Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Kim tweeted that she'll be "visiting GH very soon."

What it should be for: Anna. Maxie's wedding.

What it will be for: Sabrina. Embryo. Jasus.

Me: GRRRRRR.

Oh, for fuck's sake. Sorry, Kim, I can't do it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

http://soapcentral.com/gh/content/scoop/spoilers/2016/160919.php

"The hospital receives a sizable donation from Sonny and Carly."

Untitled_zpsd944bf62.png

I really, really, REALLY hope Michael sees through this transparent effort to make him shut up and forget about his fighting with Carly.

Ugh, I just know Carly and Sonny's involvement in this story - given their roles as MURDERER and ACCOMPLICE AFTER THE FACT the last time someone Michael loved was killed - is going to drive me absolutely bonkers.

And I know SC was just rewriting the earlier spoiler, but...

Carly is confident that Sonny can restore order to Port Charles.

SHUT UP SHOW SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Where is this "faith" coming from, Sam, when Sonny is sitting in the courtroom, free as a bird, and no one even trying to put him in prison?  This show makes me sick.

I hope Julian gets off.

Aaaaand that's why the character of Sam is now a complete joke. All criminals need to pay, all criminals are sick freaks. Except for your murdering sick freak hubby and his murdering, sick freak bestie, right Sam? I haven't been able to take her seriously for years. 

• Love 8
On September 14, 2016 at 8:16 AM, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't understand why they can' t kill off someone like Sam or Liz. Soaps did it years ago and people tuned in and did not leave the show. Of course, nowadays, the actresses would just come back as new characters or it would be revealed their deaths had been faked. I know part of it is, the show has gotten death threats over almost getting rid of certain people, and the show is probably scared some loon would storm the studio. But the reality is simpler:they are just afraid to take risks, and in the process, all tension and stakes are absent from any story. Say what you will about Guza-when he killed someone off, he usually made it final. He never killed his precious ones, but he wasn't afraid to go there. If we could get his guts with someone who could tell emotional stories and didn't play favorites, I might watch again.

Most of the times Guza killed off a character (AJ, Georgie, even Emily) it ended up hurting the show, because not only did it not produce a good long term story, it eliminated the chance for future show runners to be able to use the character. Guza wasn't being brave, he just had no use for the characters only as far as Jason, Sonny or Luke. FV is as bad because he had both Duke and AJ and not only did he ruin Duke, he threw back both of the characters with both hands. Guza was probably one of the safest writers out there. He took zero risks with his favorite Jason, throwing ever other character under the bus for his story. Like RC and Jelly, Guza couldn't read a room.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Ambrosefolly, I do agree with some of your points. I just think the current regime, for various reasons, is worse than Guza.

Oh no doubt, but I believe it has to do with firing/not fighting for the backstage talent, the things that were actually working for the show. Kind of hard to believe just how much they were holding the show together. At least with Guza's Gh, from time to time, they would remember that people would react to stuff, like Monica reading Sonny for filth before tossing him out of her house after Emily was killed. Monica doesn't get to express his displeasure at Jason getting married at Sonny's house.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Spoilers for next week

Based on these photos, I think KeMo is lucky Sam is in a t-shirt and jeans most of the time.

What is FV doing with the money that's supposed to be spent on wardrobe and sets? 

That picture of "spicy, bad girl" Claudette sprawled on the bed with her high heels still on makes me irrationally angry. 

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, TeeVee329 said:

An enraging spoiler pic for next week...:

proxy.jpg?t=HBhcaHR0cDovL3R2c291cmNlbWFn

The fuckin' balls on Sonny, being at the Quartermaines.  Get your murdering ass out of Monica's house!

Where's Fluke, the Sonny hating murderer when we actually need him?  Traveling the world.  Sigh.  I can't believe I actually miss TG talking to himself and then talking to the camera.  The basement skeleton days were better than this.  I miss Fluke.  At least I could laugh at that.  I miss Faison too.   

