Type keyword(s) to search

iSpoilers & Speculation

(edited)

Which are two of my favorite shows ever, so I have high hopes for this one. VM movie made me trust Rob Thomas again, too, and I like both McIver and Anders. I'm holding my fingers crossed iZombie will turn out to be successful. 

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Very low quality version of the Trailer (which I will edit and replace with a better one if I find it):

Rob Thomas talking about the show (this is from a few months ago):

• Love 1
With David Anders's character described as a snotty, manipulative rich boy... Am I the only one who expects him to become the main love interest by the end of the season?

Logan Echolls 2.0? lol

Frankly, I am looking forward to seeing Mr. Sark back on my screen on a weekly basis after such a long time.

• Love 1

Crazy out there speculation.

At some distant point in the show, maybe for chuckles, they need to have Liv eat a bit of a brain of one of her show colleagues and then spend an episode acting like them.

The non-deathy way to accomplish this would be to have some medical scare storyline where a brain biopsy has to be done and the sample exists...

Or have some radical emergency where there's some compelling unavoidable emergency need for two versions of the same person at the same time, and some creeped up sequence where they need to figure out the most harmless way to take a tiny sample and feed it to Liv.

I was just reading AVClub comments, and apparently, Hulu mistakenly put out episode 7 instead of 3 some time ago. I don't have Hulu and I don't see this episode on any of my usual, ahem, sources, so I can't verify that, but he says that Liv and Lowell are dating and that Lowell eats some gay dude's brain, which puts a temporary damper on the relationship (sounds hilarious, imo).

• Love 4

It'll be like dating a new person every time you eat dinner. Instead bringing home Chinese or Pizza, it will be did you bring home a seductive artist or an Anti-social hit-man with useless trivia knowledge. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Official Facebook page put this photo up...

I think it's probably a misdirect (maybe he's only hurt and comes to Liv for help), but from the comments it looks like a lot of people expected him to be in that body bag at the end of the last episode!

• Love 1

I've read some interview with Buckley where he said that Major's arc is pretty twisted, and that he'll be in a dark place come the end of the season. I hope that just means he'll go in over his head with the investigation, not that he'll become a zombie. Personal preferences (LOWELL!) aside, it makes little narrative sense this early in the story. 

For this show to become great. Two things needs to happen. Major needs to become a relentless zombie hunter, without mercy. Ravi needs to be revealed for what he is and what he is actually doing. That is studying Liv like the lab rat he views her as. There is noway a person who authored a paper on Zombieism for the CDC, would not be studying Liv with the end game of how to eradicate her and her kind.

• Love 3
Major needs to become a relentless zombie hunter, without mercy.

Yes! This is exactly what I was thinking. My husband who also watches the show (finally, a show we can both agree on) thinks he'll become a zombie too, but that would be way too predictable and would ruin the conflict. However, Major still bores me so much I'm not sure I'll be interested in him even after a big transformation. There's just something too milquetoast-y about him. It's annoying.

Ravi needs to be revealed for what he is and what he is actually doing. That is studying Liv like the lab rat he views her as.

Also a great idea. I love Ravi and Liv's friendship, but this twist would make sense and really hurt her and shake up the show. I will now be expecting/hoping for the show to do it (although fans of Ravi/Liv friendship will probably be bummed).

I wouldn't be surprised if Ravi's views of hypothetical zombies at the CDC were pretty apocalyptic. He pretty much said so. I think, though, knowing actual zombies is going to affect that. He was pretty horrified that  Liv was being cruel to the starving zombie in the hole, and seemed to want pretty badly to think he could fix her. 

That would be an interesting episode, though, if Liv got to eat the brains of one of Ravi's former colleagues...

• Love 1

I think Ravi is sincere in trying to cure zombieism, before the Apocalypse happens. He is studying her for that but I think he generally wants to help Liv.

Major turning into a zombie hunter once he finds out what Blaine is, could be interesting. That means he would start to question Liv's new look. If he becomes the big bad of the show I can probably forgive his blandness. 

• Love 2

I don't think he'll ever become the big bad, he doesn't have it in him. Maybe he'll perform a face heel turn, but only temporarily. He can still die eventually, I think. My preference will be season 2 midseason finale, like a certain other boring BF on a CW show.

Also, this picture on FB made me think - what if Major is infected with the virus but turns out to be immune? Could be interesting.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Major beimg immune would throw a wedge in the Liv-Lowell relationship since they could be together without worry of infection. Unless he becomes Major: Zombie Hunter and rallies a group of Scoobies from the foster program to kill Liv and her kind, until a musical episode wherein he admits his true feelings.

