Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Divided

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Despite losing half his team, Oliver remains confident that he, Felicity and Diggle can stop Cayden James and Black Siren. However, when he discovers one of Cayden’s secrets, he decides to team up with an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Dinah spends time with Vince.

OTA is back and OTA is all that we need.

I didn't think it was possible for my hatred of the newbies to grow as much as it did in this episode. I was wrong. Send them to another city, to another Earth, just get rid of them. Their attitudes are pissing me off. Curtis is probably the worst out of them too with his whole "nope, don't like that we're not all on the same level, how dare you trust your wife and brother more than us" thing. 

While I'm glad Diggle can get back into the field, I don't like that Curtis helped even though it makes sense that he did. (That's where I am with my hatred of Curtis. I even hate it when he does things I know he should be the one doing.) 

Black Siren likes to kill. She wants to kill. That's pretty much all there is to her character, which is why it looks like her scenes with Lance in 609 are part of Cayden's plan. So, Thea, Lance, no, don't waste any time or energy trying to find any bit of good in her. (Mainly because I don't want either of them trapped in that kind of storyline when we barely get enough of either of them - especially Thea - as it is. I kinda wish there was surveillance of BS telling Thea she'd put her in a coma again because maybe they'd let this stupid idea go.) 

I might not totally hate Vigilante anymore after this episode? I feel like they did a decent job of setting him up as infiltrating Cayden James or at least making us think he has - his scenes with Dinah, him saying he wanted to talk elsewhere when she confronted him and Cayden's concerns about him. At least in a better way than any possible redemption arc for BS. 

Dragon is ... a thug. That's pretty much it. 

And again, I hate the newbies more than I did before, to a degree I didn't think was possible. 

• Love 12

Aw yeah, badass Diggle is back! I’m so freaking excited about that!

*deep breath*

When do we get to the part where I’m supposed to think Dinah, Rene, and Curtis are anything more than entitled asshats? Honestly, they can all go die in a fire. I’m done with them.

And gee, why would Cayden leak audio of Rene and not the other members of the team? Maybe because he knew Rene is a self-involved jackass who’s only loyal to himself and will roll over on anyone to protect himself? Curtis and Dinah had better watch their backs.

For as much as Curtis thinks he’s special because he’s been team-adjacent the longest, he doesn’t know Oliver at all. Asking if he had any hard feelings? Bitch, please. Oliver has worked with Malcolm Merlyn and Slade Wilson when it suited him. He’s the most “ends justify the means” guy ever. The fact that Curtis thinks he’s grudge-worthy in Oliver’s eyes is so laughable.

Dinah’s not even worth a discussion.

Speaking of things not worthy of discussion, I’m gonna need Quentin and Thea to stop being so gullible and stupid. Not!Laurel is Not.Laurel. Go talk to Oliver about Earth X Tommy. Jesus.

Finally, Dear Show: the case has been “moved back to the Star City DA”? Really? I said the other day in the Mind Your Surroundings thread that the Arrowverse shows need to hire a legal adviser and it’s so true. I volunteer, BTW. Just sayin’.

• Love 22

Bless you all for the spoilers. I am not watching this episode, I already hate the newbies as it is, I don't think I can take more. I'll watch and ff all non-OTA scenes tomorrow lol.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I would like a follow-up interview with EK after tonight's episode where I ask only one question: why on earth do you think anyone would root for you?

EK: Because they hurt their feelings and the newbies should be equal to OTA!

Dumbass journalist:

tumblr_m8erjmoinD1ql8mdt.gif.689d8bce52b3f47f0cde5f137ce696d9.gif

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

Speaking of things not worthy of discussion, I’m gonna need Quentin and Thea to stop being so gullible and stupid. Not!Laurel is Not.Laurel. Go talk to Oliver about Earth X Tommy. Jesus.

