Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I'm very leery of all the male characters the Flarrowverse is adding.  Caity Lotz's Sara does the work of three people but the fact remains that LoT has two female characters (Sara and the new soldier) to six male ones.  Arrow is adding three male characters and with the loss of Laurel and adding Curtis, that means there are two female characters (Thea and Felicity) both in their 20s with Lyla recurring to Oliver, Diggle, Quentin, Curtis and Malcolm, all over 30, plus the three new men.

The Flash was a lost cause this season because the only stories Iris and Caitlin had were either propping up the many  men on the show or being a love interest. Jay Garrick or Cisco or even Wally had more of a story than Caitlin or Iris had.

I hope Supergirl at least remains female friendly. 

• Love 2

Supergirl kind of has to remain female friendly imo, although Superman will probably steal a lot of attention when he's on.

Funny that The Flash is the only one that hasn't announced any new characters, aside from that one guy who's apparently going to be hanging around the CCPD. I wonder if that has to do with however long the Flashpoint story is going to last. Maybe there aren't any new people in the early eps because it's just the cast playing other versions of themselves again.

I really want to know how long FP is going to go on for. Is that something they're going to tell us, or will they just not be able to say anything about the season at Comic-Con at all, because any information will give that away? My guess is still 2-3 episodes max, because I just don't believe they're going to spend too much time in a timeline that won't matter eventually, they still have to set up their main season arc, and it's completely obvious that however long it is, it's not going to be affecting Arrow, LoT or Supergirl in any way.

In fact, the more I think about this, the more I believe that going into this story so soon was just a flat out mistake. It's not affecting the other shows, which doesn't make sense, it's not lasting long enough to make a real impact...I think it was just a hasty decision made for a cliffhanger, and they didn't bother to think it through enough. If they wanted to do this storyline justice, they should have saved it for later on in the series and planned for it to be something that can be done right with as many characters as possible.

• Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm very leery of all the male characters the Flarrowverse is adding.  Caity Lotz's Sara does the work of three people but the fact remains that LoT has two female characters (Sara and the new soldier) to six male ones.  Arrow is adding three male characters and with the loss of Laurel and adding Curtis, that means there are two female characters (Thea and Felicity) both in their 20s with Lyla recurring to Oliver, Diggle, Quentin, Curtis and Malcolm, all over 30, plus the three new men.

The Flash was a lost cause this season because the only stories Iris and Caitlin had were either propping up the many  men on the show or being a love interest. Jay Garrick or Cisco or even Wally had more of a story than Caitlin or Iris had.

I hope Supergirl at least remains female friendly. 

LoT and Flash having only two female regulars is what they've always had, although I had hopes for awhile that might change. :(  But Arrow has gone backwards.  In season two they had four female regulars (Laurel, Felicity, Thea, and Moira, and Sara may as well have been a fifth, even if she wasn't technically a series regular) and now they're down to only two as well.  It's a little frustrating.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
(edited)

Supergirl will continue to have more female characters, their casting calls confirm that. However, they will replace (at least partly) a big part of the cast, it seems (unfortunately, probably some of the better characters, like Cat Grant and Max Lord).

I always respected Arrow for doing comparatively OK with their females compared to such comic adaptations as The Flash or Gotham, but I guess it's a thing of the past, unfortunately. I don't watch anymore, but I'm still disappointed.

Edited by FurryFury
10 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

I always respected Arrow for doing comparatively OK with their females compared to such comic adaptations as The Flash or Gotham, but I guess it's a thing of the past, unfortunately. I don't watch anymore, but I'm still disappointed.

I still think even with only two female regulars, Arrow will still do better with them than The Flash, since Felicity this year alone (even if you didn't see it) had more story than Iris and Caitlin combined while Thea already at least has setup for her own story next year (even though there's varying degrees of success the story will probably have). I've got nothing for Gotham since I haven't seen it. 

It is disappointing about the lack of female characters going into this year for Arrow in general, but I'm not as disappointed in the show as I'm in the situation the show is unfortunately in. Part of it is their own fault (having Thea and Felicity not interacting much, not having new female characters, and possibly making the big bad a male again), but part of it isn't (female recurring characters not having the schedule to become regulars, getting rid of Laurel not to decrease females on the show but to course correct the story and the stakes, and possibly trying to avoid direct comparisons with Laurel with the new types of characters that they want in the season). They're partially stuck where they are story-wise and it just paints an unfavorable picture. 

