Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Singles Week

• Start Topic

I love Alexis SO MUCH. She has come a long way since the start of the show. I was really afraid they were going to leave the Ted situation up in the air, so glad they didn't!

The reveal that Jocelyn was driving the car with Moira in the back seat was hilarious, but WHY did they bring Mutt back last week if he's not going to be any help to his mother?

I didn't love the David and Ted scene or the David and Patrick scenes as much as I could have, because I was distracted by Dan Levy's constant nervous smile, but I DID snort-laugh when he ate the dog treat and huffed out, "What am I supposed to do now?" (or whatever it was).

• Love 22

So many sweet moments this episode. Of course I love Alexis and Ted's rekindling romance at the end of the episode but I really loved David's conversation with Ted and mainly for what it says about David's relationship with Alexis. They constantly bicker but they really see each other for who they are and instinctively have each other's back when needed. Alexis has had the most growth and I really love that all of the characters in this single episode all acknowledged her accomplishments in some way.

• Love 23
10 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

David's admission, Moira's apology, Ted's sudden appearance: that was a one-two-three sucker punch straight to my tear ducts.

OMG. YES. Annie and Daniel knocked it out of the park in this episode. I teared up quite a bit. One of the sweetest episodes of any show I've watched.

LOVE this show.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, strippedhalo said:

I DID snort-laugh when he ate the dog treat and huffed out, "What am I supposed to do now?" (or whatever it was).

I think that was ultimately my favourite part of the whole episode. He was so defeated. 

I liked the David/Ted scene most because it was a pairing we haven't seen before (or at least that much). Ted rolled in the puns and David got serious and it was a nice balance for the both of them. 

Welcome to the world, Roland Moira Schitt. 

• Love 18

OMG this episode was the everything

13 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

David's admission, Moira's apology, Ted's sudden appearance: that was a one-two-three sucker punch straight to my tear ducts.

Yesssss! I read your comment earlier tonight before watching the show and ... my tear ducts overreacted as well during those scenes. I just love David and Patrick and Alexis and Ted so much -- even though I was never much of an Alexis and Ted fan in the beginning. God, I just love these characters so much I'm tearing up even typing this. 

And I'll freely admit to bitching about my hatred of Chris Elliot when the show began and now? I hate him so much less. 

I'm going to miss the hell out of this show until next January. :( 

15 hours ago, strippedhalo said:

I didn't love the David and Ted scene or the David and Patrick scenes as much as I could have, because I was distracted by Dan Levy's constant nervous smile, but I DID snort-laugh when he ate the dog treat and huffed out, "What am I supposed to do now?" (or whatever it was).

That was so funny! I laughed out loud, which I have missed this season. I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it so much, but this whole season has just been way too sappy for me.

• Love 2

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness this episode was everything. I knew when Alexis sat down Ted was going to be sitting there - it just seemed really obvious that was coming. And yet? When the camera cut to Ted - I totally gasped! Probably because I realized how much I wanted that to happen. (I also love the random guy who tried to copy them and kiss Twyla. At first I was like "who is this? Someone she's dating? Nope! Just some rando.)

No, there wasn't much in this episode that wasn't predictable and yet it was all so satisfying. If this show had not been renewed (which - THANK GOD it has been) - I would have been happy with where they left things. Everyone is where I want them to be. I agree with Pamela - this show does season finales really well. 

I got such a kick out of David trying to maneuver that big box through all the doorways and the way Patrick just stood there and watched instead of helping him. (Patrick's kind of an ass sometimes but David just asks for it.)

I didn't love everyone making John feel guilty about taking away Roland's phone, though. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to do while they were having their meeting and it's not his fault Roland forgot to take it with him when he left.

• Love 13

I wonder if there was some doubt they would be renewed because this episode would have served well as a series finale.  That being said I am really happy that it has been confirmed for a fifth series.  Love this show!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Pamela said:

This show really does season finales well.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I would have been happy with where they left things. Everyone is where I want them to be. I agree with Pamela - this show does season finales really well. 

4 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I wonder if there was some doubt they would be renewed because this episode would have served well as a series finale.  That being said I am really happy that it has been confirmed for a fifth series.  Love this show!

So is everyone going to be disappointed when I tell you that this episode was not the season finale? That’s actually next week!

• Love 3

Inside the episode:

Clip: the singles have arrived

Huh. Now I’m confused! All the previous seasons have had 13 episodes and thetvdb has a 13th episode called “Christmas” listed. But the inside the episode video description says this week’s episode was the season finale? 

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

So is everyone going to be disappointed when I tell you that this episode was not the season finale? That’s actually next week!

It was in fact the finale — the cast was using the hashtag “SchittsFinale” for the episode. They are airing  13th episode but that’s airing in December as a holiday special. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, jessclark said:

This was the finale and they're doing a Christmas special. 

10 hours ago, HighHopes said:

It was in fact the finale — the cast was using the hashtag “SchittsFinale” for the episode. They are airing  13th episode but that’s airing in December as a holiday special. 

Thanks! See what I get for blindly believing what I saw on the internet? Now I get to look forward to a Christmas special - yay!

• Love 2
On 4/11/2018 at 9:03 AM, strippedhalo said:

I love Alexis SO MUCH. She has come a long way since the start of the show. I was really afraid they were going to leave the Ted situation up in the air, so glad they didn't!

The reveal that Jocelyn was driving the car with Moira in the back seat was hilarious, but WHY did they bring Mutt back last week if he's not going to be any help to his mother?

I know what you mean about his nervous smile. There’s something weird with his “madly in love” face. He (the actor) used to do a bit more with less. 

EDIT: By the way, this episode was adorable, I've really been enjoying this season, and I too thought this was a series finale.

I remember being a little put off with the third season, but I rewatched them all again recently and S3 makes total sense in the larger show character arcs.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 3

Aww I just watched this and was so excited with Ted and Alexis at the end! I legit gasped so loudly when Ted sat across from her in the musical chairs. Ted's been a sweetie since season 1, and I felt so bad for him then but figured that Mutt was gonna be Alexis's OTP. Imagine my surprise when the opposite happened! Mutt fell by the wayside and Ted stayed in the picture! Thank god too, the "bad boy" winning the love triangle is so cliche at this point. 

• Love 11

Does Netflix US have the S4 Christmas episode or have I gone blind and can't find it?

Also, do we Americans have to wait till Oct. 2019 for S5 on Netflix?

Also also, what's the over/under on a sixth season?

Also3: Dear Netflix -- Please get the rights to The Great Canadian Baking Show, thank you. If I can't watch Dan Levy on new episodes of SC then I can at least watch him eating baked goods in a tent.

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎20 at 7:24 PM, AllAboutMBTV said:

Does Netflix US have the S4 Christmas episode or have I gone blind and can't find it?

The Christmas episode hasn't aired yet - I think it's set to air sometime in December, and presumably Netflix US will get it sometime after that.

The costuming on this show is always outstanding, but I especially loved David’s shirt while he’s talking to Ted in this ep—there’s a subtle black-on-black feathered wings pattern. He’s a dark horse to be Alexis and Ted’s guardian angel!

• Love 3

I'm not sure if it is my new contacts -- or this episode -- but my eyes are tearing. 

Loved the David/Ted scene and adored David saying "I Love You" to Patrick! Alexis rising to the occasion and knocking it out of the park with the singles event -- and then Ted showing up at the musical chairs. Just wonderful! Alexis has really been the biggest revelation. So glad that she and Moira had their moment - even if it was brief. 

Loved Jocelyn opening Moira's eyes to how much Alexis has grown. 

Great episode - one of the best. 

• Love 7