Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Watch the same people who call Felicity a Mass Murderer/Serial Killer for Havenrock justify BS wanting a weapon of mass destruction to most probably intentionally kill millions

They have all these stories and they waste a msf on her. She's overstayed her welcome.

Its funny that Arrow has been on this massive Daddy Issues kick lately, considering the MCU has also been on a Daddy Issues kick this year. All three of their movies from 2017 have had father/son or father/surrogate son relationships as a major part of the movie. I think its worked better in the MCU though, as they are still finding relatively unique ways to develop those relationships, and they're often genuinely complex and interesting, or lead to actual character development. Arrow Daddy Issues are just kind of lame. "I must do EVERYTHING FOR MYSON BECAUSE I AM DAD" every five seconds isn't super deep characterization. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

PLEASE tell me someone snapped a picture of all the female leads at these meetings with Betlanti bc I can just see all them together arms crossed as he explains whats going on.

Is that a thing? I thought the main meeting was in Burbank, which I assumed to mean again this is primarily for the writing staff and less for the actors. 

Meanwhile, Jax (Franz Drameh) finds a loophole that could potentially change history, but it is a risk he is willing to take.  Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richadson-Sellers and Dominic Purcell also star.

So I guess Martin dies in the crossover and Jax will make one attempt to get him back.  

I was talking about this on the Supergirl board a while ago. Contrast what Legends has done with Victor compared to how Supergirl has handled Floriana leaving. Stein has had tons of storylines this season, got to interact with his family, they have been making up scenarios where he can do unusual stuff like the body switch or the lookalike evil ancestor. Now this summary looks like they might add an additional episode for a proper Jax/Martin goodbye because let's face it, no way they can do that properly in the crossover where all these other characters are running around and demanding screen time as well. This is Legends celebrating him to the best of their abilities for as long as they can have him. 

• Love 2

DC Entertainment 2017...

DC TV - One of DC's top television producers (Andrew Kreisberg) was accused of sexual harassment by 19 women. He strongly denied the claims. 
Action Taken: Suspended (unclear exactly when, but Variety reported on the story on Nov. 10, 2017).

DC FILM - One of DC movies' top stars (Ben Affleck) was accused of sexual harassment by 2 women. He apologized to one woman but ignored the other one.  Affleck talked about the sexual harassment claims made against him, as well as his recent awkward moment during that Justice League press tour, on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert on November 16, 2017.
Action Taken: None.

DC COMICS - One of DC's top editors (Eddie Berganza) was accused of sexual harassment by multiple women. He denied any wrongdoing.
Action Taken: Fired (three days after BuzzFeed's Nov. 10, 2017 expose about his 25 years at DC Comics was published).

A.V. Club (Nov. 14, 2017): "DC proved what people already know about most corporations: The motivation for corporations to take care of a problem isn’t going to be doing what’s right, but doing what results in the smallest PR problem. ... We’re still so wrapped up in Berganza that we haven’t started talking about the root cause of the problem, the misogyny and racism and ableism and homophobia that have run rampant through the comics industry for years."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So DC is apparently now also including post-credits scenes in its movies (warning: major spoilers!)...

‘Justice League’: Digging Into the Post-Credits Scenes
BY MATT GOLDBERG      NOVEMBER 16, 2017
http://collider.com/justice-league-after-credits-scenes-explained/#deathstroke-meets-lex-luthor

'Justice League' and "Arrow' Just Made a Funny Kind of History
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 17, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/17/justice-league-and-arrow-just-made-a-funny-kind-of-history/

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Has anyone else started Punisher?

I've watched the first 2 episodes. Episode 1 was a little slow but ended on a bang. Episode 2 was really good, the show is setting up as an Espionage Thriller and I'm enjoying it. 

So far we have some good side/supporting characters. 

Spoiler

Karen showed up in episode 2 and I'm seriously close to shipping Karen/Frank...screw Matt

• Love 1

I'm on episode 5 of Punisher. I'm so happy I don't listen to reviewers because I am enjoying it so much.

