Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Really? Like with the dog and Shaggy etc????

Is Scooby real or animated?

Yup it's an animated episode.They already completed the voice work back in February. I hope they change Dean's hair color because he is not a blond. The cast seems really excited.they said they were practically buzzing in the recording studio. I just hope it's good.lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

.  I've never thought Arrow and Supernatural paired well but it's what they keep doing so oh well.  

Arrow and SPN have been the perfect pairing for CW.  There is very little drop between the two shows, even in S1 they had one of the best retention rates on the CW.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Yup it's an animated episode.They already completed the voice work back in February. I hope they change Dean's hair color because he is not a blond. The cast seems really excited.they said they were practically buzzing in the recording studio. I just hope it's good.lol

I think it will be, their funny episodes are usually quite well done...barring the Dean DoLittle one.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

SPN is usually pretty good when it tries something different. I liked the ep where Dean and Sam found themselves in an AU where they were actors Jared and Jensen. The black and white episode with Dracula was also pretty funny. So I'm pretty hopeful about this. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

That's incorrect. Or rather that survey may have been incorrect or lacking some information.  Supernatural cast Shoshannah Stern, who is deaf, as a hunter. Her disability was integrated into her character's story and she used sign language part of the time.

https://issuu.com/rudermanfoundation/docs/tv_challenge_auditioning___casting_/1?ff=true

This is the report here. It does say those were the castings they were able to verify, but I'm not sure how they gathered the information. 

30 minutes ago, Autistic Queer said:

This is the report here. It does say those were the castings they were able to verify, but I'm not sure how they gathered the information. 

Thanks for the link. I'm curious where you got the zero number from? Was that in the report  itself or was that your own conclusion? I couldn't see an obvious reference to the CW.

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

SPN is usually pretty good when it tries something different. I liked the ep where Dean and Sam found themselves in an AU where they were actors Jared and Jensen. The black and white episode with Dracula was also pretty funny. So I'm pretty hopeful about this. 

Yeah, I'm more optimistic than not about this. I just wonder, like I do with the Fan Fiction episode how it fits in with the whole series. I wish Arrow could do these kinds of fun one off episodes but that's probably too far out of their realm.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Thanks for the link. I'm curious where you got the zero number from? Was that in the report  itself or was that your own conclusion? I couldn't see an obvious reference to the CW.

There are tables at the back of the report. There's one with numbers who auditioned on each network compared with those hired, and another with those hired.

There are also those tables for cable/streaming. 

3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well that's interesting. I can see him doing an Olicity wedding, WA is a little odd but okay.

IDK but my first thought was 'I bet there's a fake out somewhere.' Like it two weddings, but only one sticks.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The second wedding could also be Joe West and his girlfriend, right?

Ha, I'm sure fans of the rest of the shows would find that super important.

Just now, Autistic Queer said:

I thought Sanvers split? The actress was dropped as a regular. 

Nope, they got engaged in the season finale.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

If Diggle officiates Barry's wedding....wow, what a guy. 

Barry: Digg can you officiate our wedding?
Diggle: Um no you erased my daughter from existence
Barry: Oh come onnnn it was over a year ago, let it go!
Diggle: OK

Probably how it'll go lol

• Love 13
1 minute ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

If Diggle officiates two weddings in the crossover, one of them better be Olicity's. 

I'm no Arrowverse officianado but wouldn't it be weird if it's anyone but Olicity. I know they've established relationships over the various shows, but one of the very few believable relationships for me was always Diggle's friendship with both Oliver and Felicity, wasn't Oliver his best man?  Why would it be Diggle if it's not Olicity. 

Sanvers getting married will give them their white feminist lesbian cookies. 

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Barry: Digg can you officiate our wedding?
Diggle: Um no you erased my daughter from existence
Barry: Oh come onnnn it was over a year ago, let it go!
Diggle: OK

Probably how it'll go lol

I keep forgetting they did that, and every time it's brought up I'm still, WTF?? What was the point? 

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

There are tables at the back of the report. There's one with numbers who auditioned on each network compared with those hired, and another with those hired.

There are also those tables for cable/streaming. 

12 minutes ago, Autistic Queer said:

I keep forgetting they did that, and every time it's brought up I'm still, WTF?? What was the point? 

There had to be consequences from Barry's Flashpoint fuck-up and they didn't want The Flash to be tainted.  Arrow is the Berlantiverse's whipping boy so it happened to poor Diggle.

Floriana Lima is 3/4s Italian. Does that count as non-white?

Just now, statsgirl said:

Floriana Lima is 3/4s Italian. Does that count as non-white?

She's said she's white about a dozen times but Sanvers stans will insist she's not white. She's a racist thief whose career consists of stealing roles from women of colour, hell she boasts about it. Just like Chyler Leigh boasts about asking her bosses to hire her.

They are both racist on a very very racist show with a very very racist cast and crew. I mean a black love interest is dropped and replaced by the white leads white boyfriend, for the second time in her very short career. The writers room is almost completely white and have given racist reasons for racist storylines, I mean MonEl is a slave owner, sorry 'former' slave owner. 

I need to to stop now or you'll get a full essay on their misogyny, homophobia and ableism too, and why it's particularly offensive coming from this show. 

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How did they not want The Flash to be tainted? Caitlin and Cisco suffered consequences. With a shared universe if something as big as Flashpoint happens, only seeing the effects on one show lessons the blow.

It's not a good look that only people of colour lost through it though. Caitlin only gained. 

