Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

One of my pet peeves is most of them can't even pronounce this company's name.  Meghan and Sara call it Cambridge Analytics, Whoopi probably doesn't even get that close.  Sunny properly identifies and maybe Joy a well.  It's a tiny thing, but again it takes away from their attempts to properly make a point.

Agreed!  Another example of them not doing their jobs.  It's not a difficult name to pronounce.  Pay attention, for gawd's sake!

• Love 6

Right at the start of the show, Joy was trying to make a point and Meghan kept interrupting, talking right over her, and not getting the point, because she wouldn't let Joy GET to the point.  Joy looked annoyed.  Later, Meghan was doing her usual rapid-fire talking, and Joy returned the favor, making jokes right over her - it seemed to me Joy was retaliating.  At least, I like to think so.

Then when talking about Zuckerberg and Facebook  donating to political candidates, Meghan says "They're not donating to MY side!"  Well, Megs, if "your side"  means Republicans, then yes, Zuckerberg/Facebook donated to both Dem and Rep candidates, but MORE to Republicans.  She needs to do her research, because she was WRONG on this. 

Whoopi totally misunderstands the whole Facebook sharing info thing.   She used to get stuck on thinking it was social security numbers, now she thinks it's "crotch pictures" (yes she said that).  NO, it's about anything you might say in a message to someone, thinking it's a private message.  saying something negative about someone at work, admitting to cheating on your spouse, medical problems, etc.  This is about Facebook having access to all of that, and the possibility that the info could be used against you in some way - like at your job, and your health insurance, your divorce proceedings.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 19

Sara said on IG that her best friend’s twin/sister had a little girl that passed away from cancer over the weekend.  Less than 12 hours later the grieving mother gave birth to a 2nd child.  That might explain why she seemed checked out the past few days.

Edited by BravaBravo
Spelling
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, BravaBravo said:

Sarah said on IG that her best friend’s twin/sister had a little girl that passed away from cancer over the weekend.  Less than 12 hours later the grieving mother gave birth to a 2nd child.  That might explain why she seemed checked out the past few days.

No doubt!!  What a burden for Sara ... new Mom & all!!

• Love 7

MM has been tolerable lately. Both her and Joy have annoying habits of cutting into conversations. MM with her right wing talking points, and Joy with her jokes. All love Joy, but I wish she would knock it off. 

Another phrase for the MM drinking game! 

“I will say... "  she used it about 10 times today. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Right at the start of the show, Joy was trying to make a point and Meghan kept interrupting, talking right over her, and not getting the point, because she wouldn't let Joy GET to the point.  Joy looked annoyed.  Later, Meghan was doing her usual rapid-fire talking, and Joy returned the favor, making jokes right over her - it seemed to me Joy was retaliating.  At least, I like to think so.

Then when talking about Zuckerberg and Facebook  donating to political candidates, Meghan says "They're not donating to MY side!"  Well, Megs, if "your side"  means Republicans, then yes, Zuckerberg/Facebook donated to both Dem and Rep candidates, but MORE to Republicans.  She needs to do her research, because she was WRONG on this. 

Whoopi totally misunderstands the whole Facebook sharing info thing.   She used to get stuck on thinking it was social security numbers, now she thinks it's "crotch pictures" (yes she said that).  NO, it's about anything you might say in a message to someone, thinking it's a private message.  saying something negative about someone at work, admitting to cheating on your spouse, medical problems, etc.  This is about Facebook having access to all of that, and the possibility that the info could be used against you in some way - like at your job, and your health insurance, your divorce proceedings.  

I love the occasional shots to MM when Whoopi is lost in her thoughts. While the others can look like "interesting observation Whoopi," MM is totally incapable of hiding her WTF face. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, ari333 said:

Does anyone recall how she used expunge? I missed it. I heard implore and umbrage and thought she must have bought a dictionary or sah-um

I don't remember the exact wording (and have since, of course, deleted the show from my DVR because who in their right mind would want to re-watch that), but when she used the phrase "expunged on that", I recall thinking, "Wait a minute, sweet-cheeks, you meant expounded on".  She was referring to someone talking on and on about something.  You know, like what she does.  Twit.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, backformore said:

She'd rather be a poor put upon victim than be right.

