Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Two Legendary Chums

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I'm so tired of Avery.  I get that she feels betrayed, but she's such a little snot.  I wish Jane would stop trying so hard.  Yes, this girl is her biological child.  But Jane didn't even know she was pregnant, doesn't even know who the father is, and until a month or so ago didn't even know what her child looked like.  She reached out and was rejected.  She should move on and let Avery decide if she wants them to have a relationship.

Poor Anthony Lemke.  I liked Victor, too bad he died.

I liked hearing Sullivan Stapleton's real accent in the "see you after the Olympics" spot.  Why can't Weller pretend to be Australian?   It was especially funny hearing him (seemingly grudgingly) say "Go Team USA".

• Love 8

Ha! I forgot he was Australian and wondered why he was so grouchy saying that. I love that Luke Mitchell can finally use his natural accent and wish Sullivan can do the same.

Shut up, Avery. No seriously, shut up. I'm tired of her whiny ass. I have to hand it to the actress because her mannerisms are so similar to Jane's that it's eerie.

I was wondering how Roman would be able to keep his cover, but as always he's always thinking ahead and covering his tracks.

• Love 5

Can someone explain how you put a "secret" bunker in the middle of the woods without excavating the surrounding area, and staff it with a rotating group of 10 or so people every 8 hours, not to mention the inevitable commutes and the power needs, and all the while keep it secret?  Wouldn't it be better (although obviously incompatible with plot development) to hide it in plain sight, say, on the upper floor of a building?

I loved those action photos of our heroes in the dossier that Crawford gave to Roman. 

Ex-Director Hirst really put Zapata back on her heels for a few moments with her comment about the movable line.

Edited by Dowel Jones
More stuff
  • Love 2

Victor learnt the hard way what happens when you threaten Roman.  The revelation of his set up was funny.

Due to the team getting closer to Crawford from Roman's clues, he is now tasked from Crawford to eliminate the team. Did Roman envision this outcome when he planned this undertaking?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm so tired of Avery.  I get that she feels betrayed, but she's such a little snot.  I wish Jane would stop trying so hard.  Yes, this girl is her biological child.  But Jane didn't even know she was pregnant, doesn't even know who the father is, and until a month or so ago didn't even know what her child looked like.  She reached out and was rejected.  She should move on and let Avery decide if she wants them to have a relationship.

What is there to be betrayed about? Jane gave Avery up to be raised by parents who loved and adored her. No matter how rationally you explain it to her she's never going to get it just like her snotty mother. Roman explained all about Shepard. Does this sound like an environment where you'd want to be raised? I would happily lose both Jane and Avery.

• Love 2

That was a bit boring. I still enjoy Roman's Nightmanager tour. Sorry to see Lemke go but Victor lasted longer than I had expected. At least we got some  motivation for Avery joining forces with Roman. But boy is the character grating. And did I miss something or has Jane still not apologized for cheating on Weller? Or did that never happen? Or is she playing Ross' 'We were on a break'-card?

Bah, Olympics screwing with my shows. At least the Super Bowl is over in one day, hrmp.

• Love 3

So, I’m guessing the moderator for the PTSD support group is going to meet an untimely accidental death very soon.

It seems incredulous Roman, the guy with extraordinary high tech skills combined with the ability to foresee the future and know what is going on with the entire FBI team at all times, forgot about the PTSD group members and moderator.

The stolen identity is the sloppiest plot point. For inexplicable reasons, Victor choose to withhold the information of Roman being an imposter from Crawford? Instead of telling Crawford the minute he found out, he instead decided to wait and taunt Roman about it? Even worse, a man of Crawford’s stature didn’t bother to do an in-depth background check on a too good to be true suitor of his ONLY daughter?

I never thought I’d think this, but good grief, Weller is a saint for putting up with Jane. I can’t believe how chillax he is with the whole having an affair while I was searching the world for you. So Jane doesn’t feel like she needs to regain Weller’s trust? So stupid.

If the show doesn’t get renewed, I really hope there is a spin off with Patterson, Richdotcom, Boston and Zapata (the CIA liaison). It could be the new Leverage show.

• Love 3

As soon as Victor began gloating about how he knew Roman was an imposter, I knew his goose was cooked.  Have no idea why he didn't automatically tell Crawford.  And, of course, Roman would be ten steps ahead and all of his most recent, random actions like calling Jane and taunting Weller was to set him up.  Hopefully Anthony Lemke will get more roles soon.  Well, what I'd really like is for SyFy to pull their heads out of their asses and renew Dark Matter...

The tattoo plot of the week was fine, but I was bummed that they couldn't have Weller's former partner be played by Philip Winchester.  Still, fun seeing other recognizable faces like Chance Kelly as the terrorist leader and America Olivo as his righthand woman (well, really, apparently the only woman in that group.)

Anything involving Avery and Jane is just grinding this show to a halt.

Who at NBC did Sullivan Stapleton pissed off that forced him to be the one to say "Go Team USA!"  Because I really doubt that's who he is backing!

• Love 7

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's been really annoyed with Jane (and now Avery) lately. What is the show thinking, turning the audience against its leading lady?

Weller wants Jane so I guess I want him to have her back, but at the same time I think he needs to give her a taste of her own cold shoulder.

• Love 1

Has there ever been a show that got actually better when they added a kid to the mix after several seasons? The rule is that babies can ruin a show but here we got an adult character bringing down the whole thing. (The jury's still out on preadolescent kids *side-eyes Arrow's William*)

I understand the narrative logistics - they wanted to break up Weller and Jane (her cheating on him wasn't bad enough I guess) because happy people make bad tv (thanks J. Whedon). But there are better ways to go there than giving us a character who's not more than a simple plot device and have another character completely lose any ability for rational thought.

I actually didn't hate this show at the beginning of this season when Weller and Jane were shown happily married, babysitting Weller's kid. (Now there's a story line forgotten, Weller's kid ...). What proof is there that Avery is Jane's daughter anyway? She could have been mind-blanked by any one of those people who had the mind-washing drug and told she was "Avery." Anyone think of doing a DNA check? They can get a kit for only $75 at Ancestry.com. Jane cheating on Weller (who is that guy anyway? Is he the one she met at that fancy party a season ago?) and Weller "shooting" Avery ... gah, who cares. I can't believe I'm writing this, but I like Weller this season, hate Jane. Total flip from previous years. (Except I don't like Weller THAT much.) Bring on Patterson and RichDotCom. Those character I do like. If Weller had really shot/killed Avery, this would be a better season IMO.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Jane cheating on Weller (who is that guy anyway? Is he the one she met at that fancy party a season ago?) 

He is a mercenary specializing in rescuing kidnap victims. Jane worked for / with him while on the run. This season is the first time "Clem" has appeared.

• Love 1
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎04 at 1:15 PM, thuganomics85 said:

what I'd really like is for SyFy to pull their heads out of their asses and renew Dark Matter...

Awwwe! Why'd you have to go and bring that up?! I just got it pushed far enough to the back of my memory banks that I could accept it, lol!

• Love 1
On 2/3/2018 at 9:06 AM, blackwing said:

The only part I liked was Jane getting a taste of her own medicine in getting blamed for something that was not her fault. 

On 2/5/2018 at 12:20 AM, snuffles said:

It seems incredulous Roman, the guy with extraordinary high tech skills cI never thought I’d think this, but good grief, Weller is a saint for putting up with Jane. I can’t believe how chillax he is with the whole having an affair while I was searching the world for you. So Jane doesn’t feel like she needs to regain Weller’s trust? So stupid.

So stupid>