Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

You're right. The phrase "wants to leave Genoa City for GH" made me think it had to be a current actor. Unless they're recurring.

My guess: Chris Engen who played original Adam Newman. Allegedly over the character sleeping with a man. He made a myspace post defending himself. Re: the social media claims. He's a decent actor, young, and attractive. And Frank/Ron love controversy.

Thom Beirdz: came out as gay. Long shot.....but?

Keith Hamilton Cobb: known mostly for his AMC role, but was on Y&R. He came out via social media I think. Network suits might think controversy.

Victoria Rowell- but feuds with MSt and no way dude.

The only past or present Genoa City residents I want re-locating to Port Charles are Genie Francis, Stephen Nichols, Adrianne Leon, Sean Kanan, and Tristan Rogers.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7
Keith Hamilton Cobb: known mostly for his AMC role, but was on Y&R. He came out via social media I think. Network suits might think controversy.

I got the feeling that they meant a young actor and I know Keith is now over 50 and I think everyone knew he was gay pretty much from the beginning he just never bothered to say so publicly until several years ago, though he didn't make a big deal about it.

Frankly I wish GH could get him, heh, but I don't see him ever coming back to soaps at this point. Though he'd be an amazing actor to bring on, I have always enjoyed his performances, his Shakespearean training is always a treat to see.

Let him play Jordan's father, he'd made an amazing grandfather for TJ. Orf he could play the father of TJ's dad, putting him at odds with Jordan and especially Shawn.

As long as they didn't make him related or tied to Felix. Then there'd just be no hope for the world.

But frankly if they really are looking to bring yet another new face onto this show Ron and Frank are even bigger jackasses than I thought. They need to focus on the overloaded cast they already have.

• Love 1

I just don't see from where they'll get the money.  The cast is already bloated.

The fact that they made a new deal with Maurice screams to me that there's no way they're thinking they can snatch up Christian right now if he became available.

He's a lead himself and he does not come cheap, they'd have to start cutting people left and right or bumping over half the cast to recurring status, though for the most part I wouldn't mind it. But frankly getting him just to say that they have another Y&R alum, to me, would be such a cheap and stupid move. Which seems to be Ron and Frank's go to strategy at all times but I digress. 

This show does not need anyone new, the old vets are rarely used, or used well, and the new characters are often pointless and played by terrible actors. The show has needed to "trim the fat" so to speak for years now, even before Frank and Ron took over.

GH has functioned for quite some time now under the belief that quantity over quality matters the most.

The bigger and badder the villains and the more of them the better, the larger and louder the explosions and accidents and shootouts and the more of them the better, the messier and drawn out and destructive the break ups and cheating spells and WTD storylines and the more of them the better. 

• Love 2

I believe Christian LeBlanc just said explicitly, in an interview about his cancer SL on Y&R, that his character's disease was very definitely not going to be terminal. I also have absolutely zero confidence that GH is jumping to hire an actor of a certain age who is not the pinnacle of conventional rugged masculinity. I think that rumor came out of his fanbase panicking over word of his new storyline.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

The only way I saw Christan leaving Y&R, and all those award wins and future nominations behind for GH, a show that can hardly get a win for lighting, would have been a boatload, literally a boatload of money coming his way. Otherwise the downgrade would have been rather steep and not worth it.

I certainly see Ron and Frank sniffing out the younger set above all else for the show though. God forbid they actually use the little fuckers they already have but...

But if I actually think about it, the lot of young actors I last saw on Y&R really didn't impress me anyway. Although if someone wanted to lure Tom Pelphrey onto the show, I'd be down with that. As long as he had no ties to Dr. O, Franco, the Nina, or notLuke.

• Love 1

I'd say David Tom, but who on Y&R not Micheal Muhney would be a hard sell, getting back into daytime, and caused controversy on social media?

With all the failed comedies from the fall season and the fact that the dramas survived mostly, the hypothesis could be that the daytime budget increased a tad. It's still ratings. Katie Couric failed.

So maybe David Tom is the new Lucky?

• Love 1

With all the failed comedies from the fall season and the fact that the dramas survived mostly, the hypothesis could be that the daytime budget increased a tad. It's still ratings. Katie Couric failed.

I'm not sure how CBS and NBC run things, but ABC has GH's budget tied directly to its ratings.