What?

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

I want to explore the consequences of what happens if a zombie eats animal brains or the brain of another zombie, and I've thought of a storyline to answer both questions.  I'll try to be brief:

Blain 'accidently' scratches a wealthy businessman as the guy is leaving his office.  Blain shows up at the guy's house with some brains expecting to extort the guy like he was doing to Jackie.  But he's told by the housekeeper that the guy left the evening before to go hunting.  Blain gets the guy's number and finds out where his campsite is.  He can't get the guy to answer the phone and he rushes to the campsite to get to the guy before the rest of the hunting party arrives. 

Unfortunately, the guy woke up at dawn and with a crazed urge for brains, he's managed to bag a deer and eat the brains.  When Blain arrives the guy's under the influence of the deer so he runs like the wind.  Blains chasing him and yelling to him that he's a zombie now and he needs brains, and Blain will provide them for a fee.  The new zombie tries to jump over a ravine, an easy jump for a deer, but fatal for a human.  A fall onto some jagged rocks splits his head open.  This guy won't be coming back.

Because the guy's wealthy, and the 'accident' is so odd, it's investigated as a possible homicide.  Live eats his newly zombified brains and figures out what happened, and if she's not onto Blain's new business model by then, she will be now. 

Probably full of holes, but I'm not a writer.

• Love 1

I kinda think that Liv should know if animal brains work for her, she's been a zombie for a while. I think they shouldn't, TBH. But I want the show to clarify this, could be just an offhand remark.

Edited by FurryFury

TVLine spoiler:

Please, please, pretty please tell me we are going to see more of Bradley James’ Lowell Tracy on iZombie? –Brandi
As you saw this week, he with whom Liv has locked pasty lips isn’t going away just yet. Says show boss Rob Thomas, “We knew from the moment we saw Liv and Lowell on screen that Lowell wasn’t going away any time soon.”

So, at least he isn't a 3-episode wonder.

• Love 3

Yay! I like Lowell (and Bradley James) and I really want him to stay. I saw somewhere that Bradley James was going to be the lead in Damien (about the grown up kid from the Omen) which was apparently ordered by Lifetime.  I was worried that he wouldn't be available.

• Love 1

Damien was only picked up for 6 episodes. I think he'll be available. I hope he is, so far he's much more interesting than Major and has some chemistry with Liv. 

Edited by Sakura12

I think it would be funny for Liz to get in a spot where she had to have animal brains or nothing so she had some cow from a butcher. I could see her just standing in a field chewing a piece of gum for twenty seconds or so, a lazy look on her face, then she just says... "wow". 

Or something really deadpan. 

*rimshot*

• Love 1

"Patriot Brains" synopsis:

PERCY DAGGS III (“VERONICA MARS”) GUEST STARS — Liv (Rose McIver) and Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) investigate the mysterious death of a former sniper, Everett (guest star Ronald Patrick Thompson), who has been working as an instructor at a paintball facility. They begin questioning family members including Everett’s ex-wife and her new husband Sean (guest star Percy Daggs III) and realize things are not what they seem. Meanwhile, Major (Robert Buckley) continues to get closer and closer to the truth, and Blaine (David Anders) does the unthinkable.

Wallace!

• Love 2

1x10 press release:

"Mr. Berserk" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

STEVEN WEBER ("MURDER IN THE FIRST" "CHASING LIFE") GUEST STARS - Liv (Rose McIver) and Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) investigate the murder of a journalist working on a story linking psychotic episodes in a small number of consumers to the energy drink Max Rager. Liv goes straight to the top at Max Rager HQ and questions the man in charge, Vaughn Du Clark (guest star Steven Weber). Meanwhile, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) tries to help Major (Robert Buckley) who continues to believe he's going crazy. David Anders also stars. Jason Bloom directed the episode written by Deirdre Mangan & Graham Norris (#110). Original airdate 5/19/2015.

Here's a speculative question: Can any zombie turn someone, or only Blaine? As far as we know, Blaine's the only one out turning people (though we don't know for sure if Lowell was turned by Blaine). Just seems odd that even the two dolts who thought they could run a competing business to Blaine's didn't think to pull what Blaine did and start turning new people, they just wanted to use who they already had.

Just a random thought, and it would explain why Blaine has been so confidently turning people. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I've also thought about it, but I think we'll learn the answer sooner or later. If Blaine were to be the only one, it would be too simple, though.

Unless Ravi doesn't turn, and we learn there's different strains. Maybe some strains are sterile?

(edited)

Don't forget that Ravi was bitten by the rat that was inoculated with something first. Which is why I don't think he'll become a full-on zombie. Maybe he'll get something different, or just a temporary condition.

