Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

My baby Nightwing is coming to TV. Does it seem like these creators are spreading themselves too thin? 

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/390631-teen-titans-series-to-shoot-pilot-next-year

It's not by the Arrow/Flash team though...unless I misread..

Flash was SO GREAT. I'm already on board the Iris/Barry train but now I'm the flipping conductor. 

I like that Iris (and Eddie) is (are) interacting with the Star Labs group more often...minus Wells for Iris. 

I still think Danielle is the weak link of the acting chain.

• Love 1

When universes collide...

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Clark Gregg Would Love To Do A Crossover With Arrow’s Stephen Amell 
By Joe Comicbook 12/09/2014  
http://comicbook.com/2014/12/08/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-s-clark-gregg-would-love-to-do-a-crossover/

Self-Proclaimed ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Fan Al Pacino Has Met With Marvel
by josh wigler 12/8/2014
http://www.mtv.com/news/2019212/al-pacino-marvel/

Edited by tv echo

Comparing The Flash midwinter finale and the Arrow midwinter finale...

Even though I prefer Arrow to The Flash as a show, I have to admit that the Arrow finale was worse than the Flash finale.  The Flash episode was tightly scripted and all the characters seem to be part of the same show - connected in some way even though some of the characters (Iris, Eddie) don't know that Barry is the Flash.  The Arrow episode seemed like three different TV shows roughly edited together to fit into one hour - the Oliver/Ra's plot, the Lance family drama, and the Ray Palmer/ATOM origin story.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

I figure this is the safest place to put this. There is a lot of speculation about how Oliver comes back from the events of the mid season finale. Since the show runners seem determined to cram as many other superheroes as they can onto Oliver's own show, he will (somehow) land in the water and be saved by Aquaman, who deposits him on the shore of Themyscira so he is nursed back to health by Wonder Woman. Big Barda happens to be visiting at the time and sends Oliver home via boom tube but he instead lands in Bludhaven where he teams up with Nightwing. Unable to raise the Arrowcave (because Laurel somehow burned it and Verdant to the ground while he was gone) Oliver instead calls Central City, only a mixup in the time space continuum brings the Wally West, Bart Allen and Jay Garrick versions instead of Barry. Oliver finally makes it back to Starling to discover Palmer has been bought out by Luthor.

In one episode.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 8

I enjoyed how Barry basically ignored all of Oliver's love advice from last episode in Flash's mid season finale. Good work Barry. Ignore Oliver on matters of the heart. Also, he took Felicity's advice from 1.04 that telling Iris how he feels may not be a bad thing - even if it changes their relationship. Well done. Felicity - superhero advice giver extraordinaire. Oliver - love idiot. I don't think it was the greatest timing in Barry's part, but that was actually an emotionally healthy thing to do - she did ask after all.

• Love 5

I'm not going to deny and say romance and relationships in general (platonic or not) don't usually draw me into huge superhero movies/shows like Arrow. So it really pisses me off when people say "get that (enter ship name) shit off of my television, this is a superhero show". This honestly baffles me because I don't really know any superhero movie/show where the hero doesn't have a love interest. 

Do you guys know of any? 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

I'm not going to deny and say romance and relationships in general (platonic or not) don't usually draw me into huge superhero movies/shows like Arrow. So it really pisses me off when people say "get that (enter ship name) shit off of my television, this is a superhero show". This honestly baffles me because I don't really know any superhero movie/show where the hero doesn't have a love interest. 

Do you guys know of any? 

No. Superman must have his Lois Lane, Tony Stark his Pepper Potts, Steve Rogers his Bucky Barnes (kidding, only not). If the superhero makes it to the movies, he gets a love interest, even, as they did with Tony, they have to create a LI out of a platonic friend. The audience expects it. I have no idea what superhero movies/tv shows someone's watching where there's no romance. Perhaps the one that's happening in their head.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 1

Avengers seemed pretty light on romance - the love interests for Tony Stark and Thor were cameoed/mentioned, and I guess if you squinted really hard you could see something between Hawkeye and Natasha Romanov, though that's debatable. The romance in Kick-Ass was very sidelined since the main heroine was 11, and the film didn't really focus on the other romance between Kick-Ass and whatever her name was. Tank Girl was very light on the romance (depending upon how you read it) but initially tanked at the box office (sorry), so isn't something Hollywood is going to copy. 

