Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Slate said:

I love Kashara's hair like that.

Me too.  And I wish Amy's was still long.  Her current hair cut is cute, but I thought she looked good with longer hair.  I'm just jealous cause I have thyroid problems, and I want long, thick hair like these girls have and when they cut it off, I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

19 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I hope she doesn't give them the luxury of her trying out again.  They had their chance.  I have a feeling she is going to be blessed with the favor of something so much grander than being a cheerleader!!!!!  It may have worked out in her favor that they cut her.  

I absolutely agree with you!  I mean, really, how many DCC have used their time of the squad as a stepping stone to fame and riches?  For every Kelli and Judy there are probably a couple Kaitlin LeGrandes and Chelsea Cheneys (spelling?).  I should say, though, that that really, really gorgeous DCC who snagged a Cowboy did pretty well for herself :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I absolutely agree with you!  I mean, really, how many DCC have used their time of the squad as a stepping stone to fame and riches?  For every Kelli and Judy there are probably a couple Kaitlin LeGrandes and Chelsea Cheneys (spelling?).  I should say, though, that that really, really gorgeous DCC who snagged a Cowboy did pretty well for herself :)

I don’t know... lots of teaching jobs at huge studios, lots of master classes (and in-demand people can get A LOT of money for a master classes) lots of entre-points to other professional jobs, that DCC title is a strong resume builder in the dance world. I mean didn’t Erica just land a new teaching position at a prestigious studio? 

52 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

?????  I WANT SPOILERS!!!!!!!! ?????

I’ll take a little squirt of a strong, plausible speculation at this point. Lol 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wish Amy's was still long.  Her current hair cut is cute, but I thought she looked good with longer hair. 

Same!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

?????  I WANT SPOILERS!!!!!!!! ?????

Well, Kelli is on vacation and she left part of her hair on the pillow.  I thought that was hilarious! 

B3E6ACFE-2C52-429C-87D4-FACBCD5D072C.jpeg

• Love 8
6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I honestly think part of it was how hard core she was dieting.  i remember reading somewhere that she said she was basically eating veggies and doing juice cleanses all summer to stay thin ... that would make me INSANE. lol

So much this.  Also, when you've been insecure about your weight, and then you finally lose it, it feels kind of unbelievable - both in the sense of being positive, and also in the sense of "is that really me"?  It took me a long time to get used to being slimmer after I'd lost a lot of weight.  It's not so much a vanity thing as it is that you feel like it's suddenly going to come back, and you're worried you can't really be that small, and that you look silly in your clothes.  I'm sure that since weight was the basis for her cut the previous year, it was the kind of thing she couldn't help hyperfocusing on.  Also, she went through a difficult breakup just before training camp, and for a girl as emotional as she is, I wasn't surprised she was having problems.  I can't remember who said it, but a year or two back an insider mentioned that Vivian was really a sweetheart, just really, really "extra".  I was glad to know that about her, and it made me like her more.  I was such a fan of hers the first season.

That said, where she lost me was when she started trying to throw other girls under the bus during her final cut.  I'm sure she wasn't thinking straight, but I hate it when people do that kind of thing.  And Melissa RS's response to Vivian saying she was insecure ("you hide it well", in a very dry tone), was telling - and hilarious ?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

She's the one on the left here 

Wow I forgot how much better KaShara's hair looks long! 

Re Karen: I always thought it was weird that Kelli literally did nothing to her during her makeover. She looked very juvenile and not like a DCC and they basically kept her look the same. Didn't even try to glam her up

• Love 5
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Me too.  And I wish Amy's was still long.  Her current hair cut is cute, but I thought she looked good with longer hair.  I'm just jealous cause I have thyroid problems, and I want long, thick hair like these girls have and when they cut it off, I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am the opposite. I like Amy's hair shorter because it is nice to see at least one girl without the same hair style and length the majority of the girls have. In my opinion, a lot of the girls would look better with shorter hair and bangs.

10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

She's the one on the left here 

I don’t remember Holly being that tiny her rookie try-out. I always think of her as more muscular not stick thin. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Re Karen: I always thought it was weird that Kelli literally did nothing to her during her makeover. She looked very juvenile and not like a DCC and they basically kept her look the same. Didn't even try to glam her up

Seems like the girls they intent to cut or think they'll won't make it they don't do much to. In season 3 Brandi Kilby didn't get much of a makeover (they kept her hair curly). When she came back in season 4 they straightened hair and she made the squad. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am the opposite. I like Amy's hair shorter because it is nice to see at least one girl without the same hair style and length the majority of the girls have. In my opinion, a lot of the girls would look better with shorter hair and bangs.

But the bangs have to be long enough to flip:)  I like when the girls get their hair styled sleek and straight, but I realized that if you flip curly, wavy, just rolled out of bed hair for a long period of time, it still looks good.  Not great, but kind of sexy.  If you flip sleek, straight hair for two quarters of a football game and you don't have the right product on it, it doesn't land back where it is supposed to and you have one chunk of hair going that way.  You have a chunk that sticks out or it goes flat.  #speakingfrompersonalexperiencenotevendoinganythingphysical:/

• Love 1
10 hours ago, raindancer said:

Also, when you've been insecure about your weight, and then you finally lose it, it feels kind of unbelievable - both in the sense of being positive, and also in the sense of "is that really me"?

