Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

For The People

Recommended Posts

Of course while everyone is is bringing down the mob and fighting to preserve American democracy, Sandra is...pouting about her boss intermingling with "the enemy" and making goo goo eyes at her co-worker. I did like when Jill basically told her she was just a kid who still has not figured out how the world works, but I kept waiting for her to full on tell Sandra to fuck off. Ugg fuck Sandra. One last fuck Sandra to go out on. 

Anyway, the rest of the episode was really good. Loved seeing everyone working together against these creeps and bringing them down a few pegs, and the voter suppression case was a really good and timely issue to discuss. And bringing in Jays parents was a really good move to make it more personal, and I really felt it when Jays mom was on the stand talking about her first time trying to vote, and how she has never actually gotten to vote now. And while I wish we had gotten the chance to follow up with the mob case, I liked what we got, it was good seeing Seth hopefully get a win...as long as the mob never gets him!

Some great musical choices this week, starting with that great Sharon Jones cover of This Land is Your Land, and ending with The Decemberists. Considering its the series finale, this was a pretty good ending, with Roger giving up his job to be with Jill and take responsibility for the case, Kate getting a well deserved promotion, and everyone going about their days, doing their things in the courthouse. 

Except for Sandra mostly, I am going to miss this show, it really came into its own this season, and the characters really got some good development, and they found a way to both bring out the drama and heartbreak of the legal system, as well as the humor of the system and the people in it, and explore how important all parts of it are to a functioning society. Its really too bad we wont get any more with these characters. 

Except for Sandra. Fuck Sandra. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course while everyone is is bringing down the mob and fighting to preserve American democracy, Sandra is...pouting about her boss intermingling with "the enemy" and making goo goo eyes at her co-worker. I did like when Jill basically told her she was just a kid who still has not figured out how the world works, but I kept waiting for her to full on tell Sandra to fuck off. Ugg fuck Sandra. One last fuck Sandra to go out on. 

Anyway, the rest of the episode was really good. Loved seeing everyone working together against these creeps and bringing them down a few pegs, and the voter suppression case was a really good and timely issue to discuss. And bringing in Jays parents was a really good move to make it more personal, and I really felt it when Jays mom was on the stand talking about her first time trying to vote, and how she has never actually gotten to vote now. And while I wish we had gotten the chance to follow up with the mob case, I liked what we got, it was good seeing Seth hopefully get a win...as long as the mob never gets him!

Some great musical choices this week, starting with that great Sharon Jones cover of This Land is Your Land, and ending with The Decemberists. Considering its the series finale, this was a pretty good ending, with Roger giving up his job to be with Jill and take responsibility for the case, Kate getting a well deserved promotion, and everyone going about their days, doing their things in the courthouse. 

Except for Sandra mostly, I am going to miss this show, it really came into its own this season, and the characters really got some good development, and they found a way to both bring out the drama and heartbreak of the legal system, as well as the humor of the system and the people in it, and explore how important all parts of it are to a functioning society. Its really too bad we wont get any more with these characters. 

Except for Sandra. Fuck Sandra. 

if I could just put Sandra and Tiny Jane from the bold type in a boat and send them off to entitled lady island I'd die a happy man... Tho its highly unlikely I wish some other network would take this show on.. Like u said it really grew in season two.. And that's without relationship stuff for the most part

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It figures. This was my favorite episode of the season, and now they've gone and cancelled the show. The continuation of the stories from the finale would have been wonderful to pick up next season.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

if I could just put Sandra and Tiny Jane from the bold type in a boat and send them off to entitled lady island I'd die a happy man.

Oh God, those two would be two peas in an entitled pod! They could call their show "Sanctimonious in the City"!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh God, those two would be two peas in an entitled pod! They could call their show "Sanctimonious in the City"!

O.. That would be a hatewatch to end all hate watches... Of course both of them would get two new biracial black best friends who because they are so together as black ladies are.. Seem content to listen to all their self-induced problems and hold them as they somehow make everything that happens in the world really about them

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I groaned out loud when Jill told Sandra she was the most talented lawyer she'd ever seen!!!  Like, Jill, you know you've seen more than one lawyer, right?  (Okay, fine, I'd be willing to say Sandra is a better lawyer than Jay, but that's because they seem to give Jay "lesser" cases.)  JILL!  You've seen Kate Littlejohn!  Even within just these six lawyers, you've seen much better than Sandra.

Britt is fine in some roles and obviously a big part of it was the poor writing and characterization of the Sandra character, but I always felt like, stop trying to make Sandra happen.  She's never going to happen!  As a physically small woman who looks much younger than her age and works in a professional setting, I appreciate that they cast someone like that in the role, but that was not really the problem.  It was the basketcase character played in a very unlikable way, but constantly presented to us like she was just neurotically amazing.

Welp.  Sandra and Ted.  We'll never see what would have happened to them in another season, but if they got to the point where she was staying over at his place frequently or even moved in, I hope Ted would enjoy her compulsive living out of a duffel bag.

I did not understand the job offers at all.  So Delap is going to be the sacrificial lamb at first, and it sounded like Roger was offered to replace him, but huh???  Roger was the one who pushed forward the case that Washington was so mad about!  Delap would be out, and Roger would have been promoted, after the role he played in the case?  Am I just confused or something?  And then when Roger left, Delap promoted the lead prosecutor who tried the problematic case into his role?  What?  And that was optically okay to the people who were so mad in the first place?  I don't get it, guys.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, sweetandsour said:

I groaned out loud when Jill told Sandra she was the most talented lawyer she'd ever seen!!!  Like, Jill, you know you've seen more than one lawyer, right?  (Okay, fine, I'd be willing to say Sandra is a better lawyer than Jay, but that's because they seem to give Jay "lesser" cases.)  JILL!  You've seen Kate Littlejohn!  Even within just these six lawyers, you've seen much better than Sandra.

