Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, tv echo said:

I hope this is true...

Bubble Watch: Latest Status Report On ‘Elementary’, ‘Exorcist’, ‘Taken’, ‘Once’, ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ & Other Series In Limbo
by Nellie Andreeva •  May 5, 2017 8:39pm
http://deadline.com/2017/05/bubble-series-2017-canceled-renewed-elementary-exorcist-taken-once-upon-a-time-agents-of-shield-1202085630/

I'm liking that The Exocist might be coming back! I enjoyed it! I'm thinking they should have a new family though as I really liked how they wrapped up the storyline for Regan and her family yet had loose ends for another season. 

Is the actor who plays Kid Flash routinely bad? Because that clip in the hospital bed is no muy bueno. How many Barrys are there, three or more? Captain Cold looks like he's having fun.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Is the actor who plays Kid Flash routinely bad? Because that clip in the hospital bed is no muy bueno. How many Barrys are there, three or more? Captain Cold looks like he's having fun.

I don't think he's really bad or anything. He's actually has kind of a countenance that makes the camera love him in a way and actually enjoys being a Flash (kind of a la Thea being Speedy in s4), but, yeah, that clip was so random and cringe-y.

Luckily, we are now dealing with only two Barrys (although who knows if future or past or time remnant Barry will show up).  

• Love 1

Wait, so SavBar wants to kill Iris because he wants to become Savitar? Every way you look at it this story does not make sense. 

Also, all I keep hearing from that clip is the men talking. I want the women of this shows stories heard as well. Like I have heard nothing from Iris since we came back from the break and that is not okay with me. 

With that said, I can't wait for to see that Savitar and Iris scene. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Also, all I keep hearing from that clip is the men talking. I want the women of this shows stories heard as well. Like I have heard nothing from Iris since we came back from the break and that is not okay with me.

Lyla is allowed to speak but that's okay, she's not a regular on this show.  And Caitlin gets to say "bye-bye".

Iris, on the other hand, is allowed no say in her own story.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Lyla is allowed to speak but that's okay, she's on a regular on this show.  And Caitlin gets to say "bye-bye".

Iris, on the other hand, is allowed no say in her own story.

As someone who loves Iris, this drives me crazy. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

As someone who loves Iris, this drives me crazy. 

I keep hoping they're going to surprise us and bring in a big moment of some sort that let's Iris take charge of her own life. 

Probably just wishful thinking though. It's a pity because I feel like the actress who plays Iris gives her a lot more depth than how she's written. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

It's a pity because I feel like the actress who plays Iris gives her a lot more depth than how she's written. 

I quite like her and it's such a shame they waste her on Flash...I think there is an opening for a reporter on Arrow. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I quite like her and it's such a shame they waste her on Flash...I think there is an opening for a reporter on Arrow. 

I honestly like that idea.  She could bring them stuff to investigate and it's not like Arrow has enough female characters either.  If Barry and Iris ever get married, Barry can commute.  :D

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Being pissed, sure, no I don't blame him. Planning on throwing his life away for momentary vengence, yes I do blame him and I think his loved ones had a right to be pissed at him as well.  And once Rachel did show him how much bigger the problem was than just Bruce's own personal tragedy, he set out to become a man that can do something about the systemic problem, which he wouldn't have done if she hadn't slapped him.  Sorrynotsorry, lol.  I know I'm probably torturing you just a wee bit.  ;)  

I keep forgetting you looove to torture me! 'wee bit' my butt. ??

Now I'm going to be nitpicky and point out, that Bruce was only 20-21 when this happened, and I'm gonna give him a pass. Hell, scratch that. Since Nolan was mostly true to the source material, and knowing how smart Bruce Wayne is, he was probably closer to 18-19. Which makes Rachel's job even more ridonkulous, unless she was supposed to be older than Bruce.??

And even though Maggie Gyllenhal is the better actress, I hated her Rachel as well; I've stated why over in the Batman Movies Thread, but don't mind repeating myself here, that she treated Bruce with contempt and something nasty that she just scraped off her shoe, so I shed no tears over what happened to her. Good Riddance, I say, despite Bruce being delusional about her. He deserved better, and no, Selina is NOT better. Someone with the initials of DP is better suited for him!?????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I keep forgetting you looove to torture me! 'wee bit' my butt. ??

