Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

WHY won't they allow Liz and Nik to redeem themselves by doing GOOD in present time? I'll never understand it. The decision to 1) Act like what Nik/Liz did was no biggie, and 2) Have their victims aka JaSam justify Nik/Liz makes absolutely no sense. 

• Love 9

Jason should just be happy he is still alive. He has killed so many for money, he should have some real payback. Sam did her share of dirt, so What goes around, comes around. This show has sooo many evils ,any payback is an oxymoron. For this I don't like or dislike Sam or Liz. This Jason ok for now . The other one I hated with the fire of a thousand suns . Nick I always liked. Making him do the nasty things he has is a real oxymoron.Why does every character have to be evil ? I guess its so the real mobsters and molls don't look soooo bad. Sorry anyone who does the things Carly did to AJ , or Scummy shooting people in cold blood or threatening others. Not working for me.The horse is dead, stop beating it.

• Love 4

Holy stupid...saw pictures on Twitter from the preempted episode that show Ava getting seated on an airplane...next to fucking Nikolas.  THIS is how he's trying to flee town after faking his death, on a commercial plane?!?!  What a MORON!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

WHY won't they allow Liz and Nik to redeem themselves by doing GOOD in present time? I'll never understand it. The decision to 1) Act like what Nik/Liz did was no biggie, and 2) Have their victims aka JaSam justify Nik/Liz makes absolutely no sense. 

I think they just don't know how to do that. Look at their big "redemption" moment for Dante, jumping in and saving Lulu from drowning and that was it. I feel like they just do not get it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Holy stupid...saw pictures on Twitter from the preempted episode that show Ava getting seated on an airplane...next to fucking Nikolas.  THIS is how he's trying to flee town after faking his death, on a commercial plane?!?!  What a MORON!

They looked pretty as hell though. But yeah, stupid af for Nik to fly commercial.

(edited)

I'm going to go with lazy.  Alexis, Nik's aunt and Sam's mother who has been apart of Nikolas's life since he got to Port Charles has barely even interacted with him since he's taken/lost ELQ, lied about Jason, etc. and that would be nice to see her reaction but that beat hasn't been played and probably never will. 

Edited by Bwill3133
Missing a word
  • Love 4

Everything I'm reading about Monday's episode enrages me.  It sounds like Lucas and Brad exchange vows literally at the same time Nathan leads the cops in searching Julian and Alexis' house.  WTF?!?!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Everything I'm reading about Monday's episode enrages me.  It sounds like Lucas and Brad exchange vows literally at the same time Nathan leads the cops in searching Julian and Alexis' house.  WTF?!?!

Well at least the wedding happens on camera. Which is more than I expected.

• Love 4

So, is that it for Naomi until the fall? Naomi is the new Parker. Not so much a character as a preview of one. "General Hospital: You just never know when we'll tell a story!"

I wonder if they used Naomi Judd as a template for her. Not that this Naomi is country in the least, but she's kind of hoity-toity and undermining, which is at least the public image of NJ, and she has two daughters. Whoops! Sorry to get ahead of the storytelling there.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

So, is that it for Naomi until the fall? Naomi is the new Parker. Not so much a character as a preview of one. "General Hospital: You just never know when we'll tell a story!"

I wonder if they used Naomi Judd as a template for her. Not that this Naomi is country in the least, but she's kind of hoity-toity and undermining, which is at least the public image of NJ, and she has two daughters. Whoops! Sorry to get ahead of the storytelling there.  

Well, you know, love can build a bridge.    Between Hayden and Liz.  Don't you think it's time?  

• Love 5
(edited)

You are in my head. I was dreaming up a sick-making Thanksgiving show montage set to that song. Liz and Naomi and all of Liz's kids are smiling adoringly as Franco carves a turkey, and then--dramatic late arrival!--Hayden! She said she wasn't going to show up, but she did! Liz smiles at her and makes a place for her at the table. Naomi permits herself a smile, like "My girls are getting along." Jarring dissolve to Sam and Jason having sex by candlelight. Then Griffin, doing priestly brooding by himself in the chapel. As the song continues, simultaneously, at the Quartermaines', Tracy, Ned, Michael, Sabrina, Sabrina's kid (in high chair), and the newly minted couple of Kiki and Dillon are laughing it up and eating pizza. The camera pans outside to show Morgan standing in the rain and watching through the window like a stalker. Is that rain on his face...or tears? This means he's missing out on the Corinthos family gathering, which consists of Sonny and Carly. Next-to-last shot of show: Carly spoon-feeding a delighted Avery. Last shot: Sonny beaming.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

You are in my head. I was dreaming up a sick-making Thanksgiving show montage set to that song. Liz and Naomi and all of Liz's kids are smiling adoringly as Franco carves a turkey, and then--dramatic late arrival!--Hayden! She said she wasn't going to show up, but she did! Liz smiles at her and makes a place for her at the table. Naomi permits herself a smile, like "My girls are getting along." Jarring dissolve to Sam and Jason having sex by candlelight. Then Griffin, doing priestly brooding by himself in the chapel. As the song continues, simultaneously, at the Quartermaines', Tracy, Ned, Michael, Sabrina, Sabrina's kid (in high chair), and the newly minted couple of Kiki and Dillon are laughing it up and eating pizza. The camera pans outside to show Morgan standing in the rain and watching through the window like a stalker. Is that rain on his face...or tears? This means he's missing out on the Corinthos family gathering, which consists of Sonny and Carly. Next-to-last shot of show: Carly spoon-feeding a delighted Avery. Last shot: Sonny beaming.  