Plus, rats aren't exactly people. Who knows if the virus works absolutely the same way for them.

That said, I like Blaine, so were he to be the only possible source of infection, I wouldn't mind, because that would make him vastly more important to the show.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
(edited)

Can any zombie turn someone, or only Blaine?

As far as we know, Blaine's the only one out turning people (though we don't know for sure if Lowell was turned by Blaine). Just seems odd that even the two dolts who thought they could run a competing business to Blaine's didn't think to pull what Blaine did and start turning new people.

Liv, Lowell, and Lt. Suzuki all keep their fingernails short for fear of scratching someone and turning them into a zombie, but we haven't seen anyone but Blaine do it—yet.

I thought Lowell and Blaine were turned by Utopium + Max Rager. Do we know how the Lt. was turned?

Edited to ask: If the zombie rat ate all the other rats, how could the zombie plague ever spread? Or are zombie rats just insatiable at first, like baby vampires?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1

If the zombie rat ate all the other rats, how could the zombie plague ever spread?

The zombie rat was only able to eat all of the other rats because they were trapped. If it got out of the lab, where it could infect other rats that were running around free, some could escape to infect others.

• Love 1

Regarding speculation that Ravi could now go to the CDC with proof of zombies:

The only way Ravi could get the CDC to listen to him about zombies would be if he had a willing zombie with him, and even then they might decide that both of them are loony before they could prove themselves.  Ravi would be locked up, and Liv would deteriorate or kill someone, and at that point they'd both be taken to some gitmo type place and tortured for their knowledge.  Special ops teams would descend on Seattle and kill everyone associated with both of them, and then start a manhunt for any other zombies, which would provoke the remaining zombies to either fight back or disperse into other corners of the world.

• Love 1
(edited)

iZombie's Bradley James on Lowell and Liv's (Doomed?) Romance, Blaine Link

So, it seems, I was right - Lowell's not long for the show. Bummer for those who were invested in any way - me, I've suspected this as soon as I learned about them extending the order for his show.

Still, it's interesting to learn he was intended to be a one episode guest start but was bumped to a recurring after they've seen the chemistry. Rob Thomas and his team have definitely proved themselves when it comes to noticing this stuff, kudos to them, I suppose.

But James acknowledges, “Major’s endgame. I think everyone’s aware of that.”

Ugh no thank you. I'll take anyone over him, at this point. Lowell, Ravi, Clive, Clive's zombie boss... ANYONE.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well then, you have no way of knowing if I'm totally serious or just messing with you. No way whatsoever.

Edited by BPOX
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the time has come for the show to clue us in on how long eating a brain affects the zombie, and how often a zombie must eat brains to remain 'normal'.  Somehow I'd thought that a few bites of brains only needed to be eaten every week or two, but as time goes on it seems that zombies have to eat brains more often than that to retain their full faculties.  I'd also thought that the personality traits of the consumed brain only lasted for three or four days, then wore off.  But I'm not so sure anymore.  Surely there is a timeline for that sort of stuff, since the show is based on a comic book series?  I'm sure that at some point the comic book series touched on this stuff.

For that matter, I think it's also time for the show to spell out why all the other zombies except for Liv and Blaine go to great measures to look normal.  Is there some sort of hierarchy being established?  Is Blaine the first zombie and so full of himself that he's fine with doing the super-pale look, but his subordinates either aren't allowed that option or they just instinctively fall into the role of underlings who must not be conspicuous?  Which makes me wonder if Liv is also an 'Alpha Zombie', and why? 

Liv is turned on the party boat but wakes up and goes back to her old life, she doesn't seek out Blaine.  Somehow she figures out she needs to eat human brains to survive, and lasts long enough to secure a job with the local morgue so she access to brains. 

Did Blaine realize he turned Liv when he scratched her?  Is there some sort of selection process going on?  Did Blaine scratch Liv because he was driven to by some sort of directive he wasn't aware of?  Until he established his underground zombie gang, was he responding to some other primal need?

I think I'm overthinking this.

Edited by Zahdii

I think it's also time for the show to spell out why all the other zombies except for Liv and Blaine go to great measures to look normal. Is there some sort of hierarchy being established? Is Blaine the first zombie and so full of himself that he's fine with doing the super-pale look, but his subordinates either aren't allowed that option or they just instinctively fall into the role of underlings who must not be conspicuous? Which makes me wonder if Liv is also an 'Alpha Zombie', and why?

I haven't read the comic, but I just chalk this one up to time & money saved on hair & makeup for every zombie except Liv & Blaine.

• Love 1