Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

So, so ecstatic that Robin is gone. Anna is the freaking worst.

Really, or is that snark? I would watch any combo of the Scorpio Devane family read the phone book over most of the bull shoveled down our throats. 

3 minutes ago, General Days said:

Really, or is that snark? I would watch any combo of the Scorpio Devane family read the phone book over most of the bull shoveled down our throats. 

No snark. I never want Robin anywhere near Dr. O. If that's where Anna is, I got no use for her.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

No snark. I never want Robin anywhere near Dr. O. If that's where Anna is, I got no use for her.

Well, okay. I'm with you there. Robin shouldn't be anywhere near Dr. O, unless she's just finished killing her. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4

Meh, Kristina needs to die a fiery death before Kiki. At least Killon has some fans, so Kiki has sort of a purpose. Kristina could DIAF and like, two people would notice.     So, sounds like Jane is out by the end of the month. God forbid she get an actual exit story. Oh well.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Meh, Kristina needs to die a fiery death before Kiki. At least Killon has some fans, so Kiki has sort of a purpose. Kristina could DIAF and like, two people would notice.     So, sounds like Jane is out by the end of the month. God forbid she get an actual exit story. Oh well.

God. Get out of the tub. I don't want Jane to leave. :(

• Love 3

3/27 - Laura and Lulu see an opportunity with Nelle #GH

Ewww.

My guess is that the interesting offer or whatever she gets next week is to be Charlotte's nanny and then Laura and Lulu enlist her to be their spy.  Is this really how they're going to try and redeem Nelle?  Blech.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Nope. All non-legacy characters go first. No way 'My frrrriendssss call me Kiki' gets to live longer than Kristina. If they kill Kiki first, then we can talk. ;-)

• Love 2

I personally don't consider Kristina to be a legacy character. But even if she were, I look at things like the fact that HE can at least generate chemistry with her co stars.  Different strokes, but as a compromise, I'd happily give up Kiki to never have to see Kristina's face again. But they also must never talk about her.Ever.

7 hours ago, General Days said:

God. Get out of the tub. I don't want Jane to leave. :(

I'm good with it, cause it probably means I'm free. I really doubt they'll do much with the Qs after this, but I'd watch for them if they did. I actually think I'm going to miss Tracy with Michael the most, and no one is more shocked by that than me.

• Love 3

Laura’s fixation puts a strain on her relationship.

What fixation is that, getting Lulu custody of Charlotte? Because Laura has been pretty low-key about that, IMO. 

53 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It continues to astonish me how bad the twentysomething canvas on this show is.

There is no decent writing for any of the age groups, but the twentysomethings are especially bad.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I personally don't consider Kristina to be a legacy character. But even if she were, I look at things like the fact that HE can at least generate chemistry with her co stars.  Different strokes, but as a compromise, I'd happily give up Kiki to never have to see Kristina's face again. But they also must never talk about her.Ever.

I'm good with it, cause it probably means I'm free. I really doubt they'll do much with the Qs after this, but I'd watch for them if they did. I actually think I'm going to miss Tracy with Michael the most, and no one is more shocked by that than me.

Lexi Ainsworth had really good chemistry with Nathan Parsons when he was on the show, despite her feeling so young. And unfortunately, even at the time of her birth, Kristina was somewhat of a legacy character, at least as much as Maxie and Georgie Jones: Maurice Bernard had been on the show almost a decade and was part of one of the few couples in daytime that I actually thought deserved the label "super couple", NLG also had been the show for several years and her character is a member of the  Cassadines. So both of Kristina's parent have been heavily involved in the GH canvas for years, much longer than Paul Hornsy or Susan Moore (Dillon and Jason, who are considered legacy characters).

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

Has Kiki managed to have chem with someone? I've never seen it with Michael and the attempts to pretend there was some epic love story with Morgan were embarrassing, especially considering that both his chemistry and his relationship with her mother were much more impressive.

I mean, she and Dillon are fine, I guess. They're attractive and inoffensive but they have nothing to talk about except Morgan. They're in a different place generationally and he had more chemistry with Valerie while they were sitting on adjoining stools than he generated with HE while actually kissing.

Of course, I still find NuDillon lacking - part of that is the shallow writing for the character, but part of it is that the actor is a light weight who couldn't give Dillon depth even with better writers. He's had this life long dream that he has, for all intents and purposes , given up on to become a fashion photographer and the only conversations that he has with his would-be gf are about her ex.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

So both of Kristina's parent have been heavily involved in the GH canvas for years, much longer than Paul Hornsy or Susan Moore (Dillon and Jason, who are considered legacy characters).

