Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Damn.  I mean, they left the door open for this with the quotation marks around Claudette's "death", but still...damn.

If it is for a short stay, emphasis on SHORT, and she is part of Valentin's downfall and gets Charlotte to be with Lulu full-time, I suppose it's all right.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 11:48 PM, LexieLily said:

They wouldn't care enough about Jake, either, to steal him from the dead and train him to be a little mini-soldier boy, unless he was a Spencer and not a Morgan/Quartermaine

Believe me, I would dearly love to see a retcon where Jake turns out to be Lucky's after all!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

If it is for a short stay, emphasis on SHORT, and she is part of Valentin's downfall and gets Charlotte to be with Lulu full-time, I suppose it's all right.

I assume she has some kind of dirt on Val, that's why she was running from him and he "killed" her.

Watch she got lured out of hiding by reading Man Landers, ugh.  And doesn't this mean Maxie and Nathan's marriage is invalid?  Didn't they find out she was "dead" because they went looking for her so Nathan could get divorced?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I assume she has some kind of dirt on Val, that's why she was running from him and he "killed" her.

Watch she got lured out of hiding by reading Man Landers, ugh.  And doesn't this mean Maxie and Nathan's marriage is invalid?  Didn't they find out she was "dead" because they went looking for her so Nathan could get divorced?

I think she has dirt on Valentin, too. That was obvious when she abruptly disappeared and Valentin promptly retained custody at trial. 

I'm pretty sure that your second part is true. Wasn't it Nathan and Maxie at the cabin when that forest ranger on Valentin's payroll told them Claudette had committed suicide?

I don't even recall if Nathan even requested a death certificate. Which is weird, since I think that he needed it for a new marriage license. To show that he was free to marry Maxie.

I just want Claudette to show up, prove that Charlotte is biologically her kid and take Charlotte away. Blowing up Valentin/Nina, Maxie/Nathan and leaving a shocked Laura and Lulu in her wake. Hell, let her scream at Griffin for ever believing that she would commit suicide. Giving him more reason to pout about his choices. Let Lulu realize this was all a ruse and let her find her missing Lante kid with her husband. Giving Lulu and Dante a shot at a real story! Crazy, I know! Have Claudette blow up Valentin's marriage and have her clue Nina in on with a well place comment or two about checking on Nina's finances. And have it show that she has lost a massive hunk of her fortune.

Hell, if the show truly does want to keep Charlotte in town then just do this: Claudette has to go on the run from Big Bad Mad Val. Have her allow Nina to have guardianship of Charlotte. With the caveat that Nina cannot live or be around Valentin. No love or friendship. Salt the earth vengeance type of anger. No going back to him. Gives Nina a reason to stay clear of Valentin and gives her a bit more family.  

Hell, let Nina having Charlotte be a catalyst to jump start the Lante embryo/lost kid search. Let Lulu's devastation get Nathan and Nina to gang up on Dr. O and Britt. And have that allow some hints to drop for Lante to follow up on. And yes, NO CHANCE FOR ANY LULU/WHOEVER CASSADINE spawn. Laura should not be a grandmother to her rapist's baby. Nor any relative of rapist's family.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I don't even recall if Nathan even requested a death certificate. Which is weird, since I think that he needed it for a new marriage license. To show that he was free to marry Maxie.

I just want Claudette to show up, prove that Charlotte is biologically her kid and take Charlotte away. Blowing up Valentin/Nina, Maxie/Nathan and leaving a shocked Laura and Lulu in her wake. Hell, let her scream at Griffin for ever believing that she would commit suicide. Giving him more reason to pout about his choices. Let Lulu realize this was all a ruse and let her find her missing Lante kid with her husband. Giving Lulu and Dante a shot at a real story! Crazy, I know! Have Claudette blow up Valentin's marriage and have her clue Nina in on with a well place comment or two about checking on Nina's finances. And have it show that she has lost a massive hunk of her fortune.

Hell, if the show truly does want to keep Charlotte in town then just do this: Claudette has to go on the run from Big Bad Mad Val. Have her allow Nina to have guardianship of Charlotte. With the caveat that Nina cannot live or be around Valentin. No love or friendship. Salt the earth vengeance type of anger. No going back to him. Gives Nina a reason to stay clear of Valentin and gives her a bit more family.  

Hell, let Nina having Charlotte be a catalyst to jump start the Lante embryo/lost kid search. Let Lulu's devastation get Nathan and Nina to gang up on Dr. O and Britt. And have that allow some hints to drop for Lante to follow up on. And yes, NO CHANCE FOR ANY LULU/WHOEVER CASSADINE spawn. Laura should not be a grandmother to her rapist's baby. Nor any relative of rapist's family.