9 hours ago, backformore said:

Even worse, these aps were giving access to all your friends' information too without their knowledge or permission.  When you click on these dumb games there is a disclaimer that you are knowingly allowing the ap to access your own data, but Cambridge Analytica was taking it a step further.  That is what the scandal is about, Whoopi, not crotch pictures.

• Love 12

I just watched the episode yesterday and I cannot deal with Whoopi and Megan's insistence that women need to "step up" and demand what they want to earn at work. They just don't get this very nuanced conversation. Historically MANY women stepped up and were ostracized, fired, labelled "demanding" or "bitchy", not given promotions, etc. if they were seen as difficult or asking for too much. How can they not understand that? 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

She'd rather be a poor put upon victim than be right.

Meghan doesn't care if what she says is correct.  She just wants the false information to be heard.  She knows some people will believe it.

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I just watched the episode yesterday and I cannot deal with Whoopi and Megan's insistence that women need to "step up" and demand what they want to earn at work. They just don't get this very nuanced conversation. Historically MANY women stepped up and were ostracized, fired, labelled "demanding" or "bitchy", not given promotions, etc. if they were seen as difficult or asking for too much. How can they not understand that? 

Yes, what they are saying applies to women in Hollywood, or in high- powered jobs, where "stepping up" would be a  public declaration.  They have no idea what regular women face.   Some companies have a bias, equating "male" with "leadership," and that gets reflected in promotions and hiring. 

There are plenty of studies that show that certain behaviors are viewed differently coming from women than coming from men.  

• Love 17

Meghan flipped out over criticism to Paul Ryan.  That's right.  Joy criticized Paul Ryan. The way Meghan reacted, criticizing Paul Ryan is the moral equivalent to luring children to your candy house and cooking them in pies.

Edited by Vanderboom
problems posting on my phone
  • Love 21

And I don't understand why Meghan is getting this damn upset about Joy saying Paul Ryan is the worst of the worst. Didn't she say something very similar about Hillary Clinton? Hypocritical bitch. And she chastised the audience for clapping about Paul Ryan's announcement. SERIOUSLY? It's a slow-mo train wreck and maybe that's why I can't stop hate-watching.

• Love 23
Just now, backformore said:

I haven't watched yet, but do I remember correctly that Meghan once said Paul Ryan was sexy?

One of my best friends who happens to be a very liberal gay man thinks he is as well.  I told him ugly on the inside makes him ugly on the outside to me.

1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

And I don't understand why Meghan is getting this damn upset about Joy saying Paul Ryan is the worst of the worst. Didn't she say something very similar about Hillary Clinton? Hypocritical bitch. And she chastised the audience for clapping about Paul Ryan's announcement. SERIOUSLY? It's a slow-mo train wreck and maybe that's why I can't stop hate-watching.

Meghan said the Clintons were a plague or a disease or something like that.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm at the point where it's hard to even hate watch. That week off made me realize how nice it is not to to see or hear RBM on a daily basis.

I really don't understand why we're all torturing ourselves like this, lol.

On a serious note, she is absolutely insufferable and it's just not a light-hearted, enjoyable show to watch anymore. I think we're all just waiting (re: suffering as we wait) for her to announce her departure from the show.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Factually inaccurate!  Factually inaccurate!

Just how loud does Meghan need to be?? Gosh, shut up!

Did you see her pointing her finger at Joy? So disrespectful. I understand that Joy is her co-worker but damn! Respect your elders, woman! Joy is a View legend and I'm glad she didn't resort to the screeching like Meghan, she just laughed and made funny remarks.

Uh-oh, y'all! Meghan has another "good friend," who, according to Meghan, wears his MAGA hat to bars and people leave because of it.

Me thinks she's full of shit.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, backformore said:

I haven't watched yet, but do I remember correctly that Meghan once said Paul Ryan was sexy?

Yes, she did. UGH. And they showed that picture of him lifting that barbell. Because you know, she lives, breathes, consumes politicians and politics.

