Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Overall yeah, but I don't think it will be anywhere near as horrible as last January, turning Carly into a whimpering idiot in one last attempt to convince us that whole pairing wasn't a giant turd. Ron is so lucky that Nina has no definable character and can just turn her into whatever he wants for Franco!

• Love 3

They tried to swerve people on Todd, but most of us knew it was Todd from Day 1. A lot of us began to suspect it earlier than that, though, when they first introduced that story's (pretty good) MacGuffin - a painting of Todd's wife Blair from their '90s heyday, dated for 2003, the year Roger Howarth left the show and "Todd" had plastic surgery to change his face to Trevor St. John. A month after they revealed the painting, they ran two old reruns - one each of Blair marrying each Todd, in '95 and '03. I knew then that anything other than revealing there were two would be a copout. It had to be what it was. And months later you realized Ron had planned it that way from the start, when Todd unveiled himself to the public, and pulled out the crumpled old wedding photo that painting had been painted from. It had all been leading to that moment. That is an example of what Ron can do when he plans and lays something out perfectly (a lot of the interim lead-up story was, of course, shit).

Don't forget that the whole Two Todds story started about a year before the actual reveal - Tea was being poisoned (or something) and she walked into the Manning living room screaming at TrevorTodd "You're not Todd Manning!!!" It was the first real indication that there was going to be a move towards RH returning to OLTL.

I don't doubt for a second that any memory that Jake/Jason has will be revealed to have been implanted in him by Helena if Steve Burton is suddenly available and he wants to return to the show. He could be AJ or pretty much anyone else in that case. And if ABC were paying attention, they'd get both Burton and Kanan back on contract and have them duke it out verbally til the end of the show (and they could use old clips too.. bonus!!). As usual with this stuff, because it writes itself, because it's character drama and because fans want it, it'll never happen (and yes, there's a long list of actors who have returned to shows where they've had falling outs with the producer or head writer; happens all the time).

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 2

Don't forget that the whole Two Todds story started about a year before the actual reveal - Tea was being poisoned (or something) and she walked into the Manning living room screaming at TrevorTodd "You're not Todd Manning!!!" It was the first real indication that there was going to be a move towards RH returning to OLTL.

I think they were just fucking with us at that point. They had been trying to negotiate with Roger two years before, during the rapemance when Trevor St. John was front and center as Todd. He was apparently friendly and open, but he ended up re-upping with ATWT until it went off the air. But it begs the question of what they had intended to do if they'd gotten him then - would they have ended the rapemance with 'surprise, this dude is not Todd'? And then put TSJ with Susan Haskell and RH back with Blair/KDP? I have no idea. I do know Ron never let go of getting him back, obviously, which is why he teased it in 2010 as you said. When he wants something he'll keep hinting at it and never let it go. He did it at OLTL and he's done it many times on GH, he still does today.

As for Steve Burton and Sean Kanan, my understanding is they had expected Steve to agree to continue as Jason, maybe in a Kimberly McCullough-esque capacity. They had banked SK's entire return on playing out the brotherly conflict between Jason and A.J., with Steve Burton continuing as Jason. When Steve left and they had no Jason they quickly lost all interest in A.J. It's ridiculous, but that's Ron - he gets one idea in his head and never lets go, and he'll miss the forest for the trees. You did not need Jason to use A.J. If anything, adding A.J. seriously mitigated the blow they took from losing Jason. I hated Steve Burton but I knew his audience popularity; I thought it might cripple the show. It didn't, and part of that was down to the way they wisely dovetailed Jason's "demise" with A.J.'s resurrection.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I don't doubt for a second that any memory that Jake/Jason has will be revealed to have been implanted in him by Helena if Steve Burton is suddenly available and he wants to return to the show.

I don't see Billy Miller sticking around long enough to play that out. He'll probably be going to The Oscars next month and will leave TFGH in the dust sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't be surprised if his exit story was that after believing himself to be Jason and bonding with his family, BM's character discovers he actually isn't Jason and was just some pawn of Helena's. The who, what, where, when, and why will be handover away as Helena wanting to fuck with Sam, Liz, Carly, and the Q's for reasons.

And the question of whether or not the real Jason actually is alive out there somewhere will be left open until either the show ends, or SBu comes back.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I saw some random drop about Robert Kelker Kelly taping next week.* Siiiiiiiigh, I jinxed it by bringing up the subject today.

*Of course it could be bullshit but I tend to believe it.

I just had another horrible thought - there is a lot of speculation that Fan February is going to be Spencer's fantasy about marrying Emma because of this picture:

http://iconosquare.com/p/904072500353347284_1081214266

God, what if Spencer imagines grampa Stavros throwing him a bachelor party or something? Although that would actually be better than anything Stavros did his last visit (Also of course RKK taping next week is also still just an unconfirmed rumor).