That's about it for films; if Wikipedia is right, because I can't remember, even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a romantic plot line, just not involving the turtles. It's pretty standard for superhero/action films, even if the romance in question changes each film (hi, James Bond!) 

Television is somewhat different. The original Batman series really didn't have a single love interest, despite the occasional Catwoman appearances. Nor did Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, although I suspect I'm the only person on this forum who remembers that one. Most of the 1970s superhero cartoons left out the romance, as did Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends which was pretty popular back in its day.  I'm not sure those are great examples, though, since all of them were aimed at a pretty young audience.  The ones aimed at an older, teenage or adult audience - Buffy, Angel, Smallville, Heroes - all had romantic plot lines.

Nor did Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, although I suspect I'm the only person on this forum who remembers that one.

No, you're not. Somewhere in the back of my mind I can kind of remember the theme song.

And love interests are part of superheroes, comics or otherwise. Though I think someone saying "get that (enter ship name) shit off of my television, this is a superhero show" is fine since it just means that person isn't interested in seeing it. I mean all things considered I personally am far more interested in seeing Oliver putting on the hood and fighting people than going on a date with Felicity, but that's just me.

I mean all things considered I personally am far more interested in seeing Oliver putting on the hood and fighting people than going on a date with Felicity, but that's just me.

I don't think it's just you.  The strongest part of Arrow is usually the action/stunt stuff, and I suspect many people are tuning in just for that, not the romance plots.

Avengers seemed pretty light on romance - the love interests for Tony Stark and Thor were cameoed/mentioned, and I guess if you squinted really hard you could see something between Hawkeye and Natasha Romanov, though that's debatable. The romance in Kick-Ass was very sidelined since the main heroine was 11, and the film didn't really focus on the other romance between Kick-Ass and whatever her name was. Tank Girl was very light on the romance (depending upon how you read it) but initially tanked at the box office (sorry), so isn't something Hollywood is going to copy. 

That's about it for films; if Wikipedia is right, because I can't remember, even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a romantic plot line, just not involving the turtles. It's pretty standard for superhero/action films, even if the romance in question changes each film (hi, James Bond!) 

Television is somewhat different. The original Batman series really didn't have a single love interest, despite the occasional Catwoman appearances. Nor did Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, although I suspect I'm the only person on this forum who remembers that one. Most of the 1970s superhero cartoons left out the romance, as did Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends which was pretty popular back in its day.  I'm not sure those are great examples, though, since all of them were aimed at a pretty young audience.  The ones aimed at an older, teenage or adult audience - Buffy, Angel, Smallville, Heroes - all had romantic plot lines.

The Avengers movie was light on romance, but the comics certainly haven't been. I can't think of many comic books at all that have been published by Marvel or DC, which haven't had romantic plotlines. It's always been a big part of the Superhero myth that there is a girl to save, or to win. 

Romance is a part of drama, it's really not much more complicated than that. It's about emotion and passion, about the human condition. And purported entertainment that doesn't deal with those things? That's not really entertainment. Sure, you have those dry procedurals that are more interested in fake science and super smart people, but I have never had even the slightest interest in any of them. If people are looking for that kind of dryness, then they can be damned sure they won't find it on a comic book based TV show.

Big fight scenes and complicated stunts bore the piss out of me, quite frankly. There's nothing to connect with, there. No character, no nuance, just two (or more) people going through a carefully choreographed sequence designed to impress the audience. Same as a big splash page in a comic book. Just the artist/director showing off his or her technical abilities. Big whoop. Give me characters, please. Give me relationships, whether romantic or platonic. Without those, your product is not worth my time.

