Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I wish we had bumpers like for characters like that other ABC soap had.

All the ABC soaps had character bumpers; I think they stopped so the network could have more ad time and make more money.

• Love 2

I'd like one now with Duke and his tea set, Anna and her fierce hair, Nathan..... being a tree. Billy Miller being hot. Micheal Quartermaine in a suit. But you know they'd play poor SK's AJ Quartermaine with a drink in one hand and a cupcake in the other.

I could almost overlook that if I got a Morgan bumper of him trying to do math or Kiki trying and failing to make instant oatmeal.

• Love 1

I guess the following is "spoilerish" because it's related to Friday night's Sneak Peek for GH this week, so here goes.

Because this Canadian fan hasn't been able to see the Sneak Peek clips, I'm very curious about the one with Valerie/Rocco and Lulu. Yes, I'm interested in the characters, but it's more than that. I'm bemused by the WILDLY different interpretations of this clip and I can't wait to see for myself. Comments have ranged from Valerie being good with Rocco and appearing "sympathetic" to Valerie being "stalkerish" - enough so that some Lante fans are no longer worried about her as an interloper. LOL- I figure both of these can't be right, so I'll have my popcorn ready for today's show.

I'm curious to hear what you think because I did not get "stalkerish" from that clip of Valerie playing/talking with Rocco.  I didn't really think much about the clip until Lulu burst in looking like a lunatic.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck

I'm curious to hear what you think because I did not get "stalkerish" from that clip of Valerie playing/talking with Rocco.  I didn't really think much about the clip until Lulu bust in looking like a lunatic.

I'll let you know - I'll reply to this post so my answer doesn't get lost. 

All the ABC soaps had character bumpers; I think they stopped so the network could have more ad time and make more money.

We used to get a "Previously, on General Hospital..." before each ep, too, and that was ditched for commercial time. I think each "hour" episode is only about 37 minutes of actual show. I wonder how long it will take before it's a half hour or less.

I'm curious to hear what you think because I did not get "stalkerish" from that clip of Valerie playing/talking with Rocco.  I didn't really think much about the clip until Lulu burst in looking like a lunatic.

Back again with my answer.  Whoever thought there was a "stalkerish" element to those scenes was smoking some really funny stuff.  Nothing like that at all.  Dante and Valerie were both given really good POV in well-written scenes.  And then, with Rocco, Valerie was nice - gentle - nothing unusual at all.

Yes - what I saw on the sneak peak started with Valerie telling Rocco that his name was kick-ass and ended with Lulu busting in demanding to know what was going on.  I didn't get how Valerie telling Rocco that he has a great dad and how she didn't have one growing up could come across as "stalkerish" but I guess people are coming from different points of view when watching.

• Love 2

Ugh, it's my least favorite soap cliché - the misinterpreting of an innocent hug by a jealous partner.  Booo.

Especially because what reason in the world would Lulu have to think it was anything but innocent?* Does she share Morgan's olfactory senses?

*I know, the same reason Patrick thinks Robin is merely hiding away in Paris: only the basement exploded. 

• Love 2

Especially because what reason in the world would Lulu have to think it was anything but innocent?

Lulu: How DARE you comfort my cousin who's dealing with the death of her mother!  All of your sympathy must be reserved for my father, the REAL victim here!

Because yeah, that's clearly not a sexay hug of any kind.  Get a grip, Lulu.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I can't bring it in me to blame Lulu for stupid cliche writing. There's the Lulu kind of irrationality (being mad at Valerie for wanting to kill Luke) and then there's the dumb "I catch my husband of three years hugging someone it must be suspicious" bad-writing-irrationality.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I'm annoyed Ron still falls back on those stupid clichés. He wouldn't know an original idea if wrote itself into a script.

I'm not even annoyed. I'm glad for DZ (in a vague, "well at least someone is happy" way, heh) because they haven't had a storyline in a while, but I knew it would be cliche-ridden, I can't bring myself to be annoyed.

At the very least, can the word "Stavros" now not ever again be mentioned in conjunction with Dante and Lulu, since they are looking to have regular-cliche-soap angst? No? Damn it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

To any Daredevil viewers who also may read here: Can we have Franco, Sonny, Carly, and Kiki meet one Mr. Wilson Fisk? Please, can we, huh?

A crimelord who is legitimately terrifying? Can't have that on GH!

Although reading today's posts I sit there going 'Where's Matt Murdock when you need him?' 

• Love 1

Lulu: How DARE you comfort my cousin who's dealing with the death of her mother!  All of your sympathy must be reserved for my father, the REAL victim here!

Because yeah, that's clearly not a sexay hug of any kind.  Get a grip, Lulu.

And it's so déjà vu - shades of Lulu walking in and seeing Dante comforting Brenda in the same place.  Only with Brenda, by that time in the story, there was a lot more reason for Lulu to have doubts than there is right now. 

