Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Promo:

1) No way do I think Jason is actually "done hiding in the shadows".  Me thinks there's some misleading editing in here.

2) Hey, Monica made it into the promo two weeks in a row!

3) Who is that dude holding a gun on Carly?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do like that they're doing the soapy big event with a bunch of characters dressed up and in the same room, it's been a while.

And of course it involves guns! LOL. By this point, people should be yawning and saying, "Ugh, again?," not screaming in fear. Or else pulling out their own guns and shooting. Heh.

I hope this week OGJason's presence is revealed to more people than Ava. That's one soap convention I wish would be dumped for good. You can't have a character lurk around town for weeks anymore. Especially since he's not doing anything else but lurk. In some ways the pacing for this story has been decent (using the GH curve, of course), but now that OGJason is in PC, they need to really crank it up. Stop with having Jake think he saw Jason. Have some adults see Jason briefly but not believe it, then have everyone see him at whatever this event is. (Which might be what happens?) But get it moving, and moving fast.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And of course it involves guns!

And Carly in danger, natch.  I mean, how many times has Carly had a gun held on her in just that fashion.  Take a self-defense class, girl.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Carly in danger, natch.  I mean, how many times has Carly had a gun held on her in just that fashion.  Take a self-defense class, girl.

It wouldn't be a crisis if one of Sonny's loved ones wasn't held at gunpoint/shot/kidnapped.  I mean, who among us would care if SONNY didn't care? /sarcasm

• Love 4

I like that they cast an actual wounded vet for the role. Here's hoping it's a one- or two-day part that wraps up this inane Ask Man Landers story once and for all: Amy 2.0 has enough money to pay for Chet's surgeries, all goes well, and Chet lives a happy and productive offscreen life. Amy 2.0 visits him offscreen often.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

That's funny he has the same name as the GH co-head writer, I wonder if that's how he got on the show's radar.

I concur with dubbel zout that I like that they cast an actual wounded vet, and it would actually be interesting for a US soap to have a disabled character regularly on canvas (...and this guy is cute so I wouldn't mind if my joke about him and Lucas having kissed in HS became canon).  But...I hate Amy 2.0 and this storyline and it's taking up time and space for other things I'd rather see so...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Well, for one thing, we have no idea how they're going to retcon that part of the story. If Robin resurrected OGJason and they escaped the clinic together before they separated, that would mean OGJason knows Robin is alive. And would know about Danny, as she told him in that car. I feel like he's playing it like he knows NOTHING after a five-year absense and had no idea how much time had even passed. I'm wondering if they'll change the story to be that Robin was lured to believe she was working on Jason, but it was Drew.

• Love 3

I guess it's true we don't know how the mechanics of the retcon are going to work.  They've already retconned that Crichton-Clark was a Helena operation, never mind it was Victor Cassadine and Helena was a Popsicle.  But I've been working under the assumption that the switch happened after they escaped from the clinic and thus Robin wouldn't really know anything about it.

Once again, I have to insist that the Cassadines would not care this much about Jason, they just wouldn't.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Robin needs to be a part of this.  It doesn't even matter if she revived Fakeson or OGJason, she was heavily involved with the story of THE RETURN THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING (really nothing).  If she revived Fakeson, that means OGJ doesn't even know she's alive and he SHOULD know that, he'd WANT to know that.  Plus, she could explain to him what went down at Crighton.  And if she revived OGJ, then the switch was done after she brought him back to Port Charles and that presents a whole different scenario as to the why and who (OK, duh, Helena) did the switch.

• Love 3

Oh, I'm always happy to see Robin, and they should play the beat with her and OG Jason.  But, ugh, they're already retconned the hell out of that time period - such as insisting it was all a Helena operation WHEN SHE WAS A POPSICLE - so I don't really want Robin involved in that plot knot.

• Love 2
On 10/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, katie9918 said:

Yeah, I don’t get the argument how the supposition that Morgan would have eventually gone off his medication anyway (don’t get me wrong, I agree with that one) in any way mitigates what Ava did to him in switching them out. 

Ava is responsible for Morgan having gone off the rails before his death. Not Carly, not Kiki, not Morgan himself. Ava was responsible and it was a shockingly cold, ruthless act on par with anything Sonny has ever done, in my opinion.

