Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I thought that is the norm throughout November.

Thursday Night Football last the whole season but, I think after November it moves to NFL Network only (unless airing on local stations).

Didn't Gotham used to air on Mondays? It would have faced Monday Night Football there, although that's only on ESPN.

From Eight is Enough and Oz to Pretty Little Liars and The Leftovers, Betty Buckley has been bringing class and sass to the small screen for almost as long as she's been a Broadway legend. And now, the Tony winner, who originated Grizabella in "Cats" on Broadway, is set to make a new memory as Patricia Arias, the adoptive mother of Supergirl's villain-in-the-making, Samantha (Odette Annable).

According to The CW, the Arias women have been estranged since Sam became a teen mom and "their relationship is made all the more complex by the secrets Patricia holds." Given that Sam is actually Reign, the genetically designed, world-killing weapon we first peeped in May's season finale being sent to Earth from a cabal of hooded Kryptonians before the planet exploded, it's highly possible that one of those secrets the "honest, but stubborn" Patricia is sitting on includes the still-unaware Sam's otherworldly and lethal origins.

Buckley is set to make her first appearance in "Wake Up,' the third season's seventh episode.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So wait, Regin is just a female Doomsday?

That's the current speculation, yes. Potentially including the Legion of Superheroes coming from the future to talk up the threat factor, exactly like it was done on Smallville. It's interesting that this episode where Reign's mother appears seems to be the same episode where Mon-El and Saturn Girl are shown for the first time. I think this strengthens the theory that when the Legion will come, they are here about Reign and not about some other threat. 

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Out of all the new season promos that have been posted, the only one that makes me want to watch the show is the one for LoT. It looks ridiculous, but fun.

LOT was so much fun last season and although they give no fucks about time travel consistency or rules it doesn't matter because it fits with the crazy and goofy tone of the show and the actors make it work. So far they are also better about pairing up different characters with each other than all the other shows, probably because they're an official ensemble. Romans on Aruba, bring it on. 

• Love 6

Arrow villain Prometheus to appear in four-way crossover

Prometheus lives! Well, sort of!

EW has confirmed that the Arrow villain will appear in the four-way crossover between Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but he’s the Prometheus from Earth-X, otherwise known as Prometheus-X.

Alas, there are no plans for Josh Segarra to return as Prometheus, which raises the question: Who is under that mask? Our theory: Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne). During season 5, Arrow actually intimated that Quentin could be under the mask at one point, with Quentin himself believing he could’ve committed these crimes while blacked out. In the end, however, it was a set-up by Segarra’s Adrian Chase. Another theory: It could be Roy, as Colton Haynes recently tweeted Roy would soon return. (h/t Chancellor Agard)

• Love 1

Since Prometheus is in a way suppose to have represented Olivers worst fears of who he is I could see it being the evil version of Oliver in the crossover

Since Prometheus is in a way suppose to have represented Olivers worst fears of who he is I could see it being the evil version of Oliver in the crossover

7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

So Evil Nazi Oliver is actually Prometheus and there is no Green Arrow on EarthX? Or do you think someone else will be Green Arrow?

Hmm but this is where it gets tricky. IIRC the TVLine article indicated that Oliver, Kara, Barry and a mystery archer (Prometheus) would crossover from EarthX.

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So Evil Nazi Oliver is actually Prometheus and there is no Green Arrow on EarthX? Or do you think someone else will be Green Arrow?

I'm thinking no Green Arrow and that Evil Oliver is actually Prometheus in this time line. But I've been wrong before haha.

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm but this is where it gets tricky. IIRC the TVLine article indicated that Oliver, Kara, Barry and a mystery archer (Prometheus) would crossover from EarthX.

On the poster there are two archers on the villains' side..

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

Oh, they're actually traveling earths in this crossover?

I am assuming they are since it makes sense for them to help out The Ray then have everyone from EX travel to E1. Im thinking this is their way to get rid of the Nazi regime.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tofutan said:

I'm still really unclear on whether Sam just ignores/hides having powers (like I presume at least invulnverability and super strength) or whether those powers have to be triggered by some event. 

I think she hides it but is forced to use it to save her daughter in the premiere episode. 

