Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E23: Let the Good Times Roll

• Start Topic

Political commentayv in the show has always been there. Going back to Booby's dog being named  Rumsfeld. They referenced Obama in s10 . It's really President Jeff who was the anomaly IMO.

• Love 8
8 HOURS AGO, S COOK PRODUCTIONS SAID:

Ok so I just watched again with my hubby this time (a casual “normal” viewer, not an over-analytical freak like myself;), and question for you all...do you think Cas looked sad like that at the end because he KNEW Michael would abscond with Dean even if they won the fight? He just couldn’t do anything to stop Dean, nor should he because he did it with Lucifer. That’s what I think. Cue Guilty!Cas. Oh the angst next season!

I think you missed my post where I already answered this ?...

ON 5/18/2018 AT 12:53 AM, TAKALOTTI SAID:

Poor Cas. He’s so sad because he knows the wrong angel is inside his boyfriend ?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I found it interesting that the show went meta by featuring Trump.   In previous episodes, namely the one where the President is possessed, the President was a fictional character.   Now the President in Sam and Dean's universe is the very same as ours.   How does that work?

I think the weird bit was having "Jefferson Rooney" as President.  They've mentioned Obama twice before as well as Trump.  "Rooney" was the oddity.  And they wrote that episode without knowing who was going to win the election.  They really should have gone for the Secretary of Defense or something less obvious IMO. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Nope. From what I've read they were hoping that The CW would pick it up but Mark Pedowitz said that they aren't going to.

What the hell! Now I really hope someone else picks it up because it can't just be 'gone.' Dammit! The Detective finally saw what Lucifer meant all along.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Philip said:

What the hell! Now I really hope someone else picks it up because it can't just be 'gone.' Dammit! The Detective finally saw what Lucifer meant all along.

Don’t worry; I read yesterday that they’re trying to get a streaming service to pick it up. There’s still hope!

• Love 1

Oy, I just rewatched the episode.  It was better the second time but if I understand things correctly, Jack has lost all his powers and he’s basically useless now, Dean/Michael is in, like, Cincinnati now ready to nuke the world, Cass, Mary , Bobby, etc are in the bunke,  all depressed.  Things are really bad right now.  They have to get Rowena, Ketch and Charlie back to the bunker and make some kind of plan.  My guess is that they somehow get Jack to eat Dean/Michaels archangel grace to power him up or he will be a useless character.  We need Dean back quickly and somehow Billies going to help I think.  That’s all I got.  

(edited)

I liked this episode for how it set up Dean being possessed by Michael. I was sure since the spoilers came out that he was going to be Michael, and I was afraid that they wouldn't set it up properly or that plot exigences would trash Dean's character. instead I loved what they did with Dean in this episode. All his scenes were perfect, and the writing for him was very good. It's always nice f or example, seeing how surprised Sam is by things about Dean that have been present since forever (like his desire to retire), and it's not even an indictment to Sam, but a reinforcement of my take on the characters. I liked how his choice to use Michael was both well set and desperate enough to make sense in the context of what Lucifer was doing.

I LOVED how he talked to Jack about his nightmares. I loved that he basically said that even though he didn't know what Jack had been through, he knew that it was bad, and I loved his simple, but effective advice: we all make mistakes, but we can be better, every day. Good stuff. I couldn't help compare it with Mary's similar speech to Dean in 13.22 when she said that she knew exactly what Dean and Sam had gone through and Dean's reaction to that. I see that as the difference between patronizing, condescending (Mary) and emotional honesty (Dean).

I disliked that so much was spent on Lucifer, a character I find way past is expiration date. I don't find the actor to be talented in the least and the writing for him has been atrocious. I say good riddance, and please let him stay torched and burned like his wings. 

I also didn't like some of the direction and music choices. I found them silly to the point of ridiculous. 

All in all, I'm very excited to see what they will do with Michael in Dean AND with Dean next season. I hope this storyline lasts enough to give Jensen Ackles the time to create his character, given that AU Michael was such a blank state, and that it's used for much needed exploration of Dean's issues.  For once, I'm hopeful, at least for now. :)

Edited by Etoile
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, bozodegama said:

Dean/Michael is in, like, Cincinnati now ready to nuke the world, Cass, Mary , Bobby, etc are in the bunke,  all depressed.