It's kind of a similar situation that LoT is in, since it's partly not their fault (Flash and Arrow didn't have many side female characters available for the show, they need to cap off the number of people just to afford all of the costs of the special effects plus the costs of having BR and VG on the show) but part of it still is (Kendra fizzled out as a character with bad storylines, not having two new females rather than having the 1940s female and the new Vixen probably be the same person). Since Sara is still an awesome overall character who still plays a significant role in the story, I'm not completely writing off the new Vixen character, but it's also somewhat of an unfavorable picture going forward. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Of course Arrow's not as bad as The Flash with females, nobody's as bad as The Flash. But in s2, for instance, it was actually really good with females! Yeah, they fridged Shado (so much hate for that), and killed Moira (at least not in a fridge-y way, and more for Thea than Oliver), but throughout the season, we had Sara, Moira, Thea, Felicity, even Laurel had her own arc (no matter how awful), plus we got Lyla and Nyssa. That was amazing. It's nice Felicity had stuff to do, but, really, she's only one character. As for Thea, I've heard nothing but complaints about her development being overshadowed by Malcolm (hope it changes, of course).

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

Of course Arrow's not as bad as The Flash with females, nobody's as bad as The Flash. But in s2, for instance, it was actually really good with females! Yeah, they fridged Shado (so much hate for that), and killed Moira (at least not in a fridge-y way, and more for Thea than Oliver), but throughout the season, we had Sara, Moira, Thea, Felicity, even Laurel had her own arc (no matter how awful), plus we got Lyla and Nyssa. That was amazing. It's nice Felicity had stuff to do, but, really, she's only one character. As for Thea, I've heard nothing but complaints about her development being overshadowed by Malcolm (hope it changes, of course).

S3 had Felicity and Laurel go through their own arcs, while also giving Nyssa, Thea, Tatsu, and Lyla snippets of their own stories and getting appearances from Waller and Donna. S4 had Felicity go through 3 of her own storylines, while giving Laurel her own arc, Thea a blood lust plot (that went nowhere, but still pushed her story for 3 separate episodes in 4a), Donna her own plot, Lyla an important story role for a few episodes, Nyssa her own role in all of her appearances, Tatsu coming back for a quick respectful scene, and even Sara a D plot in the episode before she left and Poppy appearing in every Oliver flashback barring 401 (even if she was a failed character, she still played a role in them). I agree with the fact that Malcolm tends to take over Thea's story, and I hope that changes come s5 (even though there's less support for that like my unease for the new Vixen character simply because of Kendra), but I at least still enjoy the role Thea has on the team and with Oliver and thinks she brings a unique voice to the show.

However, if we're talking about what the writers give to the female characters, like stuff to do, instead of what gets well executed, then I think Arrow is still at least trying with including their female characters and giving them their own voices and roles, even now. The only main difference now I think is that there's less female regulars, so now the show had to spend less time with them compared to s2 where 4 (really 5, counting how much Sara got) of the regulars were female.

• Love 3
(edited)

and even Sara a D plot in the episode before she left 

It was not a plot, it was a joke. Sara's resurrection turned out to be all about Laurel. Sara never got a POV or a scene with anybody except Laurel (not sure about Quentyn). 

I haven't seen anything of s3, but I followed the show (and still do), and nothing I hear made me feel like it had good writing and respect for its female characters other than maybe Lyla and Tatsu. Even many Olicity fans hate what was done to Felicity in s3 (Palmer island) and s4 (overly quick recovery from her disability, the BMD). Still, hearing they are replacing Laurel (who sucked, but still was a major female character) with 3 dudes is even worse to me.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I would love to see Sin return as a recurring character on Arrow. Teen Arrow as a whole were a fun little trio, but I particularly liked Thea and Sin together. They had the beginning of a nice little friendship and with the things we're hearing about season five with the crime boss or whatever, Sin could potentially be a good source of information as someone on the street. Or at least someone who supposedly spends more time in the Glades than the rest of the characters on the show. Surely Scream season two is almost done filming...

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

It was not a plot, it was a joke. Sara's resurrection turned out to be all about Laurel. Sara never got a POV or a scene with anybody except Laurel (not sure about Quentyn). 

I haven't seen anything of s3, but I followed the show (and still do), and nothing I hear made me feel like it had good writing and respect for its female characters other than maybe Lyla and Tatsu. Even many Olicity fans hate what was done to Felicity in s3 (Palmer island) and s4 (overly quick recovery from her disability, the BMD). Still, hearing they are replacing Laurel (who sucked, but still was a major female character) with 3 dudes is even worse to me.