I like the Arrow poster. It's much better than last year (which was a weird shot from below so you could just see straight up SA's nostrils, haha) but did it have to be so dark? 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I *love* the Legends poster! Stern Leader Sara, sorrowful Ray, a longing Martin, pensive Amaya/Nate, Jax about to kick ass, and Mick with arms outstretched anchoring the bottom like he's carrying the team on his shoulders (and is up for the challenge).

Anybody know if these are for sale anywhere??

Edited by Miss Dee
I should know the guy's name by now....
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I like the Arrow poster. It's much better than last year (which was a weird shot from below so you could just see straight up SA's nostrils, haha) but did it have to be so dark? 

It is a little dark.  Maybe they'll lighten it up a little for the finished/official version.  But yeah, I think it's great.  Best since season 1 maybe, the one with all his scars showing.  

I'm not sure I miss the cast posters or not.  I would like to see more people on the poster, but the last cast posters were a mess IMO.  If they'd do it more like Legends has, instead of the standing/walking in formation style they seemed to like, it could be good though.

I'm not sure what I think of Sara's new costume.  I know we can't see much of it, but what we can see is reminding me of something.   Some sort of Star Trekky type uniform though, from some show.  I just can't place it.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

From what I can see of it, Sara's costume looks a little bit like her old BC one, but with less of her collarbones/cleavage on display? IDK, it's just the zip in the front and the sweetheart neckline and the collar of the jacket seems a little similar, IMO. Although, is that just a low cut jacket rather than a top? I'm not sure.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Although, is that just a low cut jacket rather than a top? I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either.  It looks like one piece, that zips up the front, rather than the corset top worn alone or under a jacket/coat.

That's probably easier to get into.  I always wondered exactly how she was supposed to speedily get in and out of both that costume and the old BC one with those laces up the back. But it's still reminding me of something.  Can't put my finger on it.

Edited by Starfish35
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Do they have uniforms?  I thought in all the pics they were just wearing suits.

Maybe; I was just speculating. Her uniform looks sterile white, like the TB offices in the promo pics for the first episode.

Just saw the Inhumans.  Was Serinda Swan always that bad an actor or is the purple/red combination sapping her ability?  Why is the little guy called Maximus, and are they going to give him a mustache to twirl?  Why is Gorgon a man when there is already a Medusa on the show? Do the writers know what a meritocracy really is?  Did Ken Leong really think this was a better bet than Night Shirt? He's one of the possibly only three good actors on the show.

I would be sad if Crystal or Lockjaw died.  I don't care if any of the rest do (I was hoping the Aluna character would stay dead.)  I thought the Felicity clone was pretty bad. She shows what Felicity would have been without EBR's charm.

I think Killjoys is a better show if you're looking for people in leather with special powers.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Was Serinda Swan always that bad an actor or is the purple/red combination sapping her ability? 

Nope, I thought she was pretty good on SPN and she's putting in a good turn on Ballers as the Rock's GF. This show is bad. It's really bad.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I also liked The Orville which the critics slammed as well. 

I liked the Orville but IMO Inhumans was not good.

• Love 2

Flash's poster is nothing new but better that that all red mess from last season premiere. Arrow's if it stays that way is good, better than the last couple of seasons, especially with that awkward "Star city" angle and S4's short sleeves in anything. I liked the cast posters for Arrow and the asthetic of the wearhouse opening up to the island but I remember so many arguments about cast placement and prominence and I can't remember S3's official posters at all, what where they like?

Supergirl has joined the darkness it seems and I wish I could believe "flying solo" but with recent spoilers I highly doubt it. LOT is good if it's the final version. I'm kind of surprised no rip, although I know AD isn't a regular, he was still on the S2 poster as were newbies Nate and Amaya so I'm surprised Zari isn't there. Perhaps it isn't the final version and things will be changed around a bit now Tala Ashe is filming. I like Sara's prominence and potential new costume, much more flattering in cut and colour than that greyish halter neck , but what's up with her eyes?

I haven't seen Inhumans yet, although I probably will check it out. I am enjoying The Orville, but that is made with affection and so many reviews say this was rushed and flat.

I'm interested in seeing what the Felicity clone is like, only because it seemed obvious that they were basing the character off her to a certain extent (yes I know hot blonde geeks/geniuses aren't exactly new but still) and Lockjaw and how Medusa's hair looks in the finished product.