I don't think it's necessarily true that AU Michael!Dean is ready to nuke this world.  I just have a vibe that maybe, just maybe, being in Dean will change AU Michael.  That maybe he'll see the world through Dean's eyes and see that humanity is worth having around.

11 hours ago, mertensia said:

Rooney vanished, right? So his VP became president. Which could be Trump.

Nope. He didn't vanish.  His meatsuit was alive and well and I think Cas wiped his memory before they all left.  The show failed miserably by not addressing why President Jeff is no longer President Jeff.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Etoile said:

, given that AU Michael was such a blank state

I didn't think he was a blank slate. I think he was ultimate warrior angel. I think Christian Keyes gave him an underlying menace and also that maybe by the time he got to our world, he's thinking about a different plan.

• Love 7

I don't think it's necessarily true that AU Michael!Dean is ready to nuke this world.

He doesn`t appear to want another barren rock like apocalypse world. He admitted as much to Dean even before Jack beat him up. So I`d say from the start he will try a different approach (also for behind-the-scenes reasons but it still make senses character-wise).

And the final scene showed that he took the time to dress himself Peaky Blinders-like and just walk down a street to look around. He didn`t immediately go up to Heaven to take control or just kill people. I think that walk was like "okay, lets see what we have to work with here". 

I`m not expecting him to be suddenly sunshine and rainbows but I see no reason why he would even attempt to nuke the world. The other world looks kinda angel-nuked and apparently that wasn`t to his liking, even though he did it. 

• Love 9
On 5/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, ahrtee said:

A few random additions to what everyone has already said:

1.  I also hated that they made this about "save Sammy" again.  Yes, there was also Jack and Lucifer was absolutely a threat, but he didn't declare that he was going to destroy the world until *after* they left the bunker.  Dean wasn't there to hear that, but he *did* hear Michael brag that he was going to remake the world (in his own image?) and whoops, maybe this time he'd get it right.  Except we have no idea what his idea of "right" is, so I'd have been more wary.  Except, well, Sammy.  *sigh* 

2.  Seriously, did they have to make Dean so stupid that he actually believed that Michael would vacate?  And to whom?  The only other vessels nearby were Sam and Jack, and I'm guessing that wouldn't make Dean (or them) happy.  He can't just pick a random human--even regular angels explode those who aren't vessel-ready, and very few are archangel class.

3. I don't know about having a human evict an archangel.  I imagine (or at least hope) they'll have some major arguments about it (can't you see Dean arguing with himself and jerking his body around, like, "we're going here.  No, I want to go here!  No, I'm in charge!  You're not the boss of me...") :)

4. IA the flying was cheesy.  Maybe if, instead of slowing the action, they'd speeded it up so we wouldn't see all the awkward turns and random hanging in the air?  Make it more like hawks swooping on prey, almost too fast to see until they come together.  

5. I really, *really* hate to bring this up, especially now when everyone is celebrating, but I think it's extremely likely that Luci will be back.  After all, as others have noted, he was filled with nephilim grace, so there's a good possibility that a "plain" archangel blade wouldn't kill him.  Did anyone notice that his wing burn was glittery instead of charcoal?  That might be nephilim grace regenerating.  I'd suggest we all enjoy the summer believing he's gone for good, but be prepared to have him show up again next year (after all, they still need an archangel to get rid of Michael, unless Jack refills and gets better at fighting.  But then he'll be fighting Dean's meatsuit and wouldn't want to hurt it (I assume).)

6. We still have to deal with heaven being empty and hell being leaderless.  I would guess the endgame (say, series finale) would be Michael repopulating and ruling heaven, Luci ruling hell, and both staying the hell out of human affairs, and the boys retiring to the beach, but I don't think any of my guesses have been right yet, so... :)

on #2,    I'm puzzled by that,  I remember when Lucifer took up residence in Vince ,  we later learned that Vince told Lucifer he'll say yes if he will heal his sister. Lucifer did heal her. It seems that would show that conditions can be set. 

on #3,    I figure it is the same, but the Angel can set up a virtual world in the host's mind where he or she thinks all is well.