I was referring to Sara in 406 where she realized that she had a blood lust to which became her motivation to leave to go to LoT in the first place. It was really small but it was something that happened to Sara and that Sara reacted to and commented on and motivated her to act, which I call a small subplot despite the fact that Sara only really shared her feelings with Laurel.

I never said that it was good writing or well executed, but I was saying that the writers were trying to give the female characters something to do and their own character roles/voices for s3 and s4. Just because it wasn't great does not mean that they weren't trying. There were still things I liked with what they did with Felicity in both s3  and s4 and with the other female characters in both seasons. Heck, on the flip side, there were some things that I did not like or think was good for the female characters in s2 (Laurel throwing the bottle at Sara, Laurel drunkingly suggesting to Oliver that he fire Felicity, Felicity, and Diggle, getting sidelined for Sara, Thea refusing to help her family, and retroactively Thea going off with Malcolm), but I still agree with you that s2 had a lot of great moments for them. Laurel's not getting replaced with the one new character that matches some of her characteristics. I was just suggesting that they might have made 2 of the new characters male to avoid people accusing them of replacing Laurel.

But I guess we can just agree to disagree. I still watch, and very much enjoy, the show, so I'll be more apt to defend it.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, FurryFury said:

Still, hearing they are replacing Laurel (who sucked, but still was a major female character) with 3 dudes is even worse to me.

I disagree with the idea that Laurel getting killed off and 3 dudes getting hired for new roles are linked. We don't really know how often they're going to appear and how big their roles will turn out to be. And as someone that's still watching the show, I'd rather they hire/write characters that will integrate well into the show rather than what they did with LL-- waste 3 seasons trying to find a way, any way, to make her work with the others.

• Love 7

^Agreed. Does it suck that there's just two women on the show? Yes. Does it suck that at the moment the new regulars are all men? Yes. Do I wish that they just wrote women right? Hell, yes. But I'd rather have less women, but at least somewhat decently written, than they  add a character that they're not going to serve well, just because.

• Love 7

Yeah, I don't really mind if one year there are more female characters and the next there are more male characters. In addition, it's only mid-June, so it's likely that there are new female characters that they haven't announced yet. They didn't even announce Curtis until SDCC last year. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Waiting for the inevitable outcry when Baby Canary is announced as major recurring character.  Or when they announce some new female recurring character that will "work closely" with Oliver in the Mayor's office.  ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I'm already braced for the female recurring character in the mayor's office. Maybe Oliver's new chief of staff? I hope they hire a Mrs. Landingham type, LOL! No, but seriously, there didn't seem to be any reaction at all to Baby Canary so I really do hope that character is not coming back. 

@SmallScreenDiva I might just forgive them the boredom of OQ mayoral candidate and now mayor if they bring on a Mrs. Landingham or Mrs. Fiderer. I'm still not really over Mrs. L leaving us so soon. But gosh darn if her funeral wasn't one of the best TV episodes ever made.

Surprisingly I think DS might excel in the role if they are able to take a little Vegas out of her wardrobe. But I think CR would kill in a similar role. Shame that CR is not as available as is probably needed.

TVlines questions of the week asked the following.

19 | Even though The CW’s terminal Beauty and the Beast isn’t a part of the Berlanti-verse, can Legends of Tomorrow add “ass-kicker” Catherine to the team for Season 2? (Kristin Kreuk’s roundhouse kicks!!!)  http://www.tvline.com/2016/06/17/orphan-black-krystal-spinoff-tv-questions-answcers/

And I must admit as a fan I would love to see KK join the Flarrowverse in any capacity. She has really come into her own as a believable actress capable for doing stunts. And as much as I love BATB, I can admit the writing has sucked for more seasons than not and she has sold ever poorly written script. She brings a believabilty and likeability to her. I find her characters endearing even in her brief role on Chuck. I never watched Smallville besides a few episodes here and there, so I can't speak for her on that show. But I believe she would be a wonderful addition as a kickass female to the Flarrowverse maybe on LoT or Flash (Iris & Sara desperately need female friends and KK excels at that now on BATB). For some reason, I don't see her as easily blending into Arrow but Quentin does need a new mentee.