And for those who like the stunts and action more than the characters, ask yourselves, would you still be watching if Oliver had never let Diggle or Felicity into his secret, and was still waging his one man crusade of solitude and stoic monologues? I know I wouldn't have made it past the mid-point of season 1. Sadly, the writers have still cocked it all up and forced me to switch off anyway, but that's more down to their inability to not be idiots.

• Love 8

Most of the 1970s superhero cartoons left out the romance, as did Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends which was pretty popular back in its day.

I've been watching the series again recently and while the romance might not be front and center, there was definitely romance going on. There was some subtextual love triangle stuff between Bobby/Angelica/Peter and there were several episodes where one of the 3 went out on a date that tried to kill them, needed to be rescuded, or wacky high jinks trying to hide superhero identities while stopping the bad guy.

Oh, I don't mind romance in my superhero. I'm perfectly fine with the flirting and dating and sexing and everything, it's just not the primary reason I watch a show like Arrow. Back in the day, Lois and Clark was all about the romance, the Superman stuff was secondary, but I knew that going in from the title and I enjoyed the hell out of that show...until the least season, but I digress. As for general character interaction, I do think it's necessary for a show to be any good. I don't think anyone would have ever been too fond of Arrow if every ep was a solid forty five minutes of a guy in a green hood flipping around rooftops shooting people with arrows. Certainly I want to see Oliver interacting with Diggle and Felicity, I want to see what Malcolm is up to, I want Sara and Nyssa flirting which I am now forever denied :(  I just happen to like the action too.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 3

Oh, I don't mind romance in my superhero. I'm perfectly fine with the flirting and dating and sexing and everything, it's just not the primary reason I watch a show like Arrow. Back in the day, Lois and Clark was all about the romance, the Superman stuff was secondary, but I knew that going in from the title and I enjoyed the hell out of that show...until the least season, but I digress. As for general character interaction, I do think it's necessary for a show to be any good. I don't think anyone would have ever been too fond of Arrow if every ep was a solid forty five minutes of a guy in a green hood flipping around rooftops shooting people with arrows. Certainly I want to see Oliver interacting with Diggle and Felicity, I want to see what Malcolm is up to, I want Sara and Nyssa flirting which I am now forever denied :(  I just happen to like the action too.

That's understandable. A fair balance of all the elements that make a show worth watching is what you want, ideally. Too much of one and it can become too soapy, too much of another and it can become brainless spectacle. If you do it really well, you can have action scenes that actually inform character and relationships.

This show has occasionally found that balance, and produced some really good television with it. Sadly, it's a rarity. And yes, seeing Sara and Nyssa flirt up a storm, either while hanging about in a bar or while fighting a dozen bad guys? Would have been great to see. Sadly, Sara was the Wrong Canary. I'm so annoyed that we will never see them as a happy, sexy couple. And I'd have loved to see Nyssa invited to meet the folks, in a less 'I'm going to kill them because you left me' kind of way.

I prefer romance  to be secondary as well.  I watch Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action, Comicbook shows to be about the action, teams, fighting, special effects, etc.  However, I understand romance is a part of any good drama and I've never read a comic that didn't have romance/dating etc as a component.  

S1 Grimm was utterly refreshing (to me) in that the show started with Nick/Juliette in a long standing relationship, there was no real angst or dedication to the relationship.  However, many fans found that relationship boring and I think the show responded to those complaints by adding the Juliette amnesia storyline in S2 to add angst/drama to the Nick/Juliette relationship.  However, this only raised complaints because Bitsie Tulloch is a weak actress and wasn't capable of handling the dramatic aspects of that storyline (IMO).

I think producers have to walk a line, they need to include the romance but not overwhelm the show with it.  Unfortunately shows very often fail to find the balance, even BSG failed in the romance department; they got it totally right with Adama/Roslin and Helo/Athena and totally wrong with Starbuck/Apollo/Dee/Anders (IMO).

