Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Warning Shot

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I did not understand the explanation of how the thief got hired by the NSA using a phony identity. When Weller asked how she got that past the NSA, Patterson said, well she was the personnel director. That doesn't make sense.

Edited by david gideon
  • Love 2
(edited)

First, David, I'm in total agreeance with you.  How do you filter a hiree, if you are the person hiring yourself? huh-wait a minute,  So who hired her then, God or the director? 

What the hey, did Nas say at the end that .....

Spoiler

Roman is Avery's father or what????  

Edited by pwdrpuff
28 minutes ago, pwdrpuff said:

What the hey, did Nas say at the end that .....SPOILER!!!!

Click on the lightning bolt icon above the comment box to hide your spoiler, though I don't think it's a spoiler since we're in the episode thread for it and you're speculating. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that's what Nas meant! But... that can't be it, right?! Their upbringing was definitely messed up but was it that messed up? Who has Nas sent their way who may be Avery's birth father?

I wasn't expecting to learn that Reade's girlfriend was illegal, and that's why they were concerned about her being on the front page (and why Reade was meeting with that guy).

I can't tell if we're supposed to believe that Roman's starting to fall for that woman or if it's still an act. I'm leaning toward acting. I wonder what the kidnapping was about; it didn't seem to be a part of his plan.

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying Rich. It was nice to see Nas again, too. But what the heck is Project Dragonfly and how will it destroy Zapata's standing with the team?

6 hours ago, paigow said:

The "Dark Web" finances this big party?  They have a social committee for cyber criminals?

Isn't the whole point of the Dark Web that each point is isolated and protected so it makes it harder for law enforcement to track illegal activities. Seems like you undermine that when you have an annual hackers ball.

This show seems to think every teenager is petulant, surly, and mouthy. That dumb teen was quaking when he heard about terrorists. What a toddler.

11 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

I wasn't expecting to learn that Reade's girlfriend was illegal, and that's why they were concerned about her being on the front page (and why Reade was meeting with that guy).

There are number of very high profile undocumented immigrants who engage in immigration advocacy like Jose Antonio Vargas (Pultizer Prize winning journalist), Alfredo Quinones Hinojosa (a neurosurgeon who came to the US as an undocumented migrant worker), Sergio Garcia (CA undocumented lawyer), and Cesar Vargas (NY first undocumented lawyer). In fact, I think Meg being more high profile might decrease the likelihood that she'd get deported.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

I wasn't expecting to learn that Reade's girlfriend was illegal, and that's why they were concerned about her being on the front page

I figure this story line was added to keep this show current with all the political goings on. That Reade tried to use his job to help her only makes him like, well, everyone everywhere who has an important job, from manager of the local Burger King all the way up to the White House. That's just the way it is.

When the woman was kidnapped at the end, that was the perfect set up for a cross over with Taken, coming on next. Brian would have rescued her, killed the kidnappers and given her back to Roman. Case solved.

I'm not interested in the how-to-work-with-teens aspect this show took on this week. Yeah, skanky looking teen boys are all hackers and daughters are all surly snots who know more than their mothers. *sigh*

• Love 1

With respect to the Dark Web, there parties really don't seem that different from most other parties.  Even armed men showing up wasn't enough to liven up the joint that much!  I bet it would have been way more fun if Rich planned it!

Fun to see Nas again, even if any scene with Weller reminded of that hook-up I'd like to forget about.  I wonder if she'll be back since they seem to be hinting that Zapata and her have some kind of thing going on that involves something called "Project Dragonfly", which, if exposed, will make Zapata a pariah amongst the team.  Hmm...

So, Meg is in the country illegally?  And now Reade's proposed to her.  She is so not making it out of this season alive, right?

I have a really, really bad feeling about who is going to end up being Avery's father.

Really hope Roman's jealously was an act, because it being legit doesn't fit in with the character at all.

• Love 1
(edited)

That was really good. I loved that Rich really managed to get his nails done for the party LOL! Rich and Nas in the same episode was great - I almost forgot about the plot hole how Delilah managed to get hired by the NSA. 

I really hope Roman is still on his con-game and not about to fall for generic blonde. But him getting rattled at the end because for once he wasn't the one pulling the strings was interesting.

I'm confused about Avery's father. Jane does know him - so that rules out all the perps team tattoo took down when she was working with them. I was at first thinking it could be Crawford but no way Jane would not have brought that up once he entered the picture.  And IIRC he must be about Jane's age. 

ETA: "Lady Dour of Dour-ton Abbey" - had me in stitches. And Jamie Alexander was really channeling Michelle Dockery/Lady Mary in that scene. The Mary Poppins shout-out and Gwendolyn Tuffington Havershire were also great. Rich definitely gets the best lines.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 3

I’m leaning more towards Roman falling in love with Crawford’s daughter. He has never experienced love or someone loving him, and I’m sure these feelings are new and he doesn’t know what to do with them. I’m a sucker for storylines like this, and she seems like a genuinely nice person who will probably die by the end of this season and cause Roman to lose his shit (more than he has now). He seemed panicked when the kidnappers took her and I’ve never seen him like that.

It was nice to see Nas again. Her flipping over the table to take the gunman out was nice. I’m wondering what shady stuff Zapata did at the CIA.

I like Meg and don’t want her to get hurt if the whole Zapata loves Reade bit comes out. I hope she doesn’t die but things aren’t looking so hot for her right now. 