In response to your first paragraph -- and so Ava's biggest sin was impatience. She should have let Morgan implode and drive Kiki away on his own.

In response to your second, I've got nothing. You're not wrong (well, I don't know about Sonny; I stopped watching for a few years because of Sonny), but you're not wrong about Ava being responsible. I just don't care because I hated young-adult Morgan.

On 10/22/2017 at 11:22 PM, stlbf said:

It doesn't mitigate Ava's actions. It was just as terrible as Morgan and Lauren's stellar idea of drugging Michael to gaslight him into losing Avery. Same terrible idea. Only difference is that Michael wasn't involved in an crime(stealing a car) and having the extremely rotten luck of that stole car having a car bomb. 

I wish someone who loved Michael knew about of Morgan's plot would throw it in Carly's face. Just because. It is a tad annoying that Morgan's poisoning of Michael was truly just glossed over. Since he just wanted to help Sonny. It made it ok, because Michael was being a jerk to Dad. Morgan and Lauren really lucked out that Michael didn't,get hurt or hurt someone else. Including an innocent Avery.

But Ava didn't get the same luck. 

I wish Kiki would say it at some point (and point out her own complicity in drugging Michael.

35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess it's true we don't know how the mechanics of the retcon are going to work.  They've already retconned that Crichton-Clark was a Helena operation, never mind it was Victor Cassadine and Helena was a Popsicle.  But I've been working under the assumption that the switch happened after they escaped from the clinic and thus Robin wouldn't really know anything about it.

Once again, I have to insist that the Cassadines would not care this much about Jason, they just wouldn't.

It seems to me that Billy Miller Jason/Jake had a vision of Robin when he was lurking in Sam's place, when she and Patrick were in bed. Is that correct? Didn't the vision of Robin stop him from killing Samtrick?

If so, it seems to me that Billy Miiler Jason/Drew should have known Robin in Crichton-Clark.

Edited by General Days
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They wouldn't care enough about Jake, either, to steal him from the dead and train him to be a little mini-soldier boy, unless he was a Spencer and not a Morgan/Quartermaine, and since that clearly isn't going to happen, I don't see the point of Jake being un-dead.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I think, at this point, Jake is used to keep Liason connected and Franco a "father figure." Vom.

That was made explicitly clear when TPTB said they brought Jake back to even the score between Sam/Liz. Which is hilarious in hindsight because now Jason/Sam have Scout. (And I don't think they were thinking that far ahead that they already knew of SBu's return and the Patient Six/Jason story when they decided to give JaSam a second child.)

• Love 1
On 10/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, katie9918 said:

Ava is responsible for Morgan having gone off the rails before his death. Not Carly, not Kiki, not Morgan himself. Ava was responsible and it was a shockingly cold, ruthless act on par with anything Sonny has ever done, in my opinion.

Ava is responsible for Morgan having gone off the rails but she didn't kill him, or even try to kill him.  Sonny, on the other hand, killed AJ and ordered numerous hits on people including the bomb that nearly killed Kristina.   He not only colluded to keeping AJ from knowing Michael is his son, he hung AJ from a meat hook (torture) to force him to sign over his parental rights to Michael.  He also manipulated a badly injured Ava to sign over her custody of Avery to him and continues to emotional abuse her over it.    I think Sonny still wins.

24 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

They wouldn't care enough about Jake, either, to steal him from the dead and train him to be a little mini-soldier boy, unless he was a Spencer and not a Morgan/Quartermaine, and since that clearly isn't going to happen, I don't see the point of Jake being un-dead.

Ironically there aren't enough Spencers on the show any more for Helena to go after.  They've been replaced by Corinthii.

If Robin comes back, I just hope she isn't going to have to kiss Sonny ring again.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ironically there aren't enough Spencers on the show any more for Helena to go after.  They've been replaced by Corinthii.

Don't bring that up, or else next go-around we'll have Helena going after Laura again, or Lulu. Or Rocco or Charlotte. But, you know, I wouldn't mind Helena going after Valentin... ;-)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Robin comes back, I just hope she isn't going to have to kiss Sonny ring again.

LOL. She always will. And he to her. They're never going to break up that relationship. It is what it is.