On another related note, really aside from Ellen, Steve Harvey, and The Talk, talk shows are doing horribly right now. The only new daytime show with any traction this year is Craig Ferguson's Celebrity Name Game.

And even if the networks don't care about this, the affiliates do. I think they, specifically the Affiliate Board of Governors, will keep the soaps on air for some time to come. Its allegedy this group that persuaded ABC to let affiliates GH at another time if they elected to. My affiliate for example, which is not an O&O, decided to air Chew at 2 and GH at 3.

ETA: I think the affiliates in my market have very smartly arranged their schedules so that soap is only airing on one channel at a time. Y&R/B&B airs 1230-2, Days at 2 (after being dispatched to the CW sister station a couple years ago) and GH at 3.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

We have actual promos again and more grey paint. I think the budget has gone up. If this is a dude wanting back in, then he's taking a salary cut. He's most likely known for Y&R, but wants in GH. He did something on social media that was controversial, which could make him a hard sell. How bad can it be, considering it's Frank and Ron? That's why I skewer towards Chris Engen, David Tom. They'd come kinda cheap, no? And like Ron could resist putting two Billy Abbots in scenes?

I don't think Chris Engen is seriously in the business anymore; he's gotten even more religious and his only other credit is the infamously terrible direct-to-wherever Easy Rider "sequel" made by a crazy lawyer who has been squatting on those film rights for years. Plus, his quasi-homophobic reaction to his mess of a story on Y&R makes him a very unlikely target for Frank and Ron.

David Tom has a pretty iffy career at this point, and while I think he got shafted by Y&R I think that debacle and his rocky daytime background otherwise makes him of little interest to any other soaps. He also had an allegedly difficult time at OLTL ten years ago, when he was working with FV.

Edited by jsbt

IMO, that homophobe label was all on that blogger, I don't remember which one. It was irresponsible of him to use his platform to spread unfounded gossip on such a controversial label. It is a shame that though he's no longer in the business, the stigma is still attached to CE's name. 

Adam Newman died with his exit IMO.

Just no to David Tom. His sister has all the talent in that family.

• Love 1

I don't think Chris Engen is seriously in the business anymore; he's gotten even more religious and his only other credit is the infamously terrible direct-to-wherever Easy Rider "sequel" made by a crazy lawyer who has been squatting on those film rights for years. Plus, his quasi-homophobic reaction to his mess of a story on Y&R makes him a very unlikely target for Frank and Ron.

David Tom has a pretty iffy career at this point, and while I think he got shafted by Y&R I think that debacle and his rocky daytime background otherwise makes him of little interest to any other soaps. He also had an allegedly difficult time at OLTL ten years ago, when he was working with FV.

I was thinking the same thing about David Tom.  I wouldn't imagine Frank wanting to work with him again.  

Just my two cents, but I read that spoiler like it's a current Y&R cast member.  I realize they said "it's not Michael Muhney" but I took that as an acknowledgement that any rumor about a Y&R actor is almost always guessed to be him, especially if you add in that the actor in question caused a stir on social media.  Whoever it is, I hope there's no truth to it or that the actor's interest is not returned by the show, because I'm not remotely interested in yet another stunt-casting "coup."  And the odds are overwhelming that they would put the actor in exactly the wrong role.  

• Love 1

I was thinking the same thing about David Tom.  I wouldn't imagine Frank wanting to work with him again.  

Just my two cents, but I read that spoiler like it's a current Y&R cast member.  I realize they said "it's not Michael Muhney" but I took that as an acknowledgement that any rumor about a Y&R actor is almost always guessed to be him, especially if you add in that the actor in question caused a stir on social media.  Whoever it is, I hope there's no truth to it or that the actor's interest is not returned by the show, because I'm not remotely interested in yet another stunt-casting "coup."  And the odds are overwhelming that they would put the actor in exactly the wrong role.  

OT but Justin Hartley really has MM's nuances and expressions down on Y&R. Great recast IMO!

• Love 3

What about Jeff Branson? Played Ronan, a character who was involved with MSt's character.

Still think it's Kristoff because literally everything else fits, plus he'd be great as either Jordan's dad or TJ's dad. Depending on how they age the character. He looks slightly older imo than Sean Blakemore.

• Love 1

Easton, Alderson...