I will take a fantasy in which it is revealed if Spencer does not change his ways he will turn into Stavros (dun dun DUN)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I just had another horrible thought - there is a lot of speculation that Fan February is going to be Spencer's fantasy about marrying Emma because of this picture:

http://iconosquare.com/p/904072500353347284_1081214266

God, what if Spencer imagines grampa Stavros throwing him a bachelor party or something? Although that would actually be better than anything Stavros did his last visit (Also of course RKK taping next week is also still just an unconfirmed rumor).

I will take a fantasy in which it is revealed if Spencer does not change his ways he will turn into Stavros (dun dun DUN)

You know this "Fan February" thing will in actuality be "(More) Campy Things (Than Usual) that Make Ron Happy February," so it will probably be at least 50% Spencer in stupid imaginary/fantasy situations. Kill me now.

And kill me again re the return of RKK.

• Love 1

The wedding's just speculation thankfully. I do think Spencer will be a big part of the Fan-Month-He-Can't-Pronounce episode though.

Oh gack, I'll bet ten bucks right now SWSNBN will pop up somehow.  It'll be an alternate reality where she never died or Spencer talks to her ghost or blah blah ew NO!

I am expecting at least one musical number for Obrecht as well as for the kids, and no I am not prepared.

Oh gack, I'll bet ten bucks right now SWSNBN will pop up somehow.  It'll be an alternate reality where she never died or Spencer talks to her ghost or blah blah ew NO!

This made me think of Spencer singing "Castle on a Cloud". The part of me that loves Les Miserables the book would cringe at the idea of connecting Spencer in any way with it, but the part that loves the musical but acknowledges most of the songs are a huge schmaltzy cliche at this point is cracking up at the idea.

I think they were just fucking with us at that point. They had been trying to negotiate with Roger two years before, during the rapemance when Trevor St. John was front and center as Todd. He was apparently friendly and open, but he ended up re-upping with ATWT until it went off the air. But it begs the question of what they had intended to do if they'd gotten him then - would they have ended the rapemance with 'surprise, this dude is not Todd'? And then put TSJ with Susan Haskell and RH back with Blair/KDP? I have no idea. I do know Ron never let go of getting him back, obviously, which is why he teased it in 2010 as you said. When he wants something he'll keep hinting at it and never let it go. He did it at OLTL and he's done it many times on GH, he still does today.

Taking my response to the OLTL thread.

Knowing this show, would you be shocked to see an episode where Sonny never killed AJ (with Billy Warlock slotted in) where it's revealed that AJ actually is a loser and Sonny actually is the best father of all time?

• Love 3

Enough with those fucking McDonald's Happy Meal toys!

So these spoilers basically give away with Fluke is definitely not Bill.

[/

HAs anyone ever seen the Luke in the cellar with anyone else.Just Fluke.? I saw a few minutes at the gym, luke in the cellar with Fluke ? quote]DID anyone re-Ron what do you say?

Knowing this show, would you be shocked to see an episode where Sonny never killed AJ (with Billy Warlock slotted in) where it's revealed that AJ actually is a loser and Sonny actually is the best father of all time?

Trick question. Billy Warlock doesn't allow for fat shaming.

• Love 2

I have one more theory as to what Dante finds in the basement - Luke's body, and they try to fake us out that Luke died. But it's really Bill. Luke managed to escape, but he snaps and kills Bill and takes on Bill's personality and goes to continue Helena's plan.

• Love 1

Ooh, and maybe instead, Bill actually was in the grave, but when he heard Shawn digging and he dug a tunnel one spot over, and when Shawn leaves he'll dig his way up through the ground with his bare hands! That'll be this year's Heather digging herself out!

• Love 6

And now Grrpants has the zombie she wanted.

Where's our muffin baskets?

You get them when I get my dream of revived AJ Quartermaine. That's the ultimate dream. But as a consolation prize, here's some baskets of non gray paint, vodka, and a sandwich tray of non blts. It's the anti-Ron survival kit.

• Love 1

Jesus, all this show needs is Porky Pig saying, "Ba-deep, ba-deep, ba-deep, that's all folks!" at the end of every episode since it has just become a cartoon.

You realize this is what Spencer is gonna do at the end of the Fan February episode now? You conjured it up Wendy!

• Love 6

Then Dante will get sent to Miscaviage and emerge as Fante.

I probably would have liked this story if it had been done with one of my favorites actors/characters. Fante, Fanna, Fava, take your pick!

