Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Tea for Tat

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one that never disliked Jill?  

I never understood the special hate for her.  I mean, she's horrible, but no more horrible than the rest of them. 

• Love 8

I kinda did hate Jill.  The way she treated Bethenny and Alec was horrid, to me.  Remember when Bobbie brought home that new car for her and she didn't like it?  What a bitch.   Please don't bring her back, show.  Did Bobby die?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Tress said:

I kinda did hate Jill.  The way she treated Bethenny and Alec was horrid, to me.  Remember when Bobbie brought home that new car for her and she didn't like it?  What a bitch.   Please don't bring her back, show.  Did Bobby die?

Yes, he passed away.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Gem 10 said:

Supposedly she's "juicing", but did you see her stuffing her mouth to the fullest?  I actually felt sorry for her at that moment.     Talking about freebies, has anyone ever seen the Hollywood Elite grabbing all those goodies at the end of Awards Shows?  Disgusting.

Sonja is the type who goes into a café and orders a cup of tea only.  Before she leaves, she steals all of the sugar, and the pink, yellow, blue packets.  She then heads into the bathroom and steals the extra roll of toilet paper.

I've heard that the IRS now taxes those goodie bags and celebrities are a little less happy with their freebies.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, b2H said:

I don't know if this has been stated in Tinsley's thread, but she and her mother were subjects of a Dr. Phil show several years ago.  Her mother was/is a controller from the word go.  This poor girl may be 40 something but she has arrested development because her mother never let her grow up.  She's behind the power curve now and I don't know how she can recover.

Obviously I don't know the woman, but Tinsley's mom seems cold and perhaps the type to withhold affection/approval as a method of control.  Just my opinion.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, ghoulina said:

Sir? As in, "Excuse me, sir, but how far are we from the restaurant?" That sounds a lot better than "hey, driver", to me. 

Seriously.  I call Uber drivers by the name they introduce themselves with. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The Real Widows and Divorcees of New York.

When you think about it, all the housewives of Beverly Hills are married .. New York not.

• Love 1
On 5/7/2018 at 9:35 AM, sasha206 said:

Haven't read through all the comments so maybe it's been mentioned, but I thought one thing Ramona said was interesting.  Sonja was talking about how she didn't cheat on her husband and Ramona should know that.  Ramona said she didn't know Sonja at that time.  Since they've been divorced 10 years, I'm assuming the cheating may  have happened 2 years before the divorce?  I thought Ramona and Sonja supposedly went WAY back.  That their friendship predated RHONY by a long time?

I haven't had a chance to watch this week's episode yet, but...

I recently watched season 4 (the Morocco trip), and in the episode where the fortune teller tells Ramona her husband is thinking of someone else and another woman is thinking of him, Sonja begins crying and Ramona ends up consoling her.

They have a discussion in which they agree Sonja was triggered because of her own marriage and not being able to trust people and what Sonja had lost because of someone untrustworthy in her circle, and Ramona validated her, which kind of makes me believe Ramona may very well know at least some of the intimate details surrounding the disintegration of the marriage.

In retrospect, viewing the episode now, perhaps that "friend" of Sonja's really was having an affair with (and later married) old man Morgan.  The conversation between Ramona and Sonja would seem more in line with the story that Sonja had found out her husband was having an affair with her "friend" and refused to return to the States when he became ill.

On the other hand, all of these women are delusional to a certifiably bat shit degree, so maybe Ramona was just agreeing with her to shut that shit down.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ladle said:

I never understood the special hate for her.  I mean, she's horrible, but no more horrible than the rest of them. 

It's interesting, because at the time I really did hate her, but I wonder if I were to back and watch it now if her viciousness would seem quaint. We, and all the Ho'Wive shows, have come a long way since those days. Faking cancer on the OC, going to jail on NJ, etc. (I don't watch Atlanta, but didn't someone accuse someone of sexual assault?!)

Maybe being a bit too self important and getting overly petty about whether or not a friend reached out enough seems run-of-the-mill now.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

They have a discussion in which they agree Sonja was triggered because of her own marriage and not being able to trust people and what Sonja had lost because of someone untrustworthy in her circle, and Ramona validated her, which kind of makes me believe Ramona may very well know at least some of the intimate details surrounding the disintegration of the marriage.