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That picture of "spicy, bad girl" Claudette sprawled on the bed with her high heels still on makes me irrationally angry. 

I do love her face in the background of the shot at Kelly's, where Kiki is trying to stop Morgan from being a complete Morgan to someone.  Most of us look at Morgan like that, Claudette.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I do love her face in the background of the shot at Kelly's, where Kiki is trying to stop Morgan from being a complete Morgan to someone.  Most of us look at Morgan like that, Claudette.  

I don't think that's her. I think it's just some rando. She does have a great face there though.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The shoes are pretty great.

Agreed.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Claudette is dressed better than "fashionista" Maxie in those pics.  KSt looks terrible.  It's the styling and the hair.  I freaking love Claudette's dress and shoes in those pics.  Want.  Need.   Irrationally so.  They finally cut Matt Cohen's hair.  They still can't style more than one man at a time.  Wtf are Sonny and Griffin doing at Q Mansion?  Is Duke's Ghost sending condolences through his alleged son?  Or are these writers finally writing Griff as AJ's son like they should because MC looks so much like Stuart Damon in those pics... I really want something to fall on Sonny's head when he sets foot in the home of the man he murdered.  Is that too much to ask for? 

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:30 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Oh no doubt, but I believe it has to do with firing/not fighting for the backstage talent, the things that were actually working for the show. Kind of hard to believe just how much they were holding the show together. At least with Guza's Gh, from time to time, they would remember that people would react to stuff, like Monica reading Sonny for filth before tossing him out of her house after Emily was killed. Monica doesn't get to express his displeasure at Jason getting married at Sonny's house.

I'll never forget the time someone told me that Jill had to tell Guza to write something for Wally-and I think he gave him a few lines. LOL Oh, I have my problems with Guza for sure. He certainly ticked me off with the mobular worship. But yeah some characters also got a believable POV that they don't get now. I mean, Tracy or Monica *ever* not burning Sonny to the ground? Pul-eeze.

Or are these writers finally writing Griff as AJ's son like they should because MC looks so much like Stuart Damon in those pics

Yup, I said when I first saw Matt that he looked amazingly like a young SD, also like Kurt Robin McKinney, OG Ned. He could so pass for Alan's kid, and seeing as how Alan and Sonny have in common the trait that they couldn't/can't keep their trousers zipped, it's more than workably possible Griffin could be a Q, if they wanted to do it. If they aren't bringing Duke back, it would at least give him a strong tie to the canvas if they are intent on keeping him. No,  not everyone has to be related to someone, but generally, most people in soaps do have at least one family member around, and no, Annna doesn't count in that respect. They'd have to spice him up, though. The last time I watched back in July, Griffin was the mayor of Dullsville.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'll never forget the time someone told me that Jill had to tell Guza to write something for Wally-and I think he gave him a few lines. LOL Oh, I have my problems with Guza for sure. He certainly ticked me off with the mobular worship. But yeah some characters also got a believable POV that they don't get now. I mean, Tracy or Monica *ever* not burning Sonny to the ground? Pul-eeze.

Yup, I said when I first saw Matt that he looked amazingly like a young SD, also like Kurt Robin McKinney, OG Ned. He could so pass for Alan's kid, and seeing as how Alan and Sonny have in common the trait that they couldn't/can't keep their trousers zipped, it's more than workably possible Griffin could be a Q, if they wanted to do it. If they aren't bringing Duke back, it would at least give him a strong tie to the canvas if they are intent on keeping him. No,  not everyone has to be related to someone, but generally, most people in soaps do have at least one family member around, and no, Annna doesn't count in that respect. They'd have to spice him up, though. The last time I watched back in July, Griffin was the mayor of Dullsville.