• Love 1
(edited)

Unfortunately KK is too associated with Lana Lang for me.  I don't think she's a bad actress, but when I tried watching BatB, even though her character there was very different from Lana, I found that I just couldn't really get past that.  Six years of Lana Lang just left too much much of an impression.  So I would not be in favor of her joining the Flarrowverse.  Sorry. :(

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah I don't think I'll ever be able to watch KC in anything else either.  

I tried watching BatB specifically because I do think KK is a decent actress and I wanted to see her in a different role.  But....yeah.  I just couldn't get away from Lana.  And I never even really thought I hated her, not like Laurel.  But my exasperation with her storylines ran very deep, apparently.  I know it's not fair, but...*shrug* 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

I tried watching BatB specifically because I do think KK is a decent actress and I wanted to see her in a different role.  But....yeah.  I just couldn't get away from Lana.  And I never even really thought I hated her.  But my exasperation with her storylines ran very deep, apparently.  I know it's not fair, but...*shrug* 

This is the same for me with Brandon Routh and Daniel Shaw. Ugh I hated Shaw so much... 

I also don't think I'll be able to watch KC in anything ever again. My days of being her fan are long over. I've come to terms that she's actually a terrible professional actress both in terms of talent and bts stuff. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess I didn't hate Shaw that much.  I mean, I didn't like him, especially when he turned out to be evil, but it didn't really end up tainting my impression of Ray.  

Zach Quinto's Sylar, though.  I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to separate him from that character completely.  It's a problem when I'm watching the new Star Trek movies and halfway expecting Spock to start carving people's heads open. Lol. :)

I think one factor for me might be length of time.  Shaw was only in twelve episodes.  He wasn't on long enough for me to really develop that association.  With KK and KC, it's a much longer period of time. 

Edited by Starfish35
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I tried watching BatB specifically because I do think KK is a decent actress and I wanted to see her in a different role.  But....yeah.  I just couldn't get away from Lana.  And I never even really thought I hated her, not like Laurel.  But my exasperation with her storylines ran very deep, apparently.  I know it's not fair, but...*shrug* 

I tried watching BatB cause I do like KK as a person and found her fine on Chuck but I cringed and laughed in all the wrong places during the pilot.  I find her just laughably bad when she's trying for serious and tough.  So no thank you.  Seven years on Smallville with her whisper of doom is more than enough for me.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/15/2016 at 1:34 PM, tv echo said:

I wasn't sure whether to post this article here or in the Starling City Times thread, but decided to post it here because it's GB talking about all of his DCTV shows...

TV Drama Scribes Chat Social Media, Ratings, Peak TV & ‘Supergirl’ at Variety’s Night in the Writers Room
Elizabeth Wagmeister    June 14, 2016
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/variety-night-in-the-writers-room-drama-panel-greg-berlanti-supergirl-1201795796/

The above Variety article included an edited Greg Berlanti quote.  After watching the video clip in the article below, I transcribed Berlanti's full quote...

Social Media and TV: Drama Writers on How Fan Reaction on Twitter Can ‘Turn Really Dark’ [VIDEO]
June 17, 2016
https://variety.com/video/tv-social-media-twitter-drama-writers/

EDITED (quoted from article): 
“There are not a lot of middle-of-the-road attitudes on social media … they’re really passionate,” he said. “I’ve watched through the years now with Twitter in particular, people start to realize it can turn and then it can turn really dark … that’s something I think to be mindful of. Who are you telling the stories for? It’s not just for audience reaction. Something else important to be mindful of is that executives don’t use that as research. There’s a neat quality to seeing the response, but you have to gauge it appropriately.”

FULL (transcribed from video clip):  
GB: “Yeah, I've watched a lot of guys and, uh, women in the business love social media.  It's not like a theater where you can sit in the back and watch the audience have that immediate reaction, so Twitter provides that.  You're watching people - even as a fan, I'm - I'm tweeting about shows that I'm watching as a fan and I enjoy it from that perspective.  But I've watched through the years now, with Twitter in particular, I've watched people sort of go from kind of elated that they're watching this response and then they start to realize that oh, it can turn, you know, and then it can turn really dark, and then leave Twitter.  That's something to be mindful of - that, you know - who are you telling the stories for?  And, you know, it's not just about the audience reaction.  And then the other thing to be mindful of, I think, is that the executives don't take that as sort of research because it's just a very passionate, immediate kind of response to something.  There’s a neat quality to seeing the response, but you have to gauge it appropriately.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Interesting perspective, although I'm not sure I agree (even though I loved Agent Carter)...