I think Arrow showed that it could do romance perfectly (for me) with the way Olicity was written in the crossover...it was just there, they acted like a married couple, no muss no fuss, minimal angst/drama that supports the bigger storyline while not detracting from it.  Flash is pushing all the wrong buttons (for me) with the Barry/Iris and to take a step back, I think Chloe/Oliver on Smallville was also kind of perfect.  I think shows tend to get secondary character romances better (although not always) because there isn't this pressure of being epic/iconic so they don't throw all the angst/drama/stupidity their way.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I haven't watched Spider-Man and Friends in years so I forgot all that, but it's not surprising: pretty much all of those 80s cartoons had some sort of light romance going on, including that sorta creepy stuff going on with The Smurfs.

I haven't watched Spider-Man and Friends in years so I forgot all that, but it's not surprising: pretty much all of those 80s cartoons had some sort of light romance going on, including that sorta creepy stuff going on with The Smurfs.

I loved that cartoon as a kid...I was shocked when I found it online recently.  Surprisingly enough, it holds up fairly well, especially considering what it was...sadly many shows from that time do not (finding Star Blazers a few years back was rather disappointing)

BTW - If I hadn't just started re-watching them, I wouldn't have remembered it either.  All I remember prior to the re-watch was the Firestar and Iceman origin episodes, the X-Men episodes (with an Ausi Wolverine...WTF was that about?) Aunt Mae's dog and the opening credits.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I kinda think that one of the goals of the crossover was to get people who watch The Flash to tune into Arrow (and vice versa), but I can't imagine that many new viewers that Arrow gained from the crossover stuck around during The Climb.  The episode was kind of a mess with the jumping around from Oliver climbing the mountain, to 48 hours earlier, to Hong Kong flashbacks.  Then there was the Ray and Laurel stuff which basically served little purpose.  It makes me angry that this show launched The Flash, but it's the existence of The Flash that has turned this show to shit.  I honestly believe that if Berlanti and Kreisberg (plus whatever writers they took with them) were still around, we'd be watching a very different show right now. 

• Love 6

David Ramsey made an off hand comment about Kreisberg in his panel yesterday: "he's busy with the Flash, and getting that show off the ground", which yeah, heavily implied Kreisberg is not that involved with Arrow right now.

As far as I can tell, they didn't take any Arrow writers to Flash permanently. Well, Ben Sokolowski co-wrote the Flash half of the crossover, but Grainne Godfree co-wrote the Arrow part, so they had one writer from each show cross over. And sure, Geoff Johns wrote a couple of Arrow episodes, but he definitely wasn't a daily fixture of the Arrow writers room.

But now he is on Flash. Or, if not daily [he is the CCO of DC Comics after all], he is surely way more involved in the breaking of the characters arcs over on Flash, for obvious reasons: not only he's written A LOT of Flash comics, but the entire Flashpoint arc, which the show seems to be heavily based on, was his creation. And one thing Johns knows how to do is write for character instead of plot.

They have another writer on Flash, Jaime Paglia, who gives the show another advantage: Paglia was the creator, and co-showrunner of the show Eureka. And if you guys watched that, you can see the similarities in the set up of STAR Labs and Global Dynamics: a group of scientists who solve weekly wacky hijinks! by using extrapolated SCIENCE! fiction. Flash and Eureka are obviously not the same show, but they have a lot of thematic similarities, and they're obviously using Paglia's experience here.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

I kinda think that one of the goals of the crossover was to get people who watch The Flash to tune into Arrow (and vice versa), but I can't imagine that many new viewers that Arrow gained from the crossover stuck around during The Climb.  The episode was kind of a mess with the jumping around from Oliver climbing the mountain, to 48 hours earlier, to Hong Kong flashbacks.  Then there was the Ray and Laurel stuff which basically served little purpose.  It makes me angry that this show launched The Flash, but it's the existence of The Flash that has turned this show to shit.  I honestly believe that if Berlanti and Kreisberg (plus whatever writers they took with them) were still around, we'd be watching a very different show right now.