Alan was Jason's bio father, and he was on the canvas for ages. As has been Monica, who raised Jason as her own (after some rocky times). And Tracy. Dillon and Jason are legitimate legacy characters, IMO.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

He's had this life long dream that he has, for all intents and purposes , given up on to become a fashion photographer and the only conversations that he has with his would-be gf are about her ex.

I actually thought making Dillon a photographer at Crimson was a decent idea, that it was still a creative job that would possibly let him interact with more people versus filmmaking in a small city in upstate New York.  It's certainly better than him becoming an ELQ office drone, putting on a suit like Michael and talking vaguely about business.  It would be nice to hear he's working on script ideas or something on the side, though.

I do think Kiki and Dillon have a cute kind of chemistry, but their scenes this week kinda showed that the writers have no idea what to do with them now that they're actually together.  And I don't blame them because I don't think these two could support any kind of bigger, more dramatic story.  But given the other crap on the show, them being cute on Wednesday every three weeks is something I can enjoy, I guess.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Alan was Jason's bio father, and he was on the canvas for ages. As has been Monica, who raised Jason as her own (after some rocky times). And Tracy. Dillon and Jason are legitimate legacy characters, IMO.

At the time of Jason's birth, Stuart Damon had been on the show less amount of time than Maurice Bernard at the time of Kristina's birth, as well as Leslie Charleston. Nor does it change the fact that Jason's biologically mother wasn't as important to the canvas, vs. how Kristina is the product of two characters that have been on the canvas for years. I am not disputing that Jason and Dillon are legacy characters, they absolutely are, and I loath Jason. My point is, Kristina is a legacy character as well, no matter what my feelings are towards her or her parents. Whether that should protect her or not, that is a different arguement. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Kristina is, IMO, totally a legacy character.

However, as currently written, Kristina is also a self-absorbed, annoying suck and can stay off my screen, please and thank you.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I actually thought making Dillon a photographer at Crimson was a decent idea, that it was still a creative job that would possibly let him interact with more people versus filmmaking in a small city in upstate New York.  It's certainly better than him becoming an ELQ office drone, putting on a suit like Michael and talking vaguely about business. 

I absolutely agree! And I was thrilled that he was actually given a job considering that RC/Jelly both allowed most of the canvas to be unemployed and aimless, but shouldn't it chafe a little? OGDillon was incredibly passionate about film making specifically and he's not doing that  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

I absolutely agree! And I was thrilled that he was actually given a job considering that RC/Jelly both allowed most of the canvas to be unemployed and aimless, but shouldn't it chafe a little? OGDillon was incredibly passionate about film making specifically and he's not doing that  

It should chafe a little, sure.

You'd also think that Dillon would still be dealing with the fact that his father is a serial killer and that he's allegedly assumed care of his traumatized, mentally ill half-sister.  Instead, he makes a quip about it to make Kiki feel better. #eyeroll

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Kristina is a legacy character as well

I agree. One problem these days is that babies are a dime a dozen on the show, used as an easy story when the writers either don't want to ignore a RL pregnancy or have run out of ideas for a character. So while legacy characters might be having kids, I don't think that automatically makes the kids legacies in and of themselves. There's no depth written into these pregnancy stories. The babies are just another plot point. Say what you will about Jason, but his conception, birth, and childhood drove some decent story for Alan, Monica, and Susan for a long time.

• Love 2

I also don't understand why it would put a strain on her relationship, unless she's insisting again that Kevin get involved. He's been sympathetic to the Spencer on this; he just doesn't want to wreck his professional reputation. I don't think that's out of line. Lulu does, but she's...overwrought right now.

• Love 3
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM, dubbel zout said:

There is no decent writing for any of the age groups, but the twentysomethings are especially bad.

It truly is shocking, isn't it? We should have Michael, Lulu, Maxi, Dillon, Morgan, Valerie, Kristina, Molly, TJ and Kiki to start a 20s group. They should all be starting careers and families. The 20 somethings should pushing the A storylines. Not Sonny and Carly.

