Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

You're close!  It was from Chicago.

The dancer in me is cringing. I don't want to disparage another woman, however, it's difficult to see how she was able to earn a top-performance Barbie. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The Olivia rumor is the type of stuff that makes the Tara/VK rumor believable....smh. 

I would think that one of the things Kelli talks about with the girls besides the "look to the left, right - bridesmaid, friends whatever" is the importance of the squad as a whole.  Don't let a personal matter take precedence.  Appear united.  And I think when you ask most girls, they miss the daily practices and the chance to hang with friends.  But I'm sure that there is small percentage of cat fights, jealousies, bitch fests, etc.  And I'm sure someday someone will spill the tea, but until then...…...

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would think that one of the things Kelli talks about with the girls besides the "look to the left, right - bridesmaid, friends whatever" is the importance of the squad as a whole.  Don't let a personal matter take precedence.  Appear united.  And I think when you ask most girls, they miss the daily practices and the chance to hang with friends.  But I'm sure that there is small percentage of cat fights, jealousies, bitch fests, etc.  And I'm sure someday someone will spill the tea, but until then...…...

Omg! Yes! An expose preferably from a 5yr vet detailing the behind the scenes dirt. I’d buy it?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, English Teacher said:

What vets were cut in season 6? I don’t recall anyone cut. Ann Lux was close but made the team.  

Olivia S. was cut at finals after getting in to it with Cassie over how much camera time the rookies had during calendar shoot. Judy told the judges Olivia was toxic which lead her to being cut. Her cut was not mention on the show. Kaitlyn LeGrand was cut at the end of TC.

8 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Super-duper psyched to see that now that the Victoria rumors were proven false we are resuscitating the rumor that Christina is a terrible person! /s

I don’t think she’s a terrible person, just don’t think she’s that great of a dancer. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Super-duper psyched to see that now that the Victoria rumors were proven false we are resuscitating the rumor that Christina is a terrible person! /s

Did you mean the Victoria only rumors or the Victoria/Tara rumors?

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

For a job that required you to stay at a certain weight, you'd think they'd have a nutritionist on staff/on call for the entire team to access. Have each girl meet with them, assess their diet and exercise routine to the individual and use them as needed. 

I'd would absolutely LOVE to see a nutritionist on staff for the DCC, especially if he or she knows what the heck s/he's talking about.  Heck, if the DCC won't/can't pay for it, get one for the ENTIRE organization (but have the football side of it pay for the nutritionist) and make that person available to the girls as well.  Personally, I would LOVE to see Kelli and Judy take advantage of the person so that they can get the idea into their thick heads that not every girl the same height should weigh the same.  Well, Kelli and Judy aren't thick-headed about MOST things, but they seem to be willfully blind, deaf, and dumb about weight/height/body shape/body type/etc. and seem to forget that each girl is different so she's going to be a different weight than the girl next to her, despite Kelli mentioning different body types and shapes practically every time they do uniform fitting.  

13 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

I don't see where the Victoria rumors were proven false, unless you were talking about Tara instead of Victoria.  Unless I'm super dense and you truly meant that as sarcasm.

• Love 2

Somewhere I saw a photo of Christina in her high school dance/cheer uniform (don't remember which) and that is the same school Lindsey Waldrop attended.  I wonder if they knew each other and/or danced together.

Which makes me wonder..  Have their been DCCs who came out of the same high school?

7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'd would absolutely LOVE to see a nutritionist on staff for the DCC, especially if he or she knows what the heck s/he's talking about.  Heck, if the DCC won't/can't pay for it, get one for the ENTIRE organization (but have the football side of it pay for the nutritionist) and make that person available to the girls as well.  Personally, I would LOVE to see Kelli and Judy take advantage of the person so that they can get the idea into their thick heads that not every girl the same height should weigh the same.  Well, Kelli and Judy aren't thick-headed about MOST things, but they seem to be willfully blind, deaf, and dumb about weight/height/body shape/body type/etc. and seem to forget that each girl is different so she's going to be a different weight than the girl next to her, despite Kelli mentioning different body types and shapes practically every time they do uniform fitting.  

10 to 1 says the Dallas Cowboys football side has at least one nutritionist on staff. 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, and Holly P is exhibit A. She looks fantastic now - so much younger and fresher than she did as a DCC.