Would Nina do that, though? Claudette allowing the crazy lady guardianship of her daughter notwithstanding, I know that Nina based so much of her True Love for Valentin on the fact that he had a kid but the minute things got tough in their marriage, she left Valentin, moved out of Wyndemere and basically walked away from Charlotte. She didn't get the message from Nelle saying she quit or Charlotte's school saying no one was there to pick her up because she was intentionally ignoring her phone because she didn't want to talk to Valentin. Would she really walk away from him even if that gave her Charlotte?

Charlotte not being Lulu's being the catalyst for Lulu searching for and finding her last viable embryo with Dante is good enough for me. And yes, NO TO THE STAVROS/LULU KID. Didn't they already have a Stavros/Lulu girl cast before TPTB inexplicably swerved to bless our screens with the Charlotte/Valentin angle?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Echoing what's been said: I hope she has proof that Charlotte is hers and some rando she hooked up with, thus stopping the French-speaking, "she has blonde hair, she's obviously my daughter" endless scenes that that kid is thrust into.

Alas, it'll probably be more like "see how bad Valentin" is because the show can't commit to what they want for this character, other than having a "big bad" who isn't Jason/Sonny/NuJason.

I think she will cause issues for Griffin and Ava, but her main purpose will be blowing up Val's spot.

Gawd, watch Claudette be one of the 30 charcters Frank bragged would be part of the Tale of Two Jasons umbrella story, barf.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gawd, watch Claudette be one of the 30 charcters Frank bragged would be part of the Tale of Two Jasons umbrella story, barf.

You know they think they're being so clever by tying in Claudette. I NEVER CARED.

• Love 3

I'm sure the writers haven't considered this connection partly because things are "settled" because of their "shared custody", but Lulu has reason to go to court and petition for a new hearing or changes to the agreement now that Andre is Evil due to the fact that Andre was the psychiatrist that evaluated Charlotte.

13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm sure the writers haven't considered this connection partly because things are "settled" because of their "shared custody", but Lulu has reason to go to court and petition for a new hearing or changes to the agreement now that Andre is Evil due to the fact that Andre was the psychiatrist that evaluated Charlotte.

Why would it affect Charlotte's case? Unless Valentin is behind the Russia/Patient 6 nonsense, it has zero bearing on Charlotte's case. Lulu and Valentin agreed on shared custody. That is all the judge will care about. Andre had very little to do with that. He was only important in the beginning of the case. 

Carly is filled with questions

Jason worries about his son

Nina needs reassurance from Valentin

Franco turns his focus to Liz

Nathan isn't comfortable continuing his ruse

The worst spoilers are the ones that could apply to any week in the last six months. The one about Nina and Valentin especially is a big fat "No kidding." 

"Patient 6 acts when an opportunity presents itself" is kind of funny, though, in that "acts" could be read a couple of different ways. Steve Burton works on his Emmy reel? Patient 6 signs up for some dinner-theater Lear with Spenthaw? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

Reason 345664 their marriage won't last. Which was obvious from the start when the only reason they married was to keep Charlotte.

Which should not have worked even on a soap! She was sent to a mental institution for drugging a woman, forcing her into labor and then fleeing the country  with the newborn - all without ever seeking any medical care for the newborn. A Certificate of Sanity should not have helped the custody case

• Love 3

Reason 345664 their marriage won't last. Which was obvious from the start when the only reason they married was to keep Charlotte.

The really weird thing to me is that Ava, Julian or Sonny hasn't threatened to kill/destroy Nina for her damn murderous actions concerning Avery's birth. Avery could've easily died. I know Sonny couldn't care less about Ava almost dying (as he was actively planning to murder Ava after she had the baby), but you'd like to think that he would be pissed about the new girl child almost dying. Or that Julian would care about his sister and niece. Or Ava. Hell, did she even bat an eye seeing Nina at the damn event? Jebus. She planned AJ's murder and he didn't try to kill her. Nina came within minutes of killing her and stole her newborn and all Nina gets is a job from Ava's brother? Even Lauren was all cool with Nina. She almost killed your mom and baby sister, but Franco says she is cool. So she was good with that?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, stlbf said:

The really weird thing to me is that Ava, Julian or Sonny hasn't threatened to kill/destroy Nina for her damn murderous actions concerning Avery's birth. Avery could've easily died. I know Sonny couldn't care less about Ava almost dying (as he was actively planning to murder Ava after she had the baby), but you'd like to think that he would be pissed about the new girl child almost dying. Or that Julian would care about his sister and niece. Or Ava. Hell, did she even bat an eye seeing Nina at the damn event? Jebus. She planned AJ's murder and he didn't try to kill her. Nina came within minutes of killing her and stole her newborn and all Nina gets is a job from Ava's brother? Even Lauren was all cool with Nina. She almost killed your mom and baby sister, but Franco says she is cool. So she was good with that?