• Love 4

Sam, Jason, Sonny and Carly get "A" storylines in the sense that they are always featured. They are always listed in spoilers, always in promos, etc. Even when they don't really have a "story", per se. Even when they cease to be interesting, which was over a decade ago for all four of them. They are still on three-four days a week, consistently. I'd put Franco in the B category, only every now and then in the "A". Yes, I do think Frank likes RH...but I don't think Franco particularly drives any real story. But then, no one does. That's the problem. Any given character could drop off the map and in spite of what that character or actor's fans may think, the Port Charles world would keep chugging like that person never existed. And that's not good. No set group of actors in what should be an ensemble show, should be so focused upon that most others fall by the wayside. But more importantly, when any contract player leaves the canvas, their absence should be felt. And in most cases, it just isn't. I think Jane's exit will be an exception, but that's because JE is larger than life. Not because Tracy has been an integral part of the canvas and the show can't survive without her(although there really isn't another character currently on that will take up her mantle when she leaves). 

The writing doesn't connect the characters to the audience emotionally anymore, which is a deadly mistake for a genre based on emotions and relationships. In my most bitter moments, I justify that this is why the Quartermaines have fallen by the wayside little by little all these years. Because if they are anything, they are about family and the complex relations and emotions involved. Even when they seemed to hate each  other, you knew there was love there. GH just doesn't do those kind of layers anymore.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That's the problem. Any given character could drop off the map and in spite of what that character or actor's fans may think, the Port Charles world would keep chugging like that person never existed.

Actually, from what I've seen, fans seem to be lamenting that if their faves left, it wouldn't effect the show, and they act like this is something that this writing only applies to their faves. Makes me go, "are you watching the rest of the show . . . ?"

• Love 2

I'm hard pressed to think of any actual storylines that Jelly have done aside from the continuing attempts to redeem Franco. Franco is the only one with a consistent story that hasn't disappeared for weeks at a time. Hell, we've been lucky to get a day or two off from his hair and his creepiness and his whining and his hair.

For the most part, the show just seems to be a series of scenes with terrible pacing.  Not that I miss Sonny/Jason but what story have they had?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

"Is there hope?" And then cutting to Sonny and Carly. Yes, Sonny and Carly, a shining beacon of light amongst the darkness. Who makes these things? It makes me wonder if they actually remotely watch the show.

• Love 11

What a bizarre promo.

Are we supposed to find it sexy that Sonny makes a woman flinch/wince and then threatens to kill her?  I don't like that Olivia J. is so calm and unrattled by everyone but Sonny and Carly.  It's gross.

And while it's edited to make it look like she's talking about Olivia, who is Nora referring to?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

TBF, I don't think  Jelly have written "A storylines" for anyone except maybe Franco - and those have been uniformly terrible

Franco's "stories" are stories that Jelly used from other vets (Elizabeth, Jake, Sam, etc) to prop him up.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm hard pressed to think of any actual storylines that Jelly have done aside from the continuing attempts to redeem Franco. Franco is the only one with a consistent story that hasn't disappeared for weeks at a time, we've been lucky to get a day or two off.   For the most part, the show just seems to be a series of scenes with terrible pacing.  Not that I miss Sonny/Jason but what story have they had?

What stories has Franco had? "Trying to redeem him" isn't really a story. A story has a  beginning, middle, and end-badly written or not. The writers trying to paint Franco in a positive light or gain audience sympathy for him, isn't a story. I don't think *anyone* is getting that, from the bits and snippets I've seen.  Alexis is actually the only one that comes immediately to mind, who has in the last six months, had something resembling an actual story. And maybe Lulu/Dante with the baby stuff. Nelle's stupid revenge plot might count. Everyone else, it's just  been a series of events and  plot points. Franco putting someone in a cage, is not a story IMO. And I don't consider any pairings, or pursuit of those pairings, to be stories in and of themselves.

I don't care about Franco one way or the other-but if I have to put up with Tracy Quartermaine singing murdering Jason Morgan's praises, two or three people (Liz, Kiki, Jake) saying something good about Franco doesn't bother me. About 90% of the characters on this show are morally bankrupt. Franco is the rule these days, not the exception.

41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Actually, from what I've seen, fans seem to be lamenting that if their faves left, it wouldn't effect the show, and they act like this is something that this writing only applies to their faves. Makes me go, "are you watching the rest of the show . . . ?"

True for the most part,  but I've seen the opposite from time to time on Twitter, as if their fave leaving would devastate the ratings. And I'm thinking "um....no". The days for that are long past, if they ever existed.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And while it's edited to make it look like she's talking about Olivia, who is Nora referring to?

I can't figure that out, either. Some retconned connection between Olivia and Valentin, most likely. She supposedly has some information on Anna. Maybe it's whatever the deal is between Anna and Valentin, which: Pfft. And zzzz.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Franco putting someone in a cage, is not a story IMO.