Why Agent Carter Was The Best Superhero TV Show Of Last Year
Ally Johnson   June 19, 2016
http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/agent-carter-superhero-show-year/ 

Why? Well, because it mastered the TV superhero enemy: tone.

Yes, tone. For all of the fight choreography that Netflix’s Daredevil boasts or the awesome well of villain canon that Gotham can dip into, these shows can’t be true successes if they don’t nail down what tone they want their series to have, and nearly all of these comic based shows have dealt with this problem, even the ones that I loved.

The Flash still manages to come the closest, and while it soared in moments of levity or in moments of cathartic grief, it came to a screeching halt whenever it dabbled in “darker” elements. Similarly, Arrow began its fourth season with a sense of starting anew with more humor and a lighter touch, but quickly unraveled and became the same dragging, monotonous series it was in season three.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, meanwhile, would have been better suited if they’d stuck solely to the campy atmosphere (more of the Captain Cold, less of the Hawkgirl model), and Gotham has never been able to pick what type of mood it’s going for, jumping from over the top crime thriller, to neo noir, procedural drama to silly superheroics.
The Marvel side isn’t much better in that regard either, aside from AKA Jessica Jones. Daredevil suffers for how dreary it can be, while Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn’t so much have a tone problem as it has a charisma problem; bland and superficial, the show would benefit from any tone at all. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I never agree when people say "best" when they mean "favorite", but I do 100% agree with the tone thing. I think Agent Carter, for all of its flaws, *knew* its tone. They made an overall choice to have that specific tone, and they stuck with it, which I really appreciate. They did have the advantage of setting the tone with sets and wardrobe and soundtrack specific to that period of time, something the present time shows can't do.

Daredevil imo has a defined tone too, it's just one that I find 1. boring, and 2. repetitive. And it's kinda brilliant to me that Jessica Jones sort of took the same tone -- gritty realism of the sullen kind, but added a very interesting layer of cynicism on top of it, and IT MADE IT INTERESTING. Daredevil is downer misery porn; Jessica Jones mocks the brooding.

Flash kinda did it pretty well in season one -- they did seem to have a very very VERY specific and clear tone that they stuck with episode by episode. Season two derailed that completely. Going darker made it stupid. Arrow never really achieved a clear tone for a full season [S1 was the closest, but even then they were trying out several different things to see what stuck], but my favorite approach was the same in 201-209, then 401-409. Those two runs felt like they did have an overall tone in mind, but they threw it out in the second halves of both seasons. To my forever despair.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 12

Let's hope it's only for 301 and doesn't crossover to Arrow or I'mma be pissed! Grrrrr! Haha.

I still stand by what I said about this being a storyline that would have served a crossover. Save for LoT, the scheduling would even work with the fall premiers. You start with the Flash, then move on to Arrow, then to Supergirl.

I am just superweary about the crossover happening mid-season this year. They are basically tonally off for the shows and either have no lasting impact on ongoing storylines (last year) or a really sucky one (this year). So personally, I would prefer it not stopping the forward momentum come December. I am, however, aware that they are used as a ratings boost, so there's no escaping that.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Let's hope it's only for 301 and doesn't crossover to Arrow or I'mma be pissed! Grrrrr! Haha.

SA is the only one that would have gotten the script early.  The rest should get the script by end of this week or early next week.

Netflix, CW Near Deal That Accelerates Streaming Window as Hulu Ends In-Season Pact (EXCLUSIVE)

Netflix, meanwhile, has stepped up the financial terms of its output deal in order to speed up the arrival of the shows on the SVOD giant. Previously, CW series came to Netflix after a months-long wait, usually timed to land a week or two before the start of a new season for continuing series.

The total pricetag of the deal is tricky to estimate for Netflix because it involves so many shows and variables such as escalators that kick in depending on how long a series has been on the air and how it performs. But it is sure to rank as one of the largest output deals in the SVOD arena to date with value that could exceed $1 billion. The deal is believed to run five years, with a tail that gives Netflix access to the CW library for several years after each series ends its run on the network. The deal covers domestic rights to the shows, not the vast expanse of Netflix’s worldwide footprint.

The deal also marks the closest window Netflix has ever secured to the in-season period for primetime entertainment series, and less than a year after CEOs of several media conglomerates publicly indicated they were going to toughen their licensing strategies with subscription VOD services that were arguably cannibalizing linear ratings. “We are evaluating whether to retain our rights for a longer period of time and forego or delay certain content licensing,” Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes told investors on an earnings call last November.