I'm not angry that they launched The Flash, but I agree with you that Arrow's quality definitely suffered once AK and GB shifted their focus over to The Flash and that annoys me because while I love both shows, my loyalty is to Arrow--the show that made The Flash a possibility. I want the show I love to be better than what it has been this season because I know it can be. That being said, I never thought that the crossover would get that many Flash viewers to watch Arrow since most people had already watched Arrow and made a judgment about it long before now. It's very hard to change someone's mind once that judgment is made and that includes the ones who were faithful Arrow watchers but have fallen away for whatever reason. I personally had that happen with AoS. I keep hearing how great it is now, but I'm still not over how bored I was when it first premiered. Back then I gave it 5 episodes and then I just couldn't take it anymore. Maybe one day when I'm to the bottom of the long list of shows I need to catch up on I'll decide to give it another go.

If people have only ever watched The Flash then they're likely not going to be able to see a S3 Arrow episode and be able to fully understand where Oliver is coming from. In reading some of the reaction to the Arrow side of the crossover, I've seen a lot of Flash-only viewers remark that the darker tone is too depressing. They're used to seeing the hero be like Barry Allen. In fact, that's what most superhero types on TV are like so I'm sure seeing a broody Oliver Queen whose life has been defined by a lot of torture, suffering, and death is pretty jarring. I don't doubt that Oliver will eventually grow into a more optimistic hero, but the whole series is about his journey to get there and that's a completely different trajectory than over on Barry's show.

The other advantage The Flash enjoys (besides a lighter tone and a much more popular comic book hero) is that it isn't as likely to fall into the same trappings that Arrow fell into in its first 2 seasons. The EPs have admitted that very thing. The Flash won't have nearly the same problem of losing viewers as Arrow did because the showrunners learned what works vs. what doesn't with the audience. Does that suck for Arrow? Absolutely, but that's the price it had to pay for being the pioneer series.

I can't begrudge or worry about how much more viewership/ratings one show has over the other because I don't think WB or DC obsess about it either. Of course The CW lives or dies by ratings and I'm sure The Flash is their darling right now but I don't doubt for one second that they appreciate what Arrow has allowed them to do as a network. In DC/WB's case, I'm sure Arrow opened the door for more DC properties on TV beyond Superman than they thought they could ever have 5 years ago, so I have my doubts that they would see the show as inferior to The Flash.

I agree with you that the show would be different if Berlanti and Kreisberg were around more, but who really knows how much? I do think that it's pretty obvious either one or both of them are better at giving the show heart and character development beyond what Guggenheim is capable of. It's clear when comparing S3 to the ones before it. However, even with more AK & GB involvement I think we would still see Laurel transition to BC and the influx of more costumed heroes "because COMICS!". I just think the storytelling wouldn't be quite as unfocused, inconsistent, and rushed. I don't want The Flash to go away...I just want Arrow to be a quality show and I don't feel like I'm getting it this season.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 5

They have another writer on Flash, Jaime Paglia, who gives the show another advantage: Paglia was the creator, and co-showrunner of the show Eureka. And if you guys watched that, you can see the similarities in the set up of STAR Labs and Global Dynamics: a group of scientists who solve weekly wacky hijinks! by using extrapolated SCIENCE! fiction. Flash and Eureka are obviously not the same show, but they have a lot of thematic similarities, and they're obviously using Paglia's experience here.

That's interesting because both AK and Drew Greenburg (who wrote for Arrow s1 and 2 and is now at AoS) worked on Warehouse 13, which was Eureka's sister show.

I don't know if it's the writing or the show-running, but in spite of the EPs saying that they looked at what they did wrong and right in s2, Arrow seems to be making the mistakes of 2B.  AK working on the Flash and Berlanti with Supergirl and Mysteries of Laura probably have something to do with it.

This honestly baffles me because I don't really know any superhero movie/show where the hero doesn't have a love interest.

