Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Agreed, her eyes are way too far apart giving her this alien look.  I look away when she's on camera.

I think her eyes are stunning. I wouldn't mind looking that good at her age. It's easy to pass judgment when we're younger than she is. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Exactly. Not sure how anyone can defend Keyra. She was obnoxious during the finals episode and her Instagram stories aren’t putting her in a better light. 

Are Brianna and  Christina the only short haired girls this season? Cianna has curls right? 

Yall. WHO IS CAROLINE?????

Yes! Cianna has curls! 

A2023E68-80CB-4A71-8919-7F20AEC389D4.jpeg

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

I don't know Keyra personally so I can't say whether or not shes is obnoxious, rude, or self-centered. I didn't think her taunting the rookies was obnoxious at all...I actually found it funny. Being late multiple times, however, is unprofessional. As a vet, she would be a role model for the new rookies. Maybe Kelli didn't feel confident that she would be a good role model. We just don't know. After all is said and done, Keyra still doesn't seem to think that being late is an issue. All of us know and have heard over and over, season after season how being punctual is critical.

Again, I don’t disagree. I was just pointing out that if Kelli is going to be given the benefit of the doubt, then I think the same should be given to Keyra and the others - even moreso IMO because they aren’t getting to craft the narrative and edit the show like Kelli is. I think being on time is important, and the DCCs care about it a lot, so the cut was justified IMO.

Do i think being late two times over the span of a year means that someone is unprofessional in the larger sense - no not really. It depends. I don’t know the situation. Being an hour late is different than being 5 minutes late IMO. One requires other people to compensate, the other probably doesn’t. (If Keyra’s tardiness had caused an issue with formations, I think there’s no way in hell Kelli would not have made sure that it made it onto the show). Being late because a massive wreck occurred just in front of you and shut down all lanes of the interstate for hours is different than being late because you just didn’t take into account regular rush hour traffic. Do the DCCs have to care about the reason? No, absolutely not, but I personally think it’s important.

So I guess I just think Keyra’s cut can be justified, and she can not be all of the things she’s been called at the same time. 

• Love 7

They seem so excited! I'm wishing them the best this year!!

Just now, Jess14 said:

Again, I don’t disagree. I was just pointing out that if Kelli is going to be given the benefit of the doubt, then I think the same should be given to Keyra and the others - even moreso IMO because they aren’t getting to craft the narrative and edit the show like Kelli is. I think being on time is important, and the DCCs care about it a lot, so the cut was justified IMO.

Do i think being late two times over the span of a year means that someone is unprofessional in the larger sense - no not really. It depends. I don’t know the situation. Being an hour late is different than being 5 minutes late IMO. One requires other people to compensate, the other probably doesn’t. (If Keyra’s tardiness had caused an issue with formations, I think there’s no way in hell Kelli would not have made sure that it made it onto the show). Being late because a massive wreck occurred just in front of you and shut down all lanes of the interstate for hours is different than being late because you just didn’t take into account regular rush hour traffic. Do the DCCs have to care about the reason? No, absolutely not, but I personally think it’s important.

So I guess I just think Keyra’s cut can be justified, and she can not be all of the things she’s been called at the same time. 

I guess if all lanes were closed on an interstate, more than one person would be late. Happening once can happen to anyone. When it happens more than once, it's a character flaw in my opinion. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

I guess if all lanes were closed on an interstate, more than one person would be late. Happening once can happen to anyone. When it happens more than once, it's a character flaw in my opinion. 

That was just an example of the mang reasons why someone could be late and not just be of poor character. Wasn’t suggesting that was the case with Keyra. Regardless, don’t wanna clog up the thread on Keyra, so I’ll move on.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I still remember this scene... Kelli seemed a bit crazy honestly considering that she got there on time, just on her own vehicle. And what kind of punishment is that? I sincerely hope she got paid that day-just imagine being a grown up and having someone locking you up in a room for 6 hours. On a sunday (presumably). I would have quit on the spot.

Well, if she can lower the standard for Cassie, VK, Morgan and a few others... she could just as easily “lower the standard” for girls like Keyra.

If I was on the team that year and heard that that was Jordan’s punishment for being late it would probably be a big “omg, what did I get myself into?” moment.

Making an adult sit in a room for hours while a major event is going on outside is just very odd and almost medieval.   I wonder if they do that to the football players when they miss the bus? - my guess is they don’t.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

She's a tough lady.

Judy wasn't impressed with Keyra at the end of last season and Kelli wasn't thrilled with how she looked in her uniform. They gave her a shot anyway. 