Or even talk to Oliver about Earth X Lance. And Earth X Oliver. "So, Quentin, let's chat about what our Earth-X versions were like. Then we can talk about Earth-2's Laurel." 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

Bless you all for the spoilers. I am not watching this episode, I already hate the newbies as it is, I don't think I can take more. I'll watch and ff all non-OTA scenes tomorrow lol.

There were a lot of really good ones! (my favorite was the last one :))

• Love 1

Apart from wishing the newbies dead, if they really want to redeem Evil Laurel, I wish they'd just approach it from Quentin just wanting his daughter back and wanting to reach out to and help the woman who looks like her. The whole line of thinking that he saw his Laurel in her eyes when she decided NOT to murder him - what a low-ass bar to clear. I'm disappointed that Thea went along with it too, invoking Malcolm. Girl, get better judgment!

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Oliver has had his asshole moments over the years but the new team makes him look like a saint.  I hope her rubs it in when hey inevitably get in over their heads and he has to bail them out.

I mentioned this in the live thread, but the scene where he acknowledged he was wrong to put them under surveillance (even though he wasn't) showed so much growth. I was so impressed, because I would have read NoTA for filth. Oliver is officially a better person than me now. How did this happen? LOL.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

I do think they're setting up Siren to make everyone think she's being redeemed, only to have her turn on Lance towards the end of the season.

They really arent showing anything from BS that could even lead to it. At least with Vigilante they're showing some things that make you question which side of the line he'll end up on. With BS it's psycho killer who gets off on killing and having Lance and Thea who know nothing about what she's doing going on she's totally redeemable. 

• Love 6

NTA = New Team Arrow = Curtis/Rene/Dinah? I'm sorry, guys, but I get their point of view. I also get Oliver's POV as well, which makes the split worse. If this had happened before Earth-X, the only way NTA would've fought is if there knew that the other Oliver was the leader. Then they'd try for catharsis. I'm not gonna hate NTA or whatever they'll dub themselves (if anything), and I'll be more concerned about how all of the bad guys are going to be taken down. Also, hoping that Quentin and Thea break their kindasorta father/daughter relationship by turning it into something more . ..  dubious.

Seriously, has Oliver faced a mob like this? A bunch of asshole enemies and their respective armies . . . doesn't seem fair. I know, that's the point, and that's nowhere near as bad as what's going on in The Flash ("Hey, can we borrow Vibe or Kille- . .. wait, what do you mean your hands are tied?") , but even with casualities on his side, Oliver will probably win, and that mean a less-believable story. For a superhero-based drama, I mean.

2 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

It's been 6 years and I am so proud to finally say Oliver is now a mature, stable, understanding man. He has shown so much growth this season I'm so impressed with him and I can't help but stan. 

tumblr_oahew4LfXC1unmr6xo1_250.gif

...giving amazing speeches

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 22
16 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Team Broken Arrow

I'm ok with NTA.  It can mean both New Team Arrow or Not Team Arrow if one likes.  

9 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

NTA = New Team Arrow = Curtis/Rene/Dinah? I'm sorry, guys, but I get their point of view. I also get Oliver's POV as well, which makes the split worse. If this had happened before Earth-X, the only way NTA would've fought is if there knew that the other Oliver was the leader. Then they'd try for catharsis. I'm not gonna hate NTA or whatever they'll dub themselves (if anything), and I'll be more concerned about how all of the bad guys are going to be taken down. Also, hoping that Quentin and Thea break their kindasorta father/daughter relationship by turning it into something more . ..  dubious.

Seriously, has Oliver faced a mob like this? A bunch of asshole enemies and their respective armies . . . doesn't seem fair. I know, that's the point, and that's nowhere near as bad as what's going on in The Flash ("Hey, can we borrow Vibe or Kille- . .. wait, what do you mean your hands are tied?") , but even with casualities on his side, Oliver will probably win, and that mean a less-believable story. For a superhero-based drama, I mean.

Sincere request, could you explain what you think makes NTA's PoV reasonable though?  Cause I am not getting it at all.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

So, uh, I missed the first 15 minutes of the episode but judging by that warehouse fight scene, this was directed by Bamford, wasn't it? Ugh. Why does he keep tormenting me with his spinny camera? Does he like twirling while lugging that camera around and pretending like he's in the fight, too, or something? Double ugh.