Edited by Aurora2

Maybe if RC got rid of a few of the worst stoylines (10 year old soulmates, Ava's cancer, Silas/Nina/Franco doing anything other than dying) he'd have enough time to develop and pace the other stories 

• Love 4

I'm just glad that ring will be found quickly.  I wouldn't be able to take weeks of near misses.  But I wonder what the explanation will be for it, and how much stupider these people can look until they put 2 and 2 together.

• Love 2

I'm just glad that ring will be found quickly. I wouldn't be able to take weeks of near misses. But I wonder what the explanation will be for it, and how much stupider these people can look until they put 2 and 2 together.

I see it going 2 ways...

1. Emma somehow overhears Sam talking with Patrick or whoever about the ring. She tells them Spencer gave it to her. Sam has a personal convo with Spencer (because more Spencer scenes!). He tells her he found it in Nik's vault. Nik makes up some excuse that no one will investigate further.

2. Patrick will say Victor must have given it to Robin as proof and Robin dropped it before she left. Then he'll go into some monologue about her Paris bed.

• Love 1

I'm shocked Sam sees it and knows it's Jason's ring. Sam actually uses her brain. And look at Carly busting Ric? My my, can Caroline please sleuth her dumb son who's drugging decent son? Because that's the promo I want.

Not gonna lie though, when I saw Sam go "It's Jason's ring!" then they cut to fine ass BillyMiller. .. i squeed. Don't judge me. Dammit. I'm feeling the KeMo /Billy Miller chemistry. It's so magical. Squee!

• Love 3

-Liz finds out that Jake is Jason at the NB, but keeps it to herself because she wants her chance with him.

-Brad/Lucas and Sam/Patrick get married

-Sam finds out Jake is Jason in November

-More Nik/Hayden on the horizon

-Dante/Valerie get clooooser

And my favorite rumor of the bunch: KMc was gonna come back but Billy Miller didn't want her to? Or some nonsense like that?

Twitter is special. Obvs none of this is confirmed, but it's been floating.

And my favorite rumor of the bunch: KMc was gonna come back but Billy Miller didn't want her to? Or some nonsense like that?

I can smell the bullshit with this one through the monitor. No way would Miller have the clout to do that, long history acting in soaps or not. He's just one of a bunch of small fishies on GH.

But if it was ever true, I'd boot his ass for KMc in a heartbeat. She has the history. He doesn't.

But again, since it's crap, whatever. So I'm taking the rest with a lear jet full of salt.

• Love 1

-Liz finds out that Jake is Jason at the NB, but keeps it to herself because she wants her chance with him.

Wow…

Sam finds out Jake is Jason in November

This is actually where the reveal should take place. It should be a November sweeps story but the pacing is so terrible that I just want it to be over.

I read that rumor about Brad and Lucas getting married too.  I doubt it's true, but if it is, what a mistake.  It's WAY too soon for that.  Hell, it was way too soon when Days married Will and Sonny (had to plant that flag, huh, Days?), but at least that relationship played out in actual, on-screen story for over a year before it happened.

• Love 3

That Kim/Billy rumor is from Trixie from soaptown. her spoilers are accurate a lot of the time but her backstage stuff is bullshit. She said that the network didn't want Ric and Liz cause reHe was too old for BH. lol okay.

That Kim/Billy rumor is from Trixie from soaptown. her spoilers are accurate a lot of the time but her backstage stuff is bullshit. She said that the network didn't want Ric and Liz cause reHe was too old for BH. lol okay.

There have been a lot of negative Billy rumors since he arrived, it's ridic. And almost agenda-like.

• Love 7

If the reveal is in November, it's going to be a v-e-r-y long summer and fall. The beats are being played out so wrong. Ugh.

I hope that's not true. 8 more months of Sam talking about Jakeson? I can't. I cannot.

• Love 2

I guess AmFAR isn't sponsoring this year? I can't see them knowingly signing off on a shoot-out occurring at an AIDS benefit.

Why not?  The last ball they sponsored had the reveal that the widow of a HIV-positive woman had unprotected sex with a woman he just started dating

• Love 1

Why not?  The last ball they sponsored had the reveal that the widow of a HIV-positive woman had unprotected sex with a woman he just started dating

Didn't AmFAR sponsor the last two? I don't remember this happening at either one.

All I remember about '13 is Brenda throwing dinner rolls at Carly, and Chad Duell looking horrified during his striptease. All I remember about '14 is Pip stomping on Mr. Marbles, and everyone singing that stupid song to Sabrina's baby.

Didn't AmFAR sponsor the last two? I don't remember this happening at either one.

All I remember about '13 is Brenda throwing dinner rolls at Carly, and Chad Duell looking horrified during his striptease. All I remember about '14 is Pip stomping on Mr. Marbles, and everyone singing that stupid song to Sabrina's baby.

I think Yoplait sponsored the last  one.  '13, the one Amfar sponsored, had Britt revealing she was pregnant and Patrick acknowledging they had unprotected sex