Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Ready or Not

• Start Topic

Are the writers really trying to make a parallel between the Kelly-being-harassed and Brandon-sleeping-with-Emma storylines? Kelly is being harassed by her boss, her boss' boss doesn't want to do anything about it = Brandon is being hit on by a woman he can choose not to employ if she makes him feel uncomfortable, then sleeps with her of his own free will, regrets it, then she turns all Emily Valentine on him. Same same. I hope that wouldn't flush (as Steve would say) today.
After 7 1/2 seasons of Brandon being the worst, David seems to try to overtake him. Amazing. Also amazing: how much I laughed during listening to this episode, good work!

• Love 1

I just went through a brief IMDB rabbit hole that started with"Oh, Lindsay Price, television tried so hard for you" and ended with the realization that she's in 71 episodes of this nonsense. How can you still have so many episodes in front of you?!?!

Be brave.

• Love 6

Like Donna and Noah would just happen to show up at David's car wash. No fucking way. Also no way is Noah buying a condom from a vending machine. Also no way does Kelly not figure out Brandon is the guy in the story. All of these plot contrivances are so sloppy and just just plain stupid. The former season of this, when they were seniors, is not nearly this shittily written. I have got to think this show was totally cancelled, then revived as a favor to Aaron Spelling over the summer and everyone had to rush back for filming. 

• Love 2

I’ve only seen this show via reruns as I think I’ve said before (thanks soapnet) but I never saw a few. Like this one. I saw enough of this show vie the reruns.

This show is bad. How did it get ten seasons when great shows cannot even get more than two?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This show is bad. How did it get ten seasons when great shows cannot even get more than two?

That is a question for the ages. I am going with my previous theory- Fox kept it on as a favor to Aaron Spelling, possibly related to keeping his daughter working as an actress. 

• Love 1

Why would they need a wristwatch to time pasta? Is there no clock or timer anywhere in that entire kitchen? Dumb plot contrivance. These Mary Tyler Moore/ bouffant hairstyles are killing me, but they did reflect the times. With Donna's hair, it's like, I see what they are going for, but they always seem to take it a step too far with her. Emma's bangs remind me of when I used to cut my daughter's hair like that, when she was 2. By the time she was 4, the bangs had become so thick and had started spreading further and further back until her face just became swallowed by her haircut. 

• Love 1

I can't believe she's still here! I had forgotten that she was around for the Emma Bennett thing-- how did she not get dragged into that? We have her until next Thanksgiving, and then we get Dylan back but the show gets even worse somehow and then goes on for another year or two.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I kinda can't believe Carly's still here, I didn't think she hung on for this long. But I guess since Janet has arrived that her time is almost up.

'Can't' 'wait' for Steve-o's super fringey suede jacket at the airport. Beeearf. 

• Love 1

As someone who has only seen this show on soapnet and other reruns I feel like I never saw this season, save for like the first five episodes, because I distinctly remember kelly getting shot and getting amnesia for like three days and when Hilary Swank first appeared but all these episodes I have no memory of ever seeing when our lovely podcast clips play, nothing resonates.

• Love 1

I would think one reason the show stayed on so long is that there was still that tv vs. movie star split, so none of the leads got a lucrative movie career going like the next generation of teen stars (Buffy/Dawson’s Creek folks). 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

I would think one reason the show stayed on so long is that there was still that tv vs. movie star split, so none of the leads got a lucrative movie career going like the next generation of teen stars (Buffy/Dawson’s Creek folks). 

I think that's the same reason why most of the 'stars' stayed on too.  It's obvious they hate being there but know that they can't really get work anywhere else.  I think Jennie, Tori and TAT had a few good TV Movies (lifetime, etc) but nothing else.  The fact that any of them worked again is amazing. 

I thought I remember reading that the cost for the episodes was getting really high. 

• Love 3
On 29/03/2018 at 1:48 AM, ZeroDiscipline said:

The show also tried to convince us he had a threesome with two girls named Mary when they went skiing. No way can David pull that off.

If he can end racism. I'm sure he could find a way to be precious to them. 

I do like Val and David together especially what happens when no one else supports he, and god he is a dick with Donna. Also I find it so funny when Donna thought David was lying to her after he hooked back with Val, when he didn't lie at all. idk show. 

• Love 1
On 3/29/2018 at 5:10 PM, CurlyATX said:

I think that's the same reason why most of the 'stars' stayed on too.  It's obvious they hate being there but know that they can't really get work anywhere else.  I think Jennie, Tori and TAT had a few good TV Movies (lifetime, etc) but nothing else.  The fact that any of them worked again is amazing. 

I thought I remember reading that the cost for the episodes was getting really high. 

Luke Perry is probably the answer to why everyone else is still around. He left on David Caruso believing his hype to much and flopped hard. Enough to give any of the others pause.

• Love 4
On 4/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, Racj82 said:

Luke Perry is probably the answer to why everyone else is still around. He left on David Caruso believing his hype to much and flopped hard. Enough to give any of the others pause.

... woo boy, did he go down in movie flames. Look, I like Luke Perry ok, and he’s fine on Riverdale, but he was never going to be a movie star. None of them were... and the way Priestley spent his last 2 or 3 seasons on the show phoning it in was annoying af. Be grateful for the gig, you talentless prick! Ugh. He was never a great actor, but at least in the early seasons he would try to act like Brandon, the character, not like Jason wondered on set and spouts off.

• Love 7

Priestley is soooo phoning it in in this story arch. It’s really hard to believe he has any motivation to sleep with Emma. It seems like he’s annoyed with her the whole time and he’s displaying the same furrowed brows of great smug with her that he displays with everyone else.

Also Emma/Emily Valentine, fuck you writers. Pick up a baby name book at Walgreens and shut the fuck up.

• Love 6