Now you made me lose my breakfast. Sonny beaming yuck.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The Quartermaine part sounds good, at least.

• Love 4

I died laughing at Morgan watching outside in the rain with sads.  He looks at his phone to see if anyone has called, no one has called.  Pan to CorinthosGiving, someone asks where Morgan is. Carly says she doesn't know, but thinks he's with Kiki.  Sonny then says something bad about Ava, they forget about Morgan.  Pan back to sad Morgan in the rain.   Dr Andre comes magically from no where.  Morgan gets hopeful, but it's just to bring Monica a bottle of wine.  Morgan finds Roxy the lizard and thinks he has found a friend.  He smiles.  Roxy bites him on the nose.  Happy Thanksgiving.   Fade out.  

My God.  This show is so boring, look what we've stooped to.  I think I ship the Lizard/Morgan now.  

• Love 7

Did Jason ever redeem himself for being a huge factor in AJ being framed for drinking himself into a stupor when he was actually sober and genuinely trying, being hung up on a meathook until he agreed to having his son stolen from him?

This is anything but a Jason defense, but was Jason part of that story? If so, he was an offscreen presence...and I know that sometimes they did do that with both Jason and Emily, with one-way phone call scenes and mentions by other characters. Burton had been on the show briefly early that year (at the time of the Face of Deception war, near the end of Sarah Brown's run as Carly), but Jason did not return full time until May 2002. Sonny's principal onscreen stooge in the meat-hook caper was Zander.  

• Love 2

I'm not comparing Nik and Liz to other characters. I've hated Jason since 1999. It's not even completely about him or Sam to  me. It's about who Nik and Liz are. They're better than what the show presented them as. Actually, they were OOC, as far as I'm concerned. I would have liked to see them remorseful. That's all.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I think what I'm trying to say is that I've just learned to dumb down my GH watching expectations to cope with the madness . =)

Oh, I'm with you. I still can't drop my habit of bitching, though. That's my own coping mechanism. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sonoma said:

Did Jason ever redeem himself for being a huge factor in AJ being framed for drinking himself into a stupor when he was actually sober and genuinely trying, being hung up on a meathook until he agreed to having his son stolen from him? Among many of the criminal and crappy things Jason did to people under the guise of being a soap hero/leading man? Nope. Jason is still the greatest good of all good and everything he did, every lie he's told, every crime he's committed, and every person he's killed as part of his job is because he's the greatest good of all good. 

IMO no one needs to redeem themselves to Jason considering his past actions. He's the last one who should be passing judgment. And Sam is his biggest criminal enabler and apologist so she can suck it as well in regards to anyone having to redeem themselves to her. I appreciate that Jason and Sam are not acting like they are demanding redemption from Elizabeth and Nic. So bravo to the show for that much.

exactly I think the same way. Maybe  Dante and AJ should apologize to Sonny for getting in the way of the bullet he was firing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sonoma said:

Did Jason ever redeem himself for being a huge factor in AJ being framed for drinking himself into a stupor when he was actually sober and genuinely trying, being hung up on a meathook until he agreed to having his son stolen from him? Among many of the criminal and crappy things Jason did to people under the guise of being a soap hero/leading man? Nope. Jason is still the greatest good of all good and everything he did, every lie he's told, every crime he's committed, and every person he's killed as part of his job is because he's the greatest good of all good. 

IMO no one needs to redeem themselves to Jason considering his past actions. He's the last one who should be passing judgment. And Sam is his biggest criminal enabler and apologist so she can suck it as well in regards to anyone having to redeem themselves to her. I appreciate that Jason and Sam are not acting like they are demanding redemption from Elizabeth and Nic. So bravo to the show for that much.

I think he knew, but Zander was also somehow like bullied by Sonny into cooperating because he had to prove himself.   Zander told AJ that Sonny was serious.   I think Jason's reaction was being mad that Sonny involved Zander.  So, yeah, Jason has a lot to apologize to his dead (or if you believe "dead") brother for.  Like introducing Sonny and Carly in the first damn place and then just go from there.  Jason needs to go on an Apology Tour, not an "Oh, I Touched That, Mah Memories Tour".  No one cares about your damn hitman memories of stealing a child and going to Florida, talking down a serial killer from offing himself, and coming home to cook a meal.  We want apologies.   For all.  God.  I really am sick of this show being all "Omg Jason remembers something! "  And it's Jason remembers that he likes ketchup.  

