Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Angels and Mermaids

Amy finds herself caught in the middle of a conflict between Cheyenne and her ex-convict mom, Brandi. Meanwhile, a personal agreement between Glenn and Dina gets heated when Glenn brings in a lawyer. And when Jonah finds out that Kelly believes in angels, Garrett's perfect weekend plans of having the apartment to himself are threatened.

Just now, tennisgurl said:

Jonah was pretty awful this week, and normally I really like Jonah. 

I did like the Glen and Dina plot, especially with them playing chicken with Dina's womb. 

Yes! Hilarious. Glenn throwing away the Before pictures of Dina’s vagina?. Yeesh. TMI, Dina. 

Jonah was back on his high horse. Whether or not he believes in angels, he should’ve respected her right to do so. Although Kelly has been getting dumber and dumber since she arrived at Cloud 9. I can’t imagine what they talk about anyway when they’re together . Then again, maybe there isn’t much talking. 

I loved Garrett’s glee at having the apt. to himself for the weekend. And the rom-com lines he used at the end to encourage Jonah to make up with Kelly. 

Amy was being meddlesome again, but she didn’t annoy me this week. She wasn’t being mean. 

Cheyenne’s mother was funny. ‘She could end up in jail. Or working here when she’s our age.’ Hated the Green Day Party. But I liked that she expects Cheyenne to go to college. 

Mateo hanging out in the break room all day. ‘I’m just not feeling it today.’ Ha. This shoe. How do the employees get away with this stuff?

• Love 12

Wow, they found the perfect actress to play Cheyenne's mother. My favorite part though was Glenn and Dina trying to out-bluff each other with Sandra and Marcus. 

Wow, Jonah was incredibly unlikeable in this episode. I was actually rooting for Kelly, which I have never done. 

I don't know, I can see how people would think that, but it's different than if they were just co-workers or friends. They're dating, so the fact that someone you're dating believes in angels, or leprechauns, or ghosts, or whatever could be a deal breaker. Some people might not see it that way, but to me, if I start dating someone, and I find out they believe something I don't believe, depending on what it is, that might be a deal breaker for me.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Some people might not see it that way, but to me, if I start dating someone, and I find out they believe something I don't believe, depending on what it is, that might be a deal breaker for me.

I suppose it depends on the person. For awhile, I dated someone who believed in Bigfoot. He wasn't camping out in the forest searching for pellets or footprints or anything, but he thought that Bigfoot probably existed somewhere, but no one had found him yet. I thought it was ridiculous, but it wasn't something that came up a lot and it didn't cause anyone any problems, so while he knew I didn't agree with him, it wasn't a big deal. So Jonah going on and on about Kelly and her angel just seemed pointlessly mean. But, to each his own. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I suppose it depends on the person. For awhile, I dated someone who believed in Bigfoot. He wasn't camping out in the forest searching for pellets or footprints or anything, but he thought that Bigfoot probably existed somewhere, but no one had found him yet. I thought it was ridiculous, but it wasn't something that came up a lot and it didn't cause anyone any problems, so while he knew I didn't agree with him, it wasn't a big deal. So Jonah going on and on about Kelly and her angel just seemed pointlessly mean. But, to each his own. 

But that make would me question a person’s grasp on reality. The person Kelly saw when she fell into the pool was probably a lifeguard. I agree with Jonah that her refusing to even consider that possibility was weird. And look at the Cloud 9 employees who agreed with her. They were exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer. 

Edited by Gurkel
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gurkel said:

Yes! Hilarious. Glenn throwing away the Before pictures of Dina’s vagina?. Yeesh. TMI, Dina. 

Dina has seen episodes of Judge Judy, she knows you need before and after pictures to prove your case in court. The real question is how compensation you should get for having a cavernous cooch.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Gurkel said:

Glenn throwing away the Before pictures of Dina’s vagina?. Yeesh. TMI, Dina. 

To be fair, she did look at his penis for medical reasons, so maybe she felt that was appropriate to their relationship now. But I still loved his response. Glenn has been getting more likable this season.