She is one in a very long, long, loooong list! 

1 hour ago, JohnGalt said:

Oh no I’ve created a monster. ? I’ll send it along to you too.

I mean you may as well share with the class ;p But I'll take it too---I'd love a different take on what I already know/think happened. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TyeF said:

6F182E52-D0E0-406E-A491-226CC75A5B63.thumb.jpeg.b211dd32b63a0fd80cc097dfacecf189.jpegHey everyone! I have been following this thread and other threads for a long time but I have never posted I always just read them. I am from Louisiana and Ashlee danced on a Louisiana college dance team that I am familiar with and they posted an announcement on their page congratulating Ashlee for making the team and also posted a picture of the group of rookies who made the team.

Thank you for sharing! 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, TyeF said:

6F182E52-D0E0-406E-A491-226CC75A5B63.thumb.jpeg.b211dd32b63a0fd80cc097dfacecf189.jpegHey everyone! I have been following this thread and other threads for a long time but I have never posted I always just read them. I am from Louisiana and Ashlee danced on a Louisiana college dance team that I am familiar with and they posted an announcement on their page congratulating Ashlee for making the team and also posted a picture of the group of rookies who made the team.

YAYAYAYAY!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I agree completely. Even if she gained more than her audition weight, she is in proportion. Tasha gained 10 pounds last season as was warned, then kept for a second season. IMO Tara looks better than Tasha. Something fishy is going on 

I just got done rewatching last season and I completely agree. Between the 10lb gain and completely bombing her panel interview, I really don't understand how she made the team for a second year. Vets have been cut for far less in previous years. I've also never been a huge Tasha fan. People talk about how pretty she is, but I just don't see it. Her features should work, but there's just something off about her face in my opinion. I don't know if it's that she's had work done or what, but I just don't think she has the DCC look in the face.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I am a fan of Christina. I think she has a lovely look and a good personality. She is apparently a favorite in the locker room. She is almost completely deaf in one ear (born with it, or lost it in early childhood, I can't remember which), and says she often has to rely on lip reading. That may be an issue at times and result in her not speaking as much at a meet and greet, etc.  I have some difficulty with my hearing and if a person is not looking at me, has their head down, speaks softly, or if there is a lot of background noise, I have trouble making out what is said. I don't want to look like an idiot by responding to something I probably misheard so I tend to be quieter in those situations. JMO

I get having hearing issues (personal experience but I'm not hearing impaired in any sense of the phrase), but that doesn't hold water with me in regards to my opinion that Christina can't dance nearly as well as the other girls.  Anyone remember Christina Murphy from season 2 (2007 squad)?  She was either completely deaf in one ear and mostly deaf in the other and had to work with hearing aids (I think) or is completely deaf in both ears and she was absolutely FANTASTIC as a dancer DESPITE having hearing issues.  She even made Kitty tear up when Christina M. performed her solo just before Finals.  I remember reading an article with Kristi Scales who said that she was highly impressed with Christina M. and said that her making the squad wasn't a sympathy vote, that she'd earned it and was an amazing performer during her only year on the squad.  One of the concessions they'd made for her was that she couldn't dance in the front row because she couldn't hear the music so needed the visual cues of the other dancers to know when a dance started.

I get that being hearing impaired is a HUGE issue, especially in a loud or crowded situation.  One of my close friends has to have an interpreter at work meetings, concerts, or other crowded events because she's profoundly hearing impaired to the point of being nearly deaf, but she makes it work and doesn't use it as an excuse for why she doesn't/can't do something.  She also steps up and asks someone to repeat something because she didn't catch it the first time (especially if she doesn't have an interpreter with her at the time).  @Agent Gully, you're not an idiot for not wanting to look like an idiot, but asking someone to repeat something (especially among friends who probably already know your issue) shouldn't be a big deal (but it can be, I know, especially if the conversation moves fast).

My point is, having hearing problems shouldn't excuse Christina from being a bad dancer.  It should have made her into a BETTER dancer because she had to work harder than everyone to be just as good.  Since she isn't, it's almost as if she's using it as an excuse as to why she isn't better than she is.  Again, this is just my opinion.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Sending a group message to those who have asked about Olivia so far. I really don’t want to bog this thread down with something from seven years ago. But I’m gonna have to cut it off there because I need to eat dinner already. Sorry mods for getting this thread so off track. I messed up.

