Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I've sat through so much of this show's BS, but the one thing I'll really have no patience for is any destruction of Jason/Robin. So whenever Jason remembers everything, I'm gonna need him to remember Robin. I'd hope that's what Ron is postponing all this for and not just because he loves writing years-long stories for shits and giggles.

• Love 2

Not to rain on the parade, but I'm not sure I buy Luke accidentally killing his mom as the big Fluke reveal.  How would Pat play into that?

Maybe she helped Luke cover it up? Or told Luke it was "appendicitis".

That said it could be wrong but I can see a lot of ways Pat might factor into this. Plus she doesn't even need to be involved really, just the witness.

• Love 1

Not to rain on the parade, but I'm not sure I buy Luke accidentally killing his mom as the big Fluke reveal.

No, no, no.  I know history is being written every 30 second for this show, especially Spencer family history, but no.  Why am I so passionate about this, well, I really liked the scene between Luke & Laura when Luke told her how his mother had died and I'd hate it to not be true.   *stamps foot*

• Love 2

Maybe she helped Luke cover it up? Or told Luke it was "appendicitis".

That said it could be wrong but I can see a lot of ways Pat might factor into this. Plus she doesn't even need to be involved really, just the witness.

I guess.  But if Pat helped cover for Luke or helped hide the truth from him, I dunno why she would estrange herself so drastically from him or why she didn't try to take care of Bobbie.

To be honest, now that I've taken a shine to Valerie, I'm actually more interested in the Pat angle than anything else.

• Love 3

This reeks of nope. I have my Grumpy Cat face on and I am not buying that we sat through all this bullshit just because Luke accidentally killed his mom. No way. He for real raped Laura and for real hit Lucky's adopted son with not a fuck to be given. If that's it, then this is not the man who gave us FonDuke and we haven't been watching the man who rocked a perm most of this collective board's lives. Quote Ren & Stimpy "No sir, I don't like it. "

• Love 5

I remember Ruby saying that Luke was 10 and Bobbie was 6.  Pat was a complete non-entity. 

If I recall reading someplace, Pat was mentioned prior, but only once or twice during the mid to late '70s, so in this one case, it appears that RC and his crew are going back to original canon and the omission of Pat was the actual retcon.

• Love 1

Not to rain on the parade, but I'm not sure I buy Luke accidentally killing his mom as the big Fluke reveal.  How would Pat play into that?

And if so, then WHAT was in the basement besides Geary's talent?  

Oh, wait, my apologies, that little item is in the toilet, not the basement.

• Love 6

And if so, then WHAT was in the basement besides Geary's talent?  

Oh, wait, my apologies, that little item is in the toilet, not the basement.

Maybe Mrs. Spencer's remains are propped up in a rocking chair a la Norman Bates' mom in Psycho and once Fluke is doing being sister Pat, he can become his mother next. Yes, I know. Don't given Ron ideas. I already hate myself.

• Love 2

If I recall reading someplace, Pat was mentioned prior, but only once or twice during the mid to late '70s, so in this one case, it appears that RC and his crew are going back to original canon and the omission of Pat was the actual retcon.

Yeah, but I dunno, if it's dropped for that long and she was only mentioned twice, I don't know if it can really be called original canon. the writers back then dropped it on purpose. But I guess it's not the most egregious retcon ever, even if it never had been mentioned before.

Yeah, but I dunno, if it's dropped for that long and she was only mentioned twice, I don't know if it can really be called original canon. the writers back then dropped it on purpose. But I guess it's not the most egregious retcon ever, even if it never had been mentioned before.

I see your point, but even if not seen, it was another member mentioned, so I'd think with another person in the mix, it would be canon? Eh, whatever. :-) This regime will do as it pleases, canon or not.

• Love 1

Well, like I said, not the worst retcon ever even if they just pulled Pat out of their buts right now. Nikolas back in 1996 was probably a bigger one, for instance.

• Love 2

Well, like I said, not the worst retcon ever even if they just pulled Pat out of their buts right now. Nikolas back in 1996 was probably a bigger one, for instance.

Worst retcon ever? Retconia McBain comes to mind. That's just recent. I'm not even trying. Helena has a daughter that's all in white. Luke and Holly have a kid named Ethan. We can keep this going.

• Love 1

I need this Jakeson reveal to happen soon. 

Ugh to SamTrick moving in together.  It's way too soon for that....oh wait I forgot, they are deeply in love after a few months together.  Please.   Again, just poor pacing to amp up the "drama" when Jake is revealed.  It's not necessary.  I think Sam and Patrick could be married for 40 years, have grandchildren and great grandhildren, and even THEN Sam would still choose Jason over Patrick. 

• Love 8

They probably just want to raze another set.  Patrick and Emma will move into Sam's doom and gloom penthouse.

ETA...you know, obviously this is tough on soaps with their budgets, but wouldn't you think that both Sam and Patrick, if they wanted to move in together, would want a new place that they didn't share with their dead husband/former wife?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Yes, yes I would. But more important to me is if Patrick has a conversation with Emma about another woman and her child moving in. Which he won't. 'Cause Emma is all sparkly just like her daddy!

• Love 1

I guess I'm skeptical because Luke accidentally killing his mom is...not gross enough for Ron, you know?  

No I don't know, but I've learned that you do, so in learning my lesson I bow to your great knowledge of Ron and agree with you:)

This story seems fishy.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

ETA...you know, obviously this is tough on soaps with their budgets, but wouldn't you think that both Sam and Patrick, if they wanted to move in together, would want a new place that they didn't share with their dead husband/former wife?

