Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, KatieLen said:
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

What is the green screen work for?  I don't remember seeing that in the past.

They use it for the stadium screens inside as a way to showcase the girls

This is Lacey's for this year...

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Nene said:

In order to NOT count the hours until Season 13 gets here, I've been watching the old episodes on Amazon (drawback is that Seasons 1-3 aren't available). In one of the last couple of seasons, one of the TC candidates does REALLY well at something, I think it's during a night of Training Camp, and Kelli makes the comment along the lines of "these Mormon girls are a surprise" or something like that, it's not said in a mean way, but in a complimentary way and that's not the exact quote. I know that Maddie (Massingill) is Mormon but who were the others? I was just curious. I do a bit of Mormon history and culture research so I'm interested in anything pertaining to Mormons and their history and religion. I am a HUGE fan of Maddie and I was SO happy to see her come back and make it onto the DCC!!

I was able to pick up a DVD of Season 2 from ioffer.com.  I checked with the person who sold it to me to see if she had Season 1, but she had inadvertently thrown her VHS copy out years ago.  Not sure if she still has Season 2, but you could check.  

(edited)
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

They did Lauren's hair darker,  not sure I like it.  

On this picture I don't think it looks a whole lot darker than it did last year.  But I wonder if she got extensions, I don't recall seeing her hair this long.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Lauren...I did not even recognize her in the pic they posted of the vets posing for their cameo shots.  Maybe hair is overdone? Makeup diff? 

I grew up in the Midwest and it soda is called POP!  When I moved to the south and told a new friend I wanted a pop, they were confused!  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

I liked Sammantha Clark..I thought she was just gorgeous.  I would love to see her 2nd year solo.  It is one Kelli said she didn’t want it to end.

She is one of my all time favorite DCC's. She was a great performer. They moved her way up in the formation her second year. If she had stayed for a third or fourth year, she might have been point. Didn't she get the cover of the calendar? I think she retired to finish school. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

She is one of my all time favorite DCC's. She was a great performer. They moved her way up in the formation her second year. If she had stayed for a third or fourth year, she might have been point. Didn't she get the cover of the calendar? I think she retired to finish school. 

She made the cover of the Dallas Cowboys Magazine Swimsuit Calendar edition her second year.  I would not be surprised if she did make the swimsuit calendar. I think she is engaged now. No idea when she is getting married.

2 hours ago, KatieLen said:

They use it for the stadium screens inside as a way to showcase the girls... See Kelsey's from last year. 

This is just ‘80s awful.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 6 had 17 vets and 17 rookies. Season 7 had 20 vets and 19 rookies. Johannah Liad was going to try out for her third year in Season 6, but she found out she was pregnant before auditions started. One year vet Olivia S. was cut at finals. She got into it with Cassie during the calendar shoot because Cassie was complaining about rookies getting more calendar shoot time in front of the camera, and Olivia was defending the rookies. Judy went to finals and told the judges Olivia was being toxic leading to her being cut. She was not shown at all

I remember a video with Olivia and another TCC (Katelynn Johnson possibly?) making fun of Kelli and Judy.

• Love 1

So here are some photos from our DCC Groupie trip to Dallas! This first one is what Valley Ranch looks like now. Kinda sad, really.

ValleyRanchnow.jpg

We were in the lobby of the Star after our tour and the guide told us to look up to see the DCC office. You can see a cutout of one of the cheerleaders in a Christmas costume.

Kellisoffic.jpg

• Love 5
(edited)

These are the only pictures of former cheerleaders I saw during our tour of AT&T Stadium when they took us down the hall where the suites were. There may be more elsewhere in the stadium, the place is HUGE. I actually saw Abigail Klein's photo twice. Michelle Keys' I only saw once.

KaitlinIlsing.jpg

MichelleKeys.jpg

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

These are the only pictures of former cheerleaders I saw during our tour of AT&T Stadium when they took us down the hall where the suites were. There may be more elsewhere in the stadium, the place is HUGE. I actually saw Kaitlin Ilsing's photo twice. Michelle Keys' I only saw once.

KaitlinIlsing.jpg

MichelleKeys.jpg

Isn't the top picture Abigail Klein?

• Love 1

We took our babymoon in DFW last year and went to see the stadium. Simply amazing! I have a picture of my husband in front of Holly’s locker/dressing area and this was right around the time everything went down last year. It was when her twitter went radio silent. We were hoping they had all the new rookie’s names up but they didn’t. They didn’t announce the team until the next week. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

You're RIGHT! I always get them mixed up. I just fixed it. Thanks!

They are both so beautiful and they do look a lot alike. Love the picture of Michelle Keys--girl can rock lots of hair colors/styles. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

We took our babymoon in DFW last year and went to see the stadium. Simply amazing! I have a picture of my husband in front of Holly’s locker/dressing area and this was right around the time everything went down last year. It was when her twitter went radio silent. We were hoping they had all the new rookie’s names up but they didn’t. They didn’t announce the team until the next week. 

