Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07 A Clean, Well-Lighted Place 2018.06.13

If I hadn't seen broussard at the end of this episode I woulda caused a stink... Tho I am glad we don't need to see an episode of him and his lady friend traipsing thru the forest... I look fwd to his reunion and the fight being back on... This show needs him and Katie spearheading the fight.. Them apart or trying for peace always seems like a drag to me

• Love 4

Wow Josh Holloway always had potential as an actor even in the pilot of Lost. He never quite got a chance to live up to it on that show but damn if he didn't tonight. He was a walking nerve ending the whole episode it was heartbreaking. Even at the party when I was almost laughing at his irritated small talk ihe was still obviously in pain. At least he is grieving though.

Katie on the other hand has completely buried her grief to the point I'm worried what will happen when she snaps. The fallout in thier marriage is a little over the top but it not entirely unrealistic. Some marriages are extreme in thier highs and lows. It is a little convenient they have a major bust up right when Broussard shows up. I was hoping his new friend meant we had truly seen the last of the sexual tension between him and Katie.

Bram covering his grief in public but drinking and carrying on at night is fitting to. Even in grief he is a mix of both parents.

• Love 9
(edited)

Did they say how months has passed?

James Dalton....private eye, JYP C driver, cheerful event host and protector of cheating spouses. I guess Seattle is letting him carry this name because there are no occupation or red hats allowed in the city to take him away?

So the deputy proxy and governor-general are not important figures and the Chancellor is the person whose can get things done.

Was that an apartment or closet Katie/Laura waked in to?

The line about "repopulating Los Angeles". Was that a hint for a return to LA for the Bowmans?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
(edited)

I feel like I missed an episode. I won't complain though since I prefer a fast pace to a slow one. So the Seattle bloc not only let in the Bowmans knowing who they are but are pretending along with them that they are different identities? Are they in on it together or does the Seattle bloc just let the Bowmans think that they are pulling a fast one?  

What's with that woman just saying "of course" to Bram when he said he wants his own place for him and his sister? I fear this will lead to the parents and kids being separated and having to find their way back to each other. We already saw that with Charlie and then he didn't even make it. RIP Charlie. OTOH, if it means that Will and Katie will go off on their own to fight in the resistance or make allies with the "hosts" to fight their enemies while Bram and Gracie are kept out of the way and safe, then I'll be cool with it. 

I'm glad to see Broussard* again. I wonder if he's still with the radio operator woman.

Edited by DoubleUTeeEff
*I had Beau here before UNOSEZ kindly corrected me on the name below
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I'm glad to see Beau again. I wonder if he's still with the radio operator woman.

That's Broussard... Beau was the other black guy... The cop partner with the cabin in big bear

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I feel like I missed an episode. I won't complain though since I prefer a fast pace to a slow one. So the Seattle bloc not only let in the Bowmans knowing who they are but are pretending along with them that they are different identities? Are they in on it together or does the Seattle bloc just let the Bowmans think that they are pulling a fast one?  

What's with that woman just saying "of course" to Bram when he said he wants his own place for him and his sister? I fear this will lead to the parents and kids being separated and having to find their way back to each other. We already saw that with Charlie and then he didn't even make it. RIP Charlie. OTOH, if it means that Will and Katie will go off on their own to fight in the resistance or make allies with the "hosts" to fight their enemies while Bram and Gracie are kept out of the way and safe, then I'll be cool with it. 

I'm glad to see Beau again. I wonder if he's still with the radio operator woman.

I agree about feeling that I missed something plot wise. While work schedules made me miss 2 eps, I did check recaps, but...

That said, I felt like the plot had cycled back to square one-Will doing detective work, Bram running under the radar, and Katie, well just being Katie. There is a lot more, but it felt a bit like a "retred".

Edited by MDL
  • Love 2

So they've come full circle, and are back in kind of the same situation they were originally?  If Will keeps going the way he is, Katie goes back to the resistance, and Bram continues being idiot Bram, then those three should end up dead very quickly.

