Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Where was Dayton’s clip? 

I’m so glad VK wasn’t featured,  but also kind of bummed to not watch the train wreck it supposedly was. 

It was on Instagram

image1 (5).jpeg

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Best solos via the DCC insta page are Madeline, Lacey, and there was a rookie hopeful doing a burlesque type with terrific technique.                                                                                                      Kashara's solo lacks any real techinique - very stiff muscles, bent knees, and lack of strength in her pointing feet. However, she sells it on field presence.  Technique is not the only thing the DCC leadership look for, obviously. But she'll make it back as she's the leader of the squad. For people wondering who will be pointe, there is no way Kelly will replace Kashara as point. Not a chance. She was put there last season and stayed there. They would not demote her unless she did something damaging to the DCC brand. If she worked hard and earned it, good for her. 

Kash's solo was underwhelming. Maddie should have closed solos. I don't dislike her, but I would not like her at point this year. If she the best dancer on this team, than this really is a weak squad. She's adequate, but not phenomenal.

I realize she will be point.  This is just MY OPINION, based on what I think of HER DANCING. I literally could not give 2 shits about her accent, her personality, how fun she is, etc.

• Love 18
(edited)
9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Where was Dayton’s clip? 

On DCCheerleader's Insta.  Here's a temp. upload.  It was only a snippet.

Click to watch full size since the board loads it small.

Edited by go4luca
typo
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, 1208am said:

Here’s who I think will be cut today: Selina and Rachel. If I had to choose a third, I’d say Molly, only because she didn’t look her best in that vets photo. But it could’ve been a weird angle. We will see...!

Wow. Cutting someone based on a photo. SAVAGE!

• Love 3

Lacey, Maddie, and Gina had the best solos for vets.  I think KaShara should of done much better.  I didn't like her costume either.  It did nothing for her figure.

• Love 7

So I count 84 in that Finalist photo. Which means 61 rookie candidates. If that’s around the number, then I’m missing approximately 11 from my list. Gah!

Just now, go4luca said:

Who is this cute, sassy looking girl?

red fringe girl copy.jpg

That would be @thebrittneyelle !

• Love 6

Just catching up after getting off from work.

Lacey looked beautiful as always. Maddie and Kashara were so much fun. I love Molly's look and think she was entertaining. Tess impressed me a lot. She looked amazing. Khalyn looked FAB.

I am very impressed with what I have seen from the rookie candidates. I don't think there will be a problem filling those empty spots left by retiring veterans.

• Love 5

Not only will they easily be able to fill all the spots left open by retiring vets, but I'd say about half of the returning vets should be VERY nervous.  I doubt that the judges would eliminate half the squad, but it could be possible if they decide that the new girls are better than a lot of the 1- and 2-year vets.

• Love 9
(edited)

Auditions! It looks to me like the competition will be fierce this summer. Some great rookie candidates, which is a relief because I had largely been underwhelmed by the prep class videos and such posted in the preceding weeks. I thought the vets largely looked great, with the exception of Selina, but they're all going to have to bring it to stay on top. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Monique said:

Are they doing a fan vote or something this year?

They aren't doing the fan vote this year.  I think they discontinued it a couple years back because the only girl who won fan vote AND made it onto the squad was Loren.  The other three girls (Vivian, Jackie and Colby) all got cut in TC.  Personally, I think Vivian and Loren would have made it into TC without it while Jackie and Colby wouldn't.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Monique said:

Are they doing a fan vote or something this year?

No fan vote the last two years.

5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Not only will they easily be able to fill all the spots left open by retiring vets, but I'd say about half of the returning vets should be VERY nervous.  I doubt that the judges would eliminate half the squad, but it could be possible if they decide that the new girls are better than a lot of the 1- and 2-year vets.

The judges go by more than solos. If the vets come in with weight gain, bad interview, or did not work on what Kelli and Judy ask them to work on, or get on Kelli and Charlotte's no why in heck will I allow her back on the squad list, I can see saying goodbye to a vet.

If VK makes it to TC with a mediocre performance,  it definitely will look weird since a lot of the finalists are that good. They need to justify why they brought her to training camp with so many finalists that are better. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

If VK makes it to TC with a mediocre performance,  it definitely will look weird since a lot of the finalists are that good. They need to justify why they brought her to training camp with so many finalists that are better. 

I think they can do the same thing that they did with Brianna last year.

Edited by Cody701
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

They are in the same order on the field as they were doing solos.  Maybe someone can tell from when they were sitting in solos.

I think 2nd from the left is Nicole McIntosh (AAIA)?

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I think they can do the same thing they did with Brianna last year.

But at least Brianna had an excellent solo which even earned her a Barbie. But for VK we’ve been hearing all day that she wasn’t up to par. 

Edited by MelTexGirl
  • Love 5

Why is everyone so sure VK is going to camp no matter what? They didn't take Dayton last year. I don't see how Tina could have anymore clout than Shelly. 

• Love 9

I am a little distraught from people’s negative input on Molly’s photo appearance and dance skills. She is NOT sleeping with a football player, NOT taking nude photos, NOT an opportunist, and NOT a diva, nor would she ever be or do any of these things in a millions years. She a wholesome, fun loving, and laid back person who is a team player.

Can a good person catch a break? Geez.

• Love 9
Just now, Jennv said:

Why is everyone so sure VK is going to camp no matter what? They didn't take Dayton last year. I don't see how Tina could have anymore clout than Shelly. 

Apparently based on stories (no confirmation), she’s been saying to the finalists that she’s definitely in training camp. 