Now I'm going to be nitpicky and point out, that Bruce was only 20-21 when this happened, and I'm gonna give him a pass. Hell, scratch that. Since Nolan was mostly true to the source material, and knowing how smart Bruce Wayne is, he was probably closer to 18-19. Which makes Rachel's job even more ridonkulous, unless she was supposed to be older than Bruce.??

And even though Maggie Gyllenhal is the better actress, I hated her Rachel as well; I've stated why over in the Batman Movies Thread, but don't mind repeating myself here, that she treated Bruce with contempt and something nasty that she just scraped off her shoe, so I shed no tears over what happened to her. Good Riddance, I say, despite Bruce being delusional about her. He deserved better, and no, Selina is NOT better. Someone with the initials of DP is better suited for him!?????

Lol, we've already agreed to disagree about Maggie G's Rachel.  (Which I assume you may have blocked from your mind due to your ongoing rage over her character???)

And nope, I reject that Bruce was younger than 21.  Rachel was supposed to be his age (or within a year I'd say) so when Bruce was going to shoot that guy, she had to be at least 22 given she was in law school and already an intern for the DA. There's no way she was some kind of savant that skipped grades, lol.  

That was one of the things I most disliked about BB.  Bruce was just as immature as Oliver Queen at that age. That's not the Bruce Wayne I knew.  

It's probably why I'm enjoying Gotham so much. He's been on his path since shortly after his parents died.  That kid I already buy into growing up and becoming Batman.  The Bruce in Batman Begins, not so much. But I think I might have already said Bruce was my least favorite part of the movies.  I'm still waiting for them to cast a grown up Batman I like (beyond Kevin Conroy for the animated stuff)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I love that Gotham went full on Batman Returns with Selina. Who knew that Gotham would end up being one of the better DC shows. 

Gotham has been so awesome that I'm open to how they handle this development but I HATE what Burton did to Selina in that movie. He made Catwoman a freaking zombie. Selina Kyle is my favorite DC character and I have accepted many versions but NO to the zombie. Gotham's Selina is already amazing and they've been on point with the rogues so far so I'm sure they'll do a better job but it still makes me nervous. Maybe she was injected with something while she was knocked out at Arkham last season and that's how she comes back? Then the cats can just be an homage. We'll see. 

Ivy calling Oswald Pengy and his "DO NOT CALL ME THAT!" was everything. The smartest thing this show ever did was letting the rogues interact with each other. Ed and Pengy both play off Gordon ok but they're all magical with each other. 

At this point I'm expecting Ra's to have a cameo in the season finale. They advertised Siddig yet he hasn't shown up yet. 

For what it's worth, Rachel wasn't sitting at the prosecutors table in Begins. She was sitting behind in a chair. I agree that she and Bruce were in their early twenties, with Rachel having graduated while Bruce hadn't due to various expulsions, so Rachel was likely in law school and was an intern rather than a practicing attorney. Notice that when she's a practicing lawyer she's at the table when Harvey prosecutes Maroni in The Dark Knight.  

I never had an issue with how either Maggie or Katie played Rachel (there's a UO!). My issue has always been that Rachel only existed to get fridged. She didn't serve any other purpose. Whatever anyone thinks of Selina and Talia in the Nolanverse or any other story, they have a purpose outside of their relationships with Batman. Rachel was doomed from the start. 

• Love 5
(edited)

TVLine's Ask Ausiello Live video from yesterday (May 8)...

-- Matt Mitovich said that he's "got an 'Inside Line' that he's working on... Either tonight or tomorrow morning." When asked for a preview of some of the major scoops that'll be coming, he teased: "I'll be answering a burning question about Supergirl... Oh, I got some good Black Siren stuff about Katie Cassidy's return to Arrow as Black Siren."