That said, the CW-Netflix pact may end up an outlier to an otherwise increasingly conservative next wave of licensing deals between streaming services and conglomerates, many of whom are focusing more on their own streaming extensions.

CBS Corp. and Warner Bros., which produce the vast majority of CW’s primetime series, led the negotiations. The CW’s studio partners came back to the table this time around with a stronger hand compared to five years ago, thanks to CW’s growth under president Mark Pedowitz. Netflix’s willingness to step up for earlier post-season access to the shows reflects the sizzle CW has generated with its fleet of DC Comics-branded superhero shows, notably “The Flash” and “Arrow,” and buzzy critical darlings “Jane the Virgin” and “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.”

From Hulu’s perspective, however, the CW in-season rights were not worth the pricetag to renew unless it came with stacking rights to all episodes — something that surely would have been a non-starter for CW and Netflix. From Hulu’s perspective, sources said, the vast majority of viewing was delivered only by CW’s two highest-rated shows: “The Flash” and “Arrow.” Moreover, fans of those two shows frequently lodge complaints with Hulu about the limited five-episode selection.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/netflix-cw-output-deal-the-flash-hulu-1201799176/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SA is the only one that would have gotten the script early.  The rest should get the script by end of this week or early next week.

I would have expected that as well if I hadn't seen that Candice Patten got the Flash 301 script.two days ago. It was surprising, but there it is.

52 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I would have expected that as well if I hadn't seen that Candice Patten got the Flash 301 script.two days ago. It was surprising, but there it is.

I don't know that that means anything, Flash may have different rules in place.  Arrow traditonally only sends the first script out about 1-2 weeks before the production begins.

• Love 1
(edited)
So I guess it's okay to diverge from the source material if it's The Flash...

There's some speculation that Flashpoint could merge multiple universes into one timeline, thereby bringing Supergirl into the Arrowverse...
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/will-jsa-help-barry-reset-flashpoint-timeline-4-way-flash-arrow-supergirl-legends-541354

It’s unclear at this point if just The Flash will be affected by the events of Flashpoint. Personally, I’d find it to be quite a cop-out for the rest of the Arrowverse to remain completely unaffected. The CW’s smartest move would be to use Flashpoint as a way to introduce Supergirl's Earth to the rest of Arrowverse in a way similar to the comics, by merging multiple universes into one timeline. Supergirl could even take on the identity of her counterpart, Power Girl, who happens to be quite an important Justice Society member. Thanks to Entertainment Weekly’s ‘Spoiler Room’ column, we know this thought has at least crossed the creative team’s mind.

Here's the EW Spoiler Room article that's referred to above...
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/08/spoiler-room-blindspot-outlander-originals-spoilers

Is there a Kara Danvers on Earth-1? Could we meet her on The Flash? — Timothy
Yes, but … “Any Kara that exists on Earth 1 would also have to have been an alien,” says EP Andrew Kreisberg. “It can’t just be Kara Danvers from Poughkeepsie.” Does that mean she could be a potential super (or maybe a power) girl on his Earth, too? “Sure, different costume, but sure,” Kreisberg adds.   

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Candice was probably sent the script since she is in Europe doing promo in June

I'll bring this over on the BTS thread.

Edited by looptab
(edited)

The WB PR machine of trying to convince randos that the JLA movie will REALLY be fun, and this time they mean it too, they promise! has officially stared:

‘Justice League’ Set Report: How Zack Snyder is Attempting to Rescue a Franchise
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/justice-league-ben-affleck-zack-snyder-batman-v-superman-1201691050/

Still LOL. This will never not be LOL forever.

eta: well, the embargo lifted, so the articles are just gonna keep on coming. Vulture is fun:

Zack Snyder Faces His Haters on the Set of Justice League
http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/zack-snyder-set-justice-league.html

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

This section from the Vulture article made me laugh:

“When Batman v Superman came out, I was like, ‘Wow, okay, oof,’" admitted Snyder. At Comic-Con to promote the film last summer, he wore a tight black T-shirt pulled over his muscular frame, but on Justice League’s Leavesden, England, set, the now-slighter Snyder was dressed in a tweedy vest and tie, his reading glasses dangling from a lanyard

What a random bit of info to throw in there. 

• Love 8

I really liked the part about the red on Wondy's costume being congealed blood from everyone she's ever killed. That tells me everything I need to know about the folks involved in making these films "fun".

• Love 8