They can move into a suite at the Metro Court!

• Love 2

They probably just want to raze another set. Patrick and Emma will move into Sam's doom and gloom penthouse.

GH's sets are just embarrassing at this point. They're almost all gray, they keep shrinking, and there at fewer and fewer of them. They finally built that new Brownstone set and haven't used in since Nov.

I'm not sure how the budget is set up so maybe this isn't plausible, but I say fire Michelle and Michael* and use that money to built or hell keep some sets!

*I've already allocated Roger's salary for Genie.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

The way the sets keep shrinking as the budget does, soon the cast will be "Living in a VAN down by the (Port Charles) RIVER!" Too bad Chris Farley's Matt Foley can't do a cameo...unless old SNL footage can be spliced.

• Love 4

The brownstone only existed as a contrivance to restart Morgan/Kiki.  Mission accomplished, so Ron probably won't mention it again.

Never mind it could solve the housing problem.  You create a generic "brownstone apartment" set that can be redressed for different residents.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Even if they only wanted to keep the living room/dining area of the new brownstone as they only set that they show, they could still pull that off by showing everyone coming and going and acting like they live there. 

Or, again, just put everyone in the MetroCourt. Some hotels in major cities are in buildings with apartments as well. They could be in the same building but have apartments and not just rooms. I am thinking about this way too much. 

• Love 2

They could put plenty of people in the new brownstone like they used to with the old one - I was all for it coming back for exactly that reason, plus the history involved. But it was clearly only a device for Morgan and Kiki, and they've now lost interest in both with Kristen gone. And the current brownstone set is basically a bunch of knick-knacks and random pieces of other sets slapped together, when it would not be hard to at least vaguely reassemble it the way it was. It's not gonna bust the budget. That whole bar by the new front door still doesn't make any damn sense. It's a puzzle palace!

The Metro Court is death for everyone. That's what they did on GL right before it went totally Peapack, threw everyone in that one hotel and then had them all talk about "going to [so and so's] place." It's not your place! It's your room! They did it on Search for Tomorrow too, had everyone move into a big hotel after a flood wiped out the town and it got cancelled within the year. Anna has been the Commissioner of Police and a federal agent over the course of 3+ years and she's still living in a fucking hotel suite with the complimentary teas and coffees in the back of the living room. It's a disgrace. No one else with real roots should be living in that place and she should have moved out long ago.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

GH's sets are just embarrassing at this point. They're almost all gray, they keep shrinking, and there at fewer and fewer of them. They finally built that new Brownstone set and haven't used in since Nov.

I'm not sure how the budget is set up so maybe this isn't plausible, but I say fire Michelle and Michael* and use that money to built or hell keep some sets!

*I've already allocated Roger's salary for Genie.

If any expensive actor is fired their salary will go to pay for 3 more newbies.

• Love 3

We need more doctors. I'd rather see three cheaper actors playing characters we need like doctors or Lucky. After TG retires - UO- I'm not sure I want Ron's pen on Genie. I'd rather her keep her dignity intact and not be doing any ear biting or shoe horned into any shitty vet plots. Laura's not going to get the Anna treatment (which isn't that great). I'd rather have Lucky there ft and see Laura visit sporadically for various reasons. Lucky Spencer is hole that needs to be filled. Also, doctors on a show called General Hospital. Stephen Lars, especially so Liz doesn't have to run to stupid Nik everyday and talk/flirt and Sarah. Also, Dillion Quartermaine because though he's not a doctor, we need more Quartermaines, and Micheal needs friends/family besides a baby and a nanny to talk to. So I say let Roger, MSt go and then TG retires. Get a Stephen Lars, Lucky, and Dillion. Kill off Kiki. Fire Rosalie (actress is too old looking for the part) , recast Serena. Send the kids to boarding school. Emma goes off with Robin after they reveal Jason. Patrick dies in mob gunfire. Duke dies (they need ratings deaths, plus Emmy fodder for Finola.) Decide what to do with Shawn, Jordan, TJ, Ric, Molly.

• Love 1

I don't want Patrick to die 'cause I don't have time for the mourning, but has this dude EVER been physically hurt? The last time I remember is on Night Shift.

Does illness or surgery count? Otherwise, no.

Edited by ulkis

She looks too young to be a doctor, maybe an intern.

Actress is 27 so she could play a doctor. It'd be nice to add a character in their 20s without a baby. Does GH have any of those right now? 

Edited by Oracle42

K, he's due for a gunshot wound or a kick in the dick.

Only if he dies. The Samtrick crap is a waste. Does ANYONE doubt the outcome here? And Patrick is just superfluous now. And this comes from a once huge Scrubs fan. But Ron really dicked JT and his character over, and the horrible construct of Robin's fate has just made this all unpalatable.

And it's not just Patrick vis a vis Robin: Anna, Maxie, even Mac, etc. Everyone looks awful.

• Love 5

I don't want Patrick to die 'cause I don't have time for the mourning, but has this dude EVER been physically hurt? The last time I remember is on Night Shift.

This is legit the funniest thing I've ever read about a character, hands down. What if they piggy backed some Jakeson memories of Sam to it and had Sam be familiar to Jake before and after the death and, like, extra doucheyed Patrick? Because you know once Jason is "revealed", Patrick will be ghosted.

• Love 1