4 hours ago, twoods said:

Her flipping over the table to take the gunman out was nice.

That was fun, but my pet peeve is always with stupid criminals.  Why did he have to walk right up to her to kill her?  The pistol didn't have enough range to reach across the room?

• Love 1

I’m leaning more towards Roman falling in love with Crawford’s daughter. He has never experienced love or someone loving him,

Wasn't there someone else?  I thought there was some woman in a bar that he had worked with during his days with Shepard.  When  he saw her post-memory wipe, she punched him or tried to kill him or something for leaving without saying good bye.  I thought we saw flashbacks of them happy and in love.  I could be wrong though and maybe it was an act on his part.

• Love 1
(edited)

I rolled my eyes so hard at Reade's girlfriend being an illegal immigrant.  I did not need politics injected into this show.  I expect it with preachy shows like "Designated Survivor" but not this one.  And this is yet another reason why it is beyond belief that Reade is the Assistant Director of the FBI.  All the issues from his personal life with the coach rape thing, working with Mary Stuart Masterson, and now this.  How did he pass a character and fitness test?

Surprised at how much I am loving Rich dot com this year considering how annoyed I was by him in the past.  "Lady Dour of Dourton Abbey"... too funny.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2018 at 11:28 PM, omgsowicked said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that's what Nas meant! But... that can't be it, right?! Their upbringing was definitely messed up but was it that messed up? Who has Nas sent their way who may be Avery's birth father?

How would it even be possible for Roman to be Avery's father?  Avery is black (I think?).  Neither Roman nor Jane are black.  Unless you are saying that Jane is not the biological mother and that Avery is actually the daughter of Roman and a presumably black woman and was just passed off as Jane's bio daughter?

Edited by blackwing
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

How would it even be possible for Roman to be Avery's father?  Avery is black (I think?).  Neither Roman nor Jane are black.  Unless you are saying that Jane is not the biological mother and that Avery is actually the daughter of Roman and a presumably black woman and was just passed off as Jane's bio daughter?

It never crossed my mind that Avery may be black, or mixed with black. I'm mixed black/white and she doesn't look like that mix to me. Now that I'm scrutinizing the actress's photos on IMDB (lol), maybe her father is Oscar? Actually Rich DotCom looks like he could be her dad, though I know that's not a possibility, ha.

• Love 1
On 3/4/2018 at 5:17 AM, MissLucas said:

I'm confused about Avery's father. Jane does know him - so that rules out all the perps team tattoo took down when she was working with them. I was at first thinking it could be Crawford but no way Jane would not have brought that up once he entered the picture.  And IIRC he must be about Jane's age.

I thought she didn't remember him? She was just told "oh, he was your high school boyfriend", but she didn't actually remember who he was? Or maybe I missed something.

Anyway, like a couple other people said, my intial interpretation was also that Roman was Avery's father. Then I thought for some reason that it was that guy at the poker game that Roman's girlfriend* was trying to impress.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:28 PM, omgsowicked said:

It never crossed my mind that Avery may be black, or mixed with black. I'm mixed black/white and she doesn't look like that mix to me. Now that I'm scrutinizing the actress's photos on IMDB (lol), maybe her father is Oscar? Actually Rich DotCom looks like he could be her dad, though I know that's not a possibility, ha.

It also never occurred to me that Avery is supposed to be black or black/white. I think she could maybe be part Hispanic/Latina, but she doesn't look black to me, either. I also agree that she looks like she could be Rich's kid, which...probably not, but with this show you never know! Of course, there's also the possibility that she's not actually Jane's daughter after all, and part of the conspiracy or whatever.

*Well, fake girlfriend, I guess, but I do think we're supposed to believe that he's starting to have feelings for her.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Wasn't there someone else?  I thought there was some woman in a bar that he had worked with during his days with Shepard.  When  he saw her post-memory wipe, she punched him or tried to kill him or something for leaving without saying good bye.  I thought we saw flashbacks of them happy and in love.  I could be wrong though and maybe it was an act on his part.

Yeah, I definitely remember her. I'm not sure if he actually loved her, though, or if it was an act.

8 hours ago, marina707 said:

I thought she didn't remember him? She was just told "oh, he was your high school boyfriend", but she didn't actually remember who he was? Or maybe I missed something.

Oops, silly me! Of course she does not remember him. So all cards are back on the deck. As for Avery being black/biracial: I can't remember that ever being mentioned, the actress is identified as Hispanic-American on IMDB. My money's still on Crawford which means Roman is currently sleeping with his niece's half-sister. 

On 07/03/2018 at 8:39 PM, blackwing said:

I rolled my eyes so hard at Reade's girlfriend being an illegal immigrant.  I did not need politics injected into this show.  I expect it with preachy shows like "Designated Survivor" but not this one.  And this is yet another reason why it is beyond belief that Reade is the Assistant Director of the FBI.  All the issues from his personal life with the coach rape thing, working with Mary Stuart Masterson, and now this.  How did he pass a character and fitness test?

Surprised at how much I am loving Rich dot com this year considering how annoyed I was by him in the past.  "Lady Dour of Dourton Abbey"... too funny.

This episode first aired here last week and I've only just caught up but the second Reade and Meg told Tasha about it, I was worried they are leading up to some gross plotline where Tasha gets Meg deported to break up her and Reade.

I got the impression Blake was relatively separate from Crawford's dodgy business dealings but she didn't come off like that in this episode.

Edited by Beatriceblake
  • Love 1