Spoiler

I've been shipping Kastle since DD season 2. lol

Edited by JJ928

DC TV Watch: All the New Comic Book Easter Eggs (and One Very Poor Timed Arc)
NOVEMBER 17, 2017 7:45am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-legends-tomorrow-wonder-woman-supergirl-smallville-1059348

About that wonderful reference ... | ... Legends of Tomorrow served the ultimate mic drop at the end of this week's Helen of Troy-themed episode, when new team member Zari (Tala Ashe) decided to "hack" time and drop off the displaced Trojan in her same era, but not in the middle of the Trojan War where she would be the unwitting mascot for a war she never wanted. Instead, Zari took her to an island full of warrior women, where no men are allowed. If that wasn't enough of a clue to get fan tongues wagging, the chyron on the bottom of the screen confirmed in the final frame of the episode that the island was Themyscira, aka the home of Wonder Woman. Now this doesn't mean Gal Gadot's inspiring big screen Wonder Woman Amazonian hero is all of a sudden going to show up on The CW series (The Hollywood Reporter confirmed with Warner Bros. TV that this is just a fun reference, nothing more), but what a thrill to see that kind of comic book connection in DC's TV universe. More of this, please!
Wait, what name did she say?! | ... While trying to uncover evidence on a damaged and encrypted laptop, Alex mentioned sending it off to her friend "Chloe" who was really good with technology, and even had a "Wall of Weird." And with that, all Smallville fans let out a huge cheer. Of all properties or names to drop, no one predicted that it would be a Smallville character (especially since Smallville's Superman, Tom Welling, looks a lot different from Supergirl's version, Tyler Hoechlin). But again, what a fun twist of fate to hear the OG DC TV series get a fun shout out.
Awkward timing | The Flash is telling Ralph Dibny's (Hartley Sawyer) slow journey from corrupt, womanizing and skeezy disgraced-detective-turned-private-investigator into the heroic Elongated Man. But that may now be the most ill-timed story given what's happening behind the scenes with showrunner Andrew Kreisberg. During this week's episode, Ralph made lewd comments to all the female members of Team Flash as he predicted their personal measurements. The disgust on everyone's face was only a fraction of what viewers felt. This was a poor, tone-deaf creative choice on any day of the week but it's especially bad given Hollywood's current narrative. 
No more secrets | ....
Except for this one | Despite Diggle's promise to Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) that there would be "no more secrets" now that his are all out in the open, Dinah still kept hers. She still hasn't told the team that she let Vigilante (Johann Urb) go, or that he left her a romantic present. Going off of Arrow's track record, fans can expect this secret to explode in only a few episodes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Justice League update (now that some people have seen Thursday screenings)...

Rotten Tomatoes - critics' score is at 40% and audience score is at 86% "liked it".

Metacritic - critics score is at 46 (out of 100) and audience score is at 7.3 (out of 10).

ComicBook NOW: 'Justice League' Reviews Too Harsh?
By COMICBOOK STAFF - November 16, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/17/comicbook-now-justice-league-reviews-too-harsh-/

Debuting to a less than stellar score on the review aggregating site Rotten Tomatoes and some intensely harsh comments from dozens of critics, fans appear to be loving Justice League while the majority of critics despise it. Hosts Brandon Davis and Charlie Ridgely weighed in on the ordeal, trying to get a better understanding of where the negativity is stemming from.

"Critics are ripping Justice League apart," Davis said. "It seems like there is no in between. People either liked it, which is where I land, I really like Justice League, or it's the worst movie. It's like sitting on top of radiation is what these critics felt they were doing while watching Justice League."

"I don't understand that," Davis concluded.

"People who were at the junket and the premiere, they're tweeting their reactions to this movie," Ridgely added. "I saw a couple of negative things but it was mostly things like you said, like' There are some issues with this movie. There are some story things. I didn't like the villain very much but it was very, very fun. The characters had good lines and it was very uplifting and you left enjoying it. So, the transition from that, which was all critics...now seeing these reviews...I don't see where anyone's getting that from."

"I review a lot of the big comic book movies," Davis said. "I gave [Justice League] four out of five stars on [ComicBook.com]."

"It's not perfect," Ridgely said. "But it's a good time."

Edited by tv echo

To compare...

Man of Steel got a 55% critics score and 75% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes, and a 55 critics score and 7.5 audience score at Metacritic.

Suicide Squad got a 26% critics score and 61% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes, and a 40 critics score and 6.2 audience score at Metacritic.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice got a 27% critics score and 63% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes, and a 44 critics score and 7.0 audience score at Metacritic.

Wonder Woman  got a 92% critics score and 89% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes, and a 76 critics score and 7.8 audience score at Metacritic.