Adam West's Batman had rotating love interests, although maybe that was a sign of 60s TV.

DR said in that panel that when they were shooting the pilot, there was a lot of pressure (esp. on SA) because they were trying to do something that hadn't been done before on TV and everyone was comparing their show to Smallville, while they were really inspired by Nolan's Batman.

While I don't want to see a Smallville 2.0, I think they miscalculated in trying to model Arrow too much on Nolan's Batman movies.  There's a difference between going to see a dark-themed superhero movie in the theatres once or twice a year and tuning in every week to see a dark-themed superhero TV show.  Like many people, I have a lot of stress in my real life and I watch TV for entertainment and enjoyment.  While I enjoy darker shows mixed in with lighter shows for my TV viewing, there's dark and there's too dark.  I don't want to watch TV to become sad and depressed every week.  Arrow has had too many deaths of characters I liked (Tommy, Shado, Moira, Sara).  Oliver is being made into too much of a doomed and martyred character who can never be happy - that has to change.

I also watch Gotham and enjoy it even though it is a dark show.  However, it has spots of humor and small victories.  I also know that Bruce Wayne will grow up to become Batman and defeat the bad guys.  I know Jim Gordon will survive to become Commissioner Gordon and retain his decency.  On Arrow, I don't know anything anymore.  Oliver is so different from the comics' Green Arrow, his story is different, the other characters are different, even the Green Arrow comic book canon is being revised as the series progresses (esp. in introducing John Diggle and the new version of Felicity Smoak).  So I don't know if the EPs will end up with Oliver living happily ever after or dying in a blaze of glory.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Actions and fight scenes add excitement to superhero movies.  But relationships - romances, bromances, and familial - are at the heart of the superhero movies that I enjoy.

The Avengers didn't really have room or time for romance.  It was difficult enough to allocate enough screen time to all of the disparate superheroes in one movie.  However, I think the heart of that movie was not romance, but bromance.  Like the classic romance, the superheroes meet and immediately can't stand each other.  They are forced to work together and reluctantly develop trust and respect for each other, before eventually becoming close allies and friends. 

The Avengers also didn't need romance because each superhero had romance in their respective individual movies.  Tony Stark had an eventual romance with Pepper Potts and a bromance with Rhodey.  Thor had a romance with Jane Foster, bromances with the Warriors Three & Lady Sif, and conflicted familial relationships with his father Odin and his 'brother' Loki.  Steve Rogers had a romance with Peggy Carter (incipient as it was), a beginning bromance with Sam Wilson, and a tragic bromance with Bucky Barnes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Viola Davis Reportedly Cast As Amanda Waller In Suicide Squad

Well, holy shit. If this is true, and they are able to work around Viola's schedule on How To Get Away With Murder, then my interest in the Suicide Squad movie just skyrocketed. I was already curious about Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and Will Smith as Deadshot but Viola as Waller? The Wall might finally be someone I can love to watch again, instead of Arrow's take who I keep alternating between being annoyed and indifferent to (sorry, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, but your portrayal just doesn't cut it).

• Love 2

I posted these in The Flash spoiler thread, but did you guys see that

Peyton List (from The Tomorrow People) is joining the show as Leonard Snart's younger sister, and Nicholas Gonzalez (from Sleepy Hollow) is joining as Cisco's older brother. Peyton List was kind of the Laurel of The Tomorrow People. Ugh!

What is Batman doing in the Magic Mike one? Love that he keeps the mask on while everyone else doesn't. 

Oh, Bruce.

I don't know what he's supposed to be doing but the artist based it off the MM DVD cover, and that's what McConaughey is doing. Also it's now my laptop background. :)

ETA: www.imdb.com/media/rm31893760/tt1915581 --why isn't my link working?

Edited by Trini

I posted these in The Flash spoiler thread, but did you guys see that

Peyton List (from The Tomorrow People) is joining the show as Leonard Snart's younger sister, and Nicholas Gonzalez (from Sleepy Hollow) is joining as Cisco's older brother. Peyton List was kind of the Laurel of The Tomorrow People. Ugh!