Well it was well known by then that her ex husband's girlfriend after the divorce, who he married a few years ago, was one of Sonja's good friends so that wasn't some hidden secret.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well it was well known by then that her ex husband's girlfriend after the divorce, who he married a few years ago, was one of Sonja's good friends so that wasn't some hidden secret.

True; however, there has been a pretty good amount of speculation about just how much Ramona could have known about Sonja's divorce since their friendship status at the time is unclear.

My point was that back in season 4, Ramona did appear to be privy to at least some information regarding the circumstances of Sonja's divorce.  

• Love 1
On 5/5/2018 at 4:56 AM, mwell345 said:

I'll go stand in the corner all alone after I post this.

I actually wouldn't mind if Jill came back.   In the very beginning, she and Bethenny were fun together.  Of course, at that time, Bethenny wasn't BETHENNY - she was sort of like the poor relation that got to stay in Jill's house in the Hamptons, etc.   Now that that dynamic has changed,  it might be interesting.   Jill was also friendly with Ramona, so  she has that connection as well.

As someone who LOATHED Jill, and I say that loathing isn't quite strong enough, I think it could be interesting.  Widows Dorinda, Jill, Carole plus divorcee's Bethenny, Sonja, Luann, Tinsley could provide interesting storylines.  Along with ole pumpkin head felon Luann turn of events, this could be epic.  

• Love 3
On 5/6/2018 at 7:59 AM, Rap541 said:

In a really weird way, sometimes I think Ramona is the most emotionally healthy of the cast. I'm not saying she's not insane, but she seems genuinely determined to be happy and have fun. While Ramona will casually drop bombs of hatefulness like "Luann sleeps around/Luann, your husband is so old" or "Bethenny, you're going to end up alone, you're going to drive Jason away" - I never get any genuine malice from Ramona.

I said something similar to this re Bethenny and Ramona but I am expanding it to all the OG's on NY.  I think Ramona, Bethenny, and Luann have this family like relationship.  They can fight, say mean stuff, be terrible to each other but they seem to be able to put it behind them and move on and have fun.  It is like some sibling relationships.  I don't necessarily see malice, I see people who get pissed off and say mean/hurtful things, but it is never lasting.  They may not be best buddies but maybe a mutual respect?  I don't know.  I see something different in them than some of the other franchises.  

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I said something similar to this re Bethenny and Ramona but I am expanding it to all the OG's on NY.  I think Ramona, Bethenny, and Luann have this family like relationship.  They can fight, say mean stuff, be terrible to each other but they seem to be able to put it behind them and move on and have fun.  It is like some sibling relationships.  I don't necessarily see malice, I see people who get pissed off and say mean/hurtful things, but it is never lasting.  They may not be best buddies but maybe a mutual respect?  I don't know.  I see something different in them than some of the other franchises.  

I also like that their conflicts and fights are petty enough to laugh at.

ATL, OC, BH, NJ have gotten dark as fuck at times, but NYC has always been relatively light hearted.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, candle96 said:

It's interesting, because at the time I really did hate her, but I wonder if I were to back and watch it now if her viciousness would seem quaint. We, and all the Ho'Wive shows, have come a long way since those days. Faking cancer on the OC, going to jail on NJ, etc. (I don't watch Atlanta, but didn't someone accuse someone of sexual assault?!)

Maybe being a bit too self important and getting overly petty about whether or not a friend reached out enough seems run-of-the-mill now.

I think there was also a bunch of behind-the-scenes chicanery with Jill, which I didn't follow at the time and other people did - which may be why they hate her more than I do.  Didn't she refuse to film with Bethenny and try to get others to follow suit, or something of that nature? 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, candle96 said:

2 hours ago, ladle said:

I think there was also a bunch of behind-the-scenes chicanery with Jill, which I didn't follow at the time and other people did - which may be why they hate her more than I do.  Didn't she refuse to film with Bethenny and try to get others to follow suit, or something of that nature? 

Jill really was the first to pull harmful manipulative shit just for a storyline. They knew going into to season 3 that Bethenny was getting a spin-off that was filming concurrently with part of season 3. Jill was salty as hell about it. She did refuse to film with Bethenny and tried to get the others to do the same and of course, she deliberately misinformed Bethenny about Bobby's medical condition so that when Bethenny didn't give it the attention it deserved, Jill could launch into Bethenny about being a bad friend. The worst thing about all of this is that by not immediately firing or demoting Jill, Bravo sent a message to the rest of the housewives across the franchises that they could pull similar or worse shit as long as the ratings were there. 