Thor: Ragnarok got a 92% critics score and 89% audience score at Rotten Tomatoes, and a 73 critics score and 7.8 audience score at Metacritic.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The line up of everyone looks so funny. Is that just me? I can't stop laughing for some reason. I mean, it's fun but haha.

And where's Diggle??? I can't find him in any of the pics. (In one of them Dinah's doing that dumb pose again which looks even more out of place in the line up. Why JH, why?)

Loving the Olicity, obviously. MY BODY IS READY. 

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The line up of everyone looks so funny. Is that just me? I can't stop laughing for some reason. I mean, it's fun but haha.

And where's Diggle??? I can't find him in any of the pics. (In one of them Dinah's doing that dumb pose again which looks even more out of place in the line up. Why JH, why?)

It took me a minute to realize they weren't actually in a scene like that and the actors probably lined up for a publicity photo. The indoor one looks like a school picture.

In other news FFS JH you don't have to do some lame comicbook pose in every freaking scene. Look at the other ladies being badass without lame poses. ?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It took me a minute to realize they weren't actually in a scene like that and the actors probably lined up for a publicity photo. The indoor one looks like a school picture.

I thought the one indoors was a publicity shot but the ones outside just look like the scenes they filmed tbh so I'm not sure. Either way, it made me LOL! 

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The line up of everyone looks so funny. Is that just me? I can't stop laughing for some reason. Haha.

OMG she was the first thing I've noticed lol. Everyone is standing there looking tough and she looks like she's about to start aerobics. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

OMG she was the first thing I've noticed lol. Everyone is standing there looking tough and she looks like she's about to start aerobics. 

She's done it a few times this season and it makes me cringe every time but no more so than that pic with everyone where it stands out so much. Haha. Dial it back, girl!

Imma just going to sit over here and pretend the trio of Ray on Mick's right and Leonard on his left is predicting a platonic triangle plot line over who gets Mick's ultimate loyalty. Y'all carry on with Olicity.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

She's done it a few times this season and it makes me cringe every time but no more so than that pic with everyone where it stands out so much. Haha. Dial it back, girl!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27455-1334678424-12

@ruby24 They're all on the press site, it just seems to be taking the media a bit to get them all up.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Imma just going to sit over here and pretend the trio of Ray on Mick's right and Leonard on his left is predicting a platonic triangle plot line over who gets Mick's ultimate loyalty. Y'all carry on with Olicity.

Haha enjoy yourself hun! I hope you get lots of material to swoon over!!!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I thought the one indoors was a publicity shot but the ones outside just look like the scenes they filmed tbh so I'm not sure. Either way, it made me LOL! 

The one indoors is definitely a publicity shot. I think the one outdoors is from a scene but, I don't think they're all lined up like that in the scene. I expect they posed them in a straight line for a photo

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Wait, all these stills are coming out and there's no link that seems to have all of them in one place!! I keep seeing all these different pics everywhere. Help!

They are all at that TV Line Link, the site is updating with new photos

How many are coming? Not that I'm complaining. I enjoy that they seated Mick next to the police captain. And Oliver's in the wedding party. Aw. Feels even weirder that they didn't throw in a mention of why he wasn't there for the bachelor party. Cisco probaly called and Oliver was just, Pass. 

I think it's our Felicity and Oliver.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just went through all the pics so far and I'm confused!

I can't work out of the hugging pic is a red or green suit! There is a red rim where the arrows are but the suit looks green.

Black suit with red trimming Oliver is EXOliver yes?

I think it's Earth 1 Oliver dressed as Evil Earth X Oliver going to rescue Earth 1 Felicity.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They honestly should've left Mick out of the wedding. Not everyone has to be there just because they are part of the team.  

Bite your tongue! ? The pic of Mick (Mickpic?) looking like he's suffering the worst time of his life at the wedding, and then the one of him sleeping through the ceremony, are making me LMAO.

• Love 5
Just now, bijoux said:

So, Barry is the only lead who's not allowed to a have an evil EarthX doppelganger?

IMG_0256.PNG

Which doesn't make sense because Earth X Barry is featured in the animated show but for whatever reason they decieded to drop him in favor of Wells 10.0

1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

Is Kara singing at the wedding? 

It's nice that Oliver is an usher but it feels like a slight to Wally, tbh.

I cant wait to see how they write Wally out of the crossover after the wedding.

• Love 1