It'd make more sense that "hot, spicy bad girl" Claudette wiped her life out online because she found out Griff was a Q and legit feared Tracy Quartermaine more than Claudette anything else.  I can buy any young woman fearing Tracy if she's dating her young male relative more than any Thornbirds whatever bullshit or that a human was fathered by a cat.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I'm calling it now, Morgan causes an accident which leads to Sam losing her baby.  Or he tries to help Sonny by killing Julian and Alexis is caught in the crossfire.

Just tell me Jason kills him.  Why?  Because I apparently want to watch the world burn.  And I want AJ brought up again.  If you mention his presence three times, he shows up like Beetlejuice.  They mentioned him twice.  We need one more mention.  I feel like Jason won't be kickstarted unless Miracle Baby gets slain by Morgan's bipolar disorder, which is All Ava's Fault because she stole Morgan's meds, ya'll.  And of course that leads into Recording That Will Never Die, where Show will magically pretend like Jason will just learn that Sonny murdered AJ and got pardoned for *reasons, Helena*.  Jason will be pissed and want revenge, which is Show's lazy way of explaining why BM looks like he wants to murder Mo and LW and well all his scene partners.  Michael will remember his anger at Sonny/Carly because #TeamJason ya'll and Sam will cry.  Eventually, Jason and Sonny and Carly will make up over Ava/Paul/Julian's dead body and team up to make fat jokes about AJ if SK or whatever recast if AJ should ever return unless BM really can never do scenes with Mo, in that case, lol lol lol.  I literally want SK for like a week as AJ just to see BM nice in scenes with him and mean to Mo because I am petty.  But, yeah, that's my guess.  And I think Claudette will give her unwanted mystery spawn- WDGAF to Nina because *reasons, Helena*

27 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I'm calling it now, Morgan causes an accident which leads to Sam losing her baby.  Or he tries to help Sonny by killing Julian and Alexis is caught in the crossfire.

I have a feeling this baby will not be a tock, but maybe Morgan will give her a scare.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This week's promo is all.  About.  Claudette.  Why?

Who gives a shit?! Who ARE these people?! This is how GH will go out: A sea of fucking useless noobs with the budget of a first-grade play. Pity.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Who gives a shit?! Who ARE these people?! This is how GH will go out: A sea of fucking useless noobs with the budget of a first-grade play. Pity.

That's how FV/RC killed OLTL. It drowned in a sea of Fords

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Clearly, ABC doesn't mind if Frank repeats that feat. Figures.

You know, I've never been one to believe in the conspiracy theories that Frons/Guza/Cartini/ABC is or was secretly trying to sabotage the show(s). I just figured they were that incompetent. "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity," right? But lately, I wonder if there isn't a deliberate attempt to completely bury this poor, rotting corpse of a soap.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

You know, I've never been one to believe in the conspiracy theories that Frons/Guza/Cartini/ABC is or was secretly trying to sabotage the show(s). I just figured they were that incompetent. "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity," right? But lately, I wonder if there isn't a deliberate attempt to completely bury this poor, rotting corpse of a soap.

What makes me believe the conspiracy theories now is ABC actually renewing all contracts: Frank, Jean, and Shelley, despite demos tying lows, etc. And most I read online seem very dissatisfied with the direction of the show. So why in the world would ABC keep these people?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

Tales from Bryan's snapchat: He taped Morgan at the floating rib with Nelle on Friday and today he taped in a car, so I guess Morgan AJs someone.

Which is ironic, because Morgan is very much an AJ himself. 

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

That's how FV/RC killed OLTL. It drowned in a sea of Fords

Enough people returned for the end that they offset the Fords for me, though.*

*Except Max. Because fuck Max, amirite? #stillbitter

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, UYI said:

Enough people returned for the end that they offset the Fords for me, though.*

*Except Max. Because fuck Max, amirite? #stillbitter

Yeah, but it felt like most of the fixes occurred after it was cancelled. Meanwhile, the Fords were swallowing the show up until that point.

