will be his renom if necessary is... kinda weird, to say the least.

On a final note: no HG is an island, and that includes Sam.  Has Sam considered the notion her risky move might negatively impact the games of those she calls friends?  Or is that part of some deeper, Machiavellian design of Sam’s we’ve yet to see?

I REALLY wish P.tv had an option to allow user polls.  :)

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

On a final note: no HG is an island, and that includes Sam.  Has Sam considered the notion her risky move might negatively impact the games of those she calls friends?  Or is that part of some deeper, Machiavellian design of Sam’s we’ve yet to see?

Unless you know all their secrets ( looking at you Tyler) Sam doesn't know she may be hurting Tyler. At this point, Tyler is so lucky the Bros have not told Scottie that it was Tyler who asked  them vote to keep Sam. I have this weird feeling its because they think it was their own idea !

ETA: If Sam did want to use the power as a strategy, she could be the renom, use it on herself, and eviction is null and void . She can say I didnt know that no one would go home ! I thought for sure everyone would vote WInston or Brett out. Who turned on me ?! She fulfills a reciprocal favor to the bros for keeping her and on to next week. 

Edited by missyb
(edited)

Now, if they somehow get wind of Bays power, if they can flush it out with an HOH win. Nominate two from her side, she changes noms, which they know she will do and then Sam uses her power, after votes are read.

Could be interesting if they hear about this power before Monday.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cutty said:

DR obviously trying to influence Sam because this came out of nowhere. 

Might be a possibility....

2 hours ago, Cutty said:

I don't think Sam understands the game very well. She says she only trusts Tyler and Scottie yet wants to totally screw over Scottie's week as HOH. She makes no sense. 

I honestly don’t think Sam sees it that way; rather, I believe Sam thinks she’s doing Scottie a favor by (a) giving him a renom option who absolutely will not hold the nom against him, and (b) stands a better chance than most of ensuring one of Scottie’s original noms leaves the House.

Another possible reason: Sam has already decided she has zero chance to win this game, and therefore wants to get back to her old life ASAP - but doesn’t want to blow her stipend by DOR’ing.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Nashville said:

So, you’re in the Option 2 camp then?

I think she's Forrest Gumping it more than playing some sort of Deep game.  I'm not sure she understands the game well enough for that. But Peachy's Agent of Chaos theory works too.  Basically I just think she's a hot mess.

• Love 7

Winston was in the kitchen talking to Angela and Sam telling him about a dream he had last night.  In the dream all of the BB houseguests were at Angela's parents' house having a party.  Then the next day Brett was showing Winston photos on an iPhone and he said the two of them were dying laughing looking at basically naked photos of themselves.  He said it was a very real dream.  

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I think she's Forrest Gumping it more than playing some sort of Deep game.  I'm not sure she understands the game well enough for that. But Peachy's Agent of Chaos theory works too.  Basically I just think she's a hot mess.

I’ll agree with you on the ‘hot’ part; heck, if I weren’t already married I’d probably be in the running for her next TRO. ;>

Regarding your AoC notion: may be just me, but I honestly don’t think Sam is purely pushing wood here.  I can’t yet see a coherent strategy which would explain Sam’s actions - and there very well may not be one - but I sense there’s something more than simple randomness; I just can't see enough of the pattern yet to articulate it.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, missyb said:

Unless you know all their secrets ( looking at you Tyler) Sam doesn't know she may be hurting Tyler. At this point, Tyler is so lucky the Bros have not told Scottie that it was Tyler who asked  them vote to keep Sam. I have this weird feeling its because they think it was their own idea !

The problem for Tyler is I think all of L6 expects him to get Sam to use her power. That's pretty much what he said when he broke the news that Sam had it. So if a Bro goes home, I think Tyler does lose some standing in L6. And he'll be lucky if some of those secrets don't come out. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, zorak said:

Then the next day Brett was showing Winston photos on an iPhone and he said the two of them were dying laughing looking at basically naked photos of themselves.  He said it was a very real dream.  

He's blatantly trolling now...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

When did JC shave his head? Or had he always been bald and I'm just now noticing?

I'm pretty sure Sam shaved it for him on eviction day.

49 minutes ago, zorak said:

Winston was in the kitchen talking to Angela and Sam telling him about a dream he had last night.  In the dream all of the BB houseguests were at Angela's parents' house having a party.  Then the next day Brett was showing Winston photos on an iPhone and he said the two of them were dying laughing looking at basically naked photos of themselves.  He said it was a very real dream.  

Winston. Sweetie. Just tell the boy you have a crush on him. This "I had a dream we were naked and happy, ha ha ha!" stuff is just sad. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sandycat said:

I thought I heard Rockstar was picked.

So per Jokers, Bayleigh is hosting and Rockstar is playing.

Winston was just telling Brett about his dream last night.

Edited by zorak

Remember back in BBOTT, they’d have these live DR sessions where everyone had to read out and answer a series of questions about their strategy and who they trusted and all? Yeah, I could really use one of those right now with Sam, because I don’t know wtf she’s thinking right now. Hopefully someone wins today who won’t use the veto. But I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict it won’t be Rockstar.

• Love 5