Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14 (2018) Discussion

• Start Topic

The Greg Proops episode was funny, especially the nude beach part.

Did anybody else's DVR recording crap out on the Jeff Davis episode? Mine said it was 30 minutes long, but wouldn't play after about a minute.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BTBAM310 said:

Did anybody else's DVR recording crap out on the Jeff Davis episode? Mine said it was 30 minutes long, but wouldn't play after about a minute.

Conversely the Jeff Davis episode is up on CWseed but the Greg Proops one is not.

Good entry back. No guest stars and thus no guest star filler. I always love Jeff & Wayne compilation albums although I feel g***** if there are two songs instead of 3.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, Amarsir said:

Good entry back. No guest stars and thus no guest star filler. I always love Jeff & Wayne compilation albums although I feel g***** if there are two songs instead of 3.

I love "Greatest Hits." I wish they would play it more often. Not having a guest star was fantastic. I really hope they do more episodes without a guest star. Since superheroes are big right now, it would be the perfect time to bring back the game "Superheroes" where the audience names the first person, and then each person gives the superhero name of the next person to enter the scene. This is not the funniest version of it, but gives a sense of how the game works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29uxLWUOwEw

• Love 2

Add me to the list of watchers that don't enjoy the guest stars on the show.

Unpopular opinion time: I don't enjoy the musical bits.

They had "News Flash" on last episode and it is my favourite skit. If you get a chance (if you can find it) look for the Dentist "News Flash". It from the original show. It is not for the faint of heart but Heather Anne Campbell's horrified reaction is so funny you will cry.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, juno said:

Add me to the list of watchers that don't enjoy the guest stars on the show.

Unpopular opinion time: I don't enjoy the musical bits.

They had "News Flash" on last episode and it is my favourite skit. If you get a chance (if you can find it) look for the Dentist "News Flash". It from the original show. It is not for the faint of heart but Heather Anne Campbell's horrified reaction is so funny you will cry.

Then you must really hate when they sing a song about the guest.

I love Heather Anne Campbell. She's not very jokey but throws herself into a scene very well.

6 hours ago, juno said:

If you get a chance (if you can find it) look for the Dentist "News Flash".

Ta da!!!

I remember that one!

Some guest stars really get into it and are fun to watch, others not so much.  My least favorite "game" is Helping Hands.  Yuck.

• Love 1

Also concur I dislike the guests, unless it's someone super game and uniquely talented.

Also dislike the songs, there are just too many each episode. I do like three-headed opera star though.

My least favorite game is infomercial.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:49 PM, cpcathy said:

I do like three-headed opera star though.

I would love to see them do three-headed opera star. They could sing a song about the guest star. I'm not a big fan of the guest stars, but singing a song about them is the best/easiest way to use them. The guest star doesn't have to do anything other than stand there, because most of them can't do improv well.  

• Love 2

Unpopular opinion, apparently, but I generally don't mind the celebrity guest stars.  They're usually someone I've never heard of, from a CW show I've never watched, but once in a while I'm pleasantly surprised, so I'm okay with that.

• Love 1

Apparently CWSeed is only hosting every other episode. Perhaps the people who run the website and the ones who schedule the shows don't talk.

The new Jonathan Mangum one is great. He always brings the physical comedy, and seeing the overhead set again was really awesome if they don't beat it to death in every episode. Also Film Dub, underused and lots of fun.

I also laughed a lot at Andrea Navedo's episode, although less due to intentional jokes and more about Wayne covering for the unexpected. Aerial view indeed.

• Love 3

Ross Mathews, Andrea Navedo, and Tonight's episode will be uploaded under Season 13 on CWSeed. Guest episodes we see this Season are Season 13 leftovers. There's about 3 or so amount of guests and then for the rest of the summer, it's straight up guestless episodes. 

• Love 1

"You got it from that!?"

I had to pause the show I was laughing so hard. Good thing too or I would have missed Ryan's, "you weren't getting insect so I changed it to incest."

• Love 3
On 6/25/2018 at 3:12 PM, 12Medbe said:

There's about 3 or so amount of guests and then for the rest of the summer, it's straight up guestless episodes. 

I'm so glad to hear that, although to be fair, this week's was the one celebrity guest I could get behind.

• Love 2

Definitely. He's probably the only guest that'll nab two episodes, he had a good five game load. It was all divided perfectly too, considering Hoedown's done multiple times at the tapings.

• Love 2
On 6/27/2018 at 4:15 PM, Scott said:

I'm so glad to hear that, although to be fair, this week's was the one celebrity guest I could get behind.

