Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05 End of the Road 2018.05.30

I can't believe they actually killed Charlie, it was heartbreaking. 

Snyder's reaction was interesting. I think he is still playing both sides. When he talked about going to Switzerland he used the exact same wording Katie did. I have a feeling at least some of this was planned.

• Love 11
(edited)

I thought Charlie was faking when he was lying on the ground after being hit. I was waiting for him to move. Now Charlie can find Lindsey and finish tormenting her in the afterlife! At least he went out protecting his sister.

I wish Synder was lying next to Charlie and the other corpses. The two erasers in the ear was funny.  

Broussard's buddy (Bugs) should have followed his instincts and kill MacGregor in the cave.

Will ratting out Synder. I'm sure that will resurface down the line.

Poor Vincent. He was screwed either way by Synder and MacGregor.

So the whole "we need to bring the gauntlet to the RAP that defected" turned out to be a waste. The occupation recovered the RAP and (I assume) the gauntlet too.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I can't believe they actually killed Charlie, it was heartbreaking. 

Snyder's reaction was interesting. I think he is still playing both sides. When he talked about going to Switzerland he used the exact same wording Katie did. I have a feeling at least some of this was planned.

Oh my gosh, Charlie's death completely shocked me!  I think Snyder was genuinely upset by it.  At first I thought he was going to reach down and close Charlie's eyes, but he was so upset that he just threw the tarp back over him.  I think he was way more attached to the family than he could ever admit.  Still think he's playing both sides, but he's really only loyal to himself.  No one should trust him.

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The two erasers in the ear was funny.  

Will ratting out Synder. I'm sure that will resurface down the line.

Does Snyder know that Will ratted him out?  So much happened that I started to lose track of who said what.

• Love 8

That's a rifle range?!??  No wonder nobody in the land can shoot worth a damn!

Pity about Charlie.  I'd hoped he would turn out to be a mega-badass in a pint-sized bottle.

• Love 3

Really shocking-did not see that at all (although if I had my choice, I'd probably have killed Gracie instead of Charlie...).  I had a hard time following the timeline until the very end (the first scene in the tunnel was confusing for me).  I am glad that the resistance leader was killed as he had obviously gotten an earlier camp demolished before the one where this action took place.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I love Snyder.  There, I said it...

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Really shocking-did not see that at all (although if I had my choice, I'd probably have killed Gracie instead of Charlie...).  I had a hard time following the timeline until the very end (the first scene in the tunnel was confusing for me).  I am glad that the resistance leader was killed as he had obviously gotten an earlier camp demolished before the one where this action took place.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I love Snyder.  There, I said it...

I gasped when Charlie was shot!  I thought he could have had a lot to offer down the line because of what he learned trying to survive in Santa Monica.  If anyone had to go I also would have preferred it be Gracie.  I think Charlie's death is going to strengthen their resolve to fight.  I really hate to see him go, though. 

I'm on the Island of Unpopular Opinions with you, I also like Snyder.  I don't think he's completely trustworthy but I think he does like the Bowman's and wants to protect them.  Don't get me wrong, he pisses me off sometimes but the story is much more interesting with him in it.  I know people will think Charlies death was his fault, but if the occupation wouldn't have come when they did 3 of the Bowman's would have been killed.  This way at least they had a chance.  It was that tyrant MacGregor that forced Snyder's hand at that moment.  MacGregor was almost as bad as the occupation, IMO. 

Anyway, excellent show.  Getting better each season. 

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, eskimo said:

MacGregor was almost as bad as the occupation, IMO. 

He was as crazy as a shit-house rat!  I would have liked Charlie to stay alive, at least long enough to put a blade in his bowels.

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm with you all that I wish it had been Gracie instead of Charlie. He's a much more interesting character with a lot more potential.  And I like Snyder too. Or at least I like Peter Jacobson. Snyder was definitely shocked and saddened to find Charlie's body but as he said, he's a pragmatist and has to play the cards that he was dealt.

• Love 6

I would have preferred for useless Bram to get killed over Charlie. Charlie was a much better brother to Gracie and had actual survival skills. Plus, he didn't do all the stupid stuff Bram did in the previous season. And he never annoyed me as much as Bram.

• Love 11

MacGregor was that dangerous combination of crazy and seemingly all-powerful. In the long run it never works out for them or the people who drink their koolaid but a lot of damage gets done in the interim.