Imho - I do think Keyra's Instastory is proving they made a good choice to release her from the team. 

• Love 9

I wonder if this will be Lauren's last season?

Also didn't realize her and Kelsey were THAT close, that Lauren is her MOH..? We often don't see the whole picture via MTT or via social media but these girls toss around the word "best friend" each season like it's nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 12.08.54 PM.png

• Love 9
13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Who on earth is Caroline? Seriously.

Caroline and Amber were both well under the radar. I say good for them. In this situation, I'd rather be under the radar and quietly make the team.

13 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I feel like these area some of the best cameos we've seen in years.

I agree. I really hope the full length photos are equally as good this year. They've been somewhat disappointing lately. I also hope the one they use for Molly is full-front and not one of those over-the-shoulder poses that never seem to flatter.

13 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Eh... You'd be hard pressed to find someone who's literally never been late to anything work-related. My boss, who is a VP of a pharma consulting company, was late to a client meeting last year because someone blocked her into her driveway. Obviously it's not ideal and she was very apologetic, but stuff happens and no one would consider her unprofessional.

I don't think Keyra is handling the situation particularly well, for the record, but I'm just over this whole "DCCs must be perfectly perfect in every way" nonsense. You're shaking your asses and waving pom poms, not performing a heart transplant.

Sure, everyone has been late, but context matters. There's a difference between being late to "anything" and being late to a big event/performance where it impacts other people's ability to do their job. There's a also a difference in being late as a VP and being late as a worker bee.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DCCMTT2018 said:

I was there tonight.   I posted a bunch of pictures here:  https://www.instagram.com/dccmtt2018/

Thank you for sharing these.

1 hour ago, dcc.fan.always said:

We only see a piece of everything. Unfortunately, we don't see everything. As a result, we can't possibly know everything.

Every now and then, I have to take a step back from this. Kelli spends hundreds- in some cases thousands - of hours with the veterans. She sits through an extensive audition process and training camp. We, on the other hand, see a sliver of some girls' auditions - nothing at all of most of the girls' auditions. We get some photos on instagram, maybe some snippets from Stories and twitter. We see even less of the hundreds of hours of training camp, and regular season activities.

We know that the tv show is carefully crafted to tell a particular story about each candidate. We know that people's instagram pages are curated. We know that everyone can have a bad day or a good day, and any one 20 second video of a performance isn't representative of everything a performer is and is not capable of. We know we're seeing the barest tip of the iceberg. And yet...whenever decisions are made, here we come with torches and pitchforks because we know best.

I know I do it. And I keep doing it. But sometimes I have to shake my head over it.

We know Kelli, Judy and Charlotte have their own biases. Of course they do. But we're not exactly impartial, and we have 0.00001% of the information they have.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 21
27 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I am so glad Kelsey went back to dark hair. She looks great here.  

I agree. I like the cut as well. She wasn't ugly with lighter hair, but her beauty didn't come through the way it does when it's darker.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, homelife said:

I wonder if this will be Lauren's last season?

Also didn't realize her and Kelsey were THAT close, that Lauren is her MOH..? We often don't see the whole picture via MTT or via social media but these girls toss around the word "best friend" each season like it's nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 12.08.54 PM.png

I love the new hair!

9 minutes ago, PDH said:

Not a VK fan after what Ive seen and heard thus far. For one, as a former dancer trained in classical ballet with an unforgiving eye Victoria is not talented. She is a heavy dancer (not light on her feet), clunky, and sloppy. For the amount of years that she has been dancing, (since the age of 2) this Im afraid, is sadly as good as it gets for her. She IS at her best. Ive seen her dance ballet en pointe and that is NOT her forte either; horrible feet, poor turn out, and leads with her chin out. To fall out of a pirouette the way she did on the field discredits all the training she's had revealing her lack of talent. There is a way to gracefully fall out of a pirouette but she didnt use that skill. She doesn't have musicality and doesn't seem to be at one with the music. Im not impressed at all and agree completely with the weather man and Marshall's side eye. However, Cassie was pigeon toed, buck toothed, and danced 5 years with the DCC so I can see being someone's daughter has its perks here. It doesn't in the real world. Neither would have made it like Olivia and Jacie have in New York and like Holly will have in LA. 