Like me the 1st time I got a really good blowout.  When I left the salon I swear I looked at myself in every window I walked by, thinking that can't possibly be me with pretty hair. Kelli and Judy would have loved me that day :)

• Love 8

@ShellyB

Can you please give us a few little hints? 

Show Group: who is new this year? You don’t have to give a name, but how about a first initial and a sounds like? For example: first initial T and sounds like Sara...

Which RETURNING TCC is doing the best so far? First initial B and sounds like Hennan? 

Lol- I realize that this might not be possible, but hoping to get some style points or pity? 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Well we already know who got cut. Aside from who made show group, what other spoilers do you want?

Well last year when we found out who made show group, we knew who the rookies were that made it.  We even had at least one video clip of kick-line and soon after a video of a newly taught routine, both of these were on the outdoor field at the star. There were probably 3 different guest choreographers that we saw pictures of by this time.  Perhaps that was all because it was the first year at the star. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Well we already know who got cut. Aside from who made show group, what other spoilers do you want?

If there were any other cuts, who has gotten called into Kelli's office, does anyone have weight warnings.  There are LOTS of things a nosy person like me wants to know! :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

If there were any other cuts, who has gotten called into Kelli's office, does anyone have weight warnings.  There are LOTS of things a nosy person like me wants to know! :)

Who made show group?

Who has the best and worst “style”?

Are returning TCC’s going to make it?

Any drama? 

How are vets doing? 

Any jump split casualties? 

Who is this year’s low kick victim? 

Who gets swallowed by the field practice, and who has a problem with the entrance? 

Of course I read the last two chapters of a book before I start it. I watch the last 10 minutes of a movie before I pop the popcorn. I like to KNOW what’s going to happen. A little neurotic, I guess, but it works for me... lol. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

Who made show group?

Any drama? 

How are vets doing? 

Who gets swallowed by the field practice, and who has a problem with the entrance? 

Of course I read the last two chapters of a book before I start it. I watch the last 10 minutes of a movie before I pop the popcorn. I like to KNOW what’s going to happen. A little neurotic, I guess, but it works for me... lol. 

Inquiring minds want to know.  :0

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Inquiring minds want to know.  :0

Like do they get bathroom breaks ever hell I give them credit for just wearing white I have always feared wearing white pants or shorts

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Who made show group?

Any drama? 

How are vets doing? 

Yep. I do too!  I live for spoilers so any news is most welcome!

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, luvboo said:

Like do they get bathroom breaks ever hell I give them credit for just wearing white I have always feared wearing white pants or shorts

Right??? Can you imagine being bloated, worried about the white small shorts during those days of the month KNOWING that your kicks are going to be that huge HD screen????  Yikes!  Sorry admins- back on topic now! 

• Love 4
Just now, DCCroutineFAN said:

Shout out to all my fellow spoilees...     If we arent gonna get much spoiling right now,  some really funny GIFs  would be great!  Moni had the best ones!!!

I want to start a game...”who said that?”

Posters can post quotes from previous seasons then others can name who said it and why. Winners can award themselves a treat.  Losers get a small punishment given by the original poster- do 5 push ups, do a 30 second plank, stretch hamstrings etc. I don’t know where to post this game, though. Any interest? Any suggestions on where to put it? 

• Love 3
On 7/6/2018 at 9:54 AM, DBAAT said:

I get that, but they aren't consistent with that rule. Keyra was way more muscular than Vivian, yet they took her. They said her power made up for it, but the first year Vivian tried out, she was a total power house. They said that Taryn had low kicks, but Mckenzie, Kali and others had way lower kicks and made it. The one who upset me most was the super cute hispanic girl named Mandy a few years back. They told her she was too short. She was one of the most beautiful girls ever, great dancer and looked great in the uniform. 

I knew Taryn was gone when Kelly looked at a photo of her (the ones they look at when "sorting" TCCs out) and said, "She's got some thighs."  Bless her heart, she could of kicked to her nose with glitter flying from her hind end, and she would not have made DCC.

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

On 7/6/2018 at 8:30 PM, NMDD43 said:

Karen has that weird bobblehead thing going on in that photo. IIRC, she had issues with her photo shoot. I liked her. She seemed like a very sweet young lady. 

Edited by tinabee1967
(edited)
5 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Shout out to all my fellow spoilees...     If we arent gonna get much spoiling right now,  some really funny GIFs  would be great!  Moni had the best ones!!!

"And I turned into a beautiful swan!"

https://giphy.com/gifs/game-of-thrones-quote-gif-tolFEWW90XwoE

Pretty much anytime I see Ally Traylor or Sydney:

https://giphy.com/gifs/the-golden-girls-lJgwxq3D1ebT2

Whenever Judy yells:

https://giphy.com/gifs/luann-de-lesseps-i-hear-you-can-3o72F6XD7Z1HCQIJEY

Listening to yet another sob story:

https://giphy.com/gifs/sister-4LwKrBfFQgBaw

Bad audition:

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactionseditor-3og0IQvQkzyfxgjzLa

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

When Jay is putting the girls through one of his "punishing" workouts, particularly when he had Grace Lee jump on boxes:

https://giphy.com/gifs/ouch-40-days-and-nights-shannyn-sossamon-ugZIZgMzzrLdC

Drunk guys in the stands during the first performance:

https://giphy.com/gifs/bears-beards-galifianakis-1cjYPNLvodoBO

All of the candidates during prelims who will eventually get cut, but don't realize it yet.

https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-mrw-JjEf8lm4kOjza

When your favorite rookie gets called into the office and it is cut night:

https://giphy.com/gifs/savingthrow-game-reaction-c6Xspc1sH6lsPyY5uS

Body fat measurements:

https://giphy.com/gifs/glee-lea-michele-cheeseburger-pgZisDSFmIzU4

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Oh, I felt bad when Mandy got cut as well. If looks could have created a 5 year girl, she would have been good for 10. 

Do you mean Mandy who is now Raiderettes director? Word has it she wasn't cut, she quit.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Oh, I felt bad when Mandy got cut as well. If looks could have created a 5 year girl, she would have been good for 10. 

I’m almost positive she quit. I don’t remember her auditioning last season at all. It was some point after calendar and before auditions. Then she posted a pic of her and a UHaul heading to CA! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I’m almost positive she quit. I don’t remember her auditioning last season at all. It was some point after calendar and before auditions. Then she posted a pic of her and a UHaul heading to CA! 

She was called into the office for a visit with Kelli and Judy. They brought up her weight. She did not want the scene shown on television, so she quit before finals started.

2 minutes ago, luvboo said:

What kind of cookies they have to be healthy right

I'm sure they are protein cookies. They are very high in protein and fiber. I think there was a pic of Keyra advertising them, iirc

13 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Right??? Can you imagine being bloated, worried about the white small shorts during those days of the month KNOWING that your kicks are going to be that huge HD screen????  Yikes!  Sorry admins- back on topic now! 

The good thing is women can now adjust their cycles to only 3 or so a year. They can time them to off weeks or days when they are in the off-season. I've had to do that for medical reasons and I've wondered why I hadn't done this years ago. 

• Love 2
(edited)

More GIFs:

Finding out you did not make it to training camp because you screwed up that bad:

https://giphy.com/gifs/thebachelor-episode-6-abc-26gsxEZPglGJKoNUI

Charlotte during auditions:

https://giphy.com/gifs/shinee-minho-key-VIRsxm1QqIZ0c

Getting cut:

https://giphy.com/gifs/warnerarchive-classic-film-warner-archive-l0MYB17ZzaTTpl8S4

Jerry Jones:

https://giphy.com/gifs/jones-chris-christie-jerry-iBQheq1QW27iU

Kelli and Judy snarking:

https://giphy.com/gifs/90s-commercials-FDFPY6Hkat8oo

The night Kitty just happens to drop by:

https://giphy.com/gifs/laughing-driving-rugrats-i7vXPKgfhwWRi

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Mandy Correa, little dark haired girl. I think she was either Season 4 or 5. Blonde Mandy was one of my faves. :) 

Mandy Correa was a Spurs Silver Dancer 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Do you mean Mandy who is now Raiderettes director? Word has it she wasn't cut, she quit.

No. This was years ago. She was really tiny and absolutely gorgeous. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

No. This was years ago. She was really tiny and absolutely gorgeous. 

She was a brunette.. very pretty. There were kick issues and the field swallowed her up. She was one of the last cuts of training camp that season. I felt bad for her, too! So late in the game to be cut. Isn’t that the same season they announced the squad at the team photo day? 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

She was a brunette.. very pretty. There were kick issues and the field swallowed her up. She was one of the last cuts of training camp that season. I felt bad for her, too! So late in the game to be cut. Isn’t that the same season they announced the squad at the team photo day? 

Paula Tabares was cut before or after Mandy as well.  It was Season 5 (2010) because Paula went on to become a Mavs Dancer for the 2010-11 season.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

Mandy was part of the mass slaughter on one of the last nights of training camp, wasn't she? Might have been the same season with Stephanie Heymann who somehow made the team. I was so mad when they cut her, they made up some lame excuse about the boots coming up to her knees and I'm like, "Really? You couldn't tell she had short legs from day one?" She was such a little powerhouse, I loved her. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Mandy was part of the mass slaughter on one of the last nights of training camp, wasn't she? Might have been the same season with Stephanie Heymann who somehow made the team. I was so mad when they cut her, they made up some lame excuse about the boots coming up to her knees and I'm like, "Really? You couldn't tell she had short legs from day one?" She was such a little powerhouse, I loved her. 

Stephanie H made the 2010 squad (season 5). Girls cut from TC that year (no specific order) were: Mandy C, Paula T, Ashley B, Katelynn J, Meagan F ,Meagan M, Rachel B, and Elizabeth R

Courtney Cook and Brittany Schramm were also cut but came back the next year and made the 2011-12 squad. Vet Amy Reese was cut but it wasn't shown.

• Love 2