Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

Yes, she was a Chicago Bulls Dancer

Alex Yap is a adorabul. The girl behind her, is that Taylor Johnson? Hope she makes it. DCC needs some tall blondes. All the tall girls are brunette. 

19 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Alex Yap (finalist 2017) and is that Hannah Anderson (finalist 2016)?

5aee44d5a2f32_HannahAndersonAlexYap.JPG.d7a27f7a1d336b45a7dc832248a20c80.JPG

You can see the male auditionee two rows behind.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Angie said:

Another picture

Screenshot_2018-05-05-17-46-34.png

Victoria Kalina made it to semis

Of course Victoria did. She’s going to make the team. Let’s be honest though. She’s more suited to the AAIA dance wise. 

Edited by TrashPanda
Wanted to clarify I meant Victoria. Not the girl in the picture.
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

Alex Yap is a adorabul. The girl behind her, is that Taylor Johnson? Hope she makes it. DCC needs some tall blondes. All the tall girls are brunette. 

Maybe Lauren Chapman (Texans Cheerleader) will make it. She looks pretty tall.

Just now, sleepyjean said:

You know Kelli and her love for hot tall blondes?

I agree! I feel like if Kelli was picking the 32 ladies today, she would automatically put Victoria and Dayton on the squad considering we know that Tina Kalina is Kelli's best friend

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

She made it went back to look on video to see what her number was she was 307

Currently updating the list with all the posts above! I’m surprised there’s not as many updates on Instagram yet. I feel like people may hold in until they make finals

This probably hasn't been mentioned yet (I'm posting from Kentucky) but Lily Johnson and Ashley Wood from the UK dance team made it to semis! @lilyjay21 and @ashnicholewood they are both beautiful and have sweet personalities. They've been traveling back and forth to Dallas to take prep classes. Both graduated from UK yesterday. 

ash.png

This probably hasn't been mentioned yet (I'm posting from Kentucky) but Lily Johnson and Ashley Wood from the UK dance team made it to semis! @lilyjay21 and @ashnicholewood they are both beautiful and have sweet personalities. They've been traveling back and forth to Dallas to take prep classes. Both graduated from UK yesterday. 

Here's Lily!

lily.png

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, KYwildcats said:

ash.png

Here's Lily!

lily.png

Go cats! I grew up in Lexington. I'll be following these girls!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Go cats! I grew up in Lexington. I'll be following these girls!

If these two make the squad I bet KaShara will be happy

• Love 1

Um so guys are actually allowed to try out for this?! How would that work if they actually made it? Wouldn't they have to design a special uniform for a man and would he be doing the exact same thing dance was as everyone else? I could see it if it was a true cheer squad with stunting and all or even a hip hop team, but this makes no sense to me for DCC. Someone please enlighten me. 

1 minute ago, Teresa said:

Um so guys are actually allowed to try out for this?! How would that work if they actually made it? Wouldn't they have to design a special uniform for a man and would he be doing the exact same thing dance was as everyone else? I could see it if it was a true cheer squad with stunting and all or even a hip hop team, but this makes no sense to me for DCC. Someone please enlighten me. 

It seems like he wants change in the NFL cheerleading world especially since ravens and rams have guys on the team. If a woman can cheer for the NFL i think men should be able to cheer as well. But i feel like with the dcc history no guy will ever make the team unless something changes

• Love 4

Thelma was a Dallas Sidekicks Dancer

27 minutes ago, Cody701 said:
3 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I'm sure they don't know what they'd do with a guy on the team. They would have to figure it out if/when it ever happens. That's what the Rams Cheerleaders will have to work on this season.

3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Thelma was a Dallas Sidekicks Dancer

I'm sure they don't know what they'd do with a guy on the team. They would have to figure it out if/when it ever happens. That's what the Rams Cheerleaders will have to work on this season.

I think they may see what the rams do with guys on the team. Maybe one day we'll see guys on the team

4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I believe she's on the far right with the other TLDs.  The 1st 3 from the left made it, but I haven't seen anything about the other two~if anyone knows their #'s we could find out...

tld at dcc.jpg

I honestly don't see why Jourdyn (left) keeps trying out, she will never make it.

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Pretty sure this means no Taryn this year.

Taryn.JPG.ecddef44a0bbf2f4d70e75521e9a8893.JPG

I have no clue if this girl can dance. I do have a clue that she's got some terrible photoshopping going on. Look at how the chairs and concrete are doing something weird in the background between her legs, plus the white field stripes, especially in the end zone. 

(edited)

Did anymore of the AAIA's audition. I was hoping to see Raegan, Kristin & Kaylee

EDIT - I know see Kristin did make it to semis. 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Cody701 said:
I'm assuming he did not make it

Probably not, but we now know he was actually THERE and participated, unlike the guy that was rumored to have auditioned many, many moons ago.  That one was only rumored to have existed at auditions.

35 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Yes, ANYONE is allowed to audition, but guys haven't been on the squad since they were dropped in 1969 (local high school & colleges kids were the Cowbelles & Beaux).  I doubt they'll return anytime soon unless there's a real push for them.  Good for the lone male this year.  I really hope we get some more brave guys to go for it.  After all, the Ravens have a mixed squad (though the guys do the more traditional cheer routines with some stunters/flyers while the rest dance).

5 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Men have actually tried out before. It’s just never shown on the show.

I've only heard of one other time a guy auditioned, but no one ever seems to know who he was, what he looked like, or anything else about him, just that he was there (or IF he was there and not just rumored to have been there).  Have there been any other times other than that one and this one auditioned and we've just never seen and/or heard about it?  I wonder if they're going to actually show him, interview him, etc. or just pretend he never existed or showed up at auditions.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, KYwildcats said:

ash.png

Here's Lily!

lily.png

These two are beautiful!  Hope they can get the DCC style and power down.  I agree, KaShara probably would be thrilled if they made it to TC.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4

Madeline M from training camp last year made it. Her number was 372 and it's on the board. 

Any word on Brennan? Also what about Dayton? I can't read the first digit on her number. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Madeline M from training camp last year made it. Her number was 372 and it's on the board. 

Any word on Brennan? Also what about Dayton? I can't read the first digit on her number. 

I believe Dayton made it because she posted a photo on Instagram saying #roundonedone buy couldn't read her number

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SoonerDCCFan said:

There are about 430 auditioning this year. 

After seeing the board, there are big gaps in between numbers. Though the numbers went up to about 430, there must have been far fewer girls. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Dayaton is either 60 or 80 

1 minute ago, SoonerDCCFan said:

After seeing the board, there are big gaps in between numbers. Though the numbers went up to about 430, there must have been far fewer girls. 

That's what happened last year

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Dayaton is either 60 or 80 

It looks like she's 99 in the video clip on instagram

• Love 1