0n #4,  Yes!

on #5,  about Jack, when  Metatron took Castiel's grace, the wound was dark. When Castiel took Metatron's grace, his wound was dark. When Lucifer took Jack's grace, the wound glowed, I am guessing that there was a significant amount left behind. I figure next season he will recharge to full power.

on #6,  When Castiel was awakened in The Empty,  The Cosmic Entity told him this is where the Angels and Demons go when the die.  Castiel commented 'All the Angels?' I thought that eventually Castiel would get Jack to awaken the Angels  and the Cosmic dude would kick them out.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m not expecting him to be suddenly sunshine and rainbows but I see no reason why he would even attempt to nuke the world. The other world looks kinda angel-nuked and apparently that wasn`t to his liking, even though he did it. 

Did you see this little interview with Jensen from the Up Fronts? He talks about at how he thinks he'll approach the character. I hope they listen to him. (no spoilers)

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Did you see this little interview with Jensen from the Up Fronts? He talks about at how he thinks he'll approach the character. I hope they listen to him. (no spoilers)

LOL @ "anything but flannel!" The wondrous villain comment makes me think of Zod's ( the one from Superman II not the reboots ) realization at how powerful he was on Earth and what he could achieve with that power. Thanks for posting @gonzosgirrl :)

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

Ok, I’m rewatching and I don’t hear Mary say “call Sam” when they find Maggie’s body. She says “Maggie.” I rewound it 3 times to make sure. 

She said "call Sam" when Lucifer showed up at the bunker with Jack.

• Love 1

Based on Jensen's interview above, I think it's pretty clear that the show doesn't know yet what they're going to do with Mean.  I don't see Dean just quietly going along for the ride.  But I wonder how they'll play it?  Gadreel was able to put Sam in an imaginary space, but it shouldn't be that easy with Dean since a) he's healthy, and b) he's aware of Michael where Sam was unaware of Gadreel.  Have we determined yet whether Dean can just cast out an archangel at will?  Or will Dean think he has some modicum of control over what Michael does if he sticks with him rather than just letting him find some other vessel?  There are a lot of ways they could go with this storyline.  I just wish I weren't so pessimistic about our chances of getting something really different this time.  

We've seen lots of possessions on this show over the course of 13 seasons, but other than a few moments during Swan Song, have we ever had an entity and their host battle it out for control for any prolonged period of time?  I just don't see how they keep that going for a large block of episodes.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Have we determined yet whether Dean can just cast out an archangel at will?  Or will Dean think he has some modicum of control over what Michael does if he sticks with him rather than just letting him find some other vessel?

I think if Dean could cast him out at will, we wouldn't have seen Michael strolling down the street with him. He'd have done it as soon as Michael broke the deal. But that is a good point, would he just cast him out to inhabit some other poor soul. It also begs the question, what would happen to [Michael] if Dean did eject him. Would he circle around until he convinced some other vessel to say yes? I forget how Gadreel ended up back in Tahmoh. Could/would Michael find his way to our Heaven? Naomi said it was closed, but could an archangel just kick the door in?  

ETA: Thinking on it some more - Sam ejected Gadreel (with a fight) as soon as Crowley got through to him. So either Dean is staying willingly in hopes of influencing him not to kill people, or at least minimizing the damage (choice A), or Michael is somehow subduing him, either by force (bleh) or by subverting reality for him (more bleh).

Edited by gonzosgirrl
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

ETA: Thinking on it some more - Sam ejected Gadreel (with a fight) as soon as Crowley got through to him. So either Dean is staying willingly in hopes of influencing him not to kill people, or at least minimizing the damage (choice A), or Michael is somehow subduing him, either by force (bleh) or by subverting reality for him (more bleh).

Dean should never fall for the false reality trick, and if the writers try that, it'll piss me off.  He should absolutely remember what happened with Sam.  Sam had no reason to be suspicious of his surroundings, but Dean sure as hell should know something's up if he's not just riding shotgun with Michael.  I really hope they don't screw it up.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Dean should never fall for the false reality trick, and if the writers try that, it'll piss me off.  He should absolutely remember what happened with Sam.  Sam had no reason to be suspicious of his surroundings, but Dean sure as hell should know something's up if he's not just riding shotgun with Michael.  I really hope they don't screw it up.