I don't understand why

they are bringing the weakest actors from The Tomorrow People (Peyton List, Robbie Amell) into The Flash cast.  Why not import that guy, Luke Mitchell, who I thought was the strongest and most charismatic actor on TTP?

• Love 4

I don't understand why

they are bringing the weakest actors from The Tomorrow People (Peyton List, Robbie Amell) into The Flash cast.  Why not import that guy, Luke Mitchell, who I thought was the strongest and most charismatic actor on TTP?

Luke Mitchell is filming another series. Also, with this bunch, they're probably still butt-hurt that he was the one the audience liked instead of their precious little Laurel wannabe.

• Love 4

I think Peyton could work as a villain. She failed as a hero on Tomorrow People because just like Katie Cassidy, she cannot do nice and caring which her character required her to be. The fact that she cheated on her boyfriend with a high school kid also did nothing to endear her to the audience. She would be okay in a smaller, few episode long villainous arc, it was her being front and centre and being the object of affection of two men that rankled the audience.
If only Arrow realize the same about Laurel and make her a villain because KC just cannot do heroic and nice.
Ps: I so wanted Luke Mitchell to be Felicity's love interest when they first announced the character, I still think he would've been great and a lot less stalkery as Ray Palmer.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 5

Interesting...

The Top 5 Reasons Why DC Universe May Have A Shot At Beating MCU In The Future

by David Corinne Barnett ⋅ Posted on December 20th, 2014 at 12:40am

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/20/the-top-5-reasons-why-dc-universe-may-have-a-shot-at-beating-mcu-in-the-future-2529310?lt_source=external,manual

Wishful thinking, by the look of it. And also, I think each one of those reasons could easily be applied to the DC movies that are in the pipeline. I just do not believe in DC as a company that makes movies. What little track record they have is either bad or rooted in the creative vision of a guy who is not involved in the movies they're now making.

• Love 1

That seemed like a really biased argument. I love the whole Marvel sold out to Disney and now Disney will destroy Marbel by turning everything into "Disney friendly". Which is hysterical because as we've seen from other articles Disney Cartoons alcan be very dark and violent. I also loved that Marvel sold out to Disney but no comment on WB owning DC...WTF?

That seemed like a really biased argument. I love the whole Marvel sold out to Disney and now Disney will destroy Marbel by turning everything into "Disney friendly". Which is hysterical because as we've seen from other articles Disney Cartoons alcan be very dark and violent. I also loved that Marvel sold out to Disney but no comment on WB owning DC...WTF?

Yeah, Disney's owned Marvel ever since the beginning of the MCU, and hasn't destroyed them yet, so. . .

• Love 2

I do adore JustSomeRandomGuy.  How hilarious is Spidey with mouse ears? 

I think Disney has done mostly just what it said, poured money into the franchise without interfering much but their acquisition did come with consequences.  Only Disney owning the rights to Marvel can explain why I have watched a Phineas and Ferb crossover with the Avengers.  Both hilarious and highly disturbing. 

Now the Phineas and Ferb crossover with Star Wars, that actually made a lot of sense. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

'Ant-Man’ Evangeline Lilly talks Hope Van Dyne
James Marriott  December 18, 2014
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20141218/ant-man-evangeline-lilly-talks-hope-van-dyne/

Star Wars: The Force Awakens J.J Abrams cast and crew say thanks on video
James Marriott  December 19, 2014
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20141219/star-wars-the-force-awakens-j-j-abrams-cast-and-crew-say-thanks-on-video/

Edited by tv echo

Episode 6 of Gotham ("Spirit of the Goat") introduced a female character named Kristin Kringle (played by Chelsea Spack), who's a blonde, bespectacled file clerk.  There's fan speculation as to whether she turns out to be a DC character, but I was just struck by her appearance...

tumblr_nef4u25cI11qjod8to4_500.gif

Edited by tv echo