Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three and Beyond: FFwSB

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Is anyone else watching? I keep forgetting to post about it. Also, tonight’s episode is from last week . . . and I bet Sam is kicking herself because she could have gotten in some quality shots in regard to today’s news.

What news?

Once again, NEVER an announcement ahead of time of "hey, we're off next week." It's as simple as that, Sam! Just say it at the end of an episode: "We'll be off next week, we'll be back ___"

I mean, why is that SO hard? To let people know when you're off and when you're back. God.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bumping up. Anyone else watching the show? I watch and I mean to post about it, but I always flake. Sam still continues her good work. Sadly, she’s been given too much material to work with.

ETA: I like the opening credits getting tweaked. Anyone else notice?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Anyone else watching the show?

For sure. Unfortunately it's no longer airing on SBS TV in Australia, but I can still watch it on YouTube.

I still watch. I liked that they took up the report on the hazards of gas stoves, something that's long been on my radar but hardly anyone else seemed to take seriously. There are so many things worth exposing, and most of the media is only tracking after the same handful. I appreciate it when someone takes the time to talk about something that's not the top 3 obvious issues of the week.

• Love 5

She did it again! She covered a topic that isn't getting covered everywhere else! I like it.

I could have done without the bit about insulting her to get her ready for an audience. I mean, okay, if that's what you want. But... I don't get it. It's especially weird to me that she went out of her way to establish that she doesn't usually get hecklers, and then basically said it helped her to get heckled. 

• Love 1

I agree that I side-eyed the opening with Steve Buscemi, but I loved the outtakes over the closing credits.  So I guess it was worth it to get there. 

Interested to find out where she is. 

3 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

Watched the latest over the weekend. Interesting now that Samantha highlighted the Biden's dog Major given that he passed away a few days later.

It was Champ that died, actually.

Sam comes back to talk about Afghanistan, right when I'm pretty sure I've had my fill of the subject, forever. She said nothing I haven't already heard (though I am sick of hearing people say we screwed up the exit without offering a single alternative as to how it should have been done instead- evacuations are never not messy and difficult).

And btw, we evacuated WAY more people from there than we did Vietnam- I'm surprised she didn't bring that up when she mentioned the comparison. Like literally, 16x more people. The reason we're going to have to hear from all those horrible Fox talking heads now insulting and complaining about the refugees is because we managed to get so many more out of the country than anyone thought (or was literally predicting two weeks ago) possible.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Sam comes back to talk about Afghanistan, right when I'm pretty sure I've had my fill of the subject, forever. She said nothing I haven't already heard (though I am sick of hearing people say we screwed up the exit without offering a single alternative as to how it should have been done instead- evacuations are never not messy and difficult).

And btw, we evacuated WAY more people from there than we did Vietnam- I'm surprised she didn't bring that up when she mentioned the comparison. Like literally, 16x more people. The reason we're going to have to hear from all those horrible Fox talking heads now insulting and complaining about the refugees is because we managed to get so many more out of the country than anyone thought (or was literally predicting two weeks ago) possible.

I love Sam but sometimes her show or current "outrage" misses the mark

Someone else mentioned how far behind the show can be when it comes to "current events" and for the first time I'm disappointed the Troubled Teen Industry wasn't covered when This is Paris aired and there were more eyes on #breakingcodesildence. If you haven't watched last nights episode, please do so. This one hit home and I am taking back my voice to make sure as many people as possible belive survivors.

• Love 6

Because it was a great song about why banned books can be the ones that are the most influential in positive ways for kids, like those by Judy Blume. It's a timely and topical subject handled in an interesting and uniquely meaningful way.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, Ailianna said:

Because it was a great song about why banned books can be the ones that are the most influential in positive ways for kids, like those by Judy Blume. It's a timely and topical subject handled in an interesting and uniquely meaningful way.

I was not writing about this particular episode but the show lately. IMO, if the show airs 4 nights / week like Late Night or The Daily Show, then it can afford musical guests. If it only airs weekly, while also interrupted by commercials - unlike Last Week Tonight - then musical guests only eat into the little contents the show has.

Edited by TV Anonymous
  • Love 2

I kind of agree, but I tend to give the show slack in that department because I assume this is the workload Sam can manage while still being a mom to four young kids. I mean, obviously I don't KNOW that that's the reason for the small amount of content and constant breaks, but I'm guessing it probably is?

On 4/25/2022 at 3:02 AM, ruby24 said:

I kind of agree, but I tend to give the show slack in that department because I assume this is the workload Sam can manage while still being a mom to four young kids.

So your argument is that Full Frontal's lack of contents - compared to its peers - is because the host is a woman? I am sorry, but it reads sexist to me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

So your argument is that Full Frontal's lack of contents - compared to its peers - is because the host is a woman? I am sorry, but it reads sexist to me.

Not a woman. A mom with young kids. You have other priorities when you have a family like that.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Not a woman. A mom with young kids. You have other priorities when you have a family like that.

Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, James Corden, Seth Meyers, John Oliver are fathers with young children. What is the difference? Do they not have other priorities too?

• Love 2
On 4/25/2022 at 3:02 AM, ruby24 said:

I kind of agree, but I tend to give the show slack in that department because I assume this is the workload Sam can manage while still being a mom to four young kids. I mean, obviously I don't KNOW that that's the reason for the small amount of content and constant breaks, but I'm guessing it probably is?

I would bet that it has less to do with Sam's workload and family life and more to do with TBS being a bit aimless at the moment. Conan was cut down and then ended. Just about all of the original scripted content is gone. The show is critically and commercial successful and seems to do well online, but it's not a monster hit that prints money. So they seem to be content to keep making new episodes, but not too many while they try to figure out what the heck they're doing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, ebk57 said:

Amy's piece at the NRA convention this week was spot on. 

I think Jordan Klepper is better, only because Amy still has the "Oh, My God, Do You People Practice Making My Skin Crawl?" crack in her voice.

Klepper's m/o is more subtle in turning people's words back on them. Amy was more overt, but the questions were legitimate imo - 'What is the sentence that is the Second Amendment' at an NRA conference. I don't even really see that as a political question. 

• Love 6

I would think by now Klepper gets some angry reactions when he shows up.

Amy is new at it so they probably don't realize yet that they're being made to look stupid.