Indeed! I know this is unpopular, but I'd also axe...JT. I know it is not his fault KMc wanted to leave and he wants to have steady income, but everything else he has been tried in seems to have floundered, Samtrick included, albeit a bit more warmly received than Purina, but we all know the end result, so why invest in Samtrick, anyway?

• Love 3

With Frisco, as opposed to Robert, being named the off-screen head of the WSB and whatever story was evidently being planned for Sloane being jettisoned, I am really hopeful that Tristan Rogers is on his way back.

He has been at Y&R for about a year now and I think the folks at the Y&R thread back at TWoP said he signed a 1-year contract.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

And like I also mentioned in the episode thread, I don't want my RobertFucking!Scrorpio/Tristan Rogers anywhere NEAR this craptastic shitfest of a show, while the current show runners douchenozzles of hacks are in charge.

And even though realistically, Robert should very well be running WSB, he just loves being a spy...MORE.

But Frisco? Head of WSB? Such What the Fuckery, because I'm sure that while Victor was head, he placed as many of his minions as agents as well. And Frisco ain't no RobertFucking!Scorpio when it comes to culling out the dirt and getting shit done.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

I feel like they could have easily made the off-screen head of the WSB Sean Donely.  He used to have that job, right?  So say that he fully recovered from Jerry's poisoning and the WSB asked him to step in and help clean up the Victor Cassadine mess.  And he would also have protected Anna against Agent Sloane.

• Love 3

And like I also mentioned in the episode thread, I don't want my RobertFucking!Scrorpio/Tristan Rogers anywhere NEAR this craptastic shitfest of a show, while the current show runners douchenozzles of hacks are in charge.

And even though realistically, Robert should very well be running WSB, he just loves being a spy...MORE.

But Frisco? Head of WSB? Such What the Fuckery, because I'm sure that while Victor was head, he placed as many of his minions as agents as well. And Frisco ain't no RobertFucking!Scorpio when it comes to culling out the dirt and getting shit done.

I feel like they could have easily made the off-screen head of the WSB Sean Donely.  He used to have that job, right?  So say that he fully recovered from Jerry's poisoning and the WSB asked him to step in and help clean up the Victor Cassadine mess.  And he would also have protected Anna against Agent Sloane.

But we mustn't forget that neither Robert or Sean would have felt all that inclined to have a spy filled jet put a halt to its' mission and haul Maxie's ass across the country so she could mack on her new boy toy for the New Year.

If there is anything Ron keeps trying to teach us all it is the meaning of the word 'priority", or even better how to "prioritize" what is and isn't a "priority". And really where would we be without his guidance and wisdom after all...?

Happy flippin' New Year.

• Love 2

I can take Robert back if his first scene is at the Q mansion, he stands for one minute in a room with Anna, Lulu, Dante, Tracy, Monica and Fluke and listens to the conversation. Then he takes out his gun points it at Fluke and says "I know Luke Spencer, Luke Spencer is a friend of mine, and You are no Luke Spencer" Then he shoots Fluke and turns to every one else in the room and says "For Pete's sake what is wrong with you people. I bet Spencer's in the Basement" and stalks out of the room

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 9

If GH is wanting to save money they can (1) get rid of the Windemere set by having Nicholas blow the place up in an all out war against Helena; (2) use the hospital sets more; (3) send Dante and Lulu to Europe to live with Laura for a couple of years; (4) hire someone who keeps track of GH history so stories make more sense and the show won't bleed viewers over BS and camp characters and storylines.

David Thom as Lucky Spencer.  Possible.  He was terrible as Billy Abbott, in my opinion, because of that baby face he has.  He looked more like Victoria's much younger brother than her husband.  I was really glad to see him go from that role.  He could play Lucky if he isn't thrown at Liz all the time.  While Rebecca H doesn't look old enough to be his much older sister, that pairing has been so overused we viewers could really use a break. 

New doctors needed?  Hell, yes we need more doctors in the hospital and in town.  Or, how about a new lawyer in town to set up practice either with or against Alexis. There no longer seems to be much maneuvering, legal or not so legal, in Port Charles, especially in the business world.  Why hasn't anyone challenged Dr. O's control of the hospital now that the WSB has been purged?  Put Felicia behind the mayor's desk and give her some community problems. 

There is going to have to be some redemption going on in the New Year.  How can we keep Nina and Franco if they are both crazier than loons?  Pit Michael and Morgan against one another in some venue other than Kiki's pants. 2015 has lots of possibilities for stories.  Why does it have to be the same ole shit on the show? 