-- In other news, Michael Ausiello and Matt Mitovich talked a lot about whether or not Once Upon a Time will be renewed now that Jennifer Morrison has decided not to return for another season (the new season was supposed to be built around Emma, Regina, Hook and Rumple, with Snow, Charming and Henry all gone). Also, Ausiello thought that Agents of SHIELD "will most likely be renewed" but that Blindspot was "50-50." They also talked about renewal status of other TV shows.

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good Riddance, I say, despite Bruce being delusional about her. He deserved better, and no, Selina is NOT better. Someone with the initials of DP is better suited for him!?????

1000x THIS! I've been all aboard this train since JL/JLU.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Gotham has been so awesome that I'm open to how they handle this development but I HATE what Burton did to Selina in that movie. He made Catwoman a freaking zombie. Selina Kyle is my favorite DC character and I have accepted many versions but NO to the zombie. Gotham's Selina is already amazing and they've been on point with the rogues so far so I'm sure they'll do a better job but it still makes me nervous. Maybe she was injected with something while she was knocked out at Arkham last season and that's how she comes back? Then the cats can just be a homage.

Gotham hasn't done anything too magical, mostly it's been tv based "science". So I think they'll go with some science reason with Selina. She could be been exposed to something when she snuck into Indian Hill. 

I liked the homage, as long as she doesn't turn into a crazy zombie cat. I'd like if she can do some more fighting or have Tabitha teach her how to use a whip. 

• Love 1

Arrow spoilers are posted in the New Spoilers thread...

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow, Once, Chicago Fire, Elementary, Blindspot, The Flash, NCIS and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 9 2017, 9:47 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/05/09/arrow-season-5-spoilers-black-siren-returns/

Will we ever see Supergirl‘s Mon-El in a super suit? —Jen
T’would be nice to see the boy do his thing not in street clothes, and ideally by the Season 2 finale. When we delivered your Q to showrunner Andrew Kreisberg, he answered, “I can’t say right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one day you got to see that.”
File this under wishful thinking, but could there be another twist with The Flash‘s Savitar? —SSH
I don’t know if I’d call this a “twist,” but this is as good excuse as any to relay one final, fun tidbit from my set visit. As I watched them shoot Savitar’s Episode 20 warehouse convo with Killer Frost (photo, right), the speed god referred to our Barry Allen using a curious, eight-letter word — one that was eventually cut from the scene. Hmm….

(edited)
19 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol, we've already agreed to disagree about Maggie G's Rachel.  (Which I assume you may have blocked from your mind due to your ongoing rage over her character???)

I think you're right, because I'm blanking on it, and don't feel like going back to figure out where we did! BUT, I will say this: Maggie's Rachel's contempt, misplaced anger, unreasonable and I don't know, and I hate to use this word, because I love dogs, but her being a downright BITCH to Bruce/Bats, when at the end of Begins, they had that moment and there was some hope, to Dark Knight, which was, maybe a year in movie time--those characteristics were certainly given to Laurel in the first two seasons. One would think that Oliver had committed mass murder on top of intentionally killing Sara, if her actions like, turning off the news about Oliver's return and how it happened, was any indication. I remember thinking, you self-absorbed twit, you may not have any desire to hear or see anything about him, but others, who were sitting in a common area, might be, and would like to know. Just like later in the first season, how she acted as if Oliver were stalking her when she saw him in the courthouse-accusing him of following her because she works there. Hello! He was there to let the court know he wasn't dead, and last I checked, the courthouse wasn't her personal domain and property.?????????

And nope, I reject that Bruce was younger than 21.  Rachel was supposed to be his age (or within a year I'd say) so when Bruce was going to shoot that guy, she had to be at least 22 given she was in law school and already an intern for the DA. There's no way she was some kind of savant that skipped grades, lol.  

That was one of the things I most disliked about BB.  Bruce was just as immature as Oliver Queen at that age. That's not the Bruce Wayne I knew.  

Hee. I was more or less being sarcastic about that.?? I remember how Alfred indicated how Bruce was 29, I think, when he returned from his training with "Ra's" in Begins. Well of course that's not the Bruce Wayne we BOTH know, but this is Nolan after all. ?I was just so ecstatic that in a live action movie, someone FINALLY got the character right. ??Yes, the trauma of that asshat Schoemacher (spelling?) did was still in my brain!???

