Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14 (2018) Discussion

• Start Topic

Sound FX is done at most tapings actually, It just hasn't been aired a whole lot. 

Different note

July 23rd we clinch our 100th Episode of the CW Seasons; Heather Anne Campbell is the fourth seater.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2018 at 2:30 PM, cpcathy said:

I love Improbable Mission!

Sound Effects seems to be something they don't do anymore, or at least show it. I know it cracked up Drew Carey to pick two older women who obviously didn't want to do it! Colin and Ryan reacting to the terrible job the women were doing always made me laugh out loud.

This would be the perfect game for the "celebrity guest" to participate in. The guest could be one of the people doing the sound effects, along with a random person from the studio audience. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, Sarah 103 said:

@12Medbe I would love to see them do standing, standing, laying down again as well Improbable Mission. I also keep hoping they'll do superheros because comic books/super hero movies are so big right now. 

Superheroes was actually filmed once, during Keegan's Season 9 taping. Let's hope it's done more in the future. 

• Love 1

Ah, cool, yay for making it to 100 episodes!

I loved the whole Jack and Jill bit with Colin and Ryan tonight. That was hilarious. "Jell-O and beach." "Beach?"

And then Colin talking about the pigs. 

On a similar note, regarding last week's episode, I would totally watch a fairy tale character version of "Jerry Springer". 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I loved the whole Jack and Jill bit with Colin and Ryan tonight. That was hilarious. "Jell-O and beach." "Beach?"

Agreed- great improv from the guys. And good on the producers for letting it play out as well- often the games on the US version feel short (I know some get edited down for broadcast), so it was nice that they really got a chance to work off each other.

Otherwise, any episode that forces Ryan to do impressions is aces in my book.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

any episode that forces Ryan to do impressions is aces in my book.

He usually does John Wayne and / or Carol Channing, so I was glad to see a little Michael Jackson thrown in. I only realized it when he did the moon walk.

• Love 1

I am so glad that they have gone back to the standard 3 regulars and a 4th guest performer who can actually do improv at the level of the other three. I think the episodes are so much better without the "celebrity guest" dragging things down and limiting the types of games they can do. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, 12Medbe said:

Greatest Hits was a total highlight last night, Gary kills it like always! 

I love Greatest Hits. I forgot how much fun it was, because for awhile they were doing song styles as thier musical game. 

• Love 1

I'm really enjoying the little switch-ups. Colin no longer being the Hollywood Director, but instead one of the actors w/ first Greg and now Gary in the director's role. Colin is no longer always the wife / girlfriend in scenes w/ Ryan. Ryan doing some of the "singing" w/ Wayne. Makes for a nice change of pace.

Edited by Loandbehold
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Too funny. Kinda wish they still gave out points.

They do you know, Aisha constantly gives out points after the games during the tapings. It's just whatever the editors choose to leave in; the job they do really don't give her performance as host, justice. International cuts of the episodes actually retain more banter and point giveaways however. 

• Love 3

I cracked up when Colin asked Ryan if he was looking for a brain during "Whose Line", 'cause I'd been sitting here thinking, "The hell kind of Tin Man voice is that?" before then :p. 

And Ryan using the same joke Greg made during "Scenes from a Hat", and everyone laughing at Wayne's attempts at impressions during "Party Quirks"-priceless :D. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 12Medbe said:

First time ever that the performers switched their Props! 

And Ryan repeating Wayne's joke (take-off on Home Improvement).

12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Ryan using the same joke Greg made during "Scenes from a Hat"

Followed by him saying that he doesn't actually watch the show.

• Love 4

At times, he kind of reminds me a little bit of the lead singer of Franz Ferdinand (if he had dark hair, that is). This is not a bad comparison in my book :D. 

Also, he shares my birthday, so extra cool points there :p. Different year, though, but still. 

Edited by Annber03

Whoa, just snooped his IG. He's dating some super androgynous rail-thin singer/photographer. Definitely not the type I'd envision he'd go for, but she seems like an interesting lady. I guess because the rest of them are turning into old men, I envisioned he'd either be settled with someone more vanilla or dating another comic. She definitely screams millennial rebel lol. But their cat is precious.