I think this is much more reminiscent of Cas and Lucifer than Gadreel and Sam. As someone pointed out, Sam was unhealthy and unaware. 

Dean, like Cas before him, chose this to take care of a big bad. So yes, I think there’s probably an internal struggle going on...

• Love 1

I don't know if anyone asked this yet but what happened to this universe's Michael? The Michael of this universe is a good one and would not double cross the deal. 

I think he's in a prison, but they should be able to get him out esp with Jack..

The fight scene with Dean and lucifer was too short and cheesy. Made them look obviously hooked on to strings. Doesn't look natural as if they have wings. The fight needs to be more epic! We waiting years for this! 

14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I didn't think he was a blank slate. I think he was ultimate warrior angel. I think Christian Keyes gave him an underlying menace and also that maybe by the time he got to our world, he's thinking about a different plan.

No, I also agree with this.  But we haven't been shown a lot of his motivations apart that he wants to destroy everything and that now he wants to find a different plan. I actually am very interested in the idea of erasing sinners one by one, I don't have the transcript at hand so I can't be more precise, but it caught my attention. The angel's idea of sins, their self-righteousness against Dean Winchester's love for every aspect that makes living worth living. I hope it goes somewhere interesting. 

6 hours ago, Etoile said:

No, I also agree with this.  But we haven't been shown a lot of his motivations apart that he wants to destroy everything and that now he wants to find a different plan. I actually am very interested in the idea of erasing sinners one by one, I don't have the transcript at hand so I can't be more precise, but it caught my attention. The angel's idea of sins, their self-righteousness against Dean Winchester's love for every aspect that makes living worth living. I hope it goes somewhere interesting. 

I have always felt that there's a TON! of potential in the Michael character and especially in Dean's connection to him as Michael's True Vessel.

I just wish that we had better writers and a better showrunner to explore those things.

And I LOVE! Jensen's take in that little interview(thank you!) on how he thinks he'd like to play the character next season. IMO, it was precisely what he was going for in that last walkabout scene. And I further think that the dude who played Michael this season really came through in a big way in giving us a more nuanced portrayal of his character in the finale. That whole interaction from when he was trying to kill Dean to when he'd been beaten and humiliated by Jack was terrific. You could literally see the wheels spinning in his head  at Dean's suggestion. Very calculating, this Michael.

I cannotwait to see Jensen take on a role that he was quite simply born to play, IMO. And even if it's Dabb's/Singer's writing rendition of the character, I know that Jensen will put his own unique spin on him through the Ackting, too-just as he did with Demon Dean.

14 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

Michael could wipe his memory if he wants to. We've seen him do this before and I'd bet the ranch that is exactly what he'll do with Dean to keep him subdued inside him. He'd pretty much have to, again IMO. And he could further give him false memories, as I also think he will do.

• Love 4

I wonder if they will address what AU!Michael being here means for the world he left behind. It's gotta suck for all those angel-disciples who served under their great and powerful leader when they realize he bounced and left them to the apocalyptic world they created. Will some other winged dick step up to take his place? Or will the remaining humans be able to finally beat them back to their heaven (doubtful without Uber!Mary there to help them. #snerk). And will Bobby & the Refugees be okay with staying here now that they know Michael isn't a threat to their home anymore? I can't see this story ending any way other than Michael being reformed and saving 'our' heaven, or being permanently destroyed - so I'm guessing they are here to stay now. So Bobby and Charlie had counterparts here - will they assume their identities? Charlie was living under the radar, so that wouldn't really present a problem, but Bobby was a well-known guy in the hunting world and in Sioux Falls. And do all the other refugees have dopplegangers here as well? And will Jody meet not!Bobby? Will she and Mary have a catfight over their man? (Ack, I just made myself throw up in my mouth a little). Burning questions abound.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

Yes, I realized that when I got to that part of my rewatch, which is why I deleted my post and said “Never mind.”  I still think much ado was made about nothing but nothing I say will change the mind of those who hate her character. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Michael could wipe his memory if he wants to. We've seen him do this before and I'd bet the ranch that is exactly what he'll do with Dean to keep him subdued inside him. He'd pretty much have to, again IMO. And he could further give him false memories, as I also think he will do.