• Love 3

The new promo:

"Three summer mysteries."  Um, I count one.  Sam and Jason's investigation/Nikolas not being dead isn't a mystery.  Ditto whatever's going on with Julian and Alexis.  Jessica Fletcher would not approve of these classifications.

On the bright side, not one lick of Sonny and Carly in there.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The new promo:

"There's still a murderer wandering the halls of #GH."

Yeah, we know Sonny shows up there often.  So what else is happening on the show?

• Love 23

The new team of Morgan and Lizard will solve the Hospital Murder Mystery.   Instead of buying rugs for BC's hair, they'll just stick the Lizard there.  Together, they'll find the killer when Morgan can't decide between cheetos and funjuns  the vending machine.  Lizard bites him when she sees the killer in action.  They hop to it.  

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

"There's still a murderer wandering the halls of #GH."

Yeah, we know Sonny shows up there often.  So what else is happening on the show?

Not to mention Franco—who works there!—and, on occasion, Jason.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
On June 10, 2016 at 1:28 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe Anna decides to buy a plane ticket and joins Emma at the last minute. Visiting Robin and Patrick in CA is a natural exit for the summer. So I bet this show won't do that.

SID apparently says Anna leaves July 8th to visit Scrubs/Emma. Good job, show.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

SID apparently says Anna leaves July 8th to visit Scrubs/Emma. Good job, show.

Seriously, way to pick the smart, simple option for a change.

It is a little weird, though, they've been ramping up these possible pairings with Andre and Paul the last few episodes.

• Love 4

Oh hell naw.  He could be anyone but that.  No Corinthos, Hayden, nor Tree relatives.  

Maybe Stephen Lars. We are doing an organ stealing story.  Now is the time to spring the guy who pretty much knows about it.   He's not orange, so he'll do.  Heh, I'd love to see a for real wtf reaction from Stephen Lars Webber about the following:

- Liz dating Franco, Olivia having another mob baby, Sonny murdering AJ (because SLW revived him), Sabrina the Pony Princess, Jason V. 2.0, Det Talking Tree, Drug Addict Lizard King Dr Finn, and Dr Terrorist.   

Never thought I'd  want Stephen Lars back, but eh wth. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So, James Patrick Stewart has been cast, according to SOD.  New Lucky?  They didn't say his role, but that he's taping already.  

He played Dixie's brother Will, who raped Gloria and was murdered in 1992 by Janet. Lucky was brought on as an 11 year old boy on GH a year later.

Wouldn't work.

• Love 3

He's a busy actor and very handsome or talented, but no, I'd never mistake him for being JJ or Greg Vaughan's age. He's been playing the dad to twentysomethings for years on primetime. My real question is where FV is finding the money to keep hiring busy character actors like him and Richard Burgi.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So, James Patrick Stewart has been cast, according to SOD.  New Lucky?  They didn't say his role, but that he's taping already.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Looked him up on IMDb, he seems too old to be Lucky.

He better not be Rebecca Budig's stupid dad.

16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

...James Patrick Stuart is almost 50 years old and was playing Will Cortlandt on AMC in the early '90s.

I'm convinced that he's Anna's new love interest.

He'll start off a real baddie, shoot someone who trusts him point blank and dump him into the harbor with a smirk.

Then he'll sneer once or twice at Anna while engrossed in an entirely different story.

Then May 2017, he'll declare his love for Anna just before Finola goes on a 2+ month summer vacation.

I've been there, done that, twice now.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

He's a busy actor and very handsome or talented, but no, I'd never mistake him for being JJ or Greg Vaughan's age. He's been playing the dad to twentysomethings for years on primetime. My real question is where FV is finding the money to keep hiring busy character actors like him and Richard Burgi.

He's old enough to be Stephen Lars, who was last played by Scott Reeves.  As GH is doing an organ story and Liz is taking up with Franco, she and GH kinda need him.  He does kinda look like a scruffy non orange Scott Reeves.  

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't Hayden's father in jail for a bazillion years? Unless the governor pardons him, I don't see him getting out any time soon.

He'll probably fix the governor's daughter's hangnail or something.

• Love 5

*shrug* Him weaseling his way out of jail a la old Jack McKay wouldn't be that crazy a stretch for this show. 

I just don't buy this guy being connected to anyone of import.  He'll be Rebecca Budig's dad, or Claudette's sugar daddy, or Huxley's brother.  He definitely won't be Steven Lars.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

My real question is where FV is finding the money to keep hiring busy character actors like him and Richard Burgi.

And why are they taking the job lol? I guess any paycheck is a good thing but like these guys are way too good for this shit.

Yea, new guy is def gonna be some new, pointless character's newer, more pointless relative. Maybe he's Nathan's super evil dad. 

• Love 4