• Love 2

I thought Ron did a decent job of wrapping things up for the online version of OLTL to take over. There were some very good episodes of OLTL in its final ABC days. When he had a specific focus—like an anniversary episode—I thought he was quite effective. I don't think Passanante and Altman have shown they can do anything similar, though, given how many obvious beats they consistently and continuously ignore. If GH does get canceled, I hope someone who really cares about its history is brought in/allowed to write the final eps.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Ron did a decent job of wrapping things up for the online version of OLTL to take over. There were some very good episodes of OLTL in its final ABC days. When he had a specific focus—like an anniversary episode—I thought he was quite effective. I don't think Passanante and Altman have shown they can do anything similar, though, given how many obvious beats they consistently and continuously ignore. If GH does get canceled, I hope someone who really cares about its history is brought in/allowed to write the final eps.

I think Ron and Frank had both some really wonderful and some really terrible episodes in OLTL's last year and final few months. I will never, ever forget Viki's televised speech about the nature of soap opera; that put onscreen stuff I've been saying for years, because of course this is all about me. But no, it always makes me cry. And whatever other flaws I thought the ABC finale served as a perfect sendoff: It was heartfelt, it largely gave us closure, but it also kept the families (Eddie Alderson crying when Matthew Buchanan welcomed his son killed me) and the story going, active, vital, strong - it didn't sort of put the town and its people to sleep like so many soap finales seem to do. This is a long-form narrative that many people follow their whole lives; I don't feel it's right for a soap opera with that kind of longevity to end with whole finality. I think there must always be a sense that the narrative keeps going somehow. I think full closure is a betrayal of the form and the long-term investment in a constant continuum. I think the sense of the always-ongoing story and community really comfort people. And on that score OLTL went on with a bang (and then came back pretty good and cliffhangered again).

Bringing it back to Passanante and Altman, what I meant to say before I got sidetracked was I thought their end of ATWT was shit. I thought it was completely unmemorable schlock and I have zero faith in their ability. They seem like distracted tourists at every show they have the center seat on.

I've said it before - I said it during the late Ron era - but that promo reminds me of the weirdness you see in, say, '91 with Monty. Why is there a promo all about Nathan and Bree Williamson? It's foreign to the show, all of this. It's alien. It seems completely removed from anything consequential to what people care about and watch the show for. At least Sonny and Carly have been there 20+ years. And yet, this is the same shit Frank or these writers pulled when they pushed other pointless faves and stories at OLTL, or ATWT - frontburner the Fords or Terri Conn (on both shows!), or Paul Ryan or Dusty or Julie Pinson for two years, then when you get axed just shrug your shoulders and say 'I dunno, we gave it our all, we did all we could.'

OLTL did give it their all many times, and the network did have it for them and they went out largely vital and strong despite some flaws. But they didn't help their ratings situation in the year or two prior by pushing shit like the Fords because FV was into it, and ATWT didn't help its situation because Passanante loved her unpopular favorites. And GH isn't helping its situation by once again pushing forth whatever Frank feels like when they know they are on thin ice.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, jsbt said:

OLTL did give it their all many times, and the network did have it for them and they went out largely vital and strong despite some flaws. But they didn't help their ratings situation in the year or two prior by pushing shit like the Fords because FV was into it, and ATWT didn't help its situation because Passanante loved her unpopular favorites. And GH isn't helping its situation by once again pushing forth whatever Frank feels like when they know they are on thin ice.

Maybe they figure they're on thin ice anyway so they might as well do whatever they want? It's odd.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why "whatever they want" is more boring than watching paint dry. Now is the time to take chances and try something new.

Because we can literally predict the entire plot without watching it and still aren't interested?  There's nothing- no story, no character, no particular performance, no eyecatching scenery, no romance- to hold the viewer's attention.  The show has literally become the gray sets that the penny pinching FV has traded the formerly beautiful sets for- it's bland, blah, dull.  As FV and Jelly trade away pieces of the show's history and heart like baseball cards so that they can do whatever it is they want, the show just becomes a blander shade of gray.  GH is essentially just a gray wall.

• Love 4