They had all of last season's cheerleaders' pictures up in the locker room, including the ones that left early like Milan and Kalyssa (which surprised me). I didn't think to look to see if Erika was up there, but I don't think she was. The retired girls like Jenna and Jinelle were also still up.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't they just have time off?  If she went back to Kentucky, she probably just picked it back up "full strength" :)  

haha full strength is right!

• Love 1
On 7/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, Taralightner said:

Because she might get hit by a shuffleboard shuttle cock? Run over by an over zealous shopper wearing sunglasses inside? Lost in the endless 24 hour buffet line?

THIS..LOLOLOL!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

They have some incredible photos of the best of the Best DCC at the stadium. We sat club level last year and inside there is this photo of kelsi Reich that is jaw dropping 

Kelsi is gorgeous, and when she smiles, she is stunning.  I would have liked to have seen her solos.

• Love 9
On 7/22/2018 at 5:32 PM, Donna S said:

Ok, am I the only one that see's the look that Kelly is giving Judy in the top left pic. It looks like she just heard some shocking information...lololol. 

• Love 2
On 7/23/2018 at 9:11 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Lindsay Arnold from DWTS is mormon and from Utah as well...I think Whitney is too.

Lindsay's little sister Jensen just made top 10 of DWTS...sorry I know its not DCC related.

32 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Ok, am I the only one that see's the look that Kelly is giving Judy in the top left pic. It looks like she just heard some shocking information...lololol. 

Clearly, she’s saying: “why is Jessica cutting her wedge salad with a spoon?”

lol 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Lindsay's little sister Jensen just made top 10 of DWTS...sorry I know its not DCC related.

Isn't she on SYTYCD? I'm a couple episodes behind, so I don't know who makes top 10.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2018 at 8:48 AM, GBPackersfan said:

Season 3 is still there. I just rewatched it last week. 

Could you tell me how Amazon works? I would like to watch the older seasons too. Is there a website you go to and rent the Seasons or do you purchase an actual video? 

17 minutes ago, Banyon said:

Could you tell me how Amazon works? I would like to watch the older seasons too. Is there a website you go to and rent the Seasons or do you purchase an actual video? 

Amazon Prime video is just like Netflix or Hulu  

Go to amazon prime on your device or TV internet interface (Roku, firestick, some TVs have an internet interface built in). Search for DCC making the team. You can purchase digital seasons- to be played on TV with an internet connection (you will need the amazon prime app), through a Roku, or firestick. Or you can watch on a iPhone, iPad or other smartphone using the app for amazon video- again, I think the app is Amazon Prime). 

I use the prime “channel” on a Roku on one tv and a firestick on another tv) 

There may also be DVD’s available on amazon.com, but I haven’t searched for those. 

I hope this makes sense. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Kayce said:

So I guess it's safe to assume Lexie made SG since she is in the pic of the gals going to Oxnard (Lauren and Gina) .

Is it also possible that they took some vets in addition to show group? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Go to amazon prime on your device or TV internet interface (Roku, firestick, some TVs have an internet interface built in). Search for DCC making the team. You can purchase digital seasons- to be played on TV with an internet connection (you will need the amazon prime app), through a Roku, or firestick. Or you can watch on a iPhone, iPad or other smartphone using the app for amazon video- again, I think the app is Amazon Prime). 

There may also be DVD’s available on amazon.com, but I haven’t searched for those. 

I hope this makes sense. 

If you have a Firestick, you can download Terrarium TV.  They have seasons 3-12, with most of the episodes, maybe a few missing.  And it is free

Oops

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

If you have a Firestick, you can download Terrarium TV.  They have seasons 3-12, with most of the episodes, maybe a few missing.  And it is free

Oops

Thanks! I don’t own seasons 11 or 12 yet... I will check it out. 

So if we go by who is pictured in the Oxnard insta stories for show group we have: Kash, Kaylan, Tasha, Lacey, Tess, Gina, Lexie, Lauren, Madeline, Kelli, Heather and Amy. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

So if we go by who is pictured in the Oxnard insta stories for show group we have: Kash, Kaylan, Tasha, Lacey, Tess, Gina, Lexie, Lauren, Madeline, Kelli, Heather and Amy. 

So that’s 12... and they wouldn’t show a pic of the TCC that made show group. There’s 4 more spots that we don’t know because we haven’t seen them in pics. There COULD be as many as 4 rookies that make show group 

• Love 1

Would rookie show group members be allowed to go to Oxnard?  They haven't officially made the team yet so why shove them out into public and let people know that at least these 4 made the team.  There's only been one other time that I can remember where rookie show group members were allowed to perform before the team was officially announced, yet I seem to remember Kelli saying something along the lines of "I really didn't want to allow the rookie show group members to perform, but we didn't have a choice.  They needed to be out there."