I can't believe they killed one of the Bowman kids but Snyder is still alive.

• Love 1

So hate that they killed Charlie off. I was expecting him to save the group  wi

hen things would get dicey, with his street smarts. He was such an awesome kid, didn't say much. It was a shocker. So it was all lost, everything they went through to get the gaulet, bummer. I guess they were lucky to be alive and not executed.

• Love 6
On 5/31/2018 at 10:10 AM, Netfoot said:

That's a rifle range?!??  No wonder nobody in the land can shoot worth a damn!

Maybe I missed some dialog but I took it as the public execution by firing squad range. 

Giving the benefit of a doubt on a M16 we did zero the sights at 25 meters

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

Maybe I missed some dialog but I took it as the public execution by firing squad range.

They had targets up, so I assumed it was a practice range.

7 minutes ago, Raja said:

Giving the benefit of a doubt on a M16 we did zero the sights at 25 meters

We shot rim-fire and center-fire pistol at 25 meters (possibly advancing to as close as 7 meters), and small bore rifle (and "free pistol") at 50.  Big bore rifle is anything up to 1,000 meters, although BZO would probably be a lot less.    That "range" looked more like 10 meters - suitable for air weapons.

“Battlesight zero: A sight setting that soldiers keep on their weapons. It provides the highest probability of hitting most high-priority combat targets with minimum adjustment to the aiming point, a 250 meter sight setting as on the M16A1 rifle, and a 300 meter sight setting as on the M16A2 rifle.”
~ Department of Army Field Manual 3-22.9

Ah man, I hate that they killed Charlie!  He was such a cool kid, and so much smarter than Gracie.    

Definitely glad the camp camp leader got it.  Way too paranoid to be effective.  I wonder if what Snyder said about the Rap was true.  You can’t believe much of anything he says.

• Love 4

Just putting it out there...Are we sure MacGregor is dead? There was never a clear shot of his dead face. Although, since I can't seen any value in keeping that character alive or in Snyder pretending that someone else was the leader,  I guess I don't care either way - it's just I do find it odd how, having set the character (albeit a hateful one) up over a couple of episodes and given him backstory too, they then kill him off-camera and leave a little leeway over identity.

So sad for Charlie - like others here I thought the writers would use his hard learned street smarts more somehow.

I watched Falling Skies for a short while and this is now feeling more and more like that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Roselle said:

Just putting it out there...Are we sure MacGregor is dead? There was never a clear shot of his dead face. Although, since I can't seen any value in keeping that character alive or in Snyder pretending that someone else was the leader,  I guess I don't care either way - it's just I do find it odd how, having set the character (albeit a hateful one) up over a couple of episodes and given him backstory too, they then kill him off-camera and leave a little leeway over identity.

So sad for Charlie - like others here I thought the writers would use his hard learned street smarts more somehow.

I watched Falling Skies for a short while and this is now feeling more and more like that.

I'm pretty sure he's dead.  Yeah, we only saw the side of his face, but it was him and he looked pretty dead, and he was in the dead pile the soldiers created.  I don't think MacGregor could have been moved while pretending to be dead.

I think Snyder was so affected by Charlie because he knew how much Will worked to find him, how important that was, it was the only reason Will worked with Snyder.  I think he also realized that the next time Will sees him, Will will have no reason not to shoot him.  Same with Katie.

• Love 1
(edited)

I suppose they're trying to be realistic and needed to kill off one of the family members as it might be too unrealistic that they all survive unscathed through everything.  Giving Will and Kate a family with kids is a real handicap.  It would be pretty hard to be card carrying members of the resistance with three kids in tow.  Plus it makes it easy for enemies to get to them very quickly - like in this episode: just threaten the kids.   It would have been better if they'd killed off Gracie.  She's been pretty much a cardboard cutout figure - they gave Charlie an interesting back story and then didn't utilise it's full potential.

PS- I hated MacGregor in Outlander and I hated him here.  So glad he's dead, haha!

Edited by Earlwoode
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Intense episode!  With other shows a little past their peak or winding down, it is good to see.  Sorry to see Charlie go of course, but like Earlwoode mentioned, it wouldn't be realistic enough for a family of 5 to survive this.  Even though Snyder is there to hate, he adds a lot to the show. 

(edited)

Remind me not to come here with only 4 or 5 minutes left in an episode. First post killed the ending.

I love when shows are unpredictable. I like when they mess with the status quo.

Edited by edhopper