2 minutes ago, Autistic Queer said:

I need to to stop now or you'll get a full essay on their misogyny, homophobia and ableism too, and why it's particularly offensive coming from this show. 

It's not a good look that only people of colour lost through it though. Caitlin only gained. 

How did Caitlin gain? By spending a season of turning into Jekyll & Hyde? Not being able to control her powers? Almost losing her sense of self? And the character has suffered loss in the past. Diggle didn't "suffer" a loss, they gender swapped his kid, I'd rather have Baby Sara then Diggle Jr. but it isn't nearly the same what Cisco went through and to an extent Caitlin. 

• Love 6

I assumed that MB's relationship with Chris W started after he was cast as Mon El but that kind of makes it worse.

27 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How did they not want The Flash to be tainted? Caitlin and Cisco suffered consequences. With a shared universe if something as big as Flashpoint happens, only seeing the effects on one show lessons the blow.

I know that Cisco lost his brother, and then he forgave Barry in  yet another "Barry is excused everything" moment.  Caitlin  became a metahuman but for everyone else but the woman, that's a good thing.

It just seems like of the four shows, the only one to suffer a permanent change on the show of Flashpoint is Arrow.

Edited by statsgirl
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I assumed that MB's relationship with Chris W started after he was cast as Mon El but that kind of makes it worse.

I know that Cisco lost his brother, and then he forgave Barry in  yet another "Barry is excused everything" moment.. What consequences did Caitlin suffer?

It just seems like of the four shows, the only one to suffer a permanent change on the show of Flashpoint is Arrow.

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How did Caitlin gain? By spending a season of turning into Jekyll & Hyde? Not being able to control her powers? Almost losing her sense of self?

And Cisco losing his brother is a permanent change just as much as Diggles kid getting gender swapped. Cisco went through the motions of being pissed at Barry but everyone (including Diggle) forgave Barry in the end. 

I've avoided posting about a few current subjects,  because honestly I'm blunt as fuck and don't want warning points applied to me,  deleted posts and semi stern messages are enough for me, thank you.   But I have to say this. 

In regards to that not hiring disabled performers for disabled roles.   To me that pretty much is the same debate we had a few weeks ago about the lgbt community.   These people are actors,  it's their job to become their characters,  not for them to be the characters.   I'm glad for the lgbt representation.

The same goes for my mental disorders,  depression and very mild aspergers.  I don't require the actors to actually suffer from these problems which are very real,  but I appreciate actors and writers trying to shed light on very real aspects of humanity. 

In regards to the writers not wanting lgbt/ disabled/ disordered characters,  that's very false.   Writers and shows usually try to include that,  it's the network that shuts it down.   I remember way back when BoP was on the air that the network forced the writers to focus on Huntress rather than Oracle because they were actively bothered by her being in a wheel chair.  Hollywood had gotten better about it recently,  but not much better. 

And in regards to homophobia in the arrowverse... perhaps the shows fail to present the complexity of being lgbt, poc, disabled or any other minority.   But I'm not going to accuse a universe set up by Greg Berlanti of being homophobic intentionally. 

• Love 9

Oh wait...that two weddings might be misleading. I just saw the suggestion that the WA wedding gets interrupted by the villain early on, only to get a do-over later. That sounds possible, actually. Apparently Candice Patton teased in an interview the other day that hopefully their wedding can go off without "interruptions." Hmm.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Oh wait...that two weddings might be misleading. I just saw the suggestion that the WA wedding gets interrupted by the villain early on, only to get a do-over later. That sounds possible, actually. Apparently Candice Patton teased in an interview the other day that hopefully their wedding can go off without "interruptions." Hmm.

That seems like two "ceremonies" to me. Two weddings implies two different couples, although who knows what he meant. 

He also apparently answered a OTA question when he said that from what I've seen.I seriously don't want olicity married in the crossover or anywhere near WA so I'm hoping that's not happening but it's looking more likely unfortunately.It just better not be some double ceremony,that would be so awful.

I also really don't get why Digg would officiate for WA,you'd think they would have someone from their own show to do it.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

When asked about OTA you think he'd talk about 2 WA weddings?

IDK That doesn't quite make sense to me

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

When asked about OTA you think he'd talk about 2 WA weddings?

That doesn't quite make sense to me

Yeah he was asked a question about Arrow characters from an Arrow fan- highly doubt he'd take that opportunity to talk up a show and characters he has nothing to do with.  

If there was nothing left that he could spoil about Olicity, he might answer a question about something Diggle does in the crossover.

22 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I also really don't get why Digg would officiate for WA,you'd think they would have someone from their own show to do it.

Is there anyone from The Flash to officiate?  Hopefully Joe is the second wedding and not Olicity, Wells is spoiled to be suffering from something, and Caitlin is probably part of the wedding party.  Cisco possibly but I think Diggle would be a better choice and Cisco can be best man.

I still do not want a crossover wedding though! Who can I blame for this dumb idea? *Glares*

And I'm not sure why Diggle would officiate WA's, unless something happens to whoever was supposed to do theirs originally? IDK.

I wonder when we'll find out what the crossover is actually about? Because I'm confused by the weddings and the fact that Kara and Alex are supposed to be the center of the crossover. Like, huh?

Edited by Angel12d
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe they decided that they must have the same person officiate both weddings during the crossover (for some really stupid reason?) and we should just be very, very grateful it's not going to be Ray. 

OMG. Yes. Silver lining indeed.

• Love 2