ETA: though not even DZ could have made some evil villain hitting on Kiki palatable.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

This Fluke thing has been going on so long I can't remember everything, so maybe this theory can't hold water.

But what if there is no "Luke" in the basement on Elm St.? Is it possible Fluke is Luke but he's been brainwashed by Helena and the "Luke" in the basement is just the compartmentalized good in Luke? The real Luke, who is now the evil, brainwashed Luke, aka Fluke, is out and about doing evil deeds for Helena, unaware that he's a pawn. The good part of Luke is still alive and well in his brain, hence the imagery of Luke being locked in the basement. It's like a split personality thing.

We never see Fluke bring Luke food or water. Luke never gets let out of the chair to eat, drink or go to the bathroom. We know at least a month has passed because Franco was in solitary for 28 days. A living human can go about a week without food, but only about 3 days without water before they die. But a figment of your imagination never needs food or water.

This theory would explain why Fluke knows everything about Luke from past to present, why he knows everything about everyone else, why he looks exactly like Luke- because he IS Luke, why no one that is in the Elm St. house has heard Luke, why Luke hasn't tried to break the wood chair he's taped to and escape, why Luke never needs food or water, why Helena is unconcerned about Luke being locked in the basement and hasn't ordered him killed, etc.

• Love 3

I'm beginning to think that Fluke and Luke are one in the same also. The only thing is, why is Helana so concerned then with others gaining access to the Elm St basement?

I think someone or something is down in that basement, but it is not Luke.

I'm beginning to think that Fluke and Luke are one in the same also. The only thing is, why is Helana so concerned then with others gaining access to the Elm St basement?

Because she thinks something is down there because Fluke thinks so/says so possibly. She can just be taking him ar his word.

• Love 1

It struck me reading about this split/did/hypnotize whatever possiblity that Luke is Fluke - and maybe the smell that Fluke has commented on is a rotting corpse. I think that's what Helena doesn't want anyone to see in the basement.

I truly am tired of all the mental illness in Ron's writing. First on OLTL and now here. It's exhausting.

• Love 4

Luke/Fluke being the same would also explain why Tracy couldn't tell any difference in the sack. I mean really, wouldn't that be the first thing one would notice??

Plus, I think Ron had Vicki B on OLTL always go to the "attic" to meet up with her "alters"...with Flukey , it's the basement.

Of course when the writers change their minds half way through the story, nothing really has to make sense. I mean just because soap fans have long memories  sure as hell doesn't mean the writers do.

I've long ago reached the point that I don't really care who Fluke is anymore. Just end it already.

• Love 7

Could be Robin.

I would love to watch Dante & Robin bonding, even if doing so as prisoners of Fluke. When they eventually escaped/were rescued, Dante could punch Sammy's boyfriend in the face as Robin kicked him in the nads.

• Love 2

This Fluke thing has been going on so long I can't remember everything, so maybe this theory can't hold water.

But what if there is no "Luke" in the basement on Elm St.? Is it possible Fluke is Luke but he's been brainwashed by Helena and the "Luke" in the basement is just the compartmentalized good in Luke? The real Luke, who is now the evil, brainwashed Luke, aka Fluke, is out and about doing evil deeds for Helena, unaware that he's a pawn. The good part of Luke is still alive and well in his brain, hence the imagery of Luke being locked in the basement. It's like a split personality thing.

We never see Fluke bring Luke food or water. Luke never gets let out of the chair to eat, drink or go to the bathroom. We know at least a month has passed because Franco was in solitary for 28 days. A living human can go about a week without food, but only about 3 days without water before they die. But a figment of your imagination never needs food or water.

This theory would explain why Fluke knows everything about Luke from past to present, why he knows everything about everyone else, why he looks exactly like Luke- because he IS Luke, why no one that is in the Elm St. house has heard Luke, why Luke hasn't tried to break the wood chair he's taped to and escape, why Luke never needs food or water, why Helena is unconcerned about Luke being locked in the basement and hasn't ordered him killed, etc.

That has been my theory for a while.

• Love 1
Luke/Fluke being the same would also explain why Tracy couldn't tell any difference in the sack. I mean really, wouldn't that be the first thing one would notice??

You mean the same Tracy who believed Coleman was Luke on her and Luke's wedding night? When she was assaulted? That Tracy Q?

• Love 4

You mean the same Tracy who believed Coleman was Luke on her and Luke's wedding night? When she was assaulted? That Tracy Q?

Ewww.....well I did tune out for a while after Guza killed Alan...and Georgie. After watching since 1963 when it was 15 minutes in glorious B&W, I guess I needed a break....

(Did they really have Coleman assault Tracy? Doesn't sound like I missed a lot ...ugh. )