Yes, I suppose they could go for this, but I hope they don't.  I'm all for seeing Jensen portray someone else, but not at the expense of Dean.  A few episodes of no Dean would be fine, but more than that and I won't be happy.  

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Myrelle said:

And I further think that the dude who played Michael this season really came through in a big way in giving us a more nuanced portrayal of his character in the finale. That whole interaction from when he was trying to kill Dean to when he'd been beaten and humiliated by Jack was terrific. You could literally see the wheels spinning in his head  at Dean's suggestion. Very calculating, this Michael.

I agree. I also thought that it was interesting that he looked taken aback when Lucifer drained Jack's grace. I think that if he were truly "evil" they wouldn't have shown this reaction shot. Also, he was such nice eye candy to add to what we already have! *sigh*

7 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I cannotwait to see Jensen take on a role that he was quite simply born to play, IMO.

Me too. To add to that while I adore Dean I can't wait to see what's next for Jensen after SPN is a wrap.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I agree. I also thought that it was interesting that he looked taken aback when Lucifer drained Jack's grace. I think that if he were truly "evil" they wouldn't have shown this reaction shot. Also, he was such nice eye candy to add to what we already have! *sigh*

Yea, I wouldn’t mind seeing that actor back again. Even if the meat suit was dead he could appear as Keyes (like Pellegrino did with the Nick suit). The actor seems to have embraced the SPNFamily thing (at least on Twitter). 

• Love 2
On 5/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, BabySpinach said:

I believe they had her say that because Dean was so "kill Luci Happy" during Exodus so she didn't really want Dean there. Or at least that was my take on it.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if they will address what AU!Michael being here means for the world he left behind. It's gotta suck for all those angel-disciples who served under their great and powerful leader when they realize he bounced and left them to the apocalyptic world they created

Heh. Mary, not!Bobby and AU Michael have one thing in common. They left the AW and don't seem at all interested in going back either to save the rest or destroy it further.   So what happened to AU Michael's vessel? He's not dead. Did he just wander out? Will Mary and not!Bobby and Cas try to get his help to save Dean? I mean he would be the right person since AU Michael was in him for quite a while? That would be cool to give Christian Keyes more to do in the show.

• Love 2

So, did the writers forget or just ignore that a human can throw out an angel at any time he/she pleases (as long as they are still concious)? I doubt Dean would have forgotten. That's kinda crucial information.

Maybe Dean should have screamed "get out!" instead of "we had a deal!" at the end. Just a thought...

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Miles said:

So, did the writers forget or just ignore that a human can throw out an angel at any time he/she pleases (as long as they are still concious)? I doubt Dean would have forgotten. That's kinda crucial information.

Maybe Dean should have screamed "get out!" instead of "we had a deal!" at the end. Just a thought...

My headcanon is that the rules don't apply to AU Michael because AU ....reasons....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

My headcanon is that the rules don't apply to AU Michael because AU ....reasons....

Even if that were to be the case, Dean should have at least tried to throw him out.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Miles said:

Even if that were to be the case, Dean should have at least tried to throw him out.

Maybe he did in his head but AU Michael was too strong? I dunno

Just now, catrox14 said:

Seems fishy. But you go with that and I'll continue going with wishing death on this team of writers. To each what brings them more solace. :D

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Miles said:

Seems fishy. But you go with that and I'll continue going with wishing death on this team of writers. To each what brings them more solace. :D

Oh if you've read most of my posts you'll see I'm not a fan of Dabb or BL or pretty much any writer other than Steve Yockey.  LOL

(edited)

I don't think it was established that you can just revoke consent whenever you feel like it. That was the case only for Gadreel and only during the first time he possessed Sam because he, Gadreel, was weakened himself. When he was stronger, Sam couldn't eject him at will.

IMO the normal case is you say yes and the angel is in charge. Michael is at full power so it's not at all like Dean can just kick him out. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don't think it was established that you can just revoke consent whenever you feel like it. That was the case only for Gadreel and only during the first time he possessed Sam because he, Gadreel, was weakened himself. When he was stronger, Sam couldn't eject him at will.