No, you're fine.  It's just that rumors/speculation/gossip float around and we don't know what is what.  Therefore, anytime we have the chance to find out the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we are excited.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Hi All!

Can is ask if Victoria was actually cut and the reason why, feel like I missed something in the past six hours.  Thanks in advance.

It is a long story. Sending you a PM.

2 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Hi All!

Can is ask if Victoria was actually cut and the reason why, feel like I missed something in the past six hours.  Thanks in advance.

Yes she was cut. At this point we are under the belief that she lied to Kelli about something to do with her weight plan and possibly gossiped about having a guaranteed spot and it got back to Kelli/Judy. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

10 to 1 says the Dallas Cowboys football side has at least one nutritionist on staff. 

Well then, if they DO have a nutritionist on staff, then Kelli and Judy should not only be consulting with that person on a regular basis, but should be picking their brains about healthy eating habits for the girls.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It is a long story. Sending you a PM.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Yes she was cut. At this point we are under the belief that she lied to Kelli about something to do with her weight plan and possibly gossiped about having a guaranteed spot and it got back to Kelli/Judy. 

Thanks for the update.

19 minutes ago, TyeF said:

Thank you! Can someone please tell me who these girls are... ?‍♀️ I only know Jaylyn, whose hair looks great, and Gabby, Erin and Brennan!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, TyeF said:

From the TCC collage posted on here I kept thinking “yikes” at the picture of Ashlee. That is not a flattering picture of her at all, based on this picture she’s gorgeous.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Well then, if they DO have a nutritionist on staff, then Kelli and Judy should not only be consulting with that person on a regular basis, but should be picking their brains about healthy eating habits for the girls.

They should deal with what happens when the girls come back from the photo shoot and start to "eat" again.  I think they were sent juices to use one year before they left.  I also think they shouldn't follow the "Nicole" diet.  I think she is gorgeous, but when she was eating nothing but juices and protein bars to keep the weight off...in that I think the nutritionist was right to talk to her (sorry!).  Also, they need appropriate snack ideas for nights they practice for hours.  I know they are provided food on game days.  But....meet them halfway.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, TyeF said:

They look adorable. Congrats on the hard work that got them here!

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They should deal with what happens when the girls come back from the photo shoot and start to "eat" again.  I think they were sent juices to use one year before they left.  I also think they shouldn't follow the "Nicole" diet.  I think she is gorgeous, but when she was eating nothing but juices and protein bars to keep the weight off...in that I think the nutritionist was right to talk to her (sorry!).  Also, they need appropriate snack ideas for nights they practice for hours.  I know they are provided food on game days.  But....meet them halfway.

I do remember one of the girls or Jay saying the girls drink one small can or bottle of a high energy drink on game day. I cannot imagine the caffeine in even one of those small bottles. I am surprise Jay said it was okay.

My eye doctor gave me and my hubby a magnet for our fridge with a list of 100 calories or less snack list. A lot of the suggestions look good. Too bad I could not find a way to send it to the girls.

7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I didn't have a problem with them sending someone to talk to Nicole, I had a problem with who they chose to talk to her. As soon as she started talking about "carbonation causes cellulite" it was clear she was full of crap. If they're going to have someone give the girls nutrition advice, it should be a registered dietician. In Texas(and most if not all other states), "nutritionists" are completely unregulated. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember one of the girls or Jay saying the girls drink one small can or bottle of a high energy drink on game day. I cannot imagine the caffeine in even one of those small bottles. I am surprise Jay said it was okay.

My eye doctor gave me and my hubby a magnet for our fridge with a list of 100 calories or less snack list. A lot of the suggestions look good. Too bad I could not find a way to send it to the girls.

There was an interview done at Valley Ranch with Ally and Abigail and they said almonds and apples were the big snack items.  I was wondering as well, when they girls were at Valley Ranch and were told to take a water break, did they really just use those two fountains?  I'd be carrying around one of those Big Gulp cups to practice - the 110 oz.  And for the days we were outside, a bag of ice.