I always think the same thing. I know Sonny and Carly wouldn't have cared one whit if Ava died (easier for them to raise Avery as their own daughter), but you'd think that Sonny, Carly and Ava would have unified together for at least those weeks when newborn Avery was kidnapped and want to prosecute Nina/Franco for the crime. Or kill, which is their usual modus operandi. It makes no sense to me that Nina has gotten off scot-free with the other characters for kidnapping a newborn and was actually rewarded with, at the beginning, full custody of Charlotte.

• Love 5

This week on "Generally Jason":

I saw this noted on Twitter...why, after Jason rescues Sam, would he be bursting into Sonny's house?  No way do I believe the pier and Sonny's manse are walking distance.

I will say, this is happening faster than I thought it would.  I thought we'd be way deeper into November sweeps by the time Jason revealed himself.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Oh, FFS. Why does Sam have to be semiconscious when OG Jason reappears? It's so insulting. Though had she not be stabbed with something, I'm sure she'd have fainted when she saw him, whereas of course Carly can be upright and merely amazed. UGH.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I want a showdown of both Jasons yelling, “I’m the real Jason!” “No, I’m the real Jason!” And everyone is looking back and forth like it’s a tennis match. Heh.

Nothing will beat on OLTL Todd asking his family how they could believe VicTodd was him when he re-raped Marty and Blair, Tea, Viki, etc. were all like, "Ummm....oooh, interesting spider web up there on the ceiling!"

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nothing will beat on OLTL Todd asking his family how they could believe VicTodd was him when he re-raped Marty and Blair, Tea, Viki, etc. were all like, "Ummm....oooh, interesting spider web up there on the ceiling!

I think GH actually needed a moment like that. There's a sense of general wrongness with BM's Jason but this story is missing that kind of Marty/Todd specific, visceral wrong

I mean, I guess in this case, it's Jason walking away from the mob to keep his family safe - but, how is that the thing that lies at Jason's core? Did Guza realize the degree to which he'd hollowed this character out with his obsession with Jason as the Enforcer?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think GH actually needed a moment like that.

I think Jason being all, "I would never walk away from you, Sonny my love, to BUY A MEDIA COMPANY" and that being what clinched it for Sonny was sorta in the same vein.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think Jason being all, "I would never walk away from you, Sonny my love, to BUY A MEDIA COMPANY" and that being what clinched it for Sonny was sorta in the same vein.

Not that I've been watching, but how did Patient Six/SBu/Jason know that BM-Jason/Drew and Sam bought a media company? Was that in the last-five-years run-down that Ava gave him?

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think GH actually needed a moment like that. There's a sense of general wrongness with BM's Jason but this story is missing that kind of Marty/Todd specific, visceral wrong

I mean, I guess in this case, it's Jason walking away from the mob to keep his family safe - but, how is that the thing that lies at Jason's core? Did Guza realize the degree to which he'd hollowed this character out with his obsession with Jason as the Enforcer?

Just like some characters are businessmen/women, doctors, lawyers, criminals, psychos, Jason was Sonny's hitman. That is who Guza wanted him to be. Did some fans hate it and want it to change? Yes. Did I think Jason should have eventually progressed and did something else? Sure. I actually thought Jason should have regained all his memories as a Q YEARS AGO and played THAT beat. Alas, that was never in the cards. Who Jason Morgan is? That's who he is at this point. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I will say, this is happening faster than I thought it would.  I thought we'd be way deeper into November sweeps by the time Jason revealed himself.

"The stories are moving like a greased bullet!" (Okay, if that blast from the past only makes one person in giggle in recognition, I will be pleased.) 

But I agree. The way they were setting it up, giving Sam her feline fecal syndrome and having her hallucinate, making a "No one believes Sam" story possible, and having OGJason only interact at first with new characters, I thought they were going to milk the hell out of the delayed reveal. When he actually came face to face with Sonny after only lurking in PC for a few episodes, and then it wasn't someone's dream, I was pleasantly surprised. I don't mind waiting for something good, but I think the more interesting part of this story is in getting on with it.   

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Just like some characters are businessmen/women, doctors, lawyers, criminals, psychos, Jason was Sonny's hitman. That is who Guza wanted him to be. Did some fans hate it and want it to change? Yes. Did I think Jason should have eventually progressed and did something else? Sure. I actually thought Jason should have regained all his memories as a Q YEARS AGO and played THAT beat. Alas, that was never in the cards. Who Jason Morgan is? That's who he is at this point. 