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Would rookie show group members be allowed to go to Oxnard?  They haven't officially made the team yet so why shove them out into public and let people know that at least these 4 made the team.  There's only been one other time that I can remember where rookie show group members were allowed to perform before the team was officially announced, yet I seem to remember Kelli saying something along the lines of "I really didn't want to allow the rookie show group members to perform, but we didn't have a choice.  They needed to be out there."

Rookie show group members performed either last year at an event before the team was announced. The Access Hollywood guy asked them what was next after that performance and Lauren and Gina answered “practice.”  He then said, “well I think you have a good shot at making it.” 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I hope this makes sense. 

Thank you sooooo much for responding!! I just had no clue and your info has helped tremendously! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Clearly, she’s saying: “why is Jessica cutting her wedge salad with a spoon?”

lol 

“These girls had better not finish all of this food. That uniform is UNFORGIVING!” 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Kash, Kaylan, Tasha, Lacey, Tess, Gina, Lexie, Lauren, Madeline, Kelli, Heather and Amy. 

This list of girls seems like an obvious, albeit safe selection for Showgroup - no real surprises in there, but not the most exciting group either, to be honest.  Last year I liked that there were a couple of unexpected additions, particularly Stephanie and even Tasha.  If these are the vets from this year's show group, it seems a bit ho-hum bland. 

I was really expecting to see more second year vets: Tara, Rachel, Molly, etc.  I was honestly even expecting to see Savannah in there, just for her red hair.  But thank God, no Christina, that would have been the wrong kind of surprise!!  Lexie is really the only exciting new addition to the group, imho.  

I wonder what Rookies made it. Hoping that those girls will be the spice to an otherwise oatmeal Showgroup.  

I'm really going to miss Robin and Cersten!

PS - Edited to add: Just realized that this year all of the 1st and 2nd Group Leaders are in Showgroup.  There's usually a couple people who don't make show group even if they are GL's... Bess, Angela, Danielle (?)... Has this ever happened before?

Edited by Stee
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Stee said:

This list of girls seems like an obvious, albeit safe selection for Showgroup - no real surprises in there, but not the most exciting group either, to be honest.  Last year I liked that there were a couple of unexpected additions, particularly Stephanie and even Tasha.  If these are the vets from this year's show group, it seems a bit ho-hum bland. 

I was really expecting to see more second year vets: Tara, Rachel, Molly, etc.  I was honestly even expecting to see Savannah in there, just for her red hair.  But thank God, no Christina, that would have been the wrong kind of surprise!!  Lexie is really the only exciting new addition to the group, imho.  

I wonder what Rookies made it. Hoping that those girls will be the spice to an otherwise oatmeal Showgroup.  

PS - Edited to add: Just realized that this year all of the 1st and 2nd Group Leaders are in Showgroup.  There's usually a couple people who don't make show group even if they are GL's... Bess, Angela, Danielle (?)... Has this ever happened before?

I really happy to see Lexie make show group she seems to really fit in well 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Stee said:

Not all of the cheerleaders “try out” for show group.  They just make it look like they do for the tv show.

• Love 4
On 7/23/2018 at 6:05 PM, Jessinvirginia said:

Babe no. That’s jehovah’s witnesses. Hard core Mormon here. No coffee, alcohol, or tea... but music and holidays we’re all in.

Where in Virginia are you?  Richmond here.

43 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Not all of the cheerleaders “try out” for show group.  They just make it look like they do for the tv show.

Yeah I think they only try out if they want to 

On 7/23/2018 at 9:20 AM, Law Mom said:

They don't drink cola, but they are so into soda that Provo has a soda bar on every corner.

Excuse me for interjecting but I am Mormon and we do drink soda, every kind. Some of us even drink coffee and tea. One can still be a "good' Mormon and do those things. In fact they have even started selling cola drinks at the stadium in Provo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Danielle had a full-time job and could never do the commitment to show group. I'm also not sure that she would've made it on because she wasn't the strongest dancer especially when she first started. Not sure about Amy Was she on show group last year or did she just sub in sometimes?

• Love 1
On 7/23/2018 at 6:36 PM, Taralightner said:

Thank you. Don’t I feel like a uneducated, sickle footed, low kicker. Sorry about that! 

You’re darling and there are a bazillion religions. We’re all weird in our own way. Easy to mixup. ?☺️☺️

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Stee said:

But thank God, no Christina, that would have been the wrong kind of surprise!!

Given that Judy and Kelli seem to like Christina, in a way, I'm surprised she didn't end up on Show Group.  Fortunately, she's not good enough of a dancer IMO to have made it, even if they were being generous that night.  She has too much to overcome in order to get there, including a group of girls who not only happen to be super-talented, but are generally better dancers overall than she is.

• Love 2