• Love 1

I am actually quite sad for VK. Yes I believe it was her immaturity and foolish behaviour that for her cut, but when you follow someone’s journey to building up to audition, finally being old enough and then making training camp, I can only imagine how upset she is 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

I'd love to know what it is about Christina that got her on the squad.  It clearly wasn't talent.  Maybe she's related to someone in the DCC organization.  She really is horrible and I once saw her at a meet and greet, and she was super rude and entitled.  

She's definitely improved over the years and has shown a willingness and drive to learn and progressing. I think that's what got her on the team. She isn't a TERRIBLE dancer.

2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I am a fan of Christina. I think she has a lovely look and a good personality. She is apparently a favorite in the locker room. She is almost completely deaf in one ear (born with it, or lost it in early childhood, I can't remember which), and says she often has to rely on lip reading. That may be an issue at times and result in her not speaking as much at a meet and greet, etc.  I have some difficulty with my hearing and if a person is not looking at me, has their head down, speaks softly, or if there is a lot of background noise, I have trouble making out what is said. I don't want to look like an idiot by responding to something I probably misheard so I tend to be quieter in those situations. JMO

That makes a lot of sense now. I remember she used to irritate me her first year in TC when she spoke b/c there was something "off" about how she spoke that really annoyed me.

55 minutes ago, TyeF said:

6F182E52-D0E0-406E-A491-226CC75A5B63.thumb.jpeg.b211dd32b63a0fd80cc097dfacecf189.jpeg

Hey everyone! I have been following this thread and other threads for a long time but I have never posted I always just read them. I am from Louisiana and Ashlee danced on a Louisiana college dance team that I am familiar with and they posted an announcement on their page congratulating Ashlee for making the team and also posted a picture of the group of rookies who made the team.

Congrats to the girls! This confirms that our insiders know what they're talking about (so leave them alone! lol). The girls are cute, but I'm gonna need some chocolate girls to audition and make the team!

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

My point is, having hearing problems shouldn't excuse Christina from being a bad dancer. 

I think @Agent Gully was using Christina's hearing impairment to defend her regarding the accusation that she's a rude diva.

7 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

She's definitely improved over the years and has shown a willingness and drive to learn and progressing. I think that's what got her on the team. She isn't a TERRIBLE dancer.

Yes!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Did anyone else notice that the locker room had not been changed for the rookies names and cameo photos?  (Cersten, Stephanie, Simone, and Chantel are still up.)

That is weird cuz usually they announce the team and then say ‘Now go see ur new locker room!’

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Did anyone else notice that the locker room had not been changed for the rookies names and cameo photos?  (Cersten, Stephanie, Simone, and Chantel are still up.)

It stays like that until Meet the Team and I guess the fix it up while the girls are performing and after they get to go see. At least that is what the show has shown them do for the past 2 years.

• Love 5
Just now, Trixi said:

That is weird cuz usually they announce the team and then say ‘Now go see ur new locker room!’

Last year they didn't have the locker room ready until after the Meet the Team night.

• Love 2

I don't want to overload poor John Galt (who has become an awesome addition to this place) with people to send the Olivia story to so can one of you send it to me once you receive it?

I loved Olivia S. and her spunk. She was the only rookie to make Show Group that year and that always impressed me.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I don't want to overload poor John Galt (who has become an awesome addition to this place) with people to send the Olivia story to so can one of you send it to me once you receive it?

I loved Olivia S. and her spunk. She was the only rookie to make Show Group that year and that always impressed me.

Me as well pretty please!!! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

And me to 

31 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I am actually quite sad for VK. Yes I believe it was her immaturity and foolish behaviour that for her cut, but when you follow someone’s journey to building up to audition, finally being old enough and then making training camp, I can only imagine how upset she is 

Personal opinion aside. I sincerely hope VK takes a week or two to be hurt, then brushes it off and focused on ways to improve herself. I think an out of state college would be a great idea if she can transfer from TMU. Try out for a college dance team, join a sorority, move out of mommy and daddy's house and gain some real, hard life experience. And if, after you graduate, you still want to be a DCC then come on out and try again. By that point I believe the show will be gone and she can quietly get through the process and onto the team. By that point, her foolish 18 year old behavior will be brushed off as immaturity and she'll be more accepted. 

• Love 8