Excellent example! That very act alone should have had considerable fallout for quite a while -- Franco questioning himself and his alleged redemption, Liz questioning Franco's suitability as a friend, or lover, Tom Baker going to the police, etc. It should have been a component of a larger story.  Instead it ended up as just a minor plot point because nothing really came of it. Tom Baker died and somebody found a photo album that proved he  was not redeemed. Then life went on. No ripples in the pond at all. I don't think real writers allow that to happen.

And, on an unrelated topic, my cable's preview guide says "Carly can't see past Sonny's betrayal" for today. Has anyone yet reminded her that what Sonny did wasn't very different from what she did with Sonny in the back of a car when she was with Jax? 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

What stories has Franco had?

I mean, I guess you could call this part of the show "trying to redeem him", but Franco's been the main character in several "I've been framed/falsely accused of a crime and have to prove my innocence!" stories that tend to be soap bread and butter the last few years - Carly's abduction at Heather's hands, the "Who Killed Silas" murder mystery that was Ron's swan song, the recent Tom Baker story, etc.

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't figure that out, either. Some retconned connection between Olivia and Valentin, most likely. She supposedly has some information on Anna. Maybe it's whatever the deal is between Anna and Valentin, which: Pfft. And zzzz.

And we're to believe Nora would be party to this? 

I still would like to know why she accepted this case.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I mean, I guess you could call this part of the show "trying to redeem him", but Franco's been the main character in several "I've been framed/falsely accused of a crime and have to prove my innocence!" stories

The story with Carly's kidnapping was several years ago, as was the Silas murder. I guess I just assumed we were talking about recently, and to me, the Tom Baker thing was again-more of a plot point than an actual story. I just don't see Franco as anything more than a supporting player, but a huge part of why I don't see him as anything but, is because the cast is so huge, IMO no one really gets any true, coherent focus. With a few exceptions, we don't get stories. We get snippets, plot points, events. It's also part of the reason why there's no emotional connecting. Just as soon as viewers start to care about what's going on-if they ever do-then, it's over.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I guess you could call this part of the show "trying to redeem him", but Franco's been the main character in several "I've been framed/falsely accused of a crime and have to prove my innocence!" stories that tend to be soap bread and butter the last few years - Carly's abduction at Heather's hands, the "Who Killed Silas" murder mystery that was Ron's swan song, the recent Tom Baker story, etc.

And the last two pearl clutchy "how could you possibly think Franco would serial kill/torture/kidnap/murder this person" stories - specifically, the hospital serial killer and the Tom Baker mess were placed within the larger "see, it's totes not creepy that Elizabeth is dating Franco while he obsesses over heals Jake" story while Franco also popped up repeatedly in Kiki's story and Scott's nearly nonexistent story

I'm not saying these are well-written, well-executed stories. I'm saying he has consistently been on my screen in front burner storylines that are not suffering from the same pacing issues that are afflicting every single other terrible 'story' that Jelly have crapped out

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, rur said:

Has anyone yet reminded her that what Sonny did wasn't very different from what she did with Sonny in the back of a car when she was with Jax? 

Carly and Jax were still married and together when she had Limo!Sex with Sonny. Carly and Sonny were estranged when he "slept" with Nelle. And it's the lie that bothers Carly much more than the hookup.

25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

And the last two pearl clutchy "how could you possibly think Franco would serial killer/torture/kidnap/murder this person" stories - specifically, the hospital serial killer and the Tom Baker mess were placed within the larger "see, it's totes not creepy that Elizabeth is dating Franco while he obsesses over heals Jake" story

I hate that the mere fact that he was blamed for that stuff is brushed aside. If he were a decent person to begin with, no one would think of him as a suspect. That is always conveniently ignored.

• Love 2

I'm saying he has consistently been on my screen in front burner storylines that are not suffering from the same pacing issues that are afflicting every single other terrible 'story' that Jelly have crapped out

Nah. There are no events, stories or otherwise, on this show, that don't suffer from Jelly's "pacing".

But this is getting off topic, so.

48 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

So Olivia was gleefully running around town plotting revenge , kidnapped/tied up 5(?!) people and almost blew up the hospital  but Sonny and Carly have her whimpering and crying? Ok. 

It's not only gross, it's painfully illogical and stupid. But that describes virtually everything going on in the show.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

So Olivia was gleefully running around town plotting revenge , kidnapped/tied up 5(?!) people and almost blew up the hospital  but Sonny and Carly have her whimpering and crying? Ok. 

One of the reasons I lost interest in this show are Sonny and Carly and everyone being afraid of the, ect.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 4