Why would anyone (not from Reddit) actually choose the newbies over OTA? What a bunch of dinks. My eyes got quite the workout from all the rolling it did whenever Rene (and Curtis, with his hypocritical ass) kept trying to make it seem like OTA were the ones who were really at fault for the lack of trust in the team. Who was it again that was going to testify and turn Oliver in to Samanda Watson, which could have led to ALL of them going to jail except for the turncoat?

gfDIzzb.gif

Nah. I'm not wasting my thoughts on them. Fast-forward material is what they are. I was getting fired up and mad at all the hypocrisy of their holier than thou attitude after Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle kept trying to extend an olive branch but nah.

• Love 12

Oliver: "OK, I admit that I screwed up.  I had the right intentions and y'all admittedly gave me good reasons to be suspicious, but fine, it was wrong to spy on you.  I apologize.  Sincerely.  Now, lets try and move on and deal with this clearly big threat and his amazingly stacked posse."

Stupid Noobs: "Fuck you, guys!  Who cares if our judgement was shit?  We can't trust you for what you did!  Never!!  Sure, maybe we've done things like betray you to a vengeful FBI lady and likely get you locked up, and even flirt around with someone we clearly is a known a psycho!  It's about trust, man!  We're out of here!  Peace!!!"

Seriously, this whole thing is dumb.  So dumb.  All I see is one side admitted that they did something wrong and trying to move forward, but the others not only holding a petty grudge, but not admitting they fucked up.  Yes, Rene admitted his guilt to Curtis, but I never once seen him legitimately say he is sorry for what he did to Oliver, and just offer half-hearted "I did what I had to do!" platitudes.  And don't even get me started on Dinah, and how she practically dodges every question about her thing with Vigilante.  Instead, they keep pointing their fingers at Original Team Arrow (OK, honestly, they're just Team Arrow to me.  The rest of these fools will never be worthy of them) for not taking responsibility, even though it feels like they have, but since they aren't groveling but calmly explaining why they did what they did, the Noob Squad is getting all pissy.  To which I say, Dinah?  Curtis?  Rene?  Kindly go fuck yourselves.  Seriously, they are worst then actual children.

At least Diggle is finally cured now, so hopefully he'll be a bigger asset to Oliver going forward.  Really could use some Original Arrow action now.

I do like how Cayden seems to be going through similar issues, where he's like the annoyed father trying to get things done, but has to put up with his kill happy daughter making messes, Baby Dragon always puffing out his chest, and his son consistently sneaking out to meet his girlfriend and blab out secrets.  At least Uncle Anatoly seems to have a level head.  But again, my general affection for Cayden will always be Michael Emerson.  He really can make everything better.  Still wish his henchman was played by Jim Caviezel though!

Holy shit, Thea is not only back, but she even reminds Quentin that he has another (and frankly, more awesome) daughter, so maybe moping about fake evil daughter is a bit much there!  Of course, she suddenly reverses that stance after.  Poor Thea.  She's never written as an actual character anymore, but just used to move the stupid plots forward.

More "classic" James Bamford fight scenes, with shaky camera work and dark lighting, but since it's all in one take, he'll be treated like he's a future John Wick director in the making.

Did like seeing Canadian actor vet Louis Ferreira as the Bertinelli crime lord.  Too bad he's already gone. 

Still, way better then The Flash's return, so points for that!!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 21

Actually, I could see BS pretending she was being redeemed and Quentin thinking she was redeemed. Then BS tries to kill Quentin and Thea finds them fighting to the death and kills BS. Whether or not Quentin lives, I would say not, Thea leaves to go live with Roy. 

How many episodes does BS have left this season?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Sincere request, could you explain what you think makes their PoV reasonable though?  Cause I am not getting it at all.  