IMO the normal case is you say yes and the angel is in charge. Michael is at full power so it's not at all like Dean can just kick him out. 

I agree. It seems they need permission to enter but cooperation after that isn't quite optional. You'd have to think that at least some of those people who said yes to the fallen angels in S9 would've ejected them once they saw what they were really up to, like Bartholomew, or about to be killed like too many to mention. 

I was also thinking about Mean's new agenda. He said he knew he made mistakes in AW and was on a more singular mission this time. Assuming he didn't kill Sam and Jack before going walkabout with Dean's meatsuit (and really, why wouldn't he, while he knows Jack's potential and Sam's history of messing with archangel's plans, but that's another post), but assuming he didn't, maybe he's not going to be as killy here as there. 

9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was also thinking about Mean's new agenda. He said he knew he made mistakes in AW and was on a more singular mission this time.

I'm betting that he will consider himself righteous-which is why for his True Vessel he would pick a bona fide "righteous man".

8 hours ago, Miles said:

We saw barely a few seconds of michael taking over. We have no idea what Dean did or did not, if he resisted or tried to kick him off, if he was too tired by the fight and the beating he took. I really hope these are things shown next season.

7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I'm betting that he will consider himself righteous-which is why for his True Vessel he would pick a bona fide "righteous man".

Oh and who better than Dean can show Michael exactly what righteous is, as opposed to self-righteous? Dean, who represents humanity in all its aspects of loyalty, bravery, love, but also enjoys everything that life can give, included those so called sins that Michael wants to erase.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Yeah- I think it’s a little different with archangels, maybe? When Luci was in Cas, Sam told him to eject him and Cas said he couldn’t because he was too strong. I know he also wasn’t willing to because he thought they needed him to beat Amara and to get Dean back from the past; but I don’t think that was the only reason. He also said something like, “I can’t eject him. It took all my strength just to stop him from killing you.”

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Etoile said:

We saw barely a few seconds of michael taking over. We have no idea what Dean did or did not, if he resisted or tried to kick him off, if he was too tired by the fight and the beating he took. I really hope these are things shown next season.

Oh and who better than Dean can show Michael exactly what righteous is, as opposed to self-righteous? Dean, who represents humanity in all its aspects of loyalty, bravery, love, but also enjoys everything that life can give, included those so called sins that Michael wants to erase.

Beautiful and comprehensive description of Dean.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

IIRC, didn’t Hannah say she could hear her host screaming for her husband? It would seem that she wanted Hannah to leave, but was unable to eject her until Hannah felt enough guilt to leave. That would support your theory. 

• Love 1

I can really only remember Gadreel in that first possession ep saying to Dean that he, Dean, can`t tell Sam what`s what because if Sam wants him gone, Gadreel would be too weak to stay and he would be expelled. That`s why the healing took some time. They healed together. Normally an angel can do the healo-presto. Obviously, Gadreel was done sooner than he let on. And when he was, Sam could do diddly squat until they did that thing with the needles and Crowley in his head.  

Here, Michael`s vessel was weakened but not Michael himself. So once Dean said "yes", there were really no take-backs. Dean tried to make a deal but in the end you can give a "conditional" yes the way you can be "a little bit pregnant" or "a little bit dead". Either you are or you aren`t. Dean said yes, hence Michael got in and predictably got in charge. 

It`s a wonder he kept to the deal for the Lucifer fight. I mean, did he think Dean would have more personal fire and that would help? It was a given that he would show up to the fight but he could have taken over from the start. Maybe he didn`t want to fight Dean and Lucifer at the same time. 

• Love 5

Based on Sam/Gadreel, the host can try to expel the angel, but the angel apparently can put up a fight.  Sam had to beat the crap out of Gadreel until he was actually able to say the words "get out".  It's probably even less simple with an archangel, since they're obviously more powerful.  I think they can be expelled, but they'd have to let their guard down long enough for the host to actually tell them to get out.  But this is SPN, so whatever we've seen happen before may not necessarily happen the same way next time.  

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Miles said:

Maybe it’s different with an archangel. Cas couldn’t toss Lucifer, could he? Amara got him out. 

• Love 3