As far as her lying to Kelli, if that IS true she has a bigger issue. Lying with intent to deceive makes you unpredictable, undermines trust, and is a very bad character flaw. If Kelli does not allow vets to return cutting them at finals for punctuality then I cannot imagine Victoria being cut in training camp, not even a DCC yet has a future as one.  It goes against all the DCC stands for and Kelli is the gatekeeper of the brand. Lying with the intent to deceive the DCC director because she is someone's daughter is worse than not inviting a vet back for punctuality, they're toxic, rude and selfish people. Hard life lesson and sad that this is Victorias only goal in life. Shame on Tina.

That’s why i don’t get how she is winning competitions. She’s quite heavy for ballet/contemporary- and I’m talking about the way she dances AND her body. No, she’s not real-life-fat, but for a dancer she is kinda bigger. And falling continuously out of turns as an “excelent lyrical dancer” just doesn’t make sense.

I’m wondering if they’re going to show the reason she got cut. I doubt it considering that she’s planning on coming back next year.

• Love 4

Someone posted on Judy's Instagram that she wishes the cheerleaders wouldn't announce who made the squad cause it makes the show less fun to watch.  Judy told her to stay off of social media...….LOL!!  I think some people forget that this isn't the Bachelor.  This is a show about real people trying out to be on a real cheerleading squad.  When they make the team after all this time, they are going to announce it to the world and who can blame them?  

2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I love the new hair!

That’s why i don’t get how she is winning competitions. She’s quite heavy for ballet/contemporary- and I’m talking about the way she dances AND her body. No, she’s not real-life-fat, but for a dancer she is kinda bigger. And falling continuously out of turns as an “excelent lyrical dancer” just doesn’t make sense.

I’m wondering if they’re going to show the reason she got cut. I doubt it considering that she’s planning on coming back next year.

After what happened this year with the lying, attitude, etc, if Kelli doesn't even plan to go thru that again and will never put her on the squad, then I hope she tells her.  And I hope she tells her soon cause this girl needs to grow up, get a Plan B and go for that.  She shouldn't be spending the next year taking prep class after prep class, posting stuff on social media about here I go again. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Kelli has a tough job. She has to pick the best of the best. There is a standard. I don't think she should lower the standard for the sake of diversity. I think it's unfair to make a statement about her character when we don't know her personally.

I think you open yourself up for said judgment when you put yourself on a reality show — and are controlling content as an EP.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I love the new hair!

Depends on the competition. I won first place in Country English with my 5 yo in his first junior class but the competition was greener than him. When was the lat time she won an event? Not to hurt her but not to exaggerate either. She did NOT get into Booker T Washington School of Performing and Visual Arts like she had stated she wanted when she was an incoming freshman. Just saying they are good at deception as is social media. To turn down a scholarship in to a prestigious school, maybe but not likely. I suspect a wait list and just

didnt get activated. 

• Love 1

For anyone who knows off hand which rookies made shoe group? I know Jalyn but can’t think of the others. 

Im excited. I thought that the group with Holly, Megan, and Amy T was strong, but the last 2 rookie classes have been somewhat weak IMO. So, it’s good to know that the initial reviews of this group are very good. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

For anyone who knows off hand which rookies made shoe group? I know Jalyn but can’t think of the others. 

Im excited. I thought that the group with Holly, Megan, and Amy T was strong, but the last 2 rookie classes have been somewhat weak IMO. So, it’s good to know that the initial reviews of this group are very good. 

2018 DCC Show Group

1. Amber McMillan (rookie)
2. Amy Leonall
3. Bridget Jacob (rookie)
4. Daphne Janes (rookie)
5. Gina Ligi
6. Hannah Anderson (rookie)
7. Heather  O'Connor
8. Jalyn Stough (rookie)
9. KaShara Garrett
10. Kelli Sullivan
11. Khalyn Cole
12. Lacey Munoz
13. Lauren Parker
14. Lexie Sullivan
15. Madeline Massingill
16. Tasha Cruz
17. Tess Guidry

Jayln, Hannah, Bridgit, Amber. I think that's it.

Keyra’s instagram story about her getting cut at auditions ?. Kelli is there to do a job and that’s making a great team. If Keyra is going to be late and rub people the wrong way, then she has every right to cut her. But KEYRAS STORY?. 

Shes good friends with Erica so surprising ?? Not at all

• Love 5
On 8/15/2018 at 10:21 PM, bigskygirl said:

Cassie, Ashton, Mia, Sydney, Brooke, Tobie, Whitney, Evan Andersen, Stephanie, Olivia, and Kaitlyn. There were probably other girls, but I cannot remember their names.

Stephanie made show group???? Bc iirc she wasn't a standout. I can see kaitlyn and I definitely remember Olivia being the only rookie announced. Maybe they jump cut. They do that a lot. Bugs the crap out of me.