18 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

while Bruce hadn't due to various expulsions

Say whuuuut??? ???I don't remember that at all. He was 21 and I remember him telling Alfred he wasn't going back to Princeton, I think it was, to finish. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch to see where it was said that Bruce was expelled numerous times. Because nothing will convince me that that idiot Rachel was as smart or intelligent as Bruce Wayne.??

I'm still waiting for them to cast a grown up Batman I like (beyond Kevin Conroy for the animated stuff)

And this will NEVER happen (as far as I'm concerned) because Bruce Timm broke the mold when he and Andrea Romano hired Kevin Conroy and hired him to play Bruce Wayne/Batman. ?????????They've even said they went through at least 100 actors auditioning for the part, but not one of them was able to do what they were looking for. And Conroy convinced them when he opened his mouth and spoke. Conroy himself said he "went to a very dark place" deep inside himself and even lowered his voice and spoke from his diaphragm. In real life, his voice is more tenor than the baritone voice he gives Bats.?????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I might be misremembering but I could have sworn that Alfred implied the Princeton expulsion wasn't unusual. It's also entirely possible that I'm conflating that and Arrow. So have the showrunners so at least I'm in good company. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I might be misremembering but I could have sworn that Alfred implied the Princeton expulsion wasn't unusual. It's also entirely possible that I'm conflating that and Arrow. So have the showrunners so at least I'm in good company. 

I think you're conflating!???

But it's not a chore for me to go and check!????

Unlike Oliver, Bruce, even in the movies, was always smarter and more intelligent and cunning.

You know, to all of those that don't watch The Flash, you should reconsider.  My appreciation for Oliver and what kind of man he is has only grown exponentially as I compare him to Barry Allen. 

• Love 4

What's he done now? Surely he hasn't topped the whole wanting to kill Iris thing? I should warn hubby, he tends to rage at Barry! 

We're watching it tonight in an attempt to save AoS for dessert night! 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What's he done now? Surely he hasn't topped the whole wanting to kill Iris thing? I should warn hubby, he tends to rage at Barry! 

We're watching it tonight in an attempt to save AoS for dessert night! 

Most of the episode you'll find amusing.  It was the explanation for what happened to the time remnant (before he went evil) that ticked me off.  It's not a huge thing but just makes me question why these people are supposed to be heroes.  That and I'm still not over Barry wanting to kill Iris.  I'm going to be ticked about this storyline until next season at least. 

Edited by BkWurm1

I excused Barry for Flashpoint because I am sure my 4yo would do the same for his daddy (total Daddy's boy that one) but I can't reconcile the whole wanting to murder Iris thing. So he can be powerful!

(edited)
21 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Who is Savitar, FutureBarry or TimeRemenantBarry? Or do both FutureBarry and the time remenant go evil?

Four years after Iris is killed, Barry "creates" a bunch of time remnants that all had the same memories he did.  All but one died in the fight.  So that one, after being injured by Savitar during the big fight and shunned by Barry and everyone else he knows afterwards, (because they don't consider him real?) eventually goes evil.  Basically there was no difference between Future Barry and the time remnant except for everyone abandoning him. Really, everyone on The Flash is responsible for killing Iris. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Four years after Iris is killed, Barry "creates" a bunch of time remnants that all had the same memories he did.  All but one died in the fight.  So that one, after being injured by Savitar during the big fight and shunned by Barry and everyone else he knows afterwards, (because they don't consider him real?) eventually goes evil.  Basically there was no difference between Future Barry and the time remnant except for everyone abandoning him. Really, everyone on The Flash is responsible for killing Iris. 

Wow.  That sounds so stupid.   Like, actually painful to watch.   Is it painful to watch?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

This show was so much easier to follow vicariously through the posters watching it when there was just one Barry.

They're multiplying!?! ?Nuke it from space! Where's Felicity? 

• Love 4

It is painful to watch, but keeps the theme with Barry being the most selfish hero in the Arrowverse. I don't know how to keep thinking of him as a hero since all the bad things that happen in Central City is caused by him. 