• Love 1

So many questions.  Did everyone just drink the koolaid and become nice little drones so they can live in Seattle, complete with helpful "block captains"?  Katie's comment that "it's safe here" is the most naive thing I think of heard yet.  At least she got her awakening.  I wonder if all the redhats and occupation authorities in LA got renditioned also, or if they moved on.  And what happened to the resistance, anyway?  Seattle needs a Snyder to shake things up.

Someone must be doing a lot of work off camera.  Food is still being grown, gasoline manufactured, liquor is being distilled somewhere (and teenagers are still stealing it for their parties), auto parts are being manufactured, etc.  It would be interesting to me to see a big picture of how the world is operating. 

What is the runaway husband going to do with that Corvette?  He can't really drive it anywhere.  It's going to stick out like a sore thumb and his ex might eventually see it.

9 hours ago, MDL said:

I agree about feeling that I missed something plot wise.

I went back and checked the DVR to see if there was an extra episode that I should have watched first.  I got burned on The Crossing because I wasn't paying attention and watched the finale before the penultimate episode.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

So the deputy proxy and governor-general are not important figures and the Chancellor is the person whose can get things done.

Why did Wayne Brady's character seemingly have so much pull with the Chancellor that he could not only get his own city to run, but could call off the rap attack on that city in order to keep it intact and possibly get a meeting with the Raps ?

So the IGA, proxies and all the other post-invasion pieces were already in place prior to the Rap invasion.  Did they know in advance what the Rap's plans were ?  Or did they just know that something bad was coming and were collectively covering their asses so they and their families didn't end up dead.

So nothing happened to Will after his interview from last episode ?  Even though it was obvious that they knew that 'James Dalton' was lying (since they had William Bowman's picture on the analysis screen)..

10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Why did Wayne Brady's character seemingly have so much pull with the Chancellor that he could not only get his own city to run, but could call off the rap attack on that city in order to keep it intact and possibly get a meeting with the Raps ?

So the IGA, proxies and all the other post-invasion pieces were already in place prior to the Rap invasion.  Did they know in advance what the Rap's plans were ?  Or did they just know that something bad was coming and were collectively covering their asses so they and their families didn't end up dead.

And get an apology from the Chancellor. It seems odd of their reliance on Wayne Brady's character considering his age and how long they were on earth (late 60s early 70s).

But I feel confident his algorithm didn't calculate the Bowmans showing up and eventually leaving Seattle in flames!

I wonder if they know Broussard is in the city. Or did he sneak in through an underground passage.

• Love 1

It took me a while to figure out that there had been a time jump.  Once I realized that I found it really interesting that Katie and Will had reversed their roles from L.A.  Will was the one being suspicious (detecting that many people had gone missing once they arrived at the Seattle  colony) and Katie was the one that just wanted to cooperate with the colony leaders for safety reasons.  I think they are logical responses based on losing Charlie.  Katie wants security for her two surviving children and Will wants revenge for the death of Charlie.

It was also really interesting to me that people are obviously being shipped (via buses) somewhere other than the Seattle region and most likely for labor use.  Katie will get her "hate of the occupation" on again now that she realizes the relocation is a sham.

• Love 5

I understand Katie's need for some security, but I was still surprised that she just trusted that people being herded onto buses was on the up-and-up.  I suppose the fact that her family was provided for as promised contributed to it, but after everything they'd been through I would think her spider senses would be triggered for the rest of her life.  There were no red-hats, drones, or anything else like that, but there was still the feeling of 'you'd better stay in step, or else'.  Look at how that cop knew by Will's phone that he'd been sitting there all night.  He wasn't surprised at all that the cop would know that, so it's common knowledge that they are monitored.  And if their house was bugged in LA, then those phones for sure are listening in Seattle.  Plus they know so much more about the hosts than they did before.  Katie uncharacteristically let her guard down. 

• Love 1

Seattle block doesn't look any different than LA block. Instead of red hats killing the excess inside the walls the white helmets are keeping them outside of the bloc until they are ready to process them.  Seeing as they used Will in LA,, the drones won't waste him and they know who he is and allowing him to run free I guess Will fits Wayne Brady's criteria to a T.