32 minutes ago, DCCMTT2018 said:

I saw Kelsey last night.   She is even more stunning in person believe it or not.  And I saw Jenna there too but she did not look pregnant at all.   She still looks in DCC shape.  Lots of alumni were there and I saw lots of girls who tried out but didn’t make camp.  Mary is also stunning in person!

The rookie from Hawaii with curly blonde hair was a stand out to me.   One of the short brunette rookies either Amber or Bridgette also stood out to me but I can’t remember which one.  All the rookies looked really good.  Everyone looked game ready for real.   The cameras were on Gina a lot and that girl can dance.  Ashlee looked fantastic in her introduction on the big screen, and Hannah’s Speech was adorable.

Both Amber and Bridget made SG. So they both must be outstanding.  I recall Kelli commenting positively on Ciana during finals.  They called her Hawaii, which threw me off because she was with the Trail Blazers so I thought she was from Oregon.

13 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Great photos all around for everyone. Did they change photographers? Rachel is just beautiful. Abigail Klein gorgeous.

I thought that, too!! 

Hannah is gorgeous, Briana, Ashlee, Madeleine, this is a good year.

sadly I have NO idea who Bridget, Cianna, or Caroline are. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Stephanie made show group???? Bc iirc she wasn't a standout. I can see kaitlyn and I definitely remember Olivia being the only rookie announced. Maybe they jump cut. They do that a lot. Bugs the crap out of me.

Yeah she did. Crazy, ha. And they acted like Olivia was the only rookie that made it on the show. After they were done announcing, the camera panned across the group and you could see Kaitlyn and Stephanie toward the end of the line. 

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

2018 DCC Show Group

1. Amber McMillan (rookie)
2. Amy Leonall
3. Bridget Jacob (rookie)
4. Daphne Janes (rookie)
5. Gina Ligi
6. Hannah Anderson (rookie)
7. Heather  O'Connor
8. Jalyn Stough (rookie)
9. KaShara Garrett
10. Kelli Sullivan
11. Khalyn Cole
12. Lacey Munoz
13. Lauren Parker
14. Lexie Sullivan
15. Madeline Massingill
16. Tasha Cruz
17. Tess Guidry

Thanks!! 

50 minutes ago, DCCMTT2018 said:

I saw Kelsey last night.   She is even more stunning in person believe it or not.  And I saw Jenna there too but she did not look pregnant at all.   She still looks in DCC shape.  Lots of alumni were there and I saw lots of girls who tried out but didn’t make camp.  Mary is also stunning in person!

The rookie from Hawaii with curly blonde hair was a stand out to me.   One of the short brunette rookies either Amber or Bridgette also stood out to me but I can’t remember which one.  All the rookies looked really good.  Everyone looked game ready for real.   The cameras were on Gina a lot and that girl can dance.  Ashlee looked fantastic in her introduction on the big screen, and Hannah’s Speech was adorable.

What were the routines each group did?  Is one of them the dance they did in Oxnard? I cant recall the song but it was the second dance they did. I love that routine. Thanks for sharing this with us!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

@JohnGalt kinda random, but do you happen to have any inside info on Heather and why she isn’t a GL again this year?

I thought Heather was KaShara's assistant group leader last year after Erica got the boot (and yes I do not mean the DCC boot.)

20 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I thought that, too!! 

Hannah is gorgeous, Briana, Ashlee, Madeleine, this is a good year.

sadly I have NO idea who Bridget, Cianna, or Caroline are. 

In the semis, Bridget is the gal in the dark green with exotic eyes.  She is on at about 7:15 into the tape and is shown several times in semis.  Ciana is at 15:17, the one that Kellie and Judy wonder about changing her hair color.

4 hours ago, VintageJ said:

I would love to see some natural hair on the squad.  See if I were in my 20s I would try out just to see how they would respond to my Locs.  I would dance my A— off, be spunky, powerful, high kickin, great splitting and be everything they want!  LOL!  With Locs! I would love to see what Marshall would say then.  You can color it, curl it and cut it!  It would last incredibly well on the field.  They would probably have to bring in a “specialist” to see what could be done to my hair.  (I use the term “specialist” after watching an episode of What Not to Wear (love that show) and they needed a “specialist” (AA hair dresser) to do something with an AA girl’s hair (can’t remember what the issue was - I think she needed a touch up).  Anyway, I would love to see natural AA hair on the squad.  