• Love 5
Just now, Take The Knee said:

I am a little distraught from people’s negative input on Molly’s photo appearance and dance skills. She is NOT sleeping with a football player, NOT taking nude photos, NOT an opportunist, and NOT a diva, nor would she ever be or do any of these things in a millions years. She a wholesome, fun loving, and laid back person who is a team player.

Can a good person catch a break? Geez.

I think  her appearance was good.  I didn't mind her solo either (at least from what the clip showed).  Its laughable people would think she is sleeping with a football player, etc.

• Love 5

I thought, for a closer, Kash's solo looked so dang sloppy. Bent legs, slow connections, it was rough for me. There's something I absolutely love about Savannah. Both she and Molly know how to work their less technical skills. Tess' extensions seemed really low, but it could look that way just because she's tall. I really liked Heather's solo, and rookie candidate Rachel absolutely killed it.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think  her appearance was good.  I didn't mind her solo either (at least from what the clip showed).  Its laughable people would think she is sleeping with a football player, etc.

I know, right! I was also pointing out the behaviors of a few "show group" divas from this year and last year. They had no shame in their game.

(edited)

I've caught up on social media after taking a nap (lol) and come to the conclusion that overall the vets are underwhelming compared to years past including the power of Lacey and Kashara as opening and closing compared to those who had the honor in years past. I don't think this has anything to do with their worth as DCC, when you're doing pom all the time a lot of your technique slips and you lose it. You have to be going to other classes throughout the year to keep it up. What this team is missing and has been missing for several years is upper vets, it seems like they have less and less every year. They used to have a ton of 5 year girls and now it's uncommon to make it there. They're missing the powerhouse soloists (in recent years Melissa, Holly, Erica types) but that has nothing to do with their competence at DCC style pom.

I think when it comes down to scoring and taking a girl into Training Camp if it's remotely close they have to go with the vet. They've invested so much time with her and she has the style. With the rookie candidates it's a gamble if she can get the style or not. Some are beautiful soloists but will never look like they fit in on a power pom squad. Even after a year with the DCC most should improve, Yuko is an example. I think she looked very powerful in her audition today where she looked like a dance risk throughout her first year. As for cuts for weight, it's a lot easier to explain keeping someone on a weight warning who's been on the squad for 5 years and a group leader (Meredith Oden a long while back) than a 1-2 year vet. 

The girls I think that are at risk for today are Christina, Selina, and Rachel. Christina for dance, Selina for weight, Rachel has leaned out but is being outdanced by rookie candidates next to her on the big screen. 

Edited by DFWBelle
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think she looks cute. Love the concept of her solo!

Oh I didn't mean she doesn't look cute.  More like my old bod is way past carrying off something like that, lol. ;o)

• Love 3

Do you think that they will really cut vets if they're so close to the calendar shoot?  I mean, they've already gotten everyone ready for it? For someone like Selina, don't you think they would of told her then that she is a risk? It was only a week or two ago that they posted that they were all getting ready for the shoot.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Personally, I think Vivian and Loren would have made it into TC without it while Jackie and Colby wouldn't.

I swear I remember Vivian specifically being told that she would have made it without the fan vote.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Do you think that they will really cut vets if they're so close to the calendar shoot?  I mean, they've already gotten everyone ready for it? For someone like Selina, don't you think they would of told her then that she is a risk? It was only a week or two ago that they posted that they were all getting ready for the shoot.

They cut girls after calendar shoot was over before they decided to move it to after finals. They may have sat down with Selina and told her to lose a few pounds, or she might be cut. Remember the vets are not safe especially if there are finalists who come in stronger, in good shape and out perform the vets. Nothing is guarantee for a vet.

1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I swear I remember Vivian specifically being told that she did make it without the fan vote.

Vivian and Loren were told they would have made it into TC without the fan vote. I could never understand Loren's appeal. I still think she did not have the DCC look even after they change her hair color when she was a rookie. Colby and Jackie would not have made it TC without the fan vote.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Maybe. Yes. No. Yes. Yes.

thoughts?

No, Maybe, Yes, No, Yes

Rachel falls out of her turn Every. Single. Time. And her kick isn't good. Very sloppy, hate to say it.

2nd from left is a maybe because she has potential for the style and is energetic but she catches my eye in a negative way at times for placement- she is trying to give you so much energy that her arms are flying all over the place and pom placement isn't accurate. 

Middle is good technically, turns and kicks are perfect.

4th is all over the place with placement and she is on the wrong foot on the ending pose even- no!

Khalyn is the best in the group for the 'it' factor.  

• Love 5

I have work tomorrow, but I just wanna Nancy drew training camp invites! Stupid east coast! I remember watching DCC as a kid and even the first season and wishing I could be like them! Unfortunately I have minimal rhythm so I just wait for my favorite reality tv show. I hope we get some fresh faces but I see some vets losing spots this year from rookies just out working them.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Misskody said:

I have work tomorrow, but I just wanna Nancy drew training camp invites! Stupid east coast! I remember watching DCC as a kid and even the first season and wishing I could be like them! Unfortunately I have minimal rhythm so I just wait for my favorite reality tv show. I hope we get some fresh faces but I see some vets losing spots this year from rookies just out working them.

I don't have to work, but I'm probably the only person in middle GA waiting and waiting ☺ the east coast struggle is real

• Love 6
Just now, GAgirl said:

I don't have to work, but I'm probably the only person in middle GA waiting and waiting ☺ the east coast struggle is real

No work for me tomorrow. But I am waiting and waiting too from Jersey! =)

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Is it weird that I'm like nervous? I keep trying to distract myself LOL

That was me last year. This year I'm more relaxed. I guess I didn't get as attached to this year's rookies as I have in the past. I hope that changes this year.

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 2