• Love 2

I'd love a new lawyer who isn't banging a mobster, Carly, nor a Quartermaine. Oh and must hate Kiki. Did I cover the main law breakers? That's who Micheal Easton should have played. A damned lawyer. There are two and they both sleep with mobsters. Well, 3 if you count Scotty the DA.

Lulu has a visit from someone from her past? Nathan and Dante warn Johnny?! So the #freejohnny campaign has worked? Yes!

The new prisoner has to be Julian. Johnny and Carlos must screw him over. Shoulder shrugs to the sky. The spoiler about Micheal learning a family secret is confusing. Is it about the cottage? Tim Spencer? Luke/Bobbie's childhood or Michael 's baby um babyhood? Does this have to do with the Jason stuff or Fluke?

Uh oh, all the mentions in the weekly spoilers about Luke and Bobbie and family skeletons/secrets from their past makes me verrry nervous.  What kind of ridiculous retcon does Ron have on deck?

In other news, hey, Lucas!  He gets to be on-screen, talk to his nephew, AND is offered a job!  Buuut...is he really qualified to run a clinic?

• Love 1

Bobbie's childhood home? Am I insane or didn't Luke and Bobbie grow up in Florida?

You are definitely not insane.  Bobbie and Luke didn't move to PC until they were adults.  If Ron tries some bullshit retcon here, I think I'll be sick.  Carly also grew up in Florida, because that's where she was adopted.  I can accept if Luke is in the basement of his old house with Laura, but didn't Lucky burn the thing down? 

Re: Michael.  Are they going to have him find out some family secret so Carly never has to apologize for real?  Oh, see Michael, you kept secrets too.  This show sucks right now, and I really don't see it getting any better with the stories/characters Ron wants front and center.  Mobsters in Prison, Nina/Franco, Jakeson, whatever, snore...

Bobbie's childhood home? Am I insane or didn't Luke and Bobbie grow up in Florida?

I was wondering the same.  Looking at Luke's character profile on Wikipedia, there's a bunch of stuff about them growing up in poverty near the Port Charles docks and only after their mom died and their dad left that they moved to Florida.

The whole thing is so contrived, though.  Their crappy childhood home would still be standing...and be the best site for a new, state-of-the-art medical facility?

Edited by TeeVee329
Bobbie takes Michael to their old home and while there she accidentally reveals a family secret to her grandson.

Calling it now - it will turn out there was a third Spencer sibling besides Luke and Bobbie, a boy, who was Luke's twin.  I'm thinking they will go for the BLOOD BROTHERS angle where the twin got given up for adoption because the family couldn't afford the extra kid.

• Love 1

The whole thing is so contrived, though.  Their crappy childhood home would still be standing...and be the best site for a new, state-of-the-art medical facility?

Well how else are we going to get near misses where everybody who is working on the project almost discover Luke tied up in the basement. Because you know that is where Luke is going to end up being.

Thanks for all the WTF regarding the Spencer's childhood home. I was doing the same thing after reading it.

Lucas finally gets to be onscreen. Can he and Brad have some actual scenes? That last more than 3 seconds.

There is a whole lot of FauxLuke/ Spencer shit coming. Why is Micheal so involved with this Spencer crappie vs spending more time in the Q fold.

I don't mind the whole angle with the Spencers if it's actually a part of the existing canon. I think it's a great idea to go back to the old home, to make a clinic for A.J., etc. All nice stuff. As usual with Ron, the issue is often more the execution - this is all about the Fluke Saga, and I still believe it is about Eckert (Bill was a cousin of the Spencers).

None of which had to be bad either, but after a year of this mess it's just, sigh.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Let's just call him RetRon from now on since he loves doing them so much and mucking up history. 

And you know what else is annoying about that Spencer family spoiler? Bobbie won't be able to tell that something is off and different about her own brother. 

This fucking show. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 4

Well how else are we going to get near misses where everybody who is working on the project almost discover Luke tied up in the basement. Because you know that is where Luke is going to end up being.

Oh I didn't even think about that, yeah, that's totally where Luke is tied up.

And you know what else is annoying about that Spencer family spoiler? Bobbie won't be able to tell that something is off and different about her own brother. 

Bobbie was already fooled by Fluke last year, when she caught him at Lucas' hospital bedside.

Edited by TeeVee329