I almost did a spit take when I heard that.. I mean even on the show hasn't she lost to Leonard like twice.. I feel like she's also lost to Kate... In the head to heads the prosecutors seemed to come away with more wins... Sandra felt like somebodys idea of a heroine that they thought my generation would want or respond to.. And whoever that person was... Should get suspended from TV for a few months... Nothing about her worked... I don't even understand why Marcel Gerard was wasting his time with her... Dude likes his blondes.. I assume Rebekah was taking a nap or something and he got a day job.. But ugh

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I feel proud of writers and producers who are willing to take a stand, myself. 

Everyone else has echoed my thoughts. A solid episode, we did get some closure, Sandra is the worst character ever written and putting that praise of her in Jill's mouth sickened me. 

See you folks for the next legal drama, I guess. Peace out. 

Edited by bref
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, bref said:

I feel proud of writers and producers who are willing to take a stand, myself. 

Everyone else has echoed my thoughts. A solid episode, we did get some closure, Sandra is the worst character ever written and putting that praise of her in Jill's mouth sickened me. 

See you folks for the next legal drama, I guess. Peace out. 

Generally when I see  or hear anything like " shows are too political.. Or pushing an agenda" I tune it out because what ppl mean to say is.. I disagree with the stand the show is making... Dunno if I've ever seen that statement or anything like it not attached to a show that had a more progressive lean to it... I wonder if those same folks are as upset about shows that speak more to their core beliefs.. Like those aren't also pushing an agenda.... 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

This was a solid courtroom drama, with a little personal humor sprinkled in.  The cases were interesting and the secondary stars brought a lot to the table.

But that silly bitch, Sandra!  Not only bad enough that she tanked an entire show...she walks away with that hunka burning love dude in the end!!!

Team Fuck Sandra!

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This was a fun coutroom show - Kate Littlejohn was probably the best character on the show - and Sandra sucked outside of her friendship with Littlejohn - that was fun and human.

I like how they made this finale a good series finale - I was half expecting an explosion at the end when people were walking off - as they were all going through that same park.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, UNOSEZ said:

I wonder if those same folks are as upset about shows that speak more to their core beliefs..

Speaking for myself, I would hate any show that tries to “educate” politically, unless it was done with facts and honesty. These shows are so full of shit it’s amazing, and they are ALL taking the same stand, knowing the current political climate will allow them to get away with pushing bullshit. And, like Field of Dreams, viewers will come.

Edited by Marci
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'll join you all: fuck Sandra!  But no way in the world DOJ settles for the Criminal Chief's head.  The U.S. Attorney would be gone!  And there's NO universe in which Kate would have become Criminal Chief after two years as a prosecutor.  The only one with a shot at that job, with such limited experience, would have been Leonard - because of his mother.  This is why lawyers shouldn't watch legal shows; as compelling as the storylines or characters may be; the actual execution is always ridiculously unrealistic.  

And Sandra, prosecutors will have a field day with the fact that you're sleeping with the public defender's investigator.  It may even come up in your colleague's cases, you hypocrite! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2019 at 12:22 AM, 2727 said:

I try to be conscious of not pumping out vitriol towards female characters (and console myself that I really do like the other women in both offices), but Sandra is just so bad! I can't imagine any of the other leads bringing up their boss's private lives to them, much less being so childish and accusatory about it.

I finally looked up Britt Robertson and realized I haven't liked her in anything I've seen her in (notably Girlboss and Under the Dome). Whether or not the character of Sandra is poorly written, I think Britt's wispy and negligible acting style makes it worse.

Yesterday she was in an episode of SVU. It was in in the background, I heard the voice and a courtroom outburst and guess who, Young Sandra. She was yelling at the ADA while examining a witness. They hauled her ass out of court. Granted, she was right, but still. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

This was a good happy-feely ending. They must have suspected a cancellation when they filmed it. Or cut out the final cliff hanger scene. 

Hope to see Marcel Gerard, Kate Littlejohn and Leonard Knox elsewhere. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2019 at 8:03 AM, UNOSEZ said:

I remember my grandparents talking about their 1st votes here in the states so her story struck a chord with me.. 

Were they scared away from voting?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Marci said:

Were they scared away from voting?

They were intimidated because both of em are mixed and they had strong west Indian accents.. But they held on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, sweetandsour said:

I groaned out loud when Jill told Sandra she was the most talented lawyer she'd ever seen!!!  Like, Jill, you know you've seen more than one lawyer, right?

I shouted one of these at the TV: 

dog what GIF
 

Sandra is good lawyer, but when has she been the greatest lawyer EVAH?!?!?! GTFOH!

On 5/17/2019 at 1:08 PM, UNOSEZ said:

if I could just put Sandra and Tiny Jane from the bold type in a boat and send them off to entitled lady island I'd die a happy man...

I would gladly donate money to make this happen.  They are cut from the same annoying cloth.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, tennisgurl said:

Oh God, those two would be two peas in an entitled pod! They could call their show "Sanctimonious in the City"!

Heh!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

They were intimidated because both of em are mixed and they had strong west Indian accents.. But they held on

Good for them!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×