I'll try to articulate, since I've been having problems with that lately. Basically, I feel that both sides have done shady shit. I don't think that those actions cancel each other, and Rene turning on Oliver to get his kid back -- a girl whom he's finding it difficult to bond with -- is unjustified and irredeemable. Okay . . . I get the hate. I just don't get the "these people should get killed in humiliating ways" POV. I mean, everybody is fictional, but it seem feels like overkill. That's how I feel. Once again . . .  I hope that I've said my peace (piece?) in a comprehensible manner.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

So, uh, I missed the first 15 minutes of the episode but judging by that warehouse fight scene, this was directed by Bamford, wasn't it? Ugh. Why does he keep tormenting me with his spinny camera? Does he like twirling while lugging that camera around and pretending like he's in the fight, too, or something? Double ugh.

Why would anyone (not from Reddit) actually choose the newbies over OTA? What a bunch of dinks. My eyes got quite the workout from all the rolling it did whenever Rene (and Curtis, with his hypocritical ass) kept trying to make it seem like OTA were the ones who were really at fault for the lack of trust in the team. Who was it again that was going to testify and turn Oliver in to Samanda Watson, which could have led to ALL of them going to jail except for the turncoat?

gfDIzzb.gif

Nah. I'm not wasting my thoughts on them. Fast-forward material is what they are. I was getting fired up and mad at all the hypocrisy of their holier than thou attitude after Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle kept trying to extend an olive branch but nah.

I think Bamford really was trying to film the fight as if it was a video game and the viewer the player so it was supposed to be what Oliver saw but instead it was just Oliver constantly falling out of the shaky camera frame.  It could have been such a good fight scene if I could have actually seen it.  

• Love 4

I was so prepared to like the fight because it was Oliver going at it alone like old times. But I saw Oliver kick a goon and miss and the goon still went down. They need better stunt coordinators. Bamford should stop directing. 

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 10

So, there were some good things here. I enjoyed  the bits of Olicity we got, and I was thrilled to get so much OTA interaction. I liked how pissed off Felicity got about the idiocy of the Newbies. The camera work was awful, but the fight scene was kind of cool. I liked seeing the Berlanti family again (even though I wish Helena would come back for an episode or two), and I liked how competent OTA was throughout. Even though it was kind of ruined later by Thea insisting that Black Siren could be redeemed, I always love Thea and Quentin interactions (especially when Quentin was all pissed about Oliver having to work with Rene, and Thea saying he was like a father to her), and, most of all, I love the character development it showed in Oliver. He has come such a long way from the angry, unstable loner he was in season one, and I am honestly super proud. He acted like a mature, intelligent adult, who took responsibility for what he did, and showed the ability to forgive and move on to focus on the greater good. It was great. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, TV Anonymous said:

Let me express my disappointment that in the episode involving the Bertinelli crime family, Helena does not make her appearance. She is one of my favorite guest heroes in the show.

I had the same thought!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I was so prepared to like the fight because it was Oliver going at it alone like old times. But I saw Oliver kick a goon and miss and the goon still went down. They need better stunt coordinators. Bamford should stop directing. 

Come to think of it, wasn't this the big action scene MG was hyping shortly after the midseason finale? It could have been really great if anyone else had directed it.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And Curtis feels like he's mad just because he wanted a reason to be mad.  He literally did the same thing to Felicity all on his own for less reason last year and yet he's made his moral outrage for something that the OTA did reach levels where they never deserve forgiveness for their actions.  And that's an attitude I find more unforgivable than what Rene and Dinah actually did do.    

I feel the same way about Curtis. He has been acting bitter for awhile about how being on Team Arrow screwed up his marriage, especially during his bitter toast at Olicitys wedding reception, and I think he is just happy to have an "excuse" to be pissed off at OTA. He blames them, on some level, for ruining his marriage, even though that is 100% on him. No one forced him to be on the team, in fact he insisted on going into the field, even when Oliver said it wasn't a great idea. He just doesn't want to admit that, and instead wants to blame everyone else. 

• Love 16