I don't disagree, and there are probably Sonny/Jason fans who felt about their scene the way I felt about the Todd scene that TeeVee329 described, but it just feels so small to me.

Like no, Jason absolutely would not buy a media company. But, so what.  He didn't walk away from an embattled Sonny in the middle of a mob war, leaving Michael and Carly unprotected.  The media company is out of character -  it's just that it's also small stakes nothingness. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I don't care if Jason remains a braindead hitman for Sonny.  But I really dislike that this makes him the Sainted Jasus, and that they gave him a family when he will always put Sonny and Carly ahead of his own children.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't care if Jason remains a braindead hitman for Sonny.  But I really dislike that this makes him the Sainted Jasus, and that they gave him a family when he will always put Sonny and Carly ahead of his own children.

I understand you, totally. I think what's missing is other characters being able to call him out for this. But after the '90s, Guza just made everyone accept it and it was just, "Aw! I'll never betray you, Jason! You do whatever you want!" I miss when Brenda was like, "You don't get to love! Not with your chosen profession and your allegiance to Sonny!"

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, stlbf said:

The really weird thing to me is that Ava, Julian or Sonny hasn't threatened to kill/destroy Nina for her damn murderous actions concerning Avery's birth. Avery could've easily died. I know Sonny couldn't care less about Ava almost dying (as he was actively planning to murder Ava after she had the baby), but you'd like to think that he would be pissed about the new girl child almost dying. Or that Julian would care about his sister and niece. Or Ava. Hell, did she even bat an eye seeing Nina at the damn event? Jebus.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, LexieLily said:

I always think the same thing. I know Sonny and Carly wouldn't have cared one whit if Ava died (easier for them to raise Avery as their own daughter), but you'd think that Sonny, Carly and Ava would have unified together for at least those weeks when newborn Avery was kidnapped and want to prosecute Nina/Franco for the crime. Or kill, which is their usual modus operandi. It makes no sense to me that Nina has gotten off scot-free with the other characters for kidnapping a newborn and was actually rewarded with, at the beginning, full custody of Charlotte.

Sonny himself knew that Nina wasn't in her right mind at the time.  He even acknowledged that himself once.  That's why he hasn't tried to retaliate against her.

Julian has a lot thrown hate at Nina for her actions toward Ava, but yeah, it's kind of weird that he never actively did anything to her over that.

4 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Sonny himself knew that Nina wasn't in her right mind at the time.  He even acknowledged that himself once.  That's why he hasn't tried to retaliate against her.

Julian has a lot thrown hate at Nina for her actions toward Ava, but yeah, it's kind of weird that he never actively did anything to her over that.

Since when has someone's soundness of mind ever mattered to Sonny? He didn't care about Claudia's crazy. He was pissed at Carly's change of life after he shot her in the head while giving birth. But Nina gets a pass after inducing early labor and stealing Avery? Makes sense. <Meaning no sense at all> Sonny only cares about Sonny. But for him not to even threaten Nina? Out of touch, writers.

Julian said practically nothing to Nina. It would be one thing if he had told Ava that he was planning on dumping a toxic and debt laden Crimson on Nina for a huge chunk of Nina's fortune. That I could buy as a very Julian revenge mode. But to just give her a job for tax purposes?  Lame.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Since when has someone's soundness of mind ever mattered to Sonny?

Since he found out about his own condition.

30 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Julian said practically nothing to Nina.

Wrong.  He threw plenty of verbal shade at her.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:04 AM, stlbf said:

Since when has someone's soundness of mind ever mattered to Sonny? He didn't care about Claudia's crazy. He was pissed at Carly's change of life after he shot her in the head while giving birth. But Nina gets a pass after inducing early labor and stealing Avery? Makes sense. <Meaning no sense at all> Sonny only cares about Sonny. But for him not to even threaten Nina? Out of touch, writers.

Julian said practically nothing to Nina. It would be one thing if he had told Ava that he was planning on dumping a toxic and debt laden Crimson on Nina for a huge chunk of Nina's fortune. That I could buy as a very Julian revenge mode. But to just give her a job for tax purposes?  Lame.

True.   Sonny (and this is why imo he's an epic fail for romantic lead of a soap) has mistreated women to the point of extreme anguish to their mental and often physical state.  He "can't leave the mob" no matter what,  taking a toll on everyone connected to him- which is the whole town.  He went after AJ Quartermaine physically and psychologically for years.  AJ 's alcoholism was "weakness".  His upbringing and desire to succeed in a legit company and to see his only child was considered "entitled" behavior from a spoiled man child.   So, yeah.  Sonny can and would throw some bs at Nina for stealing and possibly near injuring Avery.  He's done more for less reasons.

• Love 6