I think maybe they'd be ok with it. They did have *a* girl with braids one time. She was beautiful. If she auditioned today and had the talent, I think they'd let her keep her braids. Ditto for someone with locs. But there haven't been any recent examples and everyone knows what the "DCC look" is so nobody shows up to audition with braids/locs and Kelli & co certainly don't suggest it.

1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

In the semis, Bridget is the gal in the dark green with exotic eyes.  She is on at about 7:15 into the tape and is shown several times in semis.  Ciana is at 15:17, the one that Kellie and Judy wonder about changing her hair color.

Bridget is prettier now than when she was a Charger Girl.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Heather was KaShara's assistant group leader last year after Erica got the boot (and yes I do not mean the DCC boot.)

Yes, that’s why I want to know why she wasn’t chosen again this year. If she asked to not be considered, then she ptobably has a legitimate reason and might come back next year. If they’re just being passive aggressive again with one of their vets, then I can see Heather retiring too, especially now that both Heather and Maggie are off the team.

• Love 1

I'm finally caught up!!! Going back to work sucks lol. I have enjoyed reading. @JohnGalt you da real MVP!! I feel as if you're an old poster dressed in a new name. ? I'm a bit more excited for this year. I have tickets for the game today. It's preseason, so we definitely won't stay the whole time. Long.enough to see Dak,Sean Lee and Zeke get some action. ( Sean Lee is my favorite player; we share a birthday!!)Also just hang out for a bit. It's also teacher appreciation night at the ballpark so we may pop over there also. Sure hope the COWBOYS eventually move all their operations to Frisco.its basically down the road as opposed to an hour away. Doubt that happens anytime soon. Anyway, excited to see the dcc also. 

• Love 10
Just now, Hummingbird24 said:

I'm finally caught up!!! Going back to work sucks lol. I have enjoyed reading. @JohnGalt you da real MVP!! I feel as if you're an old poster dressed in a new name. ? I'm a bit more excited for this year. I have tickets for the game today. It's preseason, so we definitely won't stay the whole time. Long.enough to see Dak,Sean Lee and Zeke get some action. ( Sean Lee is my favorite player; we share a birthday!!)Also just hang out for a bit. It's also teacher appreciation night at the ballpark so we may pop over there also. Sure hope the COWBOYS eventually move all their operations to Frisco.its basically down the road as opposed to an hour away. Doubt that happens anytime soon. Anyway, excited to see the dcc also. 

Oh they’re not moving the stadium to Frisco. It’ll be in Arlington forever, or until it literally falls apart. They spent billions of dollars on that stadium and Jerry put in some of his own money. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I can tell you that she wasn’t asked to be removed from consideration and she did assume she would be a leader this year. However I’m really not at liberty to talk about the reason why. Sorry.

Thanks for the info....and that’s interesting to say the least. I just assumed that took herself out of consideration, since I don’t recall anyone else going from leader or second gl to nothing, but I guess that’s wrong. Very interesting.

• Love 10

Thanks for the info....and that’s interesting to say the least. I just assumed that took herself out of consideration, since I don’t recall anyone else going from leader or second gl to nothing, but I guess that’s wrong. Very interesting.

Anyone remember who she was grouped with last year? 

37 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I can tell you that she wasn’t asked to be removed from consideration and she did assume she would be a leader this year. However I’m really not at liberty to talk about the reason why. Sorry.

Thanks for answering :) Hope they address this on the show.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

Last and most exciting of all OMG MADDIE IS IN THE TRIANGLE!!!!!!! Personally she is one of my favorite DCC’s. I think she’s a captivating dancer and I think she looks great. I know some people think she doesn’t have the “DCC look” or whatever but obviously Kelli and Judy think she does and that’s great. I don’t believe there is such a thing as the “DCC look” as attractiveness is subjective anyway.

I was so psyched to see Maddie in the triangle when I saw the “First Thunderstruck” video on Insta that I actually squealed out loud.  (It spooked the dogs.)  She’s been one of my favorites since she first tried out and I think she’s super cute and talented. And she’s also not afraid to be a bit of a nerd either!   So glad to see her get some recognition this year!

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Oh they’re not moving the stadium to Frisco. It’ll be in Arlington forever, or until it literally falls apart. They spent billions of dollars on that stadium and Jerry put in some of his own money. 

I know. Just wishful thinking on my part.

• Love 1

Well, show is ending with the first game again this year.  DCC Instastory just showed the girls dancing with the caption “last day filming with CMT.”  I wish they’d show a little bit into the season like they did during season 6 (I think it was), but do a better job this time ??

• Love 10