39 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

, I don't see the point of Jake being un-dead.

There was no real point to kill him in the first place, other than to clear the field for Jason and Sam to have a kid.  It was a cruel storyline after they got inundated with fan outrage over canning Becky and had to backtrack on that, so I'm fine with them undoing it.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

There was no real point to kill him in the first place, other than to clear the field for Jason and Sam to have a kid.

I don't think I've ever understood this argument. What does one have to do with the other?

Oh, speaking of Danny - that poor kid is going to be so freaked out to be going from Billy Miller Dad to Stone Cold Dad. He is a bizarrely normal soap kid, especially considering who his parents are

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Oh, speaking of Danny - that poor kid is going to be so freaked out to be going from Billy Miller Dad to Stone Cold Dad. He is a bizarrely normal soap kid, especially considering who his parents are

I will respond to you and this in the main episode chat :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

There was no real point to kill him in the first place, other than to clear the field for Jason and Sam to have a kid.  It was a cruel storyline after they got inundated with fan outrage over canning Becky and had to backtrack on that, so I'm fine with them undoing it.

Exactly.  They were going to simply write Elizabeth as leaving town, there was zero need to kill off Jake.  But Geary, Jackson and Burton needed emmy bait scenes to snot and scenery chew through..  And as you mentioned, to make way for the baby that really matted to Frons.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

That was made explicitly clear when TPTB said they brought Jake back to even the score between Sam/Liz.

So dumb. Jake being dead doesn't mean he wouldn't have ever existed. (Look at Culpeper and Arbuthnot—they're alive but don't exist.) The entire thought process surrounding Jake, from conception to "death" to what we have now, is such a clusterfuck.

Though maybe that's why we now have Jason twins, so Sam and Elizabeth get to have one at the same time.

• Love 3

It makes no sense to bring Burton back on if he isn't the real Jason

Actually, if I were bringing him back for a temporary stay, I'd totally make Burton a fake. Maybe even a robot cyborg, because really, what's the difference? It'd be awesome COMEDY GOLD.  Carly droning on, Sonny throwing barware, and Sam declaring her undying devotion just before BM's Jason short circuting SB's Jason with a bucket of water. Just in time for Halloween, a homage to the Wizard of Oz. They can have him "melt" and everything. The PnL factor would be out the wazoo, especially listening to those dummies trying to justify why they were fooled by a robot. It could be cheesy fun in an Ice Princess kind of way.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL. She always will. And he to her. They're never going to break up that relationship. It is what it is.

Yeah. If shooting her in the damned arm IN FRONT OF HER KID (who also could have been shot and killed) doesn't break it (and it should damned well have there!), NOTHING will. Just proves even the smartest people can be occasionally willfully dumb as rocks.

And I really like Robin, but that just gets me. Especially when you consider the hell that damned wound put her through.

• Love 5

I'm not reading too much into that tweet. There's legit no use for her and no one for her to interact with. Although a part of me wants her to come back because it would be super hilarious to me if she convinced Bryan to quit, broke up with him, and then got her job back. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yay!  Go Britta, it's your birthday!

Maybe Brad will get dragged out of mothballs to see his BFF? 

Whoa, now! Let's not fall into crazy talk here!

Brad, out of the GH closet? Wouldn't that mean Lucas would also need to be seen?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Brad, out of the GH closet? Wouldn't that mean Lucas would also need to be seen?

Please. If anything, it would mean we wouldn't see Lucas. Brad can fill us in on what's happening. Most likely, Britt will do the honors and we won't see either Brad or Lucas. I mean, we heard from frickin' Valerie they are considering adoption.

• Love 5

Oh geez, I'm reading a RUMOR on Twitter that Andre is being blackmailed by evil doers who have kidnapped his daughter, with said daughter supposedly coming to the show as a contract character (and weren't they casting for an African-American younger actress a while back?).

In addition to this being more shades of Dr. Greg on OLTL...no.  This should have been the exit story for Andre, not an excuse to bring in his daughter.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh geez, I'm reading a RUMOR on Twitter that Andre is being blackmailed by evil doers who have kidnapped his daughter, with said daughter supposedly coming to the show as a contract character

Zzzzzz. Though if she's Michael's age, maybe she can knock Nelle out of his life.

• Love 5