12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

One of my best friends who happens to be a very liberal gay man thinks he is as well.  I told him ugly on the inside makes him ugly on the outside to me.

Meghan said the Clintons were a plague or a disease or something like that.

He's ugly. With that big honker of a pinocchio nose that one can't see the rest of his face.

She called them a virus.

7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Factually inaccurate!  Factually inaccurate!

Just how loud does Meghan need to be?? Gosh, shut up!

Who was factually inaccurate about what? Or should I care? I haven't managed to watch this week. She done broke me. But I will watch the Albright interview. Hey! Did I mention I met her?! And she is a gracious woman.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Uh-oh, y'all! Meghan has another "good friend," who, according to Meghan, wears his MAGA hat to bars and people leave because of it.

Last year I went to the Women's March in Washington.  On the way back to my car we were on the train and it was packed with people coming from the March and at a stop a guy got on with a MAGA hat.  We all just kind of looked at each other for a second and then went back to what we were doing.  We thought he was hoping for a confrontation but he didn't get it.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Me thinks she's full of shit.

You know, I've been to bars where a lot of people like and voted for him. But not a single one of them wore that fugly cap. And she is FULL OF SHIT.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

My ears, shut up Megan! What a twit! 

Paul Ryan read the tea leaves and he knows that there is a Blue tsunami coming his way.  So, he got out of dodge.  It has nothing to do with his family. It is about his pride.

I dont know anything except that he never wanted to be Speaker, he got his "tax fuck cut" (his one big dubious accomplishment), he's down in the polls, maybe he's complicit in something.

ETA

BTW, I'm not watching. Just like interacting with the people here. Carry on. ☺

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Last year I went to the Women's March in Washington.  On the way back to my car we were on the train and it was packed with people coming from the March and at a stop a guy got on with a MAGA hat.  We all just kind of looked at each other for a second and then went back to what we were doing.  We thought he was hoping for a confrontation but he didn't get it.

I just don't understand why she brought it up in the first place. How many times is she going to remind us that she has friends who voted for Trump?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I just don't understand why she brought it up in the first place. How many times is she going to remind us that she has friends who voted for Trump?

Do her "friends" know she didn't vote for Trump?  

• Love 6

Meghan said her husband called Paul Ryan is polite and nice.  Yeah sure he is.  To people like him.

First Meghan says Ryan is a conservative and then implies he is a moderate.  On what planet is Ryan a moderate?

You guys didn't lie. Meghan was screeching.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Poor Meggie!!  She interrupted Katie Couric to say they had "a clip" & Katie said that's what she was "setting up".  Meggie got all huffy & said "they/her earpiece told her" & got downright bitchy.  Man!!!

Woohoo, that made me howl with laughter. 

Joy asking MM if she was  a politician, also had me laughing.  She can't except she's a talk show host, not in politics . I don't care how many times she says she in politics,  she ain't.  

MM, STFU  screaming at Joy was ridiculous.  How could she not be completely embarrassed  when KC was talking about people not knowing how have a disagreement and still be civil. ....umm she's talking about you Meggy.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 18

Maybe now that Ryan is not running again he'll actually do his duty. <pause><pause>. Naaaawww.

Meghan doesn't need to be so hysterical about only Trump republican candidates running. Most likely they'll end up the minority party in the House. Joy was right that the leadership is too chicken shit to take back control of their party. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Meghan doesn't need to be so hysterical about only Trump republican candidates running. Most likely they'll end up the minority party in the House.

That is what she is afraid of.  That her "team/tribe" will lose.

And that flower print pantsuit Meghan was wearing?  Just say no.  The blazer by itself would have been fine but the pants?  Just say no.

• Love 7

Agree about all the MM posts above;.

What bugged me - and I say this as a Sunny fan - Sunny's whining and lowering her face and looking up through her eyelashes. The kids were making out, not having an orgy and doing heroin. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

That is what she is afraid of.  That her "team/tribe" will lose.

And that flower print pantsuit Meghan was wearing?  Just say no.  The blazer by itself would have been fine but the pants?  Just say no.

That pantsuit was the ONLY thing I liked about Meggie today!!  Looks like something I would have worn "back in the day".  LOL.

• Love 1