Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Liz's Story- LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Hey, HooiserMom!  

They sounded like they couldn't wait to get out of there.  "OK, see you tomorrow!"

I bet she stinks.  I’m sorry but all of those folds, just a breeding ground for dead skin, bacteria, etc.  Everytime they move her, something probably breaks free.  Apologies for being gross.

• Love 12

Oh, man. She's another one who wants to talk about her "progress" every five minutes. I do not think any of these people on this show know what that word means.

1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

I can’t imagine that they don’t have a better way of helping her to stand.  Some sort of a hoist or something to do a little each day.  If she were to start falling those people couldn’t prevent it.  I can’t stand those belts they but around any fall risks at hospitals.  They seem barbaric.  They used one on my dad and I hated that.  Was one nurse going to be able to hold him up by that belt.  There has got to be a better way.

I had one on me when I had my knee replaced. It was a good thing. If I got weebly wobbly at all, the PT grabbed that belt and steadied me. But I'm not morbidly obese.  I agree there has to be a better way to stand up and walk. 

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

My lord - I usually don't have a problem watching surgeries, but this looks like cutting into an elephant (and I don't mean that unkindly). So much tissue!

Right?  That was so gross.  It looked like they just cut off a big chunk of her leg.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Any bets on how much the lymphedema weighs?

25lbs. I’m imagining a 25lbs bag of cat litter strapped to my legs. She’s gotta walk!! Maybe once she can stand they could get her in a pool for exercise?

wait- it feels like she’s missing something?!!

• Love 7

Stuck waiting for control of the television but at least it’s recording for me!  At least this thread is keeping me entertained while I sit through my husband’s chosen tv show.  Why he refuses to watch this show is beyond my understanding!  

• Love 4

Oh, the look of unbridled joy horror on Liz's face when Dr Now told her PT people were coming to her house to help her stand. 

OMG! "I'm proud of the progress I've made so far."

Lady...you have done literally nothing for yourself. Everything was done for you

Just now, ThereButFor said:

Stuck waiting for control of the television but at least it’s recording for me!  At least this thread is keeping me entertained while I sit through my husband’s chosen tv show.  Why he refuses to watch this show is beyond my understanding!  

I feel your pain.  Mr. Judgey watches some really shitty shows.  I think this is the only show we watch together.  I swear, those fuckers on Oak Island are never going to find anything.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I feel your pain.  Mr. Judgey watches some really shitty shows.  I think this is the only show we watch together.  I swear, those fuckers on Oak Island are never going to find anything.

Ugh, my husband made me watch that. Soooooo much eye roll. An itty bitty island; people looking for centuries?? Let it go. Just let it go. 

• Love 2