On 16-6-2018 at 9:38 PM, eskimo said:

I understand Katie's need for some security, but I was still surprised that she just trusted that people being herded onto buses was on the up-and-up.  I suppose the fact that her family was provided for as promised contributed to it, but after everything they'd been through I would think her spider senses would be triggered for the rest of her life.  There were no red-hats, drones, or anything else like that, but there was still the feeling of 'you'd better stay in step, or else'.  Look at how that cop knew by Will's phone that he'd been sitting there all night.  He wasn't surprised at all that the cop would know that, so it's common knowledge that they are monitored.  And if their house was bugged in LA, then those phones for sure are listening in Seattle.  Plus they know so much more about the hosts than they did before.  Katie uncharacteristically let her guard down. 

I think the show might have made this more believable if they hadn't done the time jump/added a scene to the previous episode and showed the Bowmans going onto a bus and ending up at their new place. In that case, none of the people in the bloc would have reason to be suspicious of all the newcomers being bused around.

There were white helmets though and in the beginning of the episode, Bram tells Gracie not to forget her phone which to me sounded rather ominous. I figured they had to carry their cell phones with them in order to be tracked and always reachable (although I have no idea why a kid would need to be reachable) and that was confirmed by the scene with the cop. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Efzee said:

Bram tells Gracie not to forget her phone which to me sounded rather ominous. I figured they had to carry their cell phones with them in order to be tracked and always reachable (although I have no idea why a kid would need to be reachable) and that was confirmed by the scene with the cop. 

I forgot about that, but now that I'm reminded, it really was some foreshadowing about their phones being tracking devices.  People will resist a tracking chip being implanted, but a phone tracking them wasn't out of the ordinary for most people before the invasion.  So not only is it not resisted as much, it's probably a welcomed sense of normalcy for many. 

The cop scene was creepy... him knowing to the minute how long Will had been sitting there.  Yeah, the Bowmans might have all the trappings of a comfortable suburban lifestyle, but something is very wrong.  The last shot of Katie looking out over all those empty apartments was shocking.  Hopefully it was a wake up call to her.

I agree Josh Holloway is underappreciated as an actor.

Do you think the writers are punking us with their false names of Laura (Lori) and James?

• Love 3

My husband and I were also confused and thought we must have missed an episode.  Glad to see we were not alone.

I was totally team Sawyer on Lost -- we adopted a dog named Jack from the shelter while Lost was on, and I said No way, we are renaming him Sawyer!  But Josh Holloway is more than sexy eye candy, the man is a wonderful actor. 

• Love 7

So Seattle is not the paradise Kate thought it was.  And Will is right, people are disappearing.  Did algorithm creator make a real deal with the devil, left alone in exchange for laborers?  How does formerly being a mechanic make Will into a uber driver?  and obviously he offered investigation services to private parties.  I have to wonder how Will and family got high enough on the list to get moved into a nice home., and why they are being allowed to stay when the administration knows they were lying about their identity.  I wish we got that "missing episode."

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Hanahope said:

So Seattle is not the paradise Kate thought it was.  And Will is right, people are disappearing.  Did algorithm creator make a real deal with the devil, left alone in exchange for laborers?  How does formerly being a mechanic make Will into a uber driver?  and obviously he offered investigation services to private parties.  I have to wonder how Will and family got high enough on the list to get moved into a nice home., and why they are being allowed to stay when the administration knows they were lying about their identity.  I wish we got that "missing episode."

It seems that Wayne Brady did. But it looks no different than the Los Angeles Bloc really. The check points for the chosen ones for those in the rich zones. Only now the servant workers are allowed to stay in the rich zones and the check point is to enter the colony as workers or are sent straight to the showers. Remember they know who Will actually is ex US Army Ranger FBI Agent who was part of the police in the Los Angeles Bloc. And in Seattle as a part time PI we have seen him act as a morality policeman

It was weird seeing Katie in the same position as Helena (?) in LA. Suddenly, they have food and booze, and a nice home again. 

Aside from the pretty girl, I think their son reverted to partying, because of the trouble in his parent's marriage.