Iris did have her once a season time do something. This time it was to remind Barry how she was always there for him when she was a 10 year old and Barry was a 6 year old. (They did a horrible job casting young Iris and Barry). She still didn't get to have a POV about her fiance killing her. She had to be there to help him through his manpain. 

• Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Really, everyone on The Flash is responsible for killing Iris. 

Hey, that's just like Rhea on Supergirl saying that everything bad that's going to happen to Earth is Supergirl's fault!

ETA:  I don't know how Candice Patton copes with that show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I seem to have a knack for coming across Felicity's crossovers to The Flash. First it was her solo visit in 103, now it was the time she came with Ray. Alas, I didn't just casually change channels to the big crossover. And my God,  I didn't even watch five minutes in total of this one, and once again I came away with the impression that Joe is a complete patriarchal prick. He forbids Eddie to tell Iris about Barry, as father trumps boyfriend in his eyes. And Eddie wants to know when that's gonna change. When he becomes her husband. Oh. My. God. All that was missing was a reference to a goat being exchanged.

• Love 7

I'm going to attribute that to decent writing and a storyline about James that depend on who can punch the hardest.

I try to ignore Joe as much as possible but it burns me when he rates highly on Best Superhero Sidekick polls because I do think he's in the negative column now that Iris and Barry have grown up. 

Barry really should be seeing a therapst because he constantly needs pep talks.  The difference between Arrow and Flash seems to be that everyone blames things on Oliver that aren't his fault and no one blames Barry even when it is his fault, or if they do like Flashpoint killing Cisco's brother, it's over in a few episodes.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The difference between Arrow and Flash seems to be that everyone blames things on Oliver that aren't his fault and no one blames Barry even when it is his fault, or if they do like Flashpoint killing Cisco's brother, it's over in a few episodes.

I think Oliver is shown struggling (prior to S5 at least) to do the right thing. Barry thinks (and is told) "I am a hero therefore everything I do is the right/good thing). He's very two dimensional in his heroic motivations. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7

HOW DID IRIS NOT FEEL ANYTHING TOWARDS A VERSION OF HER FIANCE TRYING TO KILL HER? I hate this show. why do I still watch.

Also that i fell in love with you as a kid was a total retcon of the entire first season. Also a bit icky to know youre in love with a kid essentially. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, bijoux said:

And my God,  I didn't even watch five minutes in total of this one, and once again I came away with the impression that Joe is a complete patriarchal prick. He forbids Eddie to tell Iris about Barry, as father trumps boyfriend in his eyes. And Eddie wants to know when that's gonna change. When he becomes her husband. Oh. My. God. All that was missing was a reference to a goat being exchanged.

Going along with this, has Iris ever expressed resentment that Joe is so obsessed with Barry? Or is that too close to an icky girl feeling? 

Iris is not allowed to have feelings, unless it's about how great Barry is. 

Also for everyone being so worried about Iris' death, no one actually spends time with her or talks to her. They just talk about her and what she means to them and basically ignore her when she's in the same room as them. Buy they all have time to give Barry his pep talks about what a great hero he is. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I gather they're saying Iris fell in love with Barry as a kid? Why is it icky, they were both kids?

I wouldn't say it was "icky," it just kind of felt weird the way they showed it. Iris said that they actually fell in love with each other then night Barry came to stay with them because they knew then that they needed each other or something in order to jump start Barry's memory. The weird part was that this was not set up at all and this "memory" was so out of left field. Like, I thought she was going to reference a scene from s1 or something, but she references a moment when they were children, and then randomly says that this is when they fell in love (sorry Eddie). I would slightly agree that the flashback was kind of icky because the girl playing young Iris looked 10/11 (y'know, the right age) while young Barry looked 7/8 (much younger than the kid from s1) and an Iris VO about falling in love with these two kids together as a visual was just so awkward.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I would slightly agree that the flashback was kind of icky because the girl playing young Iris looked 10/11 (y'know, the right age) while young Barry looked 7/8 (much younger than the kid from s1) and an Iris VO about falling in love with these two kids together as a visual was just so awkward.

exactly this. I think they recast the barry and iris as kids from S1 because obviously they got older but Barry looked like 6/7 and Iris looked much older. 

• Love 3