If the celebrity guest can hold thier own and fully participate in the games (like Chip Estin, who will always be Chip to be me), they're fine. The Drew Carry version had a celebrity week which included Robin Williams, Whoppi Goldberg and Sid Ceasar, which was awesome. The problem with most of the "celebrities" on the CW show is that they are not very strong at improv so they end up as dead weight and limit the type of games that the rest of the performers can do, because they have to include the special guest star. 

• Love 3

Greg Proops! I've loved Greg on the show since the British version. Fun to see him be the Director instead of Colin.

And, Ryan joining Wayne in "Greatest Hits"??!!! Loved Wayne saying, "welcome to my side of the stage."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

Greg Proops! I've loved Greg on the show since the British version. Fun to see him be the Director instead of Colin.

"I miss our old director" :D. 

And, Ryan joining Wayne in "Greatest Hits"??!!! Loved Wayne saying, "welcome to my side of the stage."

I really enjoyed that, too! I lost it at Ryan's awkward attempt at swing dancing with Wayne. 

Also, "I Shot the Giraffe". Heh. 

Loved "Scenes from a Hat", too, especially the farm pick-up lines. I would not be surprised to find out somebody who lives on a farm has actually used the "I saw you grazing" one for real :p.

• Love 3

Thought that was one of the funnier episodes that the revival has done. Nice to see them mix it up a bit. While they are pros, they do tend to get a bit too comfortable in their roles. You even get repeated gags. Having a bit of struggle is a good thing. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Yes :D. Between that and whatever the hell that squirrel thing was Wayne did during "Scenes from a Hat", I was dying

That was hilarious. I don't know how he does that high pitched squeaking. 

These have been some great episodes lately.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, 12Medbe said:

I was in the audience in last night's Whose Line; Absolutely hysterical 4 Hour taping; and the Hoedown was just as crazy as you saw! 

Lucky you! Glad you had a good time!

13 hours ago, 12Medbe said:

I was in the audience in last night's Whose Line; Absolutely hysterical 4 Hour taping; and the Hoedown was just as crazy as you saw!

Wow, four hours. How many other routines do they do that we don't get to see?

I know someone who does improv shows twice a year. They do many of the same games. Their shows run two hours including intermission.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Wow, four hours. How many other routines do they do that we don't get to see?

I know someone who does improv shows twice a year. They do many of the same games. Their shows run two hours including intermission.

I used to be in an improv group in Denver. We did shows every other week which were usually 90 minutes with intermission. About 10-12 games total. Again, lots of the same games. Overall there are about a hundred common short form improv games to pick from. Many groups put their own twists on them or have a few original games. Not all would play well on TV, or fit in the time restraints.

• Love 2

They do 21-22 Games a taping; After the 12th Game is a quick break, they call it a "Tape Change". The Fourth Hour is dedicated to pickups, where they film extra bits for the games, starts and stops to games, Intros and Credits, Sometimes extra Games. It's all to help wrap the show around, to help with editing.  

I can tell you which games haven't aired yet from the taping I was at.
-Questions
-Sound FX
-Scene To Music
-Party Quirks
-Film Dub (Two Were Filmed)
-Greatest Hits (Only two of the four songs filmed aired)
-Scenes From A Hat (More Scenes are leftover - They shoot this game for a half hour)

• Love 3

I read an interview with Colin where he said they film all the episodes for the season in 1-2 weeks.  So they slice and dice this up across episodes, and of course a lot gets left on the cutting room floor.

• Love 2

Which is why I'm glad they're doing a Season like this, Earlier Taping Material, there's a lot of gems unaired!

We've a lot of great Game Possibilities for 'Keegan Michael Key 6' next week! It's a Season 10 taping

Aside from your starter games (Questions and Weird Newscasters)

There's some killer Core Games that could air!
-Sideways Scene
-Helping Hands (w/Keegan, Colin & Ryan)
-Irish Drinking Song
-Stand Sit Bend
-Three Headed Broadway Star
-Improbable Mission

• Love 2

I love Improbable Mission!

Sound Effects seems to be something they don't do anymore, or at least show it. I know it cracked up Drew Carey to pick two older women who obviously didn't want to do it! Colin and Ryan reacting to the terrible job the women were doing always made me laugh out loud.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Sound Effects seems to be something they don't do anymore, or at least show it. I know it cracked up Drew Carey to pick two older women who obviously didn't want to do it! Colin and Ryan reacting to the terrible job the women were doing always made me laugh out loud.

I remember the one with the quacking elephant. Drew got a real kick out of that one :D. 

• Love 1