Vicki and Brooks faked cancer for money and a storyline. Vicki is still on OC. Teresa is a criminal who went to prison. She is still on NJ, they delayed filming to accommodate her, and they gave her a spin off in prison. Phaedra and Porsha bandied about a hateful lie that Kandi wanted to drug and rape Porsha. Porsha is still on the show. Phaedra only got fired because she claimed that production was the source of the lie and made her say it on air.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I also like that their conflicts and fights are petty enough to laugh at.

ATL, OC, BH, NJ have gotten dark as fuck at times, but NYC has always been relatively light hearted.

I used to agree. But I think Dorinda is changing that. Her nastiness goes beyond anything Bethenny or Jill ever did or said. Whole new level. I'm watching the reunion right now, and I'm really surprised that after what she said to Bethenny in Mexico that she invited her to Puerto Rico. If Dorinda’s behavior in Puerto Rico is as bad as the previews make it look, I think Bethenny will be done with her. Fool me once, and all that. They don't have a long history together in order for Bethenny to forgive and forget like she does with the other Housewives.

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

As someone who LOATHED Jill, and I say that loathing isn't quite strong enough, I think it could be interesting.  Widows Dorinda, Jill, Carole plus divorcee's Bethenny, Sonja, Luann, Tinsley could provide interesting storylines.  Along with ole pumpkin head felon Luann turn of events, this could be epic.  

Luann hasn't been convicted of anything, let alone a "felony", the only NY HW criminal record is Tinsley.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann hasn't been convicted of anything, let alone a "felony", the only NY HW criminal record is Tinsley.

No but isn't that what the charges are?  I was also joking.

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I LOVED Petula Clarke!  My mom had her albums and as a little kid would listen to them all the time.

Natalie68,

I remember this when I was a kid, too.  At the time, I didn't realize that it was about NYC;  I just thought it was about our little town LOL.

• Love 3

Bravo finally updated their on demand cue so I could watch this one! Dorinda is pretty nuts. I have a bit of a soft spot for her, but she has some real emotional issues. Her hair trigger is scary.

i almost spit out my drink when Carole tried to act innocent about what started the grudge match between her and Luanne. You don’t like Luanne! I mean come on! Carole came on the show her first season gunning for Luanne. She’s just doesn’t like her, which fine there is plenty to dislike about Luanne and she hasn’t been innocent in the Carole V Luanne showdown, but you started it Carole! You did! This complete lack of ability to take any blame for her own actions is why I don’t trust Carole. I was also reminded that we really only have Carole’s word on some of her worst accusations (the pedaphile comment) so until I see tape I’m giving it the side eye. I think Carole is a little weasel and i wouldn’t trust her recollection of much of anything.

Although, I don’t really get Bethany’s objection to bringing her to PR. I would think Carole would be bending over backwards to show how deep and woke she is. I doubt she would pick that moment to play giggly teenage Carole. So I’m not sure what’s that’s about unless she had just been dismissive or uninterested in the project in general. 

Tinsely is so weird. We’re about the same age but she acts like a not terribly  mature 20 year old. I don’t dislike her, but I do think she’s a bit off.

im starting to feel bad for Sonja. I mean she’s bat shit, but the others are going for her so hard. I’m with Bethany and Luanne that no matter who is right or wrong about the semantics of pain ownership, the group dynamic is starting to get very uncomfortable. 

• Love 1

I’m just now catching up, watching this episode now. Tinsley is willing to drop everything and anything for a man and honestly, that’s not a quality I usually respect, but to each her own, I’m not in the business of telling other ppl how to live their life. 

Not a Bethenny fan, but I do like that she’s trying to help the ppl of PR. Maybe I ought to try to help, too. 

I think it’s shitty of Ramona to throw Sonja under the bus. At the risk of sounding like Donald Trump, I can’t stand disloyal. 

I’m watching the scene of Ramona’s party...

• Love 1

Now Ramona’s accusing Sonja of being an absentee friend...

I don’t believe Sonja cheated on her ex-husband, say what you will about her but she’s a ride of die kinda girl, I can tell that by the way she was so loyal to Ramona and her other friends. 

Ramona didn’t wanna hear what Sonja had to say, but I think Sonja had a good point. 

• Love 1