They made Amy less of a drag but Jonah more of one. And they're still picking on Sandra too much for me. She's become the Jerry (Parks and Rec reference) of this show.

But I liked the episode anyway.

I get where Jonah was coming from with Kelly, and I think it's OK if you want to draw lines wherever you want to in terms of what matters to you in someone you're dating, but he should have discussed it with her privately, and in a more respectful way. Also, if he is just now noticing her personality, that says something about what he pays attention to.

• Love 6

I love this show but it should have just embraced the fact that it was so similar to "The Office" and been called "The Store".

1. Jonah and Kelly's angel reminded me of Jim and Pam's ghost storyline

2. Dina and her machetes were very reminiscent of Dwight hiding weapons in the file of Mr. A. Knife lol. 

This episode convinced me that Jonah and Amy belong together, they are both annoying and have compulsion to pick and pick until a situation becomes insufferable to all.

When Glenn threw away the last page containing Dina's "before" pics, I laughed so hard. It could have been a close up of a peach...squash? (in real life) I don't know but it was flesh colored if anyone else noticed. I howled with laughter! Lol

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, malaluna said:

This episode convinced me that Jonah and Amy belong together, they are both annoying and have compulsion to pick and pick until a situation becomes insufferable to all.

When Glenn threw away the last page containing Dina's "before" pics, I laughed so hard. It could have been a close up of a peach...squash? (in real life) I don't know but it was flesh colored if anyone else noticed. I howled with laughter! Lol

I know? Aren’t they annoying? That makes them perfect for one another.

I love the way Glenn slowly peeled away that page and threw it away without looking at it. He handled it gently, like it was a loaded weapon. 

• Love 2

Ben Feldman played an angel on Drop Dead Diva, so Jonah trying to argue with Kelly about whether she had seen an actual angel was funny. This is probably meant to indicate that Kelly and Jonah's relationship is headed towards the end. I hope. I don't think either Jonah or Amy are unlikable at all. They're just the most reasonable of the bunch and in contrast to all that sillyness they come off as not as much fun.

• Love 8

I keep hoping that one day Glenn will clear his throat and say in a completely different voice, "There... that's better." 

I enjoyed the brief bonding between Amy and Cheyenne's Mom over loser, clown Beau.  Then to have it turn and for her to use it against Amy made me a little sad.  Amy's due for a win.  It would have been an interesting twist for Amy and Brandi to become friends; Amy could use a real one.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, amaranta said:

I keep hoping that one day Glenn will clear his throat and say in a completely different voice, "There... that's better." 

I enjoyed the brief bonding between Amy and Cheyenne's Mom over loser, clown Beau.  Then to have it turn and for her to use it against Amy made me a little sad.  Amy's due for a win.  It would have been an interesting twist for Amy and Brandi to become friends; Amy could use a real one.

Glenn using a normal voice. That would be hilarious. Although his current voice is often part of his comedy. Like in an earlier episode when Amy and Jonah said that approximately half of the employees smoke weed. 

“Half? Half do or half don’t?”

”Both.”

Both?”

And yeah, Amy needs a friend. She hasn’t really had one since high school. I don’t know why she couldn’t make friends with other working moms, but she hasn’t. That’s why I like the episodes when she and Jonah hang out at the store. It’s the closest thing she has to a buddy. Although Dina considers herself Amy’s BFF. 

• Love 6
On 1/27/2018 at 12:05 AM, 17wheatthins said:

Glenn has definitely become more likeable. I just wish Glenn’s voice wasn’t what it is.  I really like Mark McKinney too—-have since Kids in the Hall.  But that voice grates on me LOL

I don't even notice it anymore. 

• Love 7

That was legitimately funny. I loved Amy bonding with Cheyenne's mom. Dina cracked me up. 

Jonah and Kelly's fight was very very stupid. You almost break up because someone believes in angels?

Best part of the episode? Two guest stars from The Real ONeals! Bring in Jay